All Comments on 'The Choices We Make'

by UltimateSin

Sort by:
  • 166 Comments
SemperSolus0198SemperSolus01989 months ago

If a person marries you, then asks for an 'open marriage' chances are good that they have been cheating on you the whole time you've been married. Cut then from your life like the cancer that they are, they never loved you or respected you enough to stay faithful.

6King6King9 months ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

francemanfranceman9 months ago

In these stories, the argument is always about need and desire.

But need and desire are two completely different things.

TajfaTajfa9 months ago

Well written but it was a bit long. 4 stars

jamesapplejamesapple9 months ago

I very much enjoyed this. You somehow made Louise into a sympathetic character. I wouldn't mind a follow up to this story.

ArediaAredia9 months ago

Good story - thanks. :) It was one of the best I've read in this genre - not my favourite, TBH, but you're on the list of folks I'll read even if just to see your take on it.

goodshoes2goodshoes29 months ago

I gave you 5 stars for the well written story, but I really want to give 2 stars because this happened to me, and the hurt lingered a long time till I met my present wife (of 37 years).

So, it remains 5 stars. I have read the rest of your stories over time and have enjoyed them all. Maybe that is why I gave you the 5 star rating.

jkthekatjkthekat9 months ago

Heavy read! *****

Regguy69Regguy699 months ago

When a wife of many years asks for an open marriage what she is really saying Is: "I'm bored with you and want some excitement, but eventually I will get bored with that, so I want to keep you as my fall-back plan." It's a win-win for her. It takes about 2 minutes for a female to find a guy willing to fuck her, so she will have no trouble getting her feet in the air as often as she wishes. Unless she happens to run across a new love, she'll just fuck until she's had her fill then she'll tell hubby she wants to settle down and "grow old together." It's a way better plan than cheating or even divorce. Have fun and keep your hubby in your back pocket for when you need him again - brilliant! ** IF hubby is stupid enough to agree.** "Open Marriage" is just another name for pre-divorce.

oldpantythiefoldpantythief9 months ago

With a friend like Janet you don't need any enemies. Should have sold her to some slave traders so she could get all the dick she wanted. As for Louise, it was just her inner slut wanting to get out. I'm betting that if Mark hadn't agreed, she would have gone behind his back and cheated on him while her 'friends' cheered her on.

Wasn't sure I wanted to continue reading the story when Mark agreed to the proposition, but glad I did.

My father-in-law divorced my MIL for a another woman, way, way after the kids were out and about. My MIL was so consumed with hate for her ex that we finally had to put our foot down and tell her not to go on about him during our visits. The hate made her an old woman before her time. I think it helped put her in her grave.

FireFox59FireFox599 months ago

Good story even though I found it very distasteful. The idea that people like Louise and her friends walk the earth disturbs me. All I can think of is taking Louise on a trip to visit my cousins living in the bayou and taking her on a one way trip into the swamp. I'm sure that idea will disturb a few here but that's exactly what Louise and her friends deserve.

Nasty56Nasty569 months ago

What a great take on the open marriage lunacy. The best revenge is a life well lived! Bravo again!

EricaDoesNowEricaDoesNow9 months ago

Very sad, but well written. AND, very much on point.

deependerdeepender9 months ago

"You really think it won't blow up in my face?"

.

Hmmm... So many of these "cheating wife" story are actually "stupid person" stories. Foreshadowing on the above level is to be strictly avoided. The reader must be either lulled into being as stupid as the wife or encouraged to be curious enough to see what happens. Announcing what's going to happen obviates both.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Brilliant. 5*. Nothing new but it gets the message across.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

that stupid woman has some balls thinking she has nay high ground in the dating market when she's just another slut

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Not a bad story except …… did the extension on the house magically appear overnight or in the couple of days when she didn’t go home. Council approvals take for fucking ever and no builder ever birthed worked that quick.

ReadyOneReadyOne9 months ago

After her request, I'd be in a lawyer's office doing paperwork for an estrangement, ending in a divorce when the boy is 18.

She goes out with the girls and gets served.

sem999sem9999 months ago

I gave this story 5 stars .

Does 4 girls 21-28 years old was to much ,other then that very good story .

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

what a STUPID slut

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

A masterful depiction of a consummate train wreck. Louise gets hers in the most delightful fashion, victory is Mark's and the bonus is that Louise's odious gets hers as well! Five very bright stars!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I read a study that divorce rate in open marriages was almost 100%

Frankly even mentioning it means the person wants to leave the marriage.

