All Comments on 'The Cheating Zone 01: Karen'

by saddletramp1956

Sort by:
  • 131 Comments
HighpikeHighpikeabout 5 years ago
Very well done

Very well done, indeed. Thank you for a good read.

apollo170apollo170about 5 years ago
Interesting premise...

I'd like to see more.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Twilight Zone

You have become an author I look forward to reading!!

breville1breville1about 5 years ago
Awesome!!

Different!! And it was a good ending for her. Loved it!

iakatziakatzabout 5 years ago
Loved it...

I couldn't see where you were headed but I was enjoying the ride as the story flowed. It was a good read for sure. A few typos but who's perfect?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Nice new twist

Keep them coming!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Yes!

More like this.

MattblackUKMattblackUKabout 5 years ago
Ha! Nice one! As we Brits say

Creepy and very well done.

A nice tribute to Rod.

IndyOnIndyOnabout 5 years ago
Very Good....

I really like your style! *5* You are an excellent writer and I am hoping you will continue your revenge series sometime soon....Thank You from Seattle

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Different and interesting

Quite creative - well done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
OMG

I added a comment and it disappeared (cue twilight zone music)

Loved it! Loved it! Loved it!

If it had spelling or grammar issues too bad I got it and it didn't detract from the story!

Did she cheat - no. Would or could have cheated - maybe but she didn't. Main theme was the story and it worked. Didn't over think it an it worked. Good communicator/ story teller well done.

Did anyone else have the twilight zone music in their heads? Because I did, I figure it was good writing. Karen was a vehicle for Rod Serling and the Cheating Zone and it worked.

Well done and look forward to more....

neilnblowme2neilnblowme2about 5 years ago
bizzare

not my cup of tea but still great writing

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Rod Serling? Now THAT is old school!

His voice and that show used to creep me out when I was a kid. That and the "Outer Limits". But this was nothing like those shows. She cheats - in her imagination? Where's JR? And when she tells her husband he basically tells her to "handle it" herself. Yeah that's a loving husband. What a prick! With nothing but unlikable characters and a nod to an old TV show, there really wasn't much to like here. Try again.

silentsoundsilentsoundabout 5 years ago
5* Just for the Twilight Zone

I love the Twilight Zone if you couldn't tell.

Loved this angle!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Wow!

That was a great use of a terrific old TV show. I'm guessing there's been a few folks who have been in similar situations, but had their 'come to Jesus' moment before it got to cheating.

c24jc24jabout 5 years ago
Great stuff !

A great tribute to Rod Serling and the "Twilight Zone' as well. Fun to read. And for once it was possible to 'unfuck' someone. Nicely done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Well Done.

That was good. Well done. 5 Stars.

26thNC26thNCabout 5 years ago
Getting better

You've always been very good, but you're getting even better with each story. This was outstanding. I could see Rod Serling, and hear the music as your story unfolded. It was written exactly like a Twilight Zone episode. A little Dallas , it was all dream ending too. Well done Saddletramp. I'm waiting for a Western next.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Great story....

So much better than "no mercy". Delightfully weird. Well done. 5*

tazz317tazz317about 5 years ago
A PREMONITION

of a DejaVu in reverse TK U MLJ LV NV

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 5 years ago
Thoughts

"She didn't want to risk taking John's bodily fluids home to Kyle - at least not yet." - Not YET? Is she seriously considering bringing Kyle sloppy seconds?

"Karen Anderson and her supervisor, one John Hawkins, was terminated almost a year ago for violating the company's rules against fraternization," - She wouldn't be terminated, at least not without a big settlement. Hawkins was her supervisor, classic sexual harassment. even if she consented.

Cool ending! I'm a YUGE Twilight Zone fan.

I still say that she doesn't need to change jobs. He's her supervisor, there's an implied threat even if he never expressly pressures her, That's sexual harassment.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Glad so many readers liked it.

I thought is was lame and silly. She only regretted fucking around when she realized the consequences, based on external events. Her internal moral compass led her straight to John's cock, and nothing in the story indicates her character and ethics are now improved. She'll just be more careful when the next opportunity comes along.

