All Comments on 'The CEO Versus the Husband'

by Cagivagurl

Sort by:
  • 209 Comments
SwordWielderSwordWielder11 months ago

Sorry, but it is highly doubtful it would end this nicely. More than likely this would cause serious, possible permanent issues with their marriage; possibly ending in divorce. He could also get depressed enough to attempt suicide - possibly succeed. The wife as the CEO who fires her husband has been done before, but in your version he ends up taking care of the kids and the wife is gone most of the time due to the business and they ignore or minimize what effect her job has on the marriage and family. As I started this comment - this story isn't going to be solved that quickly, and could easily end up destroying the family. How is she going to be a good and effective CEO if her marriage and family is destroyed; even worse if her husband kills himself?

TajfaTajfa11 months ago

The story flipped too easily. I thought his disgusting behaviour might have been a result of a brain tumor. As it wasn't that I thought she should have dumped him. There was no excuse for him sabotaging his work and putting his colleagues jobs at risk.

Ravey19Ravey1911 months ago

Sorry, it's too short, brutal to all parties and too black and white. He went too far and cost the company money and surely too many failed contracts would give him a bad name in the industry. You're a good writer but this is not your best.

ArdieffArdieff11 months ago

I enjoy your stories - but I don't really connect with this one.

WoodencavWoodencav11 months ago

A good storey, understandable behaviour from the husband, but not excusable, but a happy ending. Well done, love your stories. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

ibuguseribuguser11 months ago

Agree with ardieff. Not sure what this was. 3*.

Jetcrash747Jetcrash74711 months ago

I can see the head of the house the breadwinner loosing it all when his wife becomes his boss, but she did not magically become the big cheese she had to advance through the company. He should have seen it happening and either supported her or got another job at a different company. This story stretches my believability, pushing the story into fantasy, especially when he bounces back being self employed and buying out his old company getting revenge on his wife for firing him. Just a little foreshadowing of the unknown plot.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy11 months ago

The husband is a very unsympathetic character!

4

billyblazebillyblaze11 months ago

Wow, that was a boring waste of time.

JimmyThePlungerJimmyThePlunger11 months ago

Always enjoy your stories, a solid 4*, I'm not terribly worried about some people's believability issues, they could always try writing the perfect story themselves!

Thank you, enjoyed it

012Say012Say11 months ago

Great! The other side of the CEO wife stories. I disagree on flip flop of husband. Others think it unlikely, abrupt. He ran it until he saw he was wrong and forced to admit it. Stories here rate less highly when the mail protagonist does not get the best of the woman. In this case they both win, great story..

bioman57bioman5711 months ago

I do not like the story for several reasons. The main 1 was the characters developement was not well done. Another was the way he was terminated was poorly handled....

afanoffanlitafanoffanlit11 months ago

You seem to have a fairly low opinion of men in many of the stories you write…this character is an idiot, but there is no explanation for why he goes from stellar to arrogant, underperforming asshole that makes a shred of sense.

johntcookseyjohntcooksey11 months ago

An alternative look at the ‘CEO wife fires the husband’ trope, wherein the typically career driven wife undeservedly and unfairly humiliates her underling husband. For this version to work, John is necessarily cast in an unsympathetic light, and Lori is left in the utterly untenable predicament of doing her job while resuscitating their marriage. Quite an impressive balancing act. I can see why Lori’s CEO material. Well conceived and superbly written. Thank you.

QBikkQBikk11 months ago

Interesting on this CEO wife storyline. I think her behavior is constant in your story. But his feel rushed and inconsistant. He doesn’t speak, explains his view. Goes from a hateful husband to a sobbing, remorseful one in a flash.

Too bad, because it had potential. His behavior at the end is still puzzling…

MattblackUKMattblackUK11 months ago

That's a very interesting take on this plot line. The husband was a good husband/father but had let the ball drop at work. 5* story.

stev2244stev224411 months ago

Very original and interesting version of the wife as boss plot. Great story.

nestorb30nestorb3011 months ago

Well done

Thanks for writing

MichaelFitzgeraldMichaelFitzgerald11 months ago

Kudos. It’s not easy creating a fully sketched character in a few words and you did. I thought the resolution came too easily. If he was that angry, moving on from that might have been harder. But perhaps your take is more realistic. Thanks for a wonderful story. 5*

korba76korba7611 months ago

Nice take on a tough situation…

tuatarahtuatarah11 months ago

Hope there is a second chapter

someoneothersomeoneother11 months ago

Generally excellent story but the facts just did not hang together well. For example, it would be well-over a year that a court case could reach some sort of conclusion. Where did the husband get the money to pay the lawyer? If the husband was spending all his time being a homemaker and caretaker of the children, how did he have time to do his job as a project manager? How did husband change so suddenly? So, great idea and general plot, but i was left wanting because nothing was real.

