All Comments on 'The Change'

by StangStar06

Sort by:
  • 166 Comments (Page 2)
rightbankrightbankover 9 years ago
let's hope he maintains his social awareness

maybe, just maybe, he was shaken hard enough to leave his wimpy enabling in the past.

and Starla needed a better PI if she didn't know about the ongoing affair with Rhonda.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
So - a complete fairy tale?

Not a bad story - just an unrealistic one. I guess I have to give the nod to the fact that it's a fictional story. The reality is this. Number one - in real life he would have been arrested for assault and battery when he struck Jim and caused him to bite off his tongue. Maybe even done some jail time for it. Number two - I don't care what Rhonda did or who she fucked. She would have gotten primary custody (she was the stay at home Mommy), alimony, child support and the house until their daughter graduated High School. She would also get half his retirement and 401k. So there would have been no way He and Starla ever got together. He had no place to live and given the money going out he would not have been able to move into Starla's house and support them all on what was left. Number three - how could Starla be stupid enough not to know what Jim was doing during the day? She was a stay at home mommy. Didn't she ever wonder what Jim was doing during the day over at their neighbor's house? Too many holes in this one to make it a good read.

H. JekyllH. Jekyllabout 9 years ago
A revenge fantasy

Not my favorite. The poor, guy gets too much and changes too much (for me). The part about trying to fix things and then coming to an understanding makes sense. But -- in my experience (all but nil) women who are cheating don't talk about their mates much. If one did, and she said the belittling things Rhonda said, well, that would by itself be a deal breaker for the marriage. There's someone falling off the wagon, and then there' someone falling off the wagon and being nasty about it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Doesn't Work

The big dust up between her parents that ended up producing her--the third child--was only twenty years prior, and yet she calls the 24 year old nanny being interviewed, "young."

The holes in your story are monstrous, as is your spelling and grammar.

Need to fix 'em.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Fair

The total vindictiveness when he attempted to have them have sex in front of him after they were caught does not go with his character.

honeylicker1124honeylicker1124over 8 years ago
Excellent!!

I can see why this one was an award winner, which is why I chose to read it next. You know I like your stories because it's my favorite theme, cheating wife getting caught and dealt with.

Now as for a couple of the comments I read (couldn't go back and read all 100+ of them!) One said about the 20 years ago, Rhonda's mother got pregnant with her. That discrepancy in the time line did put a bump in the road for me too. But the one that complained about your grammar and spelling, I don't see it. And if you've read my comments on here, I'm very anal about proper grammar, spelling, and word usage.

5 *'s

Tim413413Tim413413over 8 years ago
Excellent.

They adopted each other's kids. Really? I can't imagine Rhonda agreeing to that.

Many_MemoriesMany_Memoriesover 8 years ago
It's TRUWE, it's TRUWE!

The nice guys (and gals) sometimes DO get to finish first! GREAT ONE!

tatlockstatlocksover 8 years ago
Revenge is hard to write convincingly. Very predictable ending.

Loving Wives is a category for stories about unfaithful wives. The wives are always going to be having sex with other men. Some nicely and some behaving badly.

Texas_Air_ForceTexas_Air_Forceover 8 years ago
StangStar06 has found a common thread that determines if the marriage lives....

The author seems to have found the one factor that determines if the marriage survives. If she cheats, the marriage may make it. But, if she cheats as a way to humiliate her husband (talking about him with her lover, putting him down, verbally abusing him as if he were in the room forced to hear her) then the marriage is pretty much toast. Lots of authors point to 'trust' as the issue, but I think it is a combination of trust AND respect. If both are lost, so goes the marriage. Excellent story; 5 stars!

tazz317tazz317almost 8 years ago
CHANGES, CHAMELEONS AND TIGERS

all things with spots. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
I'll take a different course

I find you character to be, not only a wimp, but a coward, as well. His type of retribution made him worse than his wife or her fuck buddy! He should have come right out and told the parents and Jim's wife what happened. I see no chivalry in his trying to be noble and not say anything to them. Get the tough part over with and move on!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
No Way

An enjoyable story. However, as others have said, there is no way his divorce would have taken place as described. The law would have dictated otherwise.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
They Deserve Each Other!

