All Comments on 'The Chronicles: Three Sisters 06'

by AspernEssling

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

What a sweet way to release the tension you built up in the last chapter. A really great second act. I am ever so looking forward to the third and really hope that you will put the healing romance between those two at the center. I really enjoyed your careful description of their first night together and hope that you will allow more of this in your tale.

It seems to me that this type of story would gloss over much of their day to day growing romance between the couple and familarity between Sulcen and the three daughters. But I think it more important to those five than the revenge that is due.

It could also help us readers feel his fear for people he loves other than his three daughters in the coming showdown with Bacho's forces.

But I will trust in your instincts for this story to bring me to bittersweet tears and make me smile.

Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Awesome

Your writing keeps surprising me in how you paint the picture as if we were there. You truly have a gift, my friend. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Comentarista82Comentarista82over 3 years ago
What a wonderful

tale this is already shaping up to be. :)

Loved how you cemented the partnership between Guen and Veran by him defending the village. I treasured their reconciliation and adored how they made peace by apologizing for each other's loss. I agree that you have a real knack for writing a story that integrates sometimes very disparate or unlikely elements into one that melds them all in sometimes unexpected but satisfying ways.

I get this vibe from the story that this will almost follow a "The Last Samurai" development, where the samurai and their village healed him, and Taka came to deeply love him--although they never showed it. Algren best expressed it by saying "everyone is polite and everyone bows...yet I sense in them a deep reserve of feeling." I get that same feeling with Sulcen and Veran. Although relationship experts counsel against two people trying to "heal each other," it CAN happen: they both need healing in the worst way, and so does Guen Nadesti. I also suspect Yevna LIKES Sulcen a lot more than just the "respect" she named because she killed that loser husband of hers; if anyone, Yevna understands Sulcen more than she might admit. Of course, Tanguiste is such a deep thinker and such a lovely creature, and you chose the perfect word for her with Sulcen--she EMBRACED her. :) Then there's Guenna..I was ROFL when you wrote that she "only asked two questions." That was priceless!

I know I'm leaving something out, but I wanted to get this up a.s.a.p., and I promise to include more if it hits me (i.e., when I am more awake). Thanks for such a charming tale already! 5 without doubts! :)

The_PedantThe_Pedantover 3 years ago
Too short!!!!

A great tale, as usual. My only complaint - the chapters are too short.

I can read one in less than 10 minutes, when I would really like to be absorbed for longer.

yuramwagyuramwagover 3 years ago

5 🌟 as always.thanks really appreciate it.us readers like to comply alot so bear with us,but I do agree with my fellow reader the stories are a bit short.

AahhWhattheHellAahhWhattheHellover 3 years ago

Again, well crafted. Still waiting for the other shoe to drop. 5*

PurplefizzPurplefizzalmost 2 years ago

Rock solid 5⭐️ all the way through, I’m interested in how you’re going to resolve the Bachco and his son issue, hopefully in a manner that “fits the crime”, and fits in with the general milieu of the story.

GimliOakensGimliOakens5 months ago

As someone who has known much pain in life, this was beautiful.

Comentarista82Comentarista827 days ago

I CLEARLY was NOT awake when I last read this, or I would have remembered the most powerful lesson of all: Had Guen and Veran only TALKED before that conflict began, NONE of the events that followed would have transpired. Just making a serious effort at getting to know someone AND trying to resolve things usually works wonders--and many times--can save lives (and would have). Powerful!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAspernEssling@AspernEssling
Still writing. More to come. For those who are interested: you may have noticed that I mention music fairly often. That's because I tend to listen to music while I write, so that certain artists/albums become associated with certain stories. Here are some of the connections. G...