The College Intern

Story Info
What happens when a hot co-ed applies for a coveted position.
6.6k words
4.83
27.8k
31
Story does not have any tags

Part 1 of the 3 part series

Updated 09/03/2023
Created 07/02/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Tbg1248
Tbg1248
57 Followers

The College Intern

"Mr. Frost?" a soft voice called from the doorway into the office.

I looked up from my keyboard, fighting to tamp down my irradiation at being disturbed. Stephan, my web master, knows that the first Friday of the month is budget review day, a task I hated, thus, tried to complete as fast as possible to get it out of the way. It is rare he lets anyone past him on Budget Day.

My irritation faded to one of curiosity, as I found the owner of the voice to be a strikingly beautiful co-ed. She looked nervous, the fingers of her left hand twisting the blonde strands of hair that cascaded down her cheek. Her lips turned up in a slight smile that was painted a light shade of rose. Her eyes were a deep blue, that held a spark of curiosity of their own, as she held my gaze steadily, waiting for a response.

She stood casually in the doorway, decked out in typical co-ed garb for a warm, fall day, khaki shorts that hugged her hips enticingly. Her blouse was a light, silky white number, with the top two buttons undone, to show just the hint of generous curves of her breasts. My mind quickly cataloged all this as my gaze took her in. This was a woman who knew she was beautiful but didn't flaunt it. I was intrigued to say the least.

"Yes. How may I help you?"

I stood to greet her, my father's stern voice echoing in my head to always stand when a lady enters the room. Looking past her shoulder, I could see Stephan had deserted his desk. I chuckled to myself, wondering if she had caused my poor shy assistant to flee in fear of having to speak to her. The poor boy got tongue tied at the mere thought of having to speak to a girl; this woman would have struck him speechless.

She stepped forward, hand extended.

"Hi! I am Kari Welborn. Dr. Kellogg referred me to you. I am looking for an internship for next semester, and she said you might have an opening."

Her voice was a thrilling alto, vibrating on the long vowels just slightly. Her hand gripped mine firmly when I took it. It was soft and I held it just a heartbeat longer than protocol demanded.

As she slowly pulled it back, I noticed her nails neatly manicured without color, another item my brain cataloged. She must have stood five-foot-eight in her sandals. Her body was a lean, athletic one, toned and tanned. Kari had to tilt her head up just slightly to maintain eye contact with me. Her hair was gathered at the nape of her neck, the color like shocks of wheat at harvest. Her nose had a slight bend at the tip, adding a hint of whimsy to a face that should have graced a magazine cover.

But it was her eyes that held me. A deep blue almost black, that hid depths and intrigue within them. I had felt those eyes sweep over me taking in my six-foot-four-inch frame, as I stood before her. My dark, wavy black hair was yet to be graced with silver, but that was only a matter of time. My green eyes were still as sharp as ever. At thirty-five, I was in fairly good shape, mainly due to my love of playing competitive sports rather than any regimented workout, but my trainer told me that to keep the dad-bod at bay, I had to add gym time. Bless him for making me do that.

"Dr. Kellogg sent you, did she?" I smiled warmly at Kari.

Of all the Computer Science faculty at South Georgia University, I liked Dr. Kellogg the best. She was tough, fair, and a brilliant teacher. Her advanced data management course was a prerequisite for any CompSci major wanting to get into graduate school. She often referred her brightest students to me for internship, knowing that as head of the Business and Finance IT department, I had the only internship that provided practical application of Computer Science theory on campus. Over my five-year tenure, I had taken in several of her top students, writing letters of recommendations for them at the end of their semester. Those letters were prized on campus, as many had helped students land high-paying private-sector jobs or coveted slots in top grad schools like MIT.

Turning back to my desk, I opened one of the file drawers and pulled out a folder. I handed her a blank application form.

"I apologize for this, but the university requires paper for the application. You will need Dr. Kellogg to sign it, and I will need you to have the registrar print off your current transcript for me."

She took the form, read through it quickly then smiled at me.

"Kari, I will need these back today. I have to make my selection by Monday noon. I have three other well-qualified candidates, but since Dr. Kellogg referred you, I will give you 'til four-thirty PM to get the documents back to me."

My tone conveyed that if she really wanted this position, the application needed to be her top priority. This would be a good test of her commitment, I thought to myself.