Ryan and Starla ...what a pair of fucked up people! The way Ryan handled his wife and the divorce really showed his true colors....I figure that he wanted Starla from the get go and was pushing his wife into the divorce while trying to make himself look great....instead he looks like a loser and an asshole not to mention just a little full of himself!! Plus Starla has a PI watching her husband fulltime....ha ha ya right...where did that money come from. Also not much of a PI if she didn't know about Jim fucking Rhonda... well....like I said those two losers deserve each other...I really feel sorry for the kids...two fucked up parents giving them life lessons....what a joke!! Good thing it's just a fucked up story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
UGH!!

After reading a number of your stories it's quite apparent your just as big a fuck wad as the characters you writ about!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
About Face

Not sure what you're smoking, Stang. The first part of the story just drops into the memory hole, along with gramps n granny. Something was just kinda discombobulated about the direction of things.

I'll say this, though: at least you gave us a regular ol' stupid cheatin' bitch rather than your usual trademark reptilian dipshit from Xandar wife.

Not sure why the saccharin ending is necessary, either. It doesn't add anything of substance to the story. It brings the deeper message about the devastation of marital infidelity into rather sing-songy territory.

notredame43notredame43over 6 years ago
texas airforce got it

nothing to add but 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Fantastic Story

Very well written. Unique. Great reading. Very entertaining. Worthy of 5-stars.

BigGuy33BigGuy33over 6 years ago
Missed this one...

Thought I had read all of Stang's stories. I stand corrected.

Oh, and I loved it.

GillotineGillotineover 6 years ago
on point

I agree with Texas Air Force 100%, but would add communication. Trusting someone and telling someone you trust them are two different things. Loving someone and also telling them you love them, Etc. Ryan might have provided the roughness that Rhonda wanted, had she said something.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
UGH!!!

Your Protagonist is truly screwed up! A pshycho! From one EXTREME TO THE OTHER!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
SSDD

Enough said.

jtwheelsjtwheelsalmost 5 years ago
4 stars enabler if not been 5

So many stories don't tell other party cheated on

Excuse don't want to ruin. Marriage it already ruined by cheaters

As a very few stories said you are enabling cheaters to possibly keep cheating by not revealing the infidelity

All the people I know well want to know

What saying

When we first deceive what a tangled web we weave

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Re: Texas_Air_Force

You are dead on, Skippy. Unfortunately I've seen both sides of this coin up close and personal. Can't be any clearer, they both suck. I can't think of too many worse things to do to someone than what happened in these two marriages. Stang did get one thing wrong though; nice guys should always finish last, it really increases your chances of the lady inviting you back again. Signed: BTW

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
Absolutely great

StangStar can tell one great story and this certainly meets that standard. Poor Rhonda, have just think she was stupid, and didn't realize what she was risking. She found out too late. Roger was a predator who crossed someone who could destroy him. Good guys do win sometimes.

Old_biker_dudeOld_biker_dudeabout 4 years ago
4th time reading this as I work through all of SS06 stories

Still a 5* +

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
YES HE IS ONE;

GUESS WE ARE SUPPOSED TO BE ALL HAPPY BECAUSE HE GETS THE GOOD WIFE, BUT, A WIMP IS A WIMP. THIS FUCKHEAD IS A WIMP. THESE WRITERS JUST CAN'T SEE PAST THE FACT THAT MEN DON'T REACT THE WAY THAT THEY THINK THEY SHOULD. I, CAN ONLY SURMISE, THAT, MOST OF THESE LITEROTICA WRITERS HAVE BEEN THOUGH A DIVORCE AND THEY ARE THE WIMPS THAT THEY WRITE ABOUT, THEY DON'T KNOW HOW MEN REACT SO THEY CAN'T WRITE ANY OTHER WAY. TOO BAD, WE AREN'T WARNED UP FRONT THAT THIS IS A STORY OF A WIMP HUSBAND, IF YOU DON'T LIKE THESE KINDS OF STORIES, BEST NOT READ. ALSO, IT WOULD BE SO NICE TO READ UP FRONT TO BE WARNED THAT THIS IS A KICK ASS NO TOLERANCE STORY OF A HUSBAND THAT RUINS CHEATING WIFE AND LOVER WITH NOTHING, BUT HEARTACHE, IF THIS BOTHERS YOU DON'T READ.