WargamerWargamer9 months ago

Well you did warn warn us that you were going to dip your toes into the Loving Wives universe. I’m one those readers in that universe that give Cuck lovers a hard time and l do enjoy a good BTB now and again. But l’ve always been a fan of yours. Don’t like some of your stories but the ones l like, and there’s a lot, l like a lot.

Your handle on incest stories I’d unique.

I liked this story, it engaged me nice and early and kept my interest in seeing it through.

And, lm glad l did.

Your writing style is comfortable and relaxed your good stories very good.

Please write other LW stories, the angst of cheating wives always strikes a chord with a lot of us, plus we do like to see the cheater spin on the gibbert on the breeze of rancor and eventual punishment.

So, more please and every success in your endeavours.

Scores 5/5, well done!!!!!

skruff101skruff1019 months ago

You only need two things for a LW story, one spouse (I make no distinction between husband or wife) has to be delusional the other has to be a moron. That’s it, that’s all it takes, pile on a few cliches and viola LW101.

And the tired old ‘Staying for the kids’ is only designed to add a few more angst ridden pages to the mix.

But hey it’s all just fantasy isn’t it, we all know in the real world divorce would have been a given on page one.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Appreciate the effort and the quality of writing, but felt like this could have been at least a third shorter. Despite the length you never really managed to provide any real depth to the main characters.

SeeingEyeSeeingEye9 months ago

Enjoyed it, though some parts were a bit absurd. He built an addition on the house, and she didn’t notice? The author has obviously never built an addition - weeks of trucks, construction materials… a normal person does not stay oblivious 24/7 for months and months, to their kids either. I liked the story, but would have liked it more if it didn’t strain credulity.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Although I gave you 5 stars, the son forgiving his mom so easily and quickly felt wrong. Louise's statement about her daughter thinking it was all her fault, felt like she saw it as an opinion rather than the FACT that it was! I don't think she really learned anything of consequence at least in time to effect her life in any meaningful way. Forgiveness also seemed to be given out when in situations of a person doing such heinous acts should require earning said forgiveness, she basically abandoned her kids for several months while jumping right into performing such disgusting acts of debauchery....... also having him participate in the debauchery well just because someone else is a lying, cheating, adulterer doesn't make it any less disgusting and wrong, nor keep it from tarnishing your virtues.

Rayjag1980Rayjag19809 months ago

1* as this is so ridiculous of a story. Literally couldn't make it pass the husband being adamant and walking out on wife at the suggestion of an "open" marriage, only to capitulate a day later. I checked the author's bio, most stories like this come from European men, don't know why, but bio doesn't mention where author's from.

To do such a 180 from no way in hell to you're going to do it anyways so here are the rules is facetious and unrealistic. No real man would acquiesce to that demand, especially in 1 day.

Get some reality into your stories please.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

"I Love you, Mark," I whispered, resting my head against his firm chest, "I never stopped loving you. Not for a second."

THAT'S bullshit.

Conniving cunt would have been kicked to the curb Christmas morning.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

That was done as well as any author has done!

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Pages back Louise saw the breakup coming, her husband told her of wanting a divorce, BUT SHE KEPT AT IT! Never stopping but increasing. Maybe things would have been different if at SOME POINT she just stopped. Looks like it never entered her mind.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

"Staying together for the sake of the kids until they're 18" is the second-worst trope in LW stories (after alienation of affection lawsuits).

Kids are far better off with divorced parents, then they are living in a household filled with bitterness, resentment, and contempt.

kencorokencoro9 months ago

"Tom had been a genuine kind-hearted man"

lololololol

BigBlueKatBigBlueKat9 months ago

Good story, but divorced and remaining friends just doesn’t work in my world. 3*

KirkelKirkel9 months ago

A 5 and faved

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper69899 months ago

I enjoyed the read, it was well done. The story carried a strong message regarding an open marriage. I can't imagine an open anything being alright, but still each to thier own.

DaddyWarBucksDaddyWarBucks9 months ago

Total absurd story, if it were to happen in the States. The first time he refused to submit the self centered creature would have explained how things were going to be. "Either do it my way, or you will be living under the highway in a cardboard box." If you don't think she could do that, look at some facts. Father ordered to pay $20,000 a MONTH for the support of one two year old child, in a state where the median household income is $69,000 a YEAR. Just check the Hunter Biden case.