She's still the same shallow arrogant stupid whore who was looking forward to some great adultery sex. She knows John's an asshole not above drugging women and she still works for him, is even excited by his attention? What does that tell you?

What is from the Twilight Zone is the premise that a whore becomes a good woman after she realizes she's a whore. This nincompoop knew she was a whore since puberty. If this is really the first time, its just the beginning. The dumb shit who has been spoiling her will totally deserve all the shit she will eventually bring down upon him. Deaf dumb and blind ends up fucked.

Tiger27Tiger27about 5 years ago

I don't see where Karen agreed to meet with Bull Nuts Hawkins anywhere. Granted she may have been at the cliff edge, but she blew him off (figuratively) before anything got started. Just because said bull nuts wanted to meet her doesn't mean she would meet with him. She should have told Hawkins to go fuck himself right at the beginning, and reported him to the powers that be. Besides if John was banging all the women in the office he would have been caught and fired long before he tried to get his clutches on Karen. Kyle was aware of Hawkins intentions and should have discussed his concerns with the law partners before it got out of control. Great story though. All Characters were well defined and the story flowed smoothly. Can't wait to see what this author comes up with next.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
so she never actually cheated

You people and your comments are making me embarrassed to actually like BTB stories

johnadpjohnadpabout 5 years ago
Really Good & @Anon

Really good, was feeling very Twilight Zonish and it turned out it literally was. Very well done.

@Anon, umm, she didn't actually cheat. The whole thing, including her having the multiple orgasms was part of her nightmare.

It's not a true test of morality not to have temptations. It's to have temptations and opportunities, but forsake them because it would hurt the ones you care about. She was tempted to cheat, her subconscious mind through her nightmare communicated to her the consequences of her possibly cheating. To me it is much more meaningful that my spouse doesn't cheat on me because she wouldn't want to hurt me, and she wouldn't want risk losing me. It could be argued either way, if her nightmare was because of what she loses or the fact that she loses the love of her husband. Either way it kept her from cheating, but for me it would make a big difference if it was because it was out of love for me, as opposed to consequences for her. It's a fine line, but it does make a difference.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Terrible Twilight Zone Crap

I never support wife cheating or cuckoldry, but some of the BTB stuff is worse than cuckold stories. Too far fetched and not even erotic (which is the major point). I stopped reading in the middle of the story and just scrolled through. Javmore79, DTIverson, Carvohi, Ohio, Harddays, Blackrandi, Gmoon, where are you!!! Ughhh!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
I Stand Corrected

I just wrote a comment titled "Twilight Zone Crap." Went back and finished the story and want to correct my previous comment. After further review, I am embarrassed by the comment I wrote and see the greatness of this story. @Saddletramp, great story. Loved the finish and gave 5 stars.

stinger82stinger82about 5 years ago
Loved it!

What an original, fun story!

Great job - I gave you a 5!

oldbearswitcholdbearswitchabout 5 years ago
Well done ST! Nice cree a tiv I TY.

Good display of versatility switching from your normal frontal assault writings. we

Tiger27Tiger27about 5 years ago

I didn't see anywhere in the story where Karen agreed to have an affair with Hawkins. She may have come close, but nowhere in the story did she agree to fuck Hawkins.

IvanivonovichIvanivonovichabout 5 years ago

A very unique and entertaining departure from the status quo around here. My wife and I enjoyed it thoroughly please continue.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
The guy that wrote the "Twilight Zone Crap"

comment came back and made another comment, both as anonymous. Lit tries to allow just one comment from a single anonymous reader. This pretty much tell us that a dozen favorable or unfavorable anonymous comments can be made by one person. I assume the same applies to voting. It sort of explains why certain stories score well even if they are not all that good and why some well written and plotted stories score poorly. It's chaos in here!

AMerryman 2.0

GeorgeAndersonGeorgeAndersonabout 5 years ago
Well done!

Nicely imagined, well and concisely told. Now, if only one could manufacture at will a dream to pull an about-to-cheat wife back from the brink. Rather like the "Death's Door" episode of The Avengers. (No, not those Avengers. The real ones, Steed and Mrs. Peel.)

