The Cheating Zone 01: Karen

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Of course I believe you," Kyle said. "You forget that we've been married for ten years and we've known each other for five years before that. You've never been able to keep a secret from me. And the guilt would eat you alive.

"While we're on the subject, I've noticed that you've been a bit off the last couple days. At first I thought it was just work-related, but now I think I know the real reason, don't I?"

Karen looked down and nodded her head.

"Yes," she said quietly. "It's been on my mind a lot these last two days. I don't want to lose my job but I couldn't live without you and I couldn't live with myself if I hurt you and the kids like that. What do I do?"

"You're kidding, right?" Kyle asked. "You're a smart, educated woman, Karen. Do you really have to ask? Or do you want me to lay it out for you?"

"You don't need to do that, Kyle. I guess I just needed some validation. I know the first thing I'm doing," she said, getting out of the bed. She walked to her closet and pulled out the dress she intended to wear the next day. It was a nice dress that showed a bit of cleavage and fell a few inches above her knees. It wasn't overtly sexual, but it still did a good job of highlighting her curves. She pulled it off the hangar and tossed it into the trash.

"I never want to see that dress again," she said. Kyle looked surprised.

"That was a pretty expensive dress," he said. "Are you sure you want to do that?" Karen sat down on the bed.

"Yes," she said. "And tomorrow, I'm telling John 'not just no, but hell no.' Then I'm going to ask for a transfer to another department. I may get a cut in pay but I don't care. If they won't give it to me, I'll quit. Our marriage is more important to me and I'll do anything to keep us together. Can you ever forgive me?

"Of course I can," Kyle said. "I'm a bit pissed that you didn't tell that creep 'no' right off the bat, but at least you're doing the right thing now."

Karen hugged her husband as though her life depended on it.

"I can't believe I was so stupid, Kyle. Please hold me and tell me you love me," she said.

Kyle hugged her back and kissed her forehead.

"Of course I love you, Karen, I always have," he said. "But I think we need to have a serious talk about this after you've settled down, maybe even seek some counseling. I can't believe you were so gullible that you were falling for him like that."

"I understand," Karen said. "I promise it'll never happen again." She looked at the television on the wall opposite their bed and saw him - the man she saw on the street corner in her nightmare.

"Kyle, who is that man on TV?" she asked.

"That's Rod Serling, dear. They're having a Twilight Zone marathon. Why?"

"I've seen him before but didn't know who he was," she said.

"How is that possible? He died back in 1975," Kyle said.

"He was in my nightmare. He didn't do anything, really, he just stood there and looked. He was in black-and-white just like on the TV and it was just, I don't know, weird," she said.

"Interesting," Kyle said. "You're going to have to tell me about this dream someday.

Kyle got out of the bed and started for the door. "I'm going downstairs to get myself something to drink. Do you want anything? Coke? Water?"

"I'd like some water, please," she said.

After Kyle left the bedroom, Karen looked back at the black-and-white figure on their television. The man looked as though he was staring right back at her before he spoke.

"Meet Karen Anderson," he said, getting Karen's full attention. What the hell? "A smart, attractive wife and mother targeted for seduction by a slick-talking lothario with more conquests than Genghis Khan. She nearly ran her marriage and her life over a cliff in hopes of achieving the ultimate orgasm. Fortunately, she learned the grass is not always greener on the other side and made a U-turn just in time. But not before taking a precipitous detour into... the Cheating Zone."

He smiled, winked and took a drag off of his cigarette.

Fade to black...

12