GamblnluckGamblnluck9 months ago

I enjoyed the story. I'm not sure I could have stayed friends with the ex, but then again he was just being nice. He'd long since got over any love for her.

I was most surprised by Emily. She allowed him to have serial girlfriends to get it out of his system. I'm not sure he needed that but it did round out the story.

MattblackUKMattblackUK9 months ago

The Loving Wives version of that classic game, "Fuck around and find out."

A 5* story. Maybe he should have pulled the plug earlier but YMMV.

Big_Tim99Big_Tim999 months ago

Can people be friends after divorce? Yes if both realize that they shouldn't have married in the first place. After this situation, not likely.

juanviejojuanviejo9 months ago

You always seem to tell a good tale and I hank you for sharing a fine talent...CINCO ESTRELLAS!

juanviejojuanviejo9 months ago

OOPS! THANK YOU NOT HANK YOU!

Just_WordsJust_Words9 months ago

Good story, but I'm struck by how many chances she had to stop her behavior and didn't. It's like she shot herself in the foot and then reloaded and fired again.

AmberSolisAmberSolis9 months ago

An awesome story that did justice to both protagonists. Superbly well written and well told. 5 stars and favorited!

irinmikeirinmike9 months ago

Enjoyable read, and the story flowed well. However, there were things that just did not ring true. First of all if the heroine Louise slept and lived with Mark, her husband for twenty odd years, she would know exactly how he would react when she asked him to open their marriage and give his permission for her to sleep around. Come on now, would Louise believe her friends and actually thing that after he flew off the handle at her request to fuck around, that he would settle down and agree. Twenty years is quite a commitment in itself, and Louise would know that Mark would never go along with such a farce. Second, Louise was pictured as the faithful wife who could be counted on and loved her two children. So even if Mark reluctantly gave his permission for an occasional tryst involving his wife, she would not start fucking every man in her work office! Furthermore, she would not slide into a routine where she was away from her home to fuck and shack up with her lotharios not only on weekends, but also a couple of evenings each week. As I said originally, the story was good to read, but the examples given about her need to get some "strange" went way overboard. As far as Mark is concerned I could buy most of his reaction except for the part near the end where he suddenly acquired FOUR young lovers. Emily, his second love, might have been willing to wait for him to get past his initial marriage with Louise, but no woman is going to turn her head while she is supporting her man in Mark, while he prances in and out of four young ladies bedrooms! Again good story that I rated highly, but no need to go so far overboard to prove the author's points.

Chimo1961Chimo19619 months ago

5 for this roller coaster of a tale

inka2222inka22229 months ago

This is so disappointing. You wrote what could easily have been a 4 and maybe 5 star story, then ruined the mood completely with the whole "oh we are now going to be friends with the thoughtless, hurtful, selfish disgusting shithead". She didn't deserve their (especially MC's) friendship and he didn't need her garbage drama in his life, outside of absolutely-required-coparent-role things, and nobody should be friends with backstabbing assholes. Let's not mention that he set her up for life in a divorce, despite having had 2 years to hide assets, spend lavishly on himself (instead of on her house that he gave her in a divorce). 3 stars.

MormonJackMormonJack9 months ago

Wow! Very well done. Thank you! 5 stars!

Moonbat74Moonbat749 months ago

Well written version of a common LW story, again though don't see any kind of reconciliation with the ex being possible given the betrayal. Also, don't see this whole scenario playing out in real life nearly as commonly as in Loving Wives!

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal19699 months ago

should be in the non-erotic category

largely well written, sad and tragic tale about a selfish wife that ruins a marriage over getting some strange.

would rather not read stories like this to be honest.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

A well written enjoyable story.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

What can I say? I like the writing ability of the author, but not the story!

The author is obviously a talented writer, who certainly possesses a knack for telling a story, but I personally feel contempt and loathing for much of the MC's approach and responses (and therefore, also presumably the author's philosophy) to the situation in which he found himself.

Though some may disagree with me, I can't possibly give it anything better than a 'Dislike' rating.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Thanks for sharing....

