All Comments on 'The Chronicles: Notomol Ch. 10'

by AspernEssling

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
Comentarista82Comentarista82about 1 year ago

What an awesome installment! So wonderful to have Guenna and company meet Notomol. I loved the humor from Giedra, Guenna's observations, how well she and Notomol helped each other, and naming Dubek, Liesma, and Aldur. Seemed sad to not name Giedra, but she couldn't do badly with "Giedra the Witty One." ;)

You described the battle wonderfully, much like from Westrons; loved your details and move-by-move action.

Kolasovets got some time to shine as "the little archer," but is he really so "little"? I realize there's many more to possibly honor, with Giedra, Guenna and more...but are you going to magnify Kolasovet's place in the story? I hope you will, since the supporting character to the main one (Ljudevit to Borna, for example) in many ways typically seems to only support, but never show true promise at being able to matching the main character. I'd love to see that change.

Five (5) for gracing us with such a gripping installment.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Great story ... thank you

Cliquegge

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Another excellent chapter. Thank you.

SerpsorSerpsorabout 1 year ago

Notomol's democratic ways might not take root in the low lands but they have a chance in the Uplands

pk2curiouspk2curiousabout 1 year ago

Yes but as Guenna suggests . Maybe not before some trouble from the lowlanders . Another GR8 battle . The biggest so far . And with both sets of heroes joining force . Well done AE . Amazing as always .

Comentarista82Comentarista825 days ago

And Liesma is NO LONGER HorseFace--plus new names for Dubek and Aldur!!

***

Guenna observes Kolasovets to be both honest and more importantly SELFLESS; both he and Notomol are true heros! However, the story reinforces how cowardly and truly stupid Heras K is. Seems like there's always more braggarts around then those that truly back up what they do.

***

Curiosity: "shit" didn't appear until 1580 in the excrement sense; before that it was only "turd" or "filth," (per the Online Etymology Dictionary).

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAspernEssling@AspernEssling
Still writing. More to come. For those who are interested: you may have noticed that I mention music fairly often. That's because I tend to listen to music while I write, so that certain artists/albums become associated with certain stories. Here are some of the connections. G...