Bry1977Bry197711 months ago

story wasnt bad but it was to fast. he went from pissed to happy and having sex like nothing.

MigbirdMigbird11 months ago

Well done though a bit rushed. Could easily have/should have explored storyline and characters more deeply. We only get a glimpse of the characters, though in that glimpse real characters revealed. Aside from the quality of your writing, you never shy away from a tough/complicated storyline. Nice.

miket0422miket042211 months ago

It feels like we got shorted on this story. Typical story from this author is several pages longer than this one.

Had that been the case here we could have seen the lead up to how this all came about rather than hubby finally admitting where his head was at while the story rushed to it's conclusion.

Plus it appears we have the cliche wife who says she'll do anything for their marriage. At the end she claims she'll quit if it helps their marriage. Yet, earlier when he asked that she come home at a reasonable time on a regular basis she has a multitude of reasons why she can't.

So many possible deeps issues that could have been fleshed out and explored that were just rushed past in this story.

Because the story was so rushed I didn't feel the drama, tension and emotions this author normally evokes in their stories.

TechumsahTechumsah11 months ago

A truly loving wife I suppose. This story line has been done a few times. I never see a CEO firing his wife though. It's always the other way around. Wonder why that is? I am guessing it's expectations if I fired my wife for non performance I would be a monster for not helping her succeed. This is also why companies shy away. We had two vps get engaged the female became the CFO the male went to a competitor. Because it prevents situations like this. Great writing as always with two semi decent MC's.

Just_WordsJust_Words11 months ago

I think the story is missing some kind of transition at the start of the flashback. However, his a ger was powerful.

FD45FD4511 months ago

I won’t mention the perfect wife trope. It doesn’t matter.

I don’t believe this story because of the man. Imagine, in one of the other writers stories that a wife had had an affair, sent pictures of her fucking the other man, with her penetrated and kissing him, and also sent a picture of a positive pregnancy test to said hubby.

This has nothing to do with the ability to forgive of Hubby (or in this case, practically perfect wife).

It has to do with how far into the pit that said offender (wife or hubby) has gone down. How incredibly self destructive they have become.

Here, speaking as a man, this guy isn’t coming back. He is getting his own damn job and his own damn apartment because he didn’t torch everything on an easily fucked away whim.

But it is your story and I appreciated it coming from a softer, less clueless direction by the wife.

Quick anecdote about ‘boss wife and hubby’ real life dynamics though. We had a boss lady and her hubby in a meeting and hubby dared to strongly disagree with her publicly.

‘I want to see you in my office right after this meeting.’ To him.

So partnership? Not that I’ve experienced… The drive to be Alpha Bitch generally overtakes the ‘wife mother’ thing.

inka2222inka222211 months ago

This was deliberately contrived to set up the guy as a bad person. On one hand, this is an author's prerogative, and heck, many LW stories set up the woman to be a bad person. It's the point of the story, to create conflict.

On the other hand, this author has a tendency to set it up so men get short end of the stick in general, so I'm docking 1 point for the wife being too dumb to NOT set up the husband to be employed elsewhere **from the start** (as other commenters noted, many if not most big companies have a policy against relationships between subordinates - this story's case isn't the main reason but the point is, it IS a bad idea); and another point for him being painted as cluelessly delusional to the point where anyone who has 2 brain cells would send him to a therapist (being angry about your spouse outdistancing you is not nice but understandable, sabotaging your own work and life by bad mouthing customers and colleagues almost guarantees the guy needed a mental health professional, stat).

Omegaman56Omegaman5611 months ago

This is happening more and more in today’s society unfortunately it doesn’t turn out the way of they story

Normally the woman asked for the divorce. 80% of all divorces are asked for by college educated women that think they settled.

GarySmith69GarySmith6911 months ago

This story seems very familiar, I'm sure there are many stories like this one but it does seem as if it's a re hash of an older story. As for the story itself? Most companies won't let family or spouses work in the same company unless they are are in completely different areas and different parts of the company.