That’s about right! I think you nailed it! We all end with nothing & yet there are so many options:)

offkilter123offkilter1239 months ago

This is the type of story that makes me want to take a hammer to my iPad. The husband stays in a toxic, dysfunctional marriage “for the children” when what he is actually doing is modeling the worst example of what a husband and father should be. Rather than two happy homes, the author has them maintain one miserable household. JFC…

maydecmaydec9 months ago

You address the elephant in the room about "open marriages" dead on and that is, it's very easy for a woman to find a willing partner and much more difficult for a man. How you dealt with this situation by going "Grey Rock" was terrific and how Mark then soley focused on the kids in order to blunt any funny business in family court was a great strategy. Great story with a great coping strategy for all us out there faced with this very real possibility.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Not my favorite of yours, but well done. The switching characters wasn’t my favorite, especially once we knew she was cheating. Give me more of Mark and his journey, maybe why Emily was so insistent on his playing the field.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Regguy69 absolutely nailed the description of Louise and her type…male or female.

.

“Open marriages” are not marriages. They are loose arrangements between individuals who can’t honor commitments. That said, this was a well written description of the phenomenon — albeit it was hard to accept how forgiving Mark or even Emily were.

.

4 ****

BlueEyd2BlueEyd29 months ago

I truly hate the premise of a couple staying together 'for the children'. Here is a prime example of a loveless, almost hostile environment that creates such a horrific example of family life for the children being raised in it.

When she started traveling for weeks at a time, he could have fought for custody of the kids using abandonment as an reason.

And why the frick did he agree to her wanting lovers? What did he gain by agreeing? All he did was allow her to do what she wanted with less or no guilt. I thought that was absurd and idiotic.

Then after one talk, they become almost friends? Seriously? Why? Her total lack of respect and betrayal lay the groundwork for a friendship?

Lastly, why do men always end up leaving the master bedroom. I would have thrown her out of the bedroom.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Very well done. 5*s

nixroxnixrox9 months ago

4 stars - I liked most of this story BUT there was an undertone that the whole thing was a facade. That Louise was going to wake up from a horrible nightmare, while clutching Mark in a death grip, fearful he might just disappear like some ghost.

The character Emily was just too unbelievable to be acceptable. I was very tempted to stop reading this story when Louise made her open relationship pitch - I realized it was going to end their relationship one way or another.

Too bad that real life is just not like a fairy tale. In real life, shit happens then we die.

FlynnTaggartFlynnTaggart9 months ago

5 stars, enjoyable. Not really a fan of staying together for kids IRL but makes for interesting reads. Glad this didn't turn into a reconciliation story, the ex-wife didn't deserve it. admit I'm a little happy she didn't get her happy ending. Was a little worried it was either going to be a RAAC story or Emily would wind up being fridged.

oldtwitoldtwit9 months ago

If I really wanted I could go back and find a couple of mistakes, but hell it's much too good a story to pick a few nits out of it.

I think you really nailed this, such good descriptions of every aspect , just brilliant.

Rocky62Rocky629 months ago

Enjoyable outcome for our wronged husband

bobareenobobareeno9 months ago

I liked the story, though it dragged a good bit. 4 stars.

boneham21boneham219 months ago

Just about standard procedure for these marriages. Seen it many times , most all of them end in disaster. Wife turned out to be a real POS. Good story!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Nobody wins

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

What stupid, miserable excuse for human being is slut Louise, the children and Mark are total morons for letting the creature back into their lives, I would have killed the bitch plenty of opportunities during her slutting around, could take the slut friends out as well, one of the dangers when u are a slut, u don’t know who u are with

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

When I came to the end of the 1st page and saw there were six more. I gave up. From the other comments, it's apparent that my presumption that this this was a padded story that needed at best half this pages that were typed was spot on.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Hmm. Exceptionally good writing style, five stars for that. OTH, exceptionally bad story line. I couldn't relate to any of the decisions made nor the thoughts and acts of the characters. Many parts seemed extremely illogical to me. E.g., not only that the husband changed from NO WAY to acceptance over night, wife is not even taking notice of the addition to the house? Ridiculous. The timeline seemed vague or even broken at several points, and other things seemed put together without any thoughts to consistence by the author. Sorry, I just can't understand this degree of neglect to story planning, when someone ist so good with his writing style.

silentsoundsilentsound9 months ago

Well. This was a well written old whore story. There's really no whore quite like an old whore.

Extreme retardation turning an aging woman into a pathetic cum dump slut.

I honestly think there would have been more repercussions with her taking hits to her reputation both personal and professional.

Entertaining nonetheless.

Harryin VAHarryin VA9 months ago

It's a real refreshing thing to see the husband stay the course and lose his character and loses mind simply because the ex-wife shows up one day flashing her pussy. That thing said some of the conversation it's just irrational nonsensical crap.

