All Comments on 'The Chronicles of Hvad Ch. 07'

by AspernEssling

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
AmeristyAmeristyalmost 4 years ago
Such an awesome story!

Excited to see where this goes next.

I like how the setback/twist did not seem cheap and out of nowhere.

I really love reading about this world.

EridonEridonalmost 4 years ago
Hm...I wonder.

The way this is going it makes me think that it's not going to be long until we meet the Izumyrians.

But now this makes me wonder. Who would the Izumyrians be? It sounds somewhat like Izmir, the name of a province in Turkey today, that was known for thousands of years as Smyrna.

Would the Izumyrians be Romans(Byzantine) in flavour, or Turkic? Maybe something different entirely?

Are we going to see Borna act as a "Varangian" to the Izumyrians?

I am also probably reading way too much into this. It could be nothing like this.

But as always, this is an incredibly enjoyable read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
damm

damm

mithanialmithanialalmost 4 years ago

So I'm the only one who thinks they want to unite behind Bormas growing legend? Not to kill him but bind him to them and they to him and in turn increase everyone's influence?

Comentarista82Comentarista82almost 4 years ago
Another great installment

I'm overjoyed to see Borna win convincingly, although I don't know what to make of these riders. It's a good solution to have Noyemi with Imants and Kanni protected also; yet losing his young sisters was so terrible--although not unexpected given the opposition's mentality. Imants and Noyemi can both spy on neighboring lands while Borna sizes up this unknown force: this force could have made this chapter title "BANNING the election."

I'm not sure how you're going to use this unknown group next, but I would say this (on the random chance it's on your mind): be careful of planning excessive suffering, as that's been a major movement in soap operas (sounds weird but true) since 1996 and some may have also noted that, to the point they needlessly antagonize the protagonist with multitudinous sufferings (seemingly inexplicable) before finally resolving the troubles and providing the denouement.

I appreciate how you vary your sentence constructions, and how well they fit each situation. I don't know if that's a deliberate choice on your part or if you've written so long it just comes naturally. However it arises, it syncs with the time our characters experience.

Can't wait to see ch. 8 and it's been in moderation 2 days already. Hopefully they'll approve it tonight. :) 5

GimliOakensGimliOakens5 months ago

Darkest before dawn.....

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAspernEssling@AspernEssling
Still writing. More to come. For those who are interested: you may have noticed that I mention music fairly often. That's because I tend to listen to music while I write, so that certain artists/albums become associated with certain stories. Here are some of the connections. G...