GamblnluckGamblnluck11 months ago

It started almost exactly like 'Let God. Then you switched and made the husband deserve to be fired because he was now.suddenly jealous of his wife's success over the years and rise to CEO.

So the now petty man has to reconfigure his career (or be Mr Mom). And they are lovey dovey.

Certainly not your best. 3 stars

ScorpioJJScorpioJJ11 months ago

Different from the other CEO wife firing husband stories in LW. In this case, he deserved it.

blackrandl1958blackrandl195811 months ago

I am familiar with the story line, and I have played with it. I don't know how often it happens, but it's a great scenario. You handled it well. All the stars from me.

@inka2222: In what way was the guy set up as a "bad person?" He was set up as a good person got obsessed about one thing. Is it your view of women that we let a good person get dumb about one thing and we done with them? If so, and a woman loves you, you have never been introspective enough to appreciate that love. A pity, that. But then, you never do dumb shit, right? Randi

UnassignedUnassigned11 months ago

I guess I'm somewhat in the minority here as I really enjoyed the story. I'm very far from being your biggest fan, but you put an interesting and unique twist on the situation, and the writing was tight; IMO this is one of your best works. Nice job!

JustOneMansOpinionJustOneMansOpinion11 months ago

I liked it. Different take on a familiar story. The title and the beginning start you down one lane of thought and then you take us on a 180deg. change to a real loving wife story instead of the standard LW story. 4-stars. Thanks

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShit11 months ago

Good job presenting the tensions at work and within the marriage. I agree that he got past his anger too easily. With his anger I expected a divorce along with wrongful termination. Either he would have softened to his wife sooner, or taken more time after his case was dismissed. @someoneother: With the kids in daycare or after-school care it’s certainly possible for a PM to handle kids and house. I was a software development PM when our son was in grade school, with a 1-hour each way commute. I went to work early, didn't take long breaks, left in time to pick him up, get him to Tae Keon Do classes, take him home and fed. My wife had a 1-hour commute in a different direction but handled mornings, then had her own Tae Kwon Do classes after work. When my wife’s job required travel, usually one week per quarter, I dealt with all of it. It was stressful but that’s life.

AZslyderAZslyder11 months ago
Not so emotive

4* well written, folks will gauge their "believability" based on their own particular mein. So some will rant for BTB, while others want RAAC. The lack of 5th star for me was an inability to really connect with either MC - this felt a bit detached.

francemanfranceman11 months ago

Congratulations. 5⭐ for me.

Even though it was rather abrupt and quick, I really liked the wife who unlike the women in LW.

For once, we don't have a selfish, self-centered, stupid wife.

Here, you give us an intelligent, independent, strong and caring woman. A delight of a woman.

HarryBoylesHarryBoyles11 months ago

I enjoy the "Let Go" theme and applaud you for a variance.

Hooked1957Hooked195711 months ago

Different take on a familiar theme. Intelligent woman and you didn't make him out to be a cartoon of a man.

Hooked

SexecutionerSexecutioner11 months ago

Already been done by far better writers....

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Feel like i have read most of this before in another story

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Maybe this story is due a round two where John is in such demand that he is telling Lori to make sure the kids get picked up, get to after school events, get their homework done, get supper, get in bed, and all the other parenting chores she has neglected in order to provide child care for her company. Maybe he has to travel forcing her to take back her responsibilities as a mother and wife. Maybe John's new consulting company ends up providing him an income double that of Lori's. Maybe even his ideas and costs savings for clients end up losing Lori's company business. In other words, it turns out canning John was a really bad idea for Lori's company.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Just an awful story. Not a logical conclusion given the facts. This scenario (as most scenarios) has been done many times before and much better. Qhml1, for one, comes to mind.

JustplainjeffJustplainjeff11 months ago

A very different story than the one I was expecting. Still, very well done. I'm not 100% sure John deserves a second chance, but this is YOUR story.

servant111servant11111 months ago

Utter nonsense to the degree that it defies common sense. The roles are one dimensional cartoon cutouts rather than fully fleshed out characters. This reminds me of a York cycle play in which the quickly drawn biblical characters are given their reality by the shared biblical knowledge of the audience. Unfortunately here there is no shared context so your audience is left clueless by the bizarre reality natural actions of the husband and the white knight almost paradoxical holy radiance of the CEO wife. Regardless you as an author failed to convince your reader to properly suspend disbelief. Epic fail to the level of triteness.