.

For example this gem..."I'd give everything up to have things like they were.". You mean when you were BORED?

.

How does one regret what they've done....And at the same time, say they want to repeat the action which led to the problem.?

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I like how she is portrayed as delusional to the end. I guess it takes that kind of character to do what she did. To claim moral superiority to John is just hilarious. In their clarifying talk Mark and Louise established that she knew all along that an open marriage was never meant to be fair. She knew he wouldn't get the same benefit as she. She knew it would hurt Mark. She knew he would sit at home and care for the children while she had fun. She knew it would destroy her marriage. She counted on him not filing for divorce. She counted on him not telling the children so she could slut around with impunity. And she did it anyway. She saw how her family was affected. She saw how her children suffered. She saw she would need to cut back in order to repair her family. But still she continued. And even when she realized she needed to spend more time with her children she chose to travel the world with her lover. The only person to benefit there was Louise. She did all this for herself and put her fun above the feelings of everyone else. How selfish can you be? In how much contempt do you need to hold your husband to follow through with everything and never stop? To leave your children scarred for life? And then tell John he is human trash? She herself never cared whether her Tinder dates were married. She just wanted to fuck, probably breaking some relationships in the process. She is no better than John. Maybe they should compare damage scores and broken up familys, starting with their own.

I don't get the kind of reconciliation at the end. She never properly apologized. Since she never stopped her ways it wouldn't be believable anyway. She never took responsibilty for her actions. She never tried to make amends with her daughter. She never went out of her way to repair the damage she inflicted. I guess Mark and Emily forgave her just to let go of the anger, not because she deserved it. She even claims she never stopped loving Mark. But what she did isn't compatible with any definition of love that I would agree on. If that is still love then love doesn't really mean much. She's not really remorseful. Sad over what she's lost, yes, but not remorseful. Never saying it was wrong. The only concession she made was that her approach was wrong, not that her actions themselves were wrong. She never really tried to repair her relationship with her daughter. More like, it's hopeless anyway so why try?

All in all you showed a pretty damnable woman here. Hard to feel any sympathy. But the writing was very good. And the good guys got their happy ending :D

L.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Good story. The wife went completely nuts all at once, that, and the husband's response, were kind of unbelievable. Just can't believe things like that could happen that way. Thought it was a little cruel to keep the possibility of reconciliation up-in-the-air with the kids. I'd imagine it's better to just rip that band-aid off, rather than draw it out for years. Still gave you 5 stars; it's a good story and quite entertaining.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Great story about marriage, life, expectations, and “friends'” advice. We always want things that we don't have, and forget to value properly the things that we know possess. Thank for the story. A very civilized and mature breakup. Almost the ideal breakup. It would be great if all marriage ended this way.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

OP is stuck on the phrase "headed to" or "head off" and other variations of "head." It's tragic that a decent writer falls into a pitiful word rut and essentially squanders the versatility and descriptive beauty of the English language. I'd suggest trying any of the other 33 words I came with up in less that 30 seconds using a simple Internet search.

.

Apart from that very common flaw, this is one of the best stories on this subject I've read here or elsewhere. Easily rates a solid five stars.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

A long story and Louise shouldn't have gotten off so easily...

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

A strange tale, so full of nonsense. Almost all of the characters were immature brainless idiots. Certainly the worst was the whore wife, but also the cuck husband that ACCEPTED that so smart "modern lifestyle", actively contributed to the destruction of their family. He was also a cheater, and even worse, was bringing home his sex friends in front of his children. What a good example for their children, a couple of narcissistic immature and selfish idiots.

The only positive thing in this awful tale, is that it shows all the wrong things not to do in a marriage, especially with children. But, not one single right thing to do, in these situations.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

An awful tale filled with distasteful people. Totally dislikable.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

This is an unbelievable female POV tale. The husband should have simply answered NO ! And then, did whatever he'd like. But he answered OK. So, that was the maximum expression of a completely irresponsible and selfish couple, that BOTH destroyed their marriage and their family, compromising also the life of their children. Yes, it all ended like an unbelievable fairytale, but these kind of blind, idiotic behaviours can lead to much more devastant consequences.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Well written overall but the foundation of the conclusion is based on her showing her love for her husband. The only choice was to step away from the choice she forced on her husband. Without that as a clear step (oh, yeah, her step was to fall in love with another man). It's the author's choice how to treat the conflict presented but the words on these pages did not warrant his decency and openness to this 'unloving' wife.

