All Comments on 'The Cold Case that Turned Hot'

by ronde

Sort by:
  • 26 Comments
naughtyandy4unaughtyandy4u8 months ago

I like how they work together, both solving cases and in the bedroom or wherever their desire takes them

goodshoes2goodshoes28 months ago

As Arte Johnson on the old Laugh In show said "VERRRRY INTERRRRESTING"

A_BierceA_Bierce8 months ago

Even LEOs can benefit from second opinions. Nice case of synergy in action.

eomersoneomerson8 months ago

Great story that could be expanded into a novel. Thanks!

des911des9118 months ago

You are such a talented writer and keep posting these wonderful stories. Thank you, thank you and, please keep writing. Great story - really enjoyed it even though detective fiction is not something I normally read. Well done.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy8 months ago

I really enjoy your police and detective stories!

5

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

This series just keeps getting better and better.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

A good story. The dog though doesn’t work well. The timeline doesn’t work. Big dogs don’t live that long. If Victor got Macy to help with his ptsd after he got back from Viet Nam, Macy would have been about as old as Samantha - 21 at the time of the murders. If Macy were a 4 sigma outlier, she’d still have been so arthritic she could barely walk.

When you rewrite it - make Macy younger. And introduce her sooner.

Favorite part - Samantha not cashing the life insurance because it would have been fraud. You could have made that the loose end that solved the case.

Ravey19Ravey198 months ago

Another great detective story

bluesbobluesbo8 months ago

A nice bit of detective fiction on an otherwise erotic fiction site — and very well-written. Definitely hungry for a sequel, please!

grogers7grogers78 months ago

You could write an excellent series for Netflix, or Prime! Maybe you already do that. Better than 5* -- the detective detail is great.

stewartbstewartb8 months ago

Your mysteries are quite enjoyable from beginning until brilliant solution. When can we have another?

tennesseeredtennesseered8 months ago

A well constructed story with lots of interesting variables. You could bust out into the paperback mass market with this kind of material. Quality work. 5.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Good story with lots of interesting twists and turns. Just one question though. If Victor's mother, Evelyn, was married to Walter, who is Stanley?

Crusader235Crusader2358 months ago

Great murder mystery. Loved all the twists. Five stars!

tellmeagoodstorytellmeagoodstory8 months ago

Just like Kellogg's Frosted Flakes

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Excellent story beginning to ending. Beautifully clear, concise and easily followed writing added to the enjoyment. The hint of sex added some delicate piquancy. It is so well arranged, composed and presented that I imagine this is what you "do" as "a day job" as well.

Great storytelling in any case.

WilCox49WilCox498 months ago

Very nice, on the whole. My one real complaint: The whole thing is way too complicated, and the psychological motives kind of wear thin in the end. In all other ways, very well done.

LeFrog08LeFrog087 months ago

Nice twist, good story.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Too long! I still think your best story was "18 Wheels and a Denim Skirt"!

Ronny2782Ronny27825 months ago

Love love your crime stories and will be making my way through all your submissions.

10 stars. you are a great storyteller

BigDee44BigDee443 months ago

And will the insurance company be asking for return of the $500,000?

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

"He said his dad dropped his mother off at her real estate business and then went on to do the lawns he needed to do that day."

A real estate broker could not possibly do her job without access to her own car, because of the necessity of meeting clients out at properties for sale.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

"All the people involved were either dead, went to prison, or were so old and infirm they probably wouldn't live much longer."

Umm, no, Samantha got to resume her life after a year of parole. Not sure whether a nurse with her record could find employment, shortage notwithstanding, but she could always find other work.

Also, I can see the insurance company refusing to pay anything out to Samantha, since she was convicted of obstructing the investigation of the death of the insured. Insurance companies routinely refuse to pay out for much less substantial reasons than that.

I honestly was thinking it would turn out that Samantha and her father were lovers.

I also think Rick would have forced William and Samantha to admit who sent the threatening letter, and prosecute them, as a part of their plea deal.

Peapod41Peapod41about 2 months ago

Right on the money. I hardly need to say any more than that

ReadyOneReadyOneabout 1 month ago

Not happy with the way the DA and courts administered justice.

.

Trying a senile old man in absentia? And William's obstruction charge should not have been pursued -- he's already got a very substantial sentence for abuse.

.

Too many lawyers are 'running up the score after the game is won' and spending time, effort, and resources needed elsewhere.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userronde@ronde
Women tend to be the central characters in my stories, because I find their complex personalities to be fascinating. My stories come from my life experiences or the thoughts inspired by people I have met. I am an avid fan of history and especially the history of the America...

story TAGS