2 stars

Harryin VAHarryin VA11 months ago

There have been 3 different stores that I know of. That deal with the wife being the CEO and firing her husband. But only Cagivagurl goes out of her way to make this a sexist attack upon men. It's really quite sad and pathetic. And also predictable.

.

In the other two stories about the wife farm, the husband it turns out that there was a breakdown communication, and the and that certain protocols by the corporation were not being followed. Which is very realistic in the modern corporate world..

. But in this instance, we don't see any of that at all. What we have is a husband that is a knuckle dragging Neanderthal Trump supporter that has to react in a certain primitive caveman-like way because his wife makes more money than he does.

.

Yes we get it Cagivagurl... you badly or said mean things to you in middle school or High School.

MorbidromanticMorbidromantic11 months ago

I didn't enjoy it. I didn't see the point.

WargamerWargamer11 months ago

Not as good as it’s predecessors in the same genre

3/5

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

god, you really do have a low opinion of men

WhackdoodleWhackdoodle11 months ago

John absolutely should have been fired: poor attitude, bad mouthing the company to clients, late and over budget and the lying. He told his wife to talk to the other project managers about Theo and none of them had a problem with Theo.

Then she comes home and he’s drinking and sent the kids to bed because they were bugging the shot out of him.

John is a piece of shit and deserves to be fired and divorced.

JensensloverJensenslover11 months ago

This story line has been done by others, and done much, much BETTER than this rubbish, Thank fuck it was a short one, not a 10 page or more repetitive diatribe of yet another wimp of a man.

ManoBlueManoBlue11 months ago

This is not even an insult but you are the Frédéric Chopin of writing terrible characters. This guy was the Worst. I usually hate your female characters and get annoyed at how weak willed your male characters are by but this guy might be in your top five.

ZippityDoDaDayZippityDoDaDay11 months ago

Well written as (almost) always. I feel this story line deserved more pages than it was given; it is very hard to cycle through the strong emotions expressed in such a short fashion, it feels like a disservice to end it so quickly. Looking forward to more of your LW stories

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Just another unrealistic femdom fantasy painting the men like idiots. Disliked.

AngelRiderAngelRider11 months ago

Did you take your muse for the husband from our lovely cast of characters here? :)

ReadyOneReadyOne11 months ago

Nothing makes sense to me.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Congratulations. You have mastered the art of writing Every Single Male in every story as either a bumbling simp fool or a cuck with a fragile ego. Thank God for battle hardened femnazis otherwise the world would stop revolving. If you try and find some balance and temper your hatred for men in your writing you might find you expand your readership somewhat.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

"Oh? My job is a problem? Ill resign tomorrow... " Long way from 10 pm nights and "Dinners with clients" just a 180 stretch to make her the "Good one".

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Well-written as always. I feel less sanguine about the future stability of this marriage, however. John has an immature streak that I believe would have motivated him to leave the marriage. Also, in the vast majority of corporations, they recognize the potential danger of one member of a married couple having such close authority over the spouse. The CEO would never have been permitted to be directly involved in the firing of the husband. Then again, YMMV.

BSreaderBSreader11 months ago
4 stars

Only because they didn't get divorced, but this was a crazy story. The husband should never had to report to wife this way. He should have been offered counseling not by the wife nor his manager.

MarkTwineMarkTwine11 months ago

A pointless and boring story.

Cracker270Cracker27011 months ago

Well written as usual. I didn’t like it. This one I will not reread. The only thing missing would be for wifey to cheat then rub it in the husbands face.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

I believe a wife as successful and in possession of resources as she would have been able to get him personal or family therapy. It was irresponsible of the wife to allow the problems to negatively impact the company for such an extended period. Both spouses couldn't handle the change to their lives correctly.

I don't think the timeline adds up.

1 month from promotion he's slipping at work. He relies on past rapport to sympathize. 2 months he's enough of a problem that if he were anyone else he'd be gone. A manager might be given more time than a starting employee to work out personal issues. But at this point it's obvious he can't handle the promotion.

They would both be recommended therapy right then.

For the third month to pass with her not thinking of her role at home, they are both idiots and didn't try everything they could think of, and cost people outside their marriage hundreds of thousands of dollars.

She would not remain CEO and they would be sent to therapy. As a CEO she's expected to handle team members more effectively than a manager and he does make her look bad. It's a mess.