GA

dark2donut2dark2donut2about 5 years ago
Interesting

Creative but it is interesting the husband shows no support for her even though she tries to get clean. Instead of going after lothario the husband is attacking the wife. That is a real twilight zone here.

Nevertheless this is a creative little piece.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 5 years ago
@dark2donut2 Re: "Interesting"

"husband shows no support for her even though she tries to get clean. Instead of going after lothario the husband is attacking the wife." - Where do you see that?

"I'm a bit pissed that you didn't tell that creep 'no' right off the bat, but at least you're doing the right thing now." - Wow, what a VICIOUS attack! /s

"Of course I love you, Karen, I always have," he said. "But I think we need to have a serious talk about this after you've settled down, maybe even seek some counseling. I can't believe you were so gullible that you were falling for him like that." - Boy, that's SO unsupportive, how can she possibly stay with such an unfeeling heel! /s

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Outstanding Job! 5+

To tie in a classic TV, a moral story, a bit of mystery, to classic cheating that prevents cheating? Tie them all together? Outstanding job!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
thanks for the kindness of God!

God brought nightmare to Karen. So Karen woke up and avoid terrible danger at the last monent. It tells us to be honest to our family. Great Job!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
@A Merryman re: anon comments (x2 or more)

I have long been an anon commenter here. Since summer 2013 to be exact. OK, some people have been here longer sure, not trying to win any award. Anyway, I KNOW that it had long been impossible to post anon more than once FROM THE SAME IP ADRESS. So if you are on your windows laptop, then switch to your I- Phone, THEN go to the public library, then you could make three anon comments on the same story. Otherwise, no dice. Since comment moderation started, I personally have been commenting and yes even reading less. No longer here on the daily, I find unless I have a meaningful contribution, I usually skip it altogether. So out of habit, it never occurred to me to even try to post more than once, since the review times take so long for just one comment to be reread. A while back I read here a theory that if you were registered, you could log out, and post anon, but since the IP address was registered to a user, It would (so the theory went) be able to post more than once anonymously. I never read this confirmed nor denied. I actually registered once, but had problems with my email, so never was able to log in again. But during that brief time, I never got to experiment with more than one anon posting. Since comment moderation, today after this comment posts, I will try again with a comment on this story. If you don't read a logical anon follow-up to this, then you'll know I wasn't permitted to do so.

But a few things first.

My private theory on the two anon back to back comments you referenced HERE earlier? Not the same person. First was a troll. Second was a troll trolling the first troll. I think this mostly because of the moderation time delay. Too hard to get back to back comments, without a different comment inserted in between.

Second to the author:

In case I don't get my second comment, (prolly won't), I did like this attempt. It was diverting, although heavily telegraphed. In honor of SBrooks' nitpickery, her car wouldn't have been left there, after an investigation into her death, much less after the first week it would have been towed out of the hotel parking lot. However, but once the Twighlight Zone aspects of mysterious circumstances are introduced, I suppose Rod Sterling himself could have had it transported there from the impound lot.

Anyway, I didn't, and don't recommend others to, take story details so seriously. This type of stuff is just for the author to consider.

Thank you for the effort!

IntuitiveJIntuitiveJabout 5 years ago
Very creative

Good job for creating a unique story here. I know how hard it is to come up with unique storylines and appreciated you taking the time to entertain us readers. There could be a lot of interesting stories using the the Zone framework. Keep it up. I want to read more of them.

IainmoreIainmoreabout 5 years ago
You are entering........

Great story...... fade to black!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Interesting

and different. the twist, very nice.

ewray321ewray321about 5 years ago
Finally

Finally a story with a different point of view. Very good so far..........

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
What a concept!

Your story could have been so bad with all the cliches beloved to the LW writers' association. But you threw off the old and jumped into a different circumstance and it worked!

R.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
???

I'm sure this story is awesome but I'm dumb so I couldn't understand what the fuck happened. meh.

