All Comments on 'The Chance Meeting'

by staticling

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
I'm an Atheist, so that joke was good

It's a good little short vignette. Both characters are given wit, obviously because the author has it, so, yes, thank you. Even the "hunting knife" story was good to laugh at!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
It is good two such losers find each other.

they are both very damaged goods, emotionally, mentally, and sexually. I find no love now real emotion between them just a hunger for what could have been if at 17 they had been mature enough for a relationship with another human being. Both are very immature and without any real goals in life. Maturity has nothing to do with age, it has to do with learning from your experiences and how to think beyond the box. These two will never get out of the box. Again it is wonderful that such emotinally damaged souls find each other to ruin only their lives!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
EXCELLENT

You are an excellent writer!

One can feel the love they have for each other all through the melancholic story telling. The story had humor, love and a god ending... just perfect!

Keep on writing!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
the painted in the corner guy

Absolutely one of the best! The story was very graphic in the bathroom scene and not in the actual sex scene, which, if you've read beyond the age of 17, is just a repeat anyway. The wariness and groping for connection and relationship, not just the relationship between the two but also in the relationship of each to the world was so great! I'm a fan.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
WOW.. one of the best things I have EVER read her

wow... just fooking fabulous... fabulous

BULLY

JoesephusJoesephusalmost 17 years ago
I have a bit of time...

and I told myself that I'd try to write today. Then I read something like this and I'm intimidated. Funny, competition has always been a spur, but when I read something with this kind of emotional honesty, I just sigh.

I'm not sure why this was put in LW, but I'm glad it was since I rarely read other categories. Please keep writing and post a few more in here where I'll be sure to find you. I'll try to read your other stories soon.

Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Whimsically Moving

Authoress - Very nice work - your expressions were very visual and while tentative - deeply emotional. It was as though we were all there, watching this unroll.<P>

I agree with Joesephus - You make me want to read your other work in hopes of it being this good. We shall see.

Thanks

With High Regard

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
WOW brings back a lot memories

This one makes my mind float

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 10 years ago
Meh

Interesting dialogue, just not much intrigue in the storyline. 4 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Not For Me

I didn’t like this story for one reason. The character “Sean” came across as an obnoxious asshole who seemed to think that what HE wanted was all that mattered. Yeah, “Adrienne” seemed to be something of a “needy” headcase, but the “Sean” character just flat-out turned me off to this story.

danoctoberdanoctoberover 3 years ago
Almost heaven.

I would be a wonderful to go back and fix things. I felt like cheering them on to reconnect.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Hmmm

Sorry I found it boring.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous