All Comments on 'The Chronicles of Hvad Ch. 03'

by AspernEssling

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
Comentarista82Comentarista82about 4 years ago
Interesting turn

of events, with introducing Kaweha's backstory, along with the woodsmen. Awful news for Borna and Ljudevit. VERY unexpected to see Berit's reaction. A woman scorned, eh (in a different way)? I also wasn't expecting Berit wanting Ljudevit. Somehow, I do NOT think Noyemi didn't at least observe part of that; I did appreciate her simple "I'm sorry" to him, though. Kanni's interaction was so touching.

I'll say this chapter was not what I was expecting, but it certainly proved pleasantly different also, in the bit of humor from "Borna's Butt," while using this kind of "interlude chapter" to boost Borna's band's morale both by the 2 raids and Kaweha joining them. I can see the logic in this development and I definitely appreciate it.

Can't say how you're drawing this out disappoints me, as it does not. It is however the ultimate of slow burns. I don't think Noyemi will be too shy towards Ljudevit once she talks to him more, either. I'm definitely glad Borna and Kanni are together.

Looking forward to more. :)

Comentarista82Comentarista82about 4 years ago
Oh really?

Talk about slow! I finally got the implication about the "shrewish wife" that verbally assaulted them, where Khoren threw her in the byre. You could have said "how appropriate: we threw the cow into the cowshed!!" ROFL!

ZZchromosomeZZchromosomealmost 4 years ago

Quote by Heraclitus: “Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.”

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAspernEssling@AspernEssling
Still writing. More to come. For those who are interested: you may have noticed that I mention music fairly often. That's because I tend to listen to music while I write, so that certain artists/albums become associated with certain stories. Here are some of the connections. G...