Freddog6601Freddog6601about 5 years ago
Imaginative

Clever story. Short enjoyable read.

Yes, I miss the Twilight Zone.

LickideesplitLickideesplitabout 5 years ago
Nice, but Sci-Fi / Fantasy

BTW, it is a STRAIT-jacket, as in Straits of Gibraltar (a tight passage).

C_frommnC_frommnabout 5 years ago
Twilight Zone

Loved the Rod Serling reference. It made me Laugh at the End.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Took a while for the penny to drop.

As soon as she woke in the motel I thought that this seemed like the Twilight Zone, only took another 1/2 page to connect the dots. <slaps forehead>

Great read thank you. Not the 1st LW/TZ crossover, but a darn sight lighter than the other.

oldsage_1oldsage_1almost 5 years ago
Ha Ha!

Great read very creative!

You are still on my follow list!

Crusader235Crusader235almost 5 years ago
Erotic

Erotic Horror for a loving wife. Fun read, I miss Twilight Zone. Five stars.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 5 years ago
That was fun!

You created an interesting mood. Very different. I liked it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Great!

Loved it

SkubabillSkubabillalmost 5 years ago
Not an erotic sci-fi fan, BUT......

This was a really good one with a brilliant ending. I am now looking forward to the rest of this series. Very well done.

laptopwriterlaptopwriteralmost 5 years ago
Okay...

this got a 5 from me. Very creative. I loved it.

KRD19254KRD19254almost 5 years ago

Damn good 6*, ya sucked me in until Kyle named the TV host. Then it all fell into place. As I read the last paragraph I read it in my mind using his Rod's voice and could see him saying it with a cigarette in his hand - really good.

This type of creativity is sorely lacking in the L-LW site.

KRD19254KRD19254almost 5 years ago

Damn good 6* - ya sucked me in until Kyle named the TV host. As I read the last paragraph I heard Rod's voice and memory visualization with his signature cigarette in his hand (that later killed him).

This type of creativity is sorely missing in the L-LW site. Hooyah, salute!

DogFuzzDogFuzzalmost 5 years ago
Nice

A nicely done twist to a possible cheating wife tale. Or “was” it a cheating affair? Hum, only known in the Twilight Zone. Top marks for the idea.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Very Imaginative Story

Definitely not your average cheating wife story. Well executed.

TreymonTreymonover 4 years ago
Great story

After she said she did not want to bring any fluids home "yet",I wished he had given her the boot but you can't always get your way.

moblanemoblaneover 4 years ago
TRITE and silly

In all long-running TV series when the writers run out of stories, imagination and talent the offerings always descend to some kind of supernatural or science-fiction level. This story represents that fall from skill to delusional exixtence! It was rubbish, well written but rubbish!

bruce22bruce22over 4 years ago
Excellent Tale

The author truly did the old story in a nice new polished case. I loved the hook up with Rod Serling and the Twilight Zone which I enjoyed some sixty years ago.

YackocanYackocanover 4 years ago
Ingenuity at its finest

Completely not what I was expecting when I started reading. I enjoyed the homage paid to the classic genre and the twisting made it feel exactly how one would expect after an episode of The Twi... I mean, The Cheaters Zone.

MormonJackMormonJackover 4 years ago
Wow... terrific story!

We written, well paced, and certainly not how I thought this might turn out. Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Excellent!!

...what a great story. Unique, imaginative, just so well written. I like your stories. 5 stars. Thanx!

Loklie

javmor79javmor79about 4 years ago

I just found this. Now, I have to read the entire series. Awesome imagination!

johsunjohsunabout 4 years ago

Love it!

Used to love the Twilight Zone, the whole family watched it. Of course now what episodes I remember are probably all mixed in withe episodes from 'Outer Limits' and 'One Step Beyond.'

I got into Sirling's 'Night Gallery' too, although not as much as the original.

Good story.

lee5456lee5456about 4 years ago
Good story

I was a child when twilight zone came out on TV. This story made me think of that show

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989about 4 years ago
Great job

Could almost hear the twilight zone theme song.

