All Comments on 'The Chronicles: Three Sisters 09'

by AspernEssling

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
kvalentinekvalentineover 3 years ago

AE, something I haven't thought about before, but that occurred to me as I read this chapter, was that you have a really great knack for a sense of pacing. You know how to make the tension, stakes, and revelations ebb and flow in such a manner that the story neither feels rushed nor feels stretched out, bloated, or repetitive. You just need to start spending more time on your conclusions, so that they feel truly over and not simply...stopped.

yuramwagyuramwagover 3 years ago

Thanks really appreciate it.5 🌟

Comentarista82Comentarista82over 3 years ago
At some point

we'll have to have some fed-up Lowlanders help Prospal Hill. It seems logical even the 3rd generation there still knows of Payl and especially Borna. We'd never heard of the area NE of Prospal Hill before--and yet THEY heard of Veran AND Payl. The obvious thing is that we know the NE is tapped out. However, we can suspect someone COULD venture into Izumyr--as someone is bound to still be around that descended from the innkeeper Ljudevit befriended (and was tempted by) that would want to help. We KNOW that tale of what Ljudevit did spread there like wildfire too (although we've not heard of it yet).

Nameless is setting up for an epic claim-to-fame already and I picture Dengelle matching Borna's skill with snares for the enemy. Will Seva eventually take Nanaidh's place (she'll have to be seriously refined to do that, though)? Almost sounds like Dengelle might fill Meeli Deadeyes' shoes, as Nameless isn't non-verbal.

Really enjoy how Veran and Vingoldas relate: sounds like they might be the modern Borna/Ljudevit combination--although you will have to advance Veran significantly to match Borna--unless you plan to hand that off to Tanguiste (who seems to be following the aide-de-camp's steps from Westrons).

I'm surprised you haven't named Guenna "Big Mouth" or "One Shot" or "Mouth Closer" since she felled that one intruder with an arrow through the mouth. That HAS to embolden her to further hone her archery skills.

Moriuth dying was a natural progression; keeping Guen advances the leadership roles for Vingoldas and Veran. I'm still not seeing where Inisian fits exactly, as he doesn't fit Kawekha's mold...that seems more of Yevna's place.

You've definitely left the door wide open for a guslar to show up, which would be a great idea although you have not built an easy entrance for one yet. You have however implied one's existence--one that went farther than Izumyr to spread the tale of Payl and even some unnamed one that existed to tell about Veran.

You're hiding some gems, much like those to be discovered in "The Count of Monte Cristo" for the right moment to swoop in for a masterful stroke of genius and retribution. Another 5, undoubtedly!

Comentarista82Comentarista82over 3 years ago
All right!!

See that ch 10 is in moderation, which means I hope mods will release it tonight! Yay!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAspernEssling@AspernEssling
4302 Followers
Still writing. More to come. For those who are interested: you may have noticed that I mention music fairly often. That's because I tend to listen to music while I write, so that certain artists/albums become associated with certain stories. Here are some of the connections. G...