CaptainbklCaptainbkl9 months ago

Good writing. Ok story.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Louise is equal parts reprehensible and stupid. So little respect for her marriage and husband. Sooo stupid to take the thoughts and desires of people outside the marriage over the vows she made. Mark should have made her choices and the repercussions of those choices abundantly clear for the rest of her life. I can't imagine how he could stand to be in the same room as her without feeling rage for her treatment of the family.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

The about-to-turn-40 Martian Slut Ray business is a bit overused, but after that, it was a rather interesting story.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I read these stories to keep a weak mind. Are there lame brains out there?

LOVE slap-hapy-papy #9

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Well written tale that kept me reading, but my interest started to wane when it became obvious that Louise was going to be forgiven and basically welcomed back to the family, if a bit different than the marriage. This old trope has been written before but lacks credibility in my book. The complete and utter disrespect she showed her husband AND her kids and literally becoming a tramp with no regard for her "family" doesn't leave any room for forgiveness or a come back and be friends situation. Story didn't have to become a BTB to be well received as many of those go way too far but the kumbaya of "now we are all friends" just doesn't ring true or realistic. Potential 5 falls to a 3

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

This was an interesting take on the stay for the kids plot and I mostly enjoyed it. Unfortunately, the Emily bit fell flat on its face in my opinion.

If she was sleeping around while waiting just like Mark was, then basically they were in exactly the same open relationship that Mark and Louise had, fucking anybody they wanted other than each other.

If she was remaining celibate, why would she want him out fucking around? Besides, if she's willing to wait for him, wouldn't the proper thing be for him to wait for her? She runs the risk of him either deciding he likes the lifestyle and/or deciding to start something long term with somebody willing to take a post-dated divorce check. From the way the story is written he's quite the catch and surely Emily wouldn't be the only one tossing their hat in the ring.

Besides, you made it clear that he wanted a committed one-to-one relationship. When he cut Louise off cold turkey, he made it perfectly clear that he was more distraught over losing a loving wife than losing Louise specifically. So, as illogical as Emily's plan was, it was even less in character for him to go along with it. As written, he would have pushed for a committed relationship with Emily. If she refused, he would have left her in the same friend zone she put him in and went out looking for somebody who was ready to be a faithful partner, rather than picking up a bunch of fuck buddies to kill time.

It's still a decent story, but far less than it could have been. It also would have been quite a bit shorter, so this is a case where less would have been more!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Very sad story. Obviously, the wife is very selfish and naive. She ultimately understands the consequences of her choice, but it's too late. I'm a forgiving person and I like that her husband was able to forgive. I'm also the type that accept that when the relationship ends it ends and there is no going back. The end was likely not totally realistic, but it made me feel good, so that's acceptable to me.

Kurmugin

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

This story was done over and over an over again, but this one was the worse of the lot. Total shit. Mark didn't to divorce because he did not want to lose the kids and be a part time dad. Well, Louise was away from the house for at least 2 months at one particular time and hadn't been home hardly at all for a year, Mark could have sued for divorce and cited abandonment and get custody of his kids. Also, the children were old enough to request the parent that they wished to live with.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I really enjoyed that. I gave 5 full stars too. I'm not big into open marriages, and don't know how they work, as I've only been married to my beautiful wife for 43+ years now, and we're still together with all of the things that have happened in our lives. That includes raising 2 children, multiple moves before finally settling down for the last 30 plus years. Granted we don't have "Tom's" money, we've been happy together, and didn't let it bother us. And, we did something everyone says you shouldn't do, and that was marry young. We were both 19 when we got married.

The story itself was like a roller coaster in that it seemed to go from highs to lows to everything in between. She got laid first, then kept going back for more, then it was a case of remodeling the house, then him getting out for some action at Emily's insistence and Zara's agreement that he should get out more often and find some women to take care of him and his needs. Once she found out her idea of getting back together was flawed, and she kind of accepted that yes they were going to divorce, as there was no coming back from her deeds and disrespect. Even Tom couldn't believe she did that to her husband, as he told her that Mark would probably divorce her for how she set up their "open marriage", by forcing it on him. What she didn't know was they were supposed to discuss it first, then talk it all out before hand, and agreeing on it before doing it, something her friend Janet never mentioned. I liked hearing that Janet's husband divorced her, as it took some of the wind out of Louise's sails, and made her think about what she did. What she really needed was someone like Tom to explain to her what she really wanted, and how to go about getting that, versus the way she did go about it (the forced disrespectful way). I also liked it when Louise met Cindy at their house, and she was jealous of Mark's little young hottie, not understanding that he could get younger girls of his own if he wanted to.