She would have gotten time off to fuck him in 3 months. It would be seen by the board as important to the company to correct his mood. 40 days without sex does not cost 400,000 dollars and leave the CEO with a job. That's ridiculous.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

If only minds can be reset that easily, how many relationships and people could be saved!

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

The negative comments I see besides mine seem to validate the theme you are trying for.

This wasn't very pornographic so I suggest the quality of writing should be posted on a regular fiction site and you would probably be motivated to match pens/keyboards vs more serious competition.

I liked your writing, I cared about the characters, I'm just a movie critic. This draft has a lot of potential to be developed into a longer story about how the wife started at the company.

You could either choose to give both more characters more problems getting fired, or you could add more realistic details before resolving their issues with a happy ending.

It is just a little bit rushed and there were just enough details to leave me wanting more.

I was the one suggesting that they should get therapy and she cost the company money, but the husband's work ethic seems like a firing offense and I appreciated the way you wrote the litigation.

I was expecting counter-suing to be in the cards for the unhappy couple.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

This seemed a bit rushed. Where did his change in attitude come from?

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

I'm making a third comment.

This story intrigued me. I strongly encourage you to ignore most of the comments.

Even mine, if you like.

I think if you follow your instincts and write what you want to write, you will continue to develop yourself as a writer and your future work will reflect growth.

You should not be discouraged, most of these ideas are interesting and I can see why you are defensive about copyright.

You should consider trying harder to publish something even more serious, I think you have the potential to tackle the next promotion of your own career. Love your projects enough to give them more time. Believe they are worth that time and that you're worth that time.

Ignore haters. :)

I usually feel shame reading porn and this story made me want to get back to work. In a good way. :)

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Interesting new storyline and one that could be expanded on a lot.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

That was more an outline than a story and a rushed one at that. You can do way better and have done so in the past. Are you jaded? Hope not.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

An you have some issues writing mcs

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

So the protagonist is an awful mother, the antagonist suddenly became awful at his job and unstable at work but magically is incredibly stable at home?

Who am I supposed to cheer for in the story because there is no one of value discussed in depth at all.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

It was like, right before an anticipated coitus interruptus , it got killed by a silently smelly fart. What’s the quintessence here and what to gain outa it? Yah invested good writing in a bad recipe.

Wanted to burp but digested came up.

Try again.

Captcha

LonesomeBoy60LonesomeBoy6011 months ago

It was empty, showing the husband as incompetent, and the wife as the "bread winner" and leader. This is what the modern Feminazi what for themselves, it's not about equality, it's about control & dominance. 2 stars.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Stuff like this doesn't bode well for you, it makes a mockery of those giving advice and editing. Your underlying dislike for men seems to be a recurring theme. Maybe you should try a different angle, it might result in better ratings. Your stories consistently score in the 3 range, that's not good, that's average. Wouldn't you like to be more than AVERAGE?

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Theo will be trying to get in Lori's pants any day now. Asshole.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

A solid 3*

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Lol, good to know that all it took was some sex for all to be forgiven. You take a story idea from other writers and make the MMC deserve to be fired and weak. This was too short and mediocre at best.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Feminist re write of another author's story. You should give credit to the one you used as an outline.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Sorry. Totally unrealistic. She's gutted him as a man. That would have taken a divorce or months and months of counseling to overcome. 2*

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Very similar to previous stories LET GO and YOU'RE FIRED This version is a poor copy. Expected better from Cagivagurl.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Just another story from the Upside Down where the women are always right, and the men are treated like children, but with sex!

Mike_0691Mike_069111 months ago

I have a feeling the ending doesn't fit the plot.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x11 months ago

Captain Obvious alert! I'm a nitpicker. Many find my nitpicks obvious at best, annoying at worst. If that bothers you, please just go onto the next comment, because I won't be changing in this lifetime.

\

This flips the script too much, from the husband being treated unfairly to him richly deserving it.

\

"The underlying problem seemed to be with with John." - "with with?"

\

"None of the other team leads or clients had issues with Theo." - That seems awfully convenient. Surely John wouldn't have lied about something that could so easiiy be disproven?

\

Turn-around was MUCH to quick and easy.

Frank66Frank6611 months ago

Wrong, wrong, wrong. No way, no how does this story work. The jealous, immature husband, filled with bitterness and envy, stubbornly rejecting any and all attempts at helping him- suddenly turns a complete 180 with no explanation given. Two arms wrap around him and BAM, the light turns on. Nope.

