All Comments on 'The Chronicles of Hvad Ch. 06'

by AspernEssling

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
bucksumgalbucksumgalalmost 4 years ago
Guslar

Kawehka had asked if Borna had ever heard a guslar. What did Kawehka think when he heard his first one? I can imagine a deep, hearty laugh at the Battle of the Bucket. But he was probably mesmerized by then.

bucksumgalbucksumgalalmost 4 years ago

I loved the humour of this chapter.

AukweirdAukweirdalmost 4 years ago

Damn, but your battle scenes are outrageously good. Thanks so much for your efforts. All the rest is also very good.

In appreciation,

Aukweird

Comentarista82Comentarista82almost 4 years ago
Borna's Bucket List!

Enjoyed Borna’s continued generosity and prudence--letting vanquished foes keep only what they could carry. Additionally, they created a quicker potential exit from the steading if they couldn’t hold it. Great for him to hold fast his principles when they raid--it sets him apart! :) Even fairer not to kill those who swore an oath not to fight against him. You build Borna well in doing all this. Great to follow that with understandable foreshadowing because of Aare (that someone might swear allegiance but try to assassinate him).

I don’t understand the mix of emotions you draw with Noyemi: she’s more attractive, tougher, possesses the same enchanting eyes, yet is still angry? It is understandable, but only to a point in my mind. I did appreciate Kanni’s directing Ljudevit to think: she helps him, but doesn’t step on his toes. Nice touch and great finish with Noyemi. But poor Ljudevit--Hravar says he’s ugly...so what’s he really got going for him except for his brain? Great idea to show him closely observing the 3 new arrivals. Not Batman-like, but perspicacious enough.

Raiding horses is classic. What’s better? Lovro stating, “this must be the most polite horse raid ever.” ROFL! Not a bad chess game afterward, with Borna killing 6 and Maigon/Manahir stopping large-scale incursions. Good guerrilla tactics.

NICE you got a guslar back (Imants). What an inventive and imaginative lyricist! :) Guess he’s armed to the TEETH with witticisms! ;) His new tale is sure to be on everyone’s BUCKET list to hear!

I sure would HATE to enrage Durra--a spear to the gut??? A gut wound is the worst wound to die from! Nanaidh is pretty fierce too. These females shouldn’t be underestimated.

What an on-the-edge-of-your-seat battle at Ovlivada. The fighting matches the harried nature of the hacking through the night and finally confronting Maigon. Sounds to me like once he finished Imants will compose a song titled “Borna--Hacked off!!”

All joking aside, what a delightful tale with good pacing and even better description--with tons of real substance and character development! 5!! :)

Comentarista82Comentarista82almost 4 years ago
Ch 7

is now in moderation. Yay! Can't wait for the next installment. :) One truly good tale, built from the ground up RIGHT in every way I can think of. Love it when a story's so good that it stands on its own and needs nothing to prop it up--which proves someone is a truly skilled writer.

Comentarista82Comentarista82almost 4 years ago
This has...

...even made it into the Sci-Fi hall of fame validates how inventive, unique and rock-solid the story is, as that is what floats this tale--solid writing, great character development, nice alternation between personalities each chapter...it's definitely a labor of love and it shows in what we receive here. Well done!

GimliOakensGimliOakens5 months ago

Wow, I would love to have been a PC in any D&D campaign you ran.

Comentarista82Comentarista823 days ago

I forgot these memorable lines:

"- 'Alright with you if I use the bucket, Ljudevit?' asked Hravar, with a smile.

- 'You going to take that thing along, next time we raid?' asked Lovro."

PRICELESS! About the only thing better was how Imants sang the lyrics for a comical effect. :)

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAspernEssling@AspernEssling
Still writing. More to come. For those who are interested: you may have noticed that I mention music fairly often. That's because I tend to listen to music while I write, so that certain artists/albums become associated with certain stories. Here are some of the connections. G...