All Comments on 'The Checkpoint'

by Merganser20

Sort by:
  • 17 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Quite plausible.

Definitely enjoyed the read. The story could be based on a number of actual events. The characters were realistic, sympathetic, and relatable. The story was well paced and respectable in length. A nice story of a time when people came to America and put their skills and talents out and not their hands. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
What a great story!

This was a very good story. Thank you for writing it.

Calibeachgirl

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Thank you!

One does not expect a story of bravery and caring on a porn site. What a lovely tale.

People caring about each other despite differences - such a neat concept. 5*s.

Crusader235Crusader235over 4 years ago
Surprised

Absolutely a beautiful story about war, and the people that are in it. Truly surprised that Hank never married, and I thought that little French nurse was his for the taking. Funny how life turns out. Five Stars!

PoesproppiePoesproppieover 4 years ago
Great story

This is the first non porn story I have read on here and I enjoyed it immensely as escapism. The title got me interested and away I was in fantasy land.

Thanks for writing. As a Military Historian of sorts, it's full of holes, but that is not the point. It entertained and was enjoyable at for that I Thank you.

PP

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfireabout 4 years ago

Excellent work and a great read. It was probably a bit too easy for them to come to America so soon after the war (it took a friend and his family 12 years to get approval to emigrate from Germany to the US), but you never know.

Thanks for writing and sharing this tale.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
I hope you've kept writing

I genuinely felt for all characters here. Thank you for writing this and I hope you've continued to hone your craft...I'm excited to see what you write next.

Be well

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

It was beautiful. Thank you

johsunjohsunover 3 years ago

Good story. just a bit weepy at the end, Only a few details struck me. Should have been Magazines not Clips. I guess the Germans were using their Assault rifles rather than the 98 Mauser. Oh, the standard uniform for the Germans was Grey, 'Field Grey' or as they would say, Feltgrau, not dark green.

But a good read over all. I like it.

frednewfredfrednewfredover 3 years ago
I am just another rural dumbass.

The ranch was given to a conservation group and never saw cattle again and was managed by some greenie from California. How sad some young man like Hank did not get a chance to operate it and save it for future ranchers. I heard it all burned off again last year. It was a good story you built up Hank but could not help saying rural people are not capable. I am sorry its just a hot button for me.

chytownchytownover 3 years ago
Fine Bit Of Storytelling*****

Very entertaining read. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Great story

Enjoyed the read. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Excellent read!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Magnificent.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Absolutely riveting story. And I’ll admit to tears in my eyes finishing it.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

There may be victors in a war, alas, there are no winners, but all are losers.

Thank you

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMerganser20@Merganser20
I don't usually reply but I do read all the comments and appreciate the insightful critiques.