Congratulations to C-gurl, tho, for changing her usual format- that of pushing and pushing and pushing until the man either gives in or kills himself (he always gives in).

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

This is not a good story. Let Go was much much better. I could not identify with either character and actually disliked both of them.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Saw it was two pages and was shocked. Now it makes sense. I’m usually a fan, but I honestly didn’t see the point of this one

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

so even if he contacts those folks about a consulting position it was companies that she set up. How does he know he gets the work on his own merit vs them feeling obligated because of his wife?

I always expect a cagevagurl story to have the superior woman and a guy kissing her ass but this was different (in a way). She wasn't out having wild free extra sex cheating while cuck boy sits home and takes it all in. But you still wrote in some stupid male ego thing. I think in real life the guy would not have been at that company at all and would have several boats, motor cycles, a slick car or two, and be out with the guys while she is working for her career goals. The nanny can watch the kids.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Barely a 2

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

“He is going to give you a formal verbal warning, and it will go on your record." If it is recorded, then it’s not just verbal 😎

.

Anyway….quite the different tale from this author. First…it was short. Second, there was no feminist approved adultery 🤗. And finally, a husband who wasn’t a cuck.

.

That said…the main storyline was boring. Wife succeeds big time. Husband doesn’t like it but refuses to say why. Wife is oblivious to the catalyst for his terrible behavior. Not only after he has to be fired, but then the absolute idiot tries to sue for wrongful termination? And wifey doesn’t get rid of the idiot?

.

Just no one to root for in this one. No idea why wifey stayed with this tool.

.

3 ***

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

@omegaman

Not sure where you re getting your data. Just making it up? What I found I that college-educated women are fairly unlikely to get divorced. “Researchers at the National Center for Health Statistics estimate that 78% of college-educated women who married for the first time between 2006 and 2010 could expect their marriages to last at least 20 years.”

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

I've read this story before. The difference is that the original was actually a good story. Granted, they didn't make the main character pathetic and hold the CEO wife, who basically abandoned her family for the job, as a model of perfection. Granted, her kids are probably better off never seeing her...

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Not at all what I expected, but a really good story none the less. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Seems unfinished/incomplete. Ending wrapped up WAY to quickly and easily. Unfortunately, left me totally unsatisfied.

GardenshedGardenshed11 months ago

I liked the story, yes similar story lines but it is a story. John was spiraling out of control is realistic, just eating him away. Thanks for writing.

dragonmann72dragonmann7211 months ago

CG, working for a spouse never works out unless they are equal partners. You didn't tell us what she did before she became the CEO, just that she did. Everyone is beating down John for being an ass, but lets look at it from his point of view.

Did Lori give up any of her afternoons to watch the girls so John could really do his job? No.

Did Lori cook dinner any nights other than maybe on a weekend? No.

Would Lori have accepted John coming home every night after ten and using the excuse of different time zones? No, we've seen what the wife does under those circumstances.

She offered to quit her job, but he knew that wouldn't fly either.

Maybe if she had used the consulting trick in the first place they wouldn't be in the shape they are in, but what happens when his new business makes it where she has to miss time at work or one of those dinners she feels she needs to go to instead of sending one of the other high ranking exec's? Isn't that what smart people do, delegate?

I didn't see a cuck this time but I did see a pussy of a man. In my book a total failure of a story.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

There's a pattern to your writing that you might want to investigate. There's always one 'adult' in the marriage, and the other partner is a 'child,' usually a petulant, immature one. The child is usually male. The conflict is always unequal, with one partner being on the Olympian high ground whilst the other is defending a fever swamp. Sometimes, you can fold this soufflé together so it doesn't fall, but that's the exception. In this one, Lori is all right, and poor John is all wrong. The antagonist is always Captain Queen, boil-the-bunny crazy. The conflict is akin to clubbing baby seals. You lost me at "pay off the judge." That was just silly writing unless John is mentally ill. Then, the switch just flipped too quickly. It's like he was faking, but the reader is only left with the understanding that John has a tragic flaw. He cannot abide his wife's success, but in the end, she kisses his boo-boo, and it's all better. I never thought I'd say it, but I miss your 500,000-word epics. This one felt rushed at the end. Still, a solid three.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCagivagurl@Cagivagurl
Please do not ask for permission to rewrite any of my stories. The answer is no. The stories and characters within, are mine. I created them, they are mine and mine alone. Save yourself the time and don't ask. If I do not respond to your attempts at contact. It is because I do...

SIMILAR Stories