All Comments on 'The Choosing Ch. 06'

by darcysweet

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
canndcanndalmost 14 years ago

First, I am glad to see you are still writing. The last few stories I read ended unfinished. I hate that! So you better finish this ;)

I really like what you did in this chapter with the Council. I am intrigued by 'the Mother.' I like her and her take no crap attitude. I really liked the dream sequence with Nadar. I liked how he said he wants to know her admitting he doesn't know her at all. I think they will be good for each other because they are both so alone. Him being unaccepted because of his mixed background and her as the 'vessel.' You do a great job of showing how alone she is and just how much she is a thing or a means to an end to people. I feel badly for her. It was particularly sad when she thought she was wrong and that Hatha was really a friend and then hatha proved once again that she is merely doing a job. I can't wait to see what she learns from the mother and what will happen next time she meets Nadar in a dream. I hope he can come to her in real life soon. He wouldn't be any more accepted (maybe even less so) among the Sarran as he is with the Masters but maybe they can give enough acceptance and caring to each other to make up for it.

alexatron1alexatron1over 13 years ago
Speechless

It took me a whole 5 minutes to figure out what to title this comment so I have even more respect for your skill/TTTTAAALLLLEEENNNT. Your words and expressions flow so freely. Your characters are so easy to relate to and you draw me into the story. I read cannd's comment about Talia "I feel for her" and I snickered a little thinking how can she feel for her shes just a character in a story?. But then I realized I was doing the same thing because I cant stop reading I need to make sure shes ok and that this ends well for her or Ill be sad. .... DAMN youre good!!! ..

and Thank you for writing :)

lusherlusherabout 13 years ago
this story is so much deeper than I first suspected

I love how you've complicated this so far beyond your original conception. Talia is a wonderful, enigmatic character and the vulnerability you've given her in this chapter only deepens her appeal. I can't wait until she finds her power, and is truly loved. Hats off.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous