All Comments on 'The Chronicles: Notomol Ch. 11'

by AspernEssling

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
cliqueggecliqueggeabout 1 year ago

Superb story telling - thank you

pk2curiouspk2curiousabout 1 year ago

This was a very heavy chapter . Grim circumstances already . Now getting worse . Time to react and give no quarter . And pray they prevail .

nthusiasticnthusiasticabout 1 year ago

War is ugly and stupid and wasteful. Only those with no heart find pleasure in other people’s pain. The cruel and ruthless may rule through fear for a time, but not forever. Thank you for sharing your talents with us.👍🏼🙏👏

highshine808highshine808about 1 year ago

it was foolish to spare the prisoners in the face of such an enemy.

it was foolish to feed the prisoners as long as they did.

theres no room for misplaced morality in a war like this.

this is notomol's greatest shortcoming as a guerrilla leader.

MajesticJMajesticJabout 1 year ago

No more prisoners indeed.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Did I miss something about "my cousin Kestutis"?

It was implied he was among the prisoners. Did I read that wrong? What is the context there?

trnmstr48trnmstr48about 1 year ago
Another Fantastic Chapter!

Thanks for another riveting chapter. It was obvious (to me, at least) that the Duke in Hvad town would react the way he did. The "bad guys" always seem to epitomize pure evil!

To Anonymous: You need to read "The Chronicles: Three Sisters" to understand about Kestutis.

Comentarista82Comentarista82about 1 year ago

It had to happen sooner or later: they couldn't sustain those prisoners with their numbers and how they had to hunt; it was too costly. Sure war is awful, but when you engage in it, you fight to win--and hopefully--make it so distasteful the enemy doesn't want to repeat it anytime soon.

Loving the greater comradery with Orsho and ratcheting up the hostilities with the Izumyrians. As awful as it is, the atrocities need to galvanize the Hvadis (Lowlanders and Uplanders alike) to fight as one, to expel these invaders.

Still would like to see more fleshing out with Kolasovets, although I've noticed Senderra has now taken a backseat to things. You've brought out more about Nelime and Orsho (even Dubek), but if you write to only 16-17 chapters like you have been, there's still going to be a few relatively shortchanged.

Still a 5.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Another riveting read. So many plot options going forwards - I can’t wait. What a story (again!).

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAspernEssling@AspernEssling
Still writing. More to come. For those who are interested: you may have noticed that I mention music fairly often. That's because I tend to listen to music while I write, so that certain artists/albums become associated with certain stories. Here are some of the connections. G...