All Comments on 'The Chronicles: Three Sisters 12'

by AspernEssling

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

It is an absolutely believable progression for people, who have no concept of widespread war and armies, but sharp minds. And it us a masterful pivot for the structure of the story. Suddenly, the scope has grown so much. Wonderful!

bhojobhojoover 3 years ago

What's a skramach ?

FljimFljimover 3 years ago
Pleased

I am pleased that you are continuing this marvelous adventure.

Comentarista82Comentarista82over 3 years ago
What a turn of events

to have them go south into Hvad. I expected them to go north, but this move makes more sense--and it really starts to put this back into the storyline of trying to channel Borna, Noyemi and even something from Kanni--whose potential ended up going untapped. It would be interesting indeed to discover some of her descendants (female, of course) that would be as wise as we KNOW she was--but was displaced by Payl and her storyline. Noyemi became quite the assistant guslar, and surely there's someone descended from her, as that thread only partly started to be explored. We **must** also find some descendants of Dulo (also female) because you can just imagine how much Dulo respected Ljudevit for being a gentlemen and not sleeping with her because she knew he had a woman (Payl) back in Hvad. I know that story got passed around Izumyr from Dulo. There is NO way he wasn't revered by the ladies there strictly because of that.

Tanguiste was quite the speaker. Loved how Guenna is actually coming into her own--and even managed to laugh herself to tears at Veran's expense.

You are most definitely the curve-ball specialist. However, you do it in such a way as to leave yourself some outs--and you don't leave us hurting for the next installment (but you do create tons of positive anticipation). I cannot wait for the next one! Of course it's another 5--hands down!! :)

yuramwagyuramwagover 3 years ago

Really appreciate it 5 🌟 as always.I agree with my fellow reader it will be nice to know what became of Borna and Ljudevit friends and foe(for the lack of proper word)

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Directions?

The way I read this chapter, the decision was to go north of the mountains, *not* south into Hvad, which in my view was sensible given the characters and the situation. I myself don't see that revisiting characters from TCoH or their descendants would of itself do much to advance this story. But who knows, one of AE's numerous plot twists may find one of Veran's daughters having to go undercover into Izumyr to assassinate Dulo's sociopathic ducal great-grandson and so derail the conquest.

In passing, I note that compass directions on the map prepared for this story seem to be reversed from those stated in the text of Ch. 02 and this chapter. For example, the 3 mountains are described as being north of the lake, and on the map Nadestis village and mountain M are to the right, or east, while in the text they are said to be to the west.

Comentarista82Comentarista824 days ago

Guess I went nuts posting without re-reading first. They were indeed headed NORTH.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAspernEssling@AspernEssling
Still writing. More to come. For those who are interested: you may have noticed that I mention music fairly often. That's because I tend to listen to music while I write, so that certain artists/albums become associated with certain stories. Here are some of the connections. G...