I still don't understand open relationships, but I did enjoy the story and thought it was well written and a different take on the "we need to talk" theme. At least both sets of parents (theirs) understood that what was going on in the home was "Louise's issue", and not Mark's "cheating". It didn't just effect Mark and Louise like she thought it would, but the entire family, both sets of parents and the children at home. I'm just glad they were able to put it behind them, and come out as friends after the divorce.

To those that say that could never happen, they're wrong. I know several couples who were divorced and they stayed friendly to their ex's. It does happen.

peter4870peter48709 months ago

A really good tale; a real roller coaster of emotions. I agree that four "friends" for Mark suddenly on the scene, was hard to swallow.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I honestly can’t believe any man would put up with THAT much bullshit for any reason. I fought for and got my kids in the divorce. House too. And yes, in America. My father once told me “if your spouse tells you they want to fuck someone else, they probably already are. A well crafted tale, but the premise… I can’t get behind. DMW aka Sumnut

HelgamiteHelgamite9 months ago

@Inka222 this story was heartwarming. Mark forgave Louise, this is what it means to forgive people, to move on without hate, anger and even love. He kept it friendly mostly due to the children, this was a real man, in pain then moved on and found love again. He kept himself for his kids and made sure they were happy as can be.

@UltimateSin this was an extremely heartwarming and loving story. I've read a lot of your stories and DAMN your getting better by the story!!

Definite 5/5 for this!

Anonymous1956Anonymous19569 months ago

Well written . Feels realistic and a good example of the problems and open marriage can create. 5 Stars for me.

SexecutionerSexecutioner9 months ago

The whole "being friends" after that level of betrayal is totally unrealistic. Unless you're a simp. And in typical fashion here the slut really doesn't lose anything in this. Sure the cream pie connoisseurs will say she lost his love. But if she can disrespect him like this, then she didn't love him. No she wanted her cake and to eat it too.

A story to give the beta bitches the feels, but the ending was a joke, a bad one...

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

About 5 pages too long for such an over-the-top trope - nothing meaningful to the story happened in most of those words. Largely well-written, but dragged way too far out both in length and absurdity. In a shorter form it may have been a fun read. I happily suspend disbelief in reading fiction, but I prefer at least some attachment to reality. This was, again, over-the-top.

Mac_LapuMac_Lapu9 months ago

This was a hard story to read.

It took me days to finish it.

And I almost gave up when Mark got soft and cuddled Louise in bed.

But all did end well for Mark though.

/

The story was well written. The characters flowed well wth a slight exception of Mark. I didn't like him staying for the kids although I do understand it was all he can do. I didn't like Emily too. Maybe because she encouraged Mark to go get some sex too. All that the sex both Mark and Louise had made me really sick that is why I couldn't finish the story in one read. Emily could have just gave Mark some love and sex while helping with the kids -- a true wife but not on paper. At least it would have been a slap on Louise's face. And Mark bringing his girlfriends to his house -- with the kids?! Sick. Just sick. I bet the children will have trouble wit the marriages too. Their parents were stupid lousy parent-models.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

When I rate a story, I do not use "4 or 5 out of five.' If I like it, 4, if Average, 3 , if I Love it, then 5. I liked this story, so four stars.

JPB

LenardSpencerLenardSpencer9 months ago

Thank you for the enjoyment of reading your story. A very realistic, if a tad unbelievable, tale. Emily was a bit unrealistic. Mark accepting Louise's proposed Open Marriage was also a stretch to believe. The kids weren't children: they could have coped with divorce. Instead, Mark ends up exactly as Louise's slut friends suggested: staying home and looking after the kids while she spent her time out "socialising". Why didn't HE go out, making her stay and look after the kids? But anyway, still a good read. Cheers.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

5 stars, I great read. Thanks for the entertainment.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userUltimateSin@UltimateSin
Been over six months since I've updated this and thought I should let people know what I'm up to. Stories to come: Abyss. Single chapter. Incest. Apex. Multiple chapters. Multiple categories (starting in Incest). CURRENTLY WRITING AND MAIN FOCUS FOR NOW. Blind Date. Multip...

SIMILAR Stories