KoxokKoxokabout 4 years ago

5 stars and 2 thumbs up. Thanks for the story and the chuckle. Looking forward to the rest of the series 😀

LeeinFloridaLeeinFloridaover 3 years ago
Fun, very creative story.

This was not at all what I had expected. Great twists throughout.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Lost one star

Lost one star because there were no repercussions for the Cunt. Otherwise good story .

SignedBTWSignedBTWover 3 years ago
Re: Anon 11/13/20

Just what do you suggest as a consequence, stoning, beheading, boiled in oil? How about a spin on the rack? I shudder to think what would be appropriate in your world if she had actually done what she dreamed.

Tramp, keep on, keepin' on with a television icon, some of us remember it from the first time around. Signed: BTW

jackcaljackcalover 3 years ago

great I always enjoyed twilight zone. definite5

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraover 3 years ago

Instead of going to another department, go to your HR department, who are required by Federal, as well as many state and local laws, to fully investigate these complaints. With the "other girls" in the office, along with his apparent use of date-rape drugs to force sex with his subordinates, the <i>excrement will forcefully impact the operating mechanical, forced-air impeller.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Ha ha I LOVED it , what a twist , brilliant ! Makes me wanna marathon with Rod too !

CaptFlintCaptFlintabout 3 years ago

If this was meant, at least in part, as a tribute to one of the iconic shows of the 20th century, congratulations. Bullseye. A well thought out piece of writing, well executed.

LT56linebackerLT56linebackeralmost 3 years ago

You did it again!! 7 stars cause YOU know I can't count. Hoss, the Bear Definitely approves. Love your stories . I will read anything you write. Keep up the good work.

The BEAR

DGHear2DGHear2almost 3 years ago

I really li8ked it. Quite different.

DG Hear

traddisagaintraddisagainover 2 years ago

short and not very sweet

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

YAYYY! Well done! Very well done.

LWlurker

Boardman68Boardman68over 2 years ago

Great story with a totally different approach to the typical cheating wife with her boss story.

AA82ndAAAA82ndAAover 2 years ago

You are a great story teller. When is the next installment of FLASH coming out?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

5 Stars .. I loved the twilight zone

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

These slight of hand stories have become irritating.

dgfergiedgfergieover 2 years ago

interesting................................

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

excellent!

rbloch66rbloch66almost 2 years ago

I didn’t catch on to title till after I finished the story. That was 5 stars worth of fun.

Buster2UBuster2Ualmost 2 years ago

Another great story by Yhe Great Saddle Tramp! Thank You again for your amazing writing 5 stars as usual.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Two thumbs way up! 10 out of 10.

Kudos. One of your imaginative best!

But you have to be old enough to remember The Twilight Zone to really appreciate this story.

Thankfully I am....

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Good story, but after that ending, I'd be surprised if the lady didn't need psychiatric aid!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Classic saddletramp. I suspect from reading his other stories that we may not always see all the social issues the same way, BUT are probably 99% agreement on basic values. A good marriage IS the bedrock of society. From a 70+ old codger, love the Twilight Zone plot. May you keep writing here or some venue for discerning readers. Thanks dude!

Rancher46Rancher46almost 2 years ago

Very entertaining. 5/5

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

“We know that a dream can be real, but who ever thought that reality could be a dream? We exist, of course, but how, in what way? As we believe, as flesh-and-blood human beings, or are we simply parts of someone’s feverish, complicated nightmare? Think about it, and then ask yourself, do you live here, in this country, in this world, or do you live, instead — in The Twilight Zone?” from an episode of the Twilight Zone - "Shadow Play" - found on the internet. Great job, Author!

EXursusRhereEXursusRhereover 1 year ago

WOW!!! Just friggin' WOW!!!

BuckeyebobBuckeyebobover 1 year ago

Ha funny story. Try gt

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usersaddletramp1956@saddletramp1956
Enjoying life one day at a time... I write for fun and for entertainment. Please note that any statements by characters in my stories do not necessarily reflect the views of opinions of the author. Please feel free to follow me on Twitter at @saddletramp1951 or contact me d...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES