All Comments on 'The Christmas Shoes'

by jmmj5

Sort by:
  • 30 Comments
SouthPacificSouthPacificover 4 years ago
Never heard of the song...maybe it's only played on radio in the USA?

...but that really doesn't matter. Fantastic story, and the girl gets the guy in the end. What more could you ask for in a romance?

bigbob2406bigbob2406over 4 years ago

Lovely story. Thank you very much.

RTR10RTR10over 4 years ago

I actually had to stop reading & come back to it a few hours later because I was crying so hard. Incredible story.

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionover 4 years ago
Thank you

A very nice story for the holidays.

Freddog6601Freddog6601over 4 years ago
Quite enjoyable story

Very nice feel good story well written.

Bebop3Bebop3over 4 years ago
Very Sweet Story

I look forward to your next.

laptopwriterlaptopwriterover 4 years ago
You know I'm going to read an author who plugs one of my stories.

This was excellent. Well written, well thought out, and well defined characters. Thanks for a great read.

dauberdauberover 4 years ago
Thank you for this heartwarming story

A very good read. Solid characters and story.

firemanlitfiremanlitover 4 years ago

That warmed the cockles of my heart. Good job.

etchiboyetchiboyover 4 years ago
Never explained why Janet would want to rape Daniel financially in the divorce.

I mean, she was marrying "into" money. Why try, literally, to ruin him. It didn't seem like she hated him, just wanted to get rid of him. Easiest way to get rid of him was to say, "Here. Take the kid. Take the money. C-ya! Oh, and sign the papers." Instead, she takes the business, including his tools of his trade. Literally ruining him. Why?

She's getting rid of the loser, and marrying a winner (in her mind). Why did she have to "beat him" into a pulp?

WordcraftWordcraftover 4 years ago
BRAVO! OPA! MAZEL TOV! WELL DONE!

What a great story!

WordcraftWordcraftover 4 years ago
@ etchiboy

Why did she take him to the cleaners? Because she's a selfish, greedy, narcissistic, cold-hearted, mercenary bitch, and because she could.

tangledweedtangledweedover 4 years ago

Regarding question from etchiboy about Janet's settlement options:

When something happens in a story that may not make a lot of sense, you have to look at its impact on the story. The dire family financial situation was the reason for many of the major events of the story; the shoe scam introduction, the Nora/Silvia bonding over shopping, the conflict with Daniel's time and pride.

These plot devices move the story along, but how well they are incorporated into the logical course of events is a challenge to the writer. Janet's part of this story may have been the weakest part of a decent romance as the settlement offer not only made little sense, it would have been rejected by mediators or judges. Sometimes you just have to accept these little flaws and move on to enjoying the rest of the story.

MarkT63MarkT63about 4 years ago
Loved it!!!

5 stars all day long!!! This was an ultimate feel good story. Wish they could screw with Janet a little better...

NitpicNitpicover 3 years ago
Good

Good story,would have liked the restaurant blow up to cause Janet a lot of problems.

DazzyDDazzyDalmost 3 years ago

This is another 10!

TonyspencerTonyspenceralmost 3 years ago

Aww, that is such a sweet story. Love the characters you created.

markellymarkellyover 2 years ago

Damn.. I was stunned. I loved this story, all the characters had depth and I felt for every one of them. Thank you for putting this together and of course, for posting it.

I don’t say this often, but the biggest compliment I can give you is to tell you that I had to read this in one sitting, I just couldn’t put the damn thing down.

Merlin_the_MagicianMerlin_the_Magicianalmost 2 years ago

Another really good story. What else is there to,say?

clearcreekclearcreekalmost 2 years ago

One of the best. I got some sawdust in my eyes. 5+

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Silvia was Nora's daughter before she married Silvia's father They both thought the rose and set on each other. Janet is lucky she didn't push the issue too far, because Nora would scratch her eyes out protecting HER daughter.

NitpicNitpicalmost 2 years ago
Very

Very good story.Would have been nice for Janet to see that her ex husband had traded up,married some one richer than her husband and lived in a far nicer house.

inka2222inka2222almost 2 years ago

This is a great story overall but I'll join the others in whining that there was no punishment to the ex at all aside from possibly losing a client). She does not care about losing Silvia, anyway.

Ravey19Ravey19almost 2 years ago

Lovely story, second time of reading.

6King6Kingover 1 year ago

Nice! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

It is a big red flag for someone to do that, especially when it comes to children. The timeline of the story points that between the time they first met until they slept together 1 or at most 2 months have passed.

That does not seem at all healthy, but rather dangerous behaviour and you're romanticising that behaviour.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

As per the Anon who felt that the romance progressed too quickly, please keep the courtship to a minimum of two years in the future! 😉 This story was a nice way to assert the value of family in the context of a developing romance. Your writing efforts remain reliably strong…my only complaint is the frequency. Well, another complaint is that even with my declining memory, your stories are so vividly rendered that at the beginning of re-reading a story (second time for this one), I can remember the full story arc. Oh well, I’d still rather re-read some of your stories than new stories that are not so well written.

FlynnTaggartFlynnTaggart11 months ago

4. Good build up but a rushed ending I felt. I think this story could have used some more meat showing the romance and blending of families, maybe a bit of revenge or misfortune on the ex-wife just to make up for how evil she treated her family. Still, a great sweet story.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

5* great story. Except the end mentioning Janet and "her donation" was fucking unnecessary and so pointless!!!

Beardog325Beardog3253 months ago

I wasn’t sure what to expect when I started this story but it was a great read!! Thank you.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userjmmj5@jmmj5
With a few exceptions, I tend to write longer stories, but that’s just my nature, I think. I’m going to try to tighten that up in the future. I know that means fewer people will read them, but I know that going in. Also, I tend to write what I know. I’ve spent a lot of time i...

SIMILAR Stories