robroy93robroy93about 4 years ago
Great story

I believe Ryan made out well in getting Starks for the cheating Rhonda. Plus he got to smack Him around a little.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
UGH!

Couldn't get passed the middle of the second page You write some good stuff....but not this! Any guy this much of a wimp doesn't deserve a "good outcome", the way you write it!

SwordWielderSwordWielderalmost 4 years ago
Good, but...

SS06 I love your stories, but this one had a issue in my opinion. Ryan should have given a copy of the evidence and his lawyer's info to Starla the first time he met her, and explained that Jim lied. Jim stated he didn't care for Rhonda's marriage, so why should he protect Jim?

MarkT63MarkT63over 3 years ago

5 stars!!! Great ending for a good man.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
A great story

For those of you that think this guy is a wimp you are cave men. He did not touch her or go stupid and end up in jail after he found out. He did not jump to kicking her out but he knew he did not love her anymore and did make a plane which is why he ended up winning.

Great story thank you

from the wimps of the world :-)

secretsalsecretsalover 3 years ago

Good story, but what kind of a sales job has a night shift? Night shifts are usually for work that doesn't need to directly interact with external parties, or for police work and emergency services.

iameaseliameaselabout 3 years ago

Good story but the moment he met Starla it was clear where this would end, even with all the talk about her parents issues and the movements towards the faux attempt to reconcile.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

To secretsal-

Of course salesmen don't call on customers at night. This was just to force Jim to quit rather than be fired.

I saw my father be "let go" by the company that bought out his company. (And no, he didn't cheat on my mother.)

Rancher46Rancher46almost 3 years ago

The quiet good guy got the girl and rid himself of a cheating slut. 4 stars

Leroy371Leroy371almost 3 years ago

Why did Rhonda stay that long in a situation that is messed up? The normal way is separating or take her back.

Why did the main character in most storys get the other spouse? Hardly heared that in my life.

Why is it in the end most about the money? Saving secret money, sueing other people or getting money out of the blue. I guess broken marriage can not be satisfied by money. Why living a normal life and after divorce you have to be rich?

Is it not more common keeping the job, getting a new spouse and live a good life?

That is not only this story, this points could be find in many stories. So is the path of loving wives stories that narrow?

nixroxnixroxover 2 years ago

3 stars - the story was OK right up to the part where Ryan starts torturing his wife and the asshole to get his revenge. Then the crap with the asshole's ex-wife really knocked it down to a 3.

What is it with you and several other authors on here have a thing for a lousy ford mustang? The old sayings 'found on road dead' or 'fix or repair daily' did not just suddenly appear out of thin air.

26thNC26thNCover 2 years ago

No sympathy at all for poor Rhonda. She was the cheater, and she disrespected him every time she was with Jim. To he'll with the bitch. She reaped exactly what she sowed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I never hated my wife for what she did to us. Yes I divorced her but every one else blammed her. I helped her settle into her new life but I could never take her back. Good story remember folks, its a story. Calm down.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

One of the best from you. Wonderful, beautiful and meaningful story. Definitely a five star rating. 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Hilarious!!!

RuttweilerRuttweilerover 2 years ago

This author consistently writes weird main characters that would rather work toward their cheating wive’s unhappiness than toward their own happiness.

It’s absolutely the stupidest thing. It’s just unbelievable that someone doesn’t understand that you cannot make yourself happier just by making someone else unhappier. You learn that in the fourth grade. Or you should have.