Kari looked up from the form, ran her fingertips over my hand holding the now-empty folder, as her eyes captured mine again. A shock ran from her fingertips straight to my groin, as her look turned from anxious to provocative. This woman was damn sexy and turned me on just with her touch. No woman since my ex-wife had ever been able to excite me with just a look. This one could be trouble.

"I don't have much time then," Kari cooed to me.

She turned back toward the door to my outer office, and I was afforded my first view of her from behind. I was not disappointed. Her hips swayed just a bit, as she made her way to the outer door. It opened before her, as Stephan returned, his mouth dropping open as the beauty before him whisked past. As she passed Stephan, Kari glanced back at me over her shoulder, and I could have sworn she winked.

"Who was that?!" Stephan stammered, once coherent speech returned to him.

"That, my young apprentice, is trouble," I replied, with just a bit of a tremor in my voice.

Stephan hung around 'til 4:30pm, well past his normal quitting time on Friday. One thing I really liked about working at SGU was that the campus administration shuts down on Fridays at noon. This was partly a budgetary play and partly a perk, as many of the faculty and staff used the afternoon for golf or pool time.

With a deep sigh, which I heard from my office, Stephan rose and poked his head into my office.

"I'm taking off, boss. I guess we won't have to worry about trouble with the new intern," he intoned, glancing at the clock on the office wall.

I, too, looked that the clock and wondered if that was a good thing, or not.

My social life has been nonexistent since taking this position. After my divorce, I took the advice of a colleague, who had heard through his many connections, that SGU was looking for a new head of the IT department for Finance. I called the VP of the Business and Finance department directly and after a forty-five-minute conversation, booked a flight for an in-person interview the following week. I signed the contract and an apartment lease that very same trip.

The move brought me closure on a long, drawn-out, unpleasant chapter of my life. But since arriving in Georgia, I hadn't begun to write the next one. Don't get me wrong, working on a college campus offers a lot of eye candy and fodder for late-night fantasies in the long, dark nights of solitude in my bedroom. Since the move, I could count on one hand, the number of dates I had been on, none leading to a second one. Face it, I was gun-shy. Horny and gun-shy makes for a sad state of affairs.

I knew Stephan, and Deidre, the administrative assistant I shared with my boss, kept after me to test the waters again, but no one had captured my interest enough to break me out of my self-imposed isolation.

Until now.

What was it about Kari that had my thoughts turning to places it hadn't in ages?

I was just finishing up on my budget report, when the outer door opened. I had been so focused on double checking my numbers, I had lost track of time. I glanced up to see Kari standing in the same place in my doorway she had taken earlier in the day, yet this time, she was leaning against the jamb, breathing heavily, which did wonderful things to her breasts. A faint sheen of perspiration showed on her upper lip and brow.

"Did you run across campus?" I asked, with a grin.

Her response was a breathy, "Yes, you didn't leave me much time to get the transcript and signature. I almost didn't. I had to call in a favor from a friend to run the transcript for me. The registrar office closes at noon on Fridays."

I nodded. "Yes it does, but what were you doing with the other three hours?"

I was enjoying the rise and fall of her breasts, as her breathing slowly returned to normal.

"Dr. Kellogg has her graduate seminar from noon to four on Fridays. I had to wait for her to take a break to get her signature," she explained, as we both looked at the clock, which showed 4:45pm.

"Fuck!"

The words slipped out between her lips in an exasperated sigh. My eyes widened just slightly at her words, but she must have caught them.

"Oh, I am so sorry, Mr. Frost, for my language. I thought I had enough time to get here before four-thirty."

Her face was crestfallen and slightly reddened. I couldn't tell if it was from the exertion of running across campus, or the embarrassment of swearing in front of me.

I rose from behind my desk and moved towards her. She pressed her back against the door frame and held the application in front of her breasts. I reached for it, my fingers brushing hers this time, as I took it. She gasped slightly, and then, I swear, she shivered as I slid sideways past her in the doorway.

On the main desk in the outer office, I opened the center drawer and pulled out the receiving stamp. Turned over her application, and having checked to see that both her and Dr Kellogg's signatures were on it, stamped it and wrote in the time. 4:30 PM. Her eyes followed me, and when she saw what I had done, her sigh was one of relief.

"Anyone who is willing to run across campus at four o'clock on a Friday in this heat for a job, deserves a little leniency."

I tried to smile reassuringly to her, but I was certain the darker thoughts my sex-denied brain was creating, could be seen on my face.

"Now, the only part we are missing is the actual interview. Do you have time now, or, perhaps, tomorrow?" I