All Comments on 'The Cold Case of Bridget Mayes'

by ronde

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
SlithyToveSlithyToveabout 2 months ago

Excellent story, as always, with a nice premise and process. It does seem strange, though, that the Tollidays wouldn't react the news in the newspaper that Bridget Mays was who was found dead on their property, if they were her foster parents, or that the brother wouldn't also have recognized that name, or even that he wouldn't recognize the body itself wasn't her, since she lived with the Tollidays for two years and they seemed to be quite involved with her.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

You are a frigging addiction! More, more, more! Dick's a lucky man to have Rochelle as well.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

another amazing story

Spyder23Spyder23about 2 months ago

Great story although I’m confused about why they both needed public defenders since you repeatedly said at least one of them was making a good income. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

keep on just love these stories

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

As per usual, a well written piece with a little of everything needed to keep the interest of the reader. I look forward to reading whatever you next have to offer.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Seems odd the junkyard would have scrapped a 1986 F-150 in 1993.

It was fairly new and worth something.

And being in Tennessee, my shouldn't have had rust like a truck up north.

Well done, I guessed the Lisa/Bridget thing early on but not the rest.

Ravey19Ravey19about 2 months ago

As usual an excellent story. Just a little confused as to why Mr and Mrs Tolliday who apparently doted on Bridget never missed her after she left the farm; perhaps I missed something.

steppinontoessteppinontoesabout 2 months ago

My question is, who identified the body?

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitabout 2 months ago

It’s a very good story. I think one fairly significant detail was overlooked: the Tolliday were Bridget’s foster parents - very involved foster parents. When the news originally broke after Sherry’s anonymous call to Harry, the Tolliday’s would have immediately known the body wasn’t Bridget. It just doesn’t fit that: (a) the Tolliday’s didn’t contest the corpse’s identity; and that Harry never questioned whether the Tolliday’s knew that name.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 2 months ago

Another great detective story!

5

ReadyOneReadyOneabout 2 months ago

I don't think justice was served.

.

The death was accidental 39 years past. The "fraud" involving the identity directly harmed no one. Yes, they should have reported the death, but no one profited save for keeping their career. They contributed to the community and did other "wrong".

.

The only reason I can see for hasseling them is because Richard (and Harry) spent a couple of weeks on the case. But that's their job!

.

The DA should have been smart enough to drop things, and the judge should have relaxed the letter of the law.

.

No one was better off at the end save people keeping irrelevant scores. DA's conviction count goes up one, but the public is no safer. In fact, wasted effort and resources could have been used against injurious crimes.

.

Next time, write the story so the climax is the resolution of the mystery, not the unfair punishment of a couple of old ladies.

ReadyOneReadyOneabout 2 months ago

Tag these stories a little better, please. Add "Richard Ownes" and "Rochelle" so we can find other stories you have written about them.

.

Google search hates Literotica, and will not return results from lit when searching unless literotica is explicitly included as a search term. Adding "site:literotica.com" gets treated as search terms, not as a restriction.

.

So, we have to depend in literotica site provided search features like tags, and forgive BBS search limitations.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userronde@ronde
Women tend to be the central characters in my stories, because I find their complex personalities to be fascinating. My stories come from my life experiences or the thoughts inspired by people I have met. I am an avid fan of history and especially the history of the America...

story TAGS