The Christmas Tale

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Once out of the room, I glanced around and everything actually looked in decent shape. However, I saw an odd light through the curtains and opened the front door to see what it was.

On stepping outside, I encountered another surprise. It wasn't nearly as dark as it should have been for the middle of the night in a snowstorm in December. In fact, there appeared to be a cone of light in the snow around the old house. I stood on the front steps so that I could see up past the porch roof. No, it wasn't Santa and his sleigh. Something was projecting a stream of light onto my old Victorian. At first, I thought it might be an aircraft, but the light didn't flash and didn't move. It was far too high up for a chopper. It tore through a small hole in the clouds perfectly aligned with the source and the house. WTF?

The screen door opened behind me. Marla looked at me and then at the yard and did a double take. Larry and Shana followed her outside. I waved them over so they could look up and see what I was seeing. And they did. It wasn't my imagination. This was as real as the squad car in the driveway. Whatever it was.

Shana stepped back inside and eventually, all nine of us were shoulder-to-shoulder staring into the glow. Maria had tears in her eyes and little Jessie was cooing happily. The rest of us were simply in awe. A UFO or something else that only happens once every few thousand years? If not for the urge to step outside, we would have missed this. And it was too precious to miss.

But then, everything today had been too precious to miss.