So you don’t want her anymore? Then get rid of her. Go on, find your own happiness somewhere else. Maybe with someone else. Or, maybe try being happy with yourself. Whatever, just get away.

But noooo, he’s got to hang around and make her miserable. Fine, if you are absolutely sure you will be better financially and legally, and you have no chance of getting caught. Most pissed-off, testosterone-amped guys are going to make mistakes. You gotta be cool, really smart, and experienced. Or else, you’re going to fuck up because you’ve never done it before and there’s something you didn’t anticipate. BAM! Things just got worse for you, shithead.

See above for financial and legal considerations.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Rottweiler, I see you've never written a story here. It's easy to fault others work when you've never even tried. Try being constructive for a change. Write something and have it judged, maybe you will find that compassion inside you. The story was well presented, clear, and had heart to it. I've never written here either but I don't trash anyone for doing what I don't have the talent to do. R. Bachman.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Interesting main character, detailed emotional progression for most of the story. The new relationship lacked all the detail and depth of the primary story line. If the author did not want to put as much effort into the aftermath, which is clearly the case, then it would have been better to just skip the underdeveloped ending and end the story where the couple decide to split.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I Took My ex back after I caught her cheating on Me ,.. Worse decision of my life as She was a born Cheater . I could have beat her boy toy up anytime I wanted to .. But My Sensei asked Me if I would feel better going to jail over a Girl I no longer loved I was a brown belt when I hot Divorced and I am now a Black Belt . My Sensi said he would rather we ran from a fight then to beat a guy up , 5 Stars on a Great Story

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

excellent story , the ending clenched it .

thank God you didnt stop at the split up .

five stars

NitpicNitpicover 1 year ago
How

How did Rhonda get a job as a nanny in Ohio without an interview?.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 1 year ago

I wonder was this after SS06 got married. He gave second chances and everything else after he said I DO.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good story but I did see the ending a mile away which kind of ruined the end for me would of loved some kind of twist don’t know what but getting with Starla the guys ex was a bit cliche

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Nitpic; she interviewed with an employment agency beforehand. She got the job because she is left handed and can teach snorkeling. Nice story, sad subject, good outcome for most. Thanks for a nice read.

xhristianjxhristianjover 1 year ago

So a chick whose 24 is too young for a guy barely in his 30s what a joke. I'm sure this author has a thing for old Milfs or even Gilfs because he just loves retreads😂 And for some reason all his women characters are the same age or normally older by a few years geez talk about a type 🤔

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Don't be down on older women, I've been a serious admirer of older women since grade school.😍

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Would like to meet his lawyer's aunt, she sound delightful, but she's that hot, she's probably a cougar the way the world seems.😢

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

4 Stars on a good story . My Great Grand father was 40 and he married a 18 year old . They had 6 kids and from what I have been told they Loved each other a lot .

26thNC26thNC9 months ago

Again for a great story worthy of its high scores.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Interesting. Liked Starla. Not sure I get why Rhonda felt the need to belittle the MC when she was with Jim: "little man", "wimp", etc. That seemed totally contrarian to how she acted after thr first few days post being served. Don't get me wrong, reconciliation was not an option. But for someone who "appeared" to love her husband, and professed to do so, even with Jim, then why the derision? Guess that was the extra sauce needed by the author to push reconciliation totally off the table. Her signing thr papers and having them notarized, seemed really stupid in today's day and era, but that shows how desperate she was. Rhonda was messed up. Then moves to Ohio to be a nanny. Wonder if Haley remembers her much.

FluidswallowerFluidswallower5 months ago

Another well`-written and enjoyable tale. thanks for another good read

TrainerOfBimbosTrainerOfBimbos3 months ago

Average story without any kind of special hook. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't that great either. 3/5

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Stopped reading ,' Bloody Stupid'

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

3 stars

Started out ood , then fizzled.

LechemanLecheman29 days ago

Have read this story a few times now and enjoyed every time.

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal196923 days ago

maybe too perfect (and a bit cruel with the divorce terms and tongue) but I did enjoy the sweet finish.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous