All Comments on 'The Chocolate Palomino'

by ronde

Sort by:
  • 26 Comments
Ravey19Ravey192 months ago

Another excellent story of post civil war USA.

hindsight2020hindsight20202 months ago

Story went off the rails early.

Did not like either of the first two characters introduced. The third was just dull.

6King6King2 months ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐

edthedjedthedj2 months ago

Cracking story, 5*'s everyday of the week

WantingToWriteGoodWantingToWriteGood2 months ago

Wonderful story. Well written and entertaining.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Good story!! Sometimes I wish I was a farmer but all I know is being a city boy. Most of the farmers I know have other jobs to pay for their farms

SlithyToveSlithyTove2 months ago

Marvelous, as usual.

lAnatomistelAnatomiste2 months ago

I don't care for the Old West genre - but your characters are always 5-stars.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Ronde never disappoints. You have become one of my all time favorites on this site. Always enjoy your stories. Thank you! 5*

Tx77TumbleweedTx77Tumbleweed2 months ago

This another solid story with interesting and enjoyable main characters. Thanks and for me this is definite 5.

WilCox49WilCox492 months ago

Wonderful. Again. Thank you!

.

(And somehow I seem to be caught up, for a moment! You write faster than I can read, though.)

.

(To Anonymous of earlier today: I've known quite a few farmers (including relatives), and while it's not quite always that way, you're right: many, maybe most, farmers today have a full-time job and farm on the side.)

A_BierceA_Bierce2 months ago

A perfect Hill Country adventure/romance.

Davester37Davester372 months ago

I really enjoy your historical stories. You have an angle on reconstruction that you won’t read in many history books. As always, thank you for writing and thank you for sharing your work. I appreciate it!

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy2 months ago

Thanks for your historical romance. Very well researched! There were quite a few towns in Texas established by German freethinkers.

5

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc2 months ago

Really well done. I hope it’s copyrighted because this one would make an excellent movie. 4.9*

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Well researched, well told. Always delighted to find a new ronde story! Good description of Kerrville. A place I'd considered making home at one time. 5*

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Thank you for the excellent entertainment.

Obviously American history is one of your passions. Put that with a natural story telling ability and an understanding of human character traits and the result is the joy you bring.

The Hoary Cleric

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShit2 months ago

A little slow, but a good, well written story.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

I'm really impressed by the reference to the DA Starr revolver!!! I imagine Louis L'amore would be impressed with your story. I wholeheartedly agree with Demosthenes384bc that you should shop this to a film producer.

THANK YOU for a rip-roaring tale!!

May you be Well and Happy,

Paul

Flar1958Flar19582 months ago

Dolan or Dalton? Nice story like most.

beanburner69beanburner692 months ago

I like western stories. Well written.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

As usual, your stories are well written and move along with good history wrapped within. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Did not like the characters at all.

1 Star!!!!

Crusader235Crusader235about 2 months ago

Great Western saga. I'm really liking your wild west stories, five stars. Thank you for it.

BulldogfortyfourBulldogfortyfourabout 1 month ago

Great western story. It was quite an enjoyable read !

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

heydog52heydog52about 1 month ago

That there was some fine writing pardner....5💥💥💥💥💥

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userronde@ronde
Women tend to be the central characters in my stories, because I find their complex personalities to be fascinating. My stories come from my life experiences or the thoughts inspired by people I have met. I am an avid fan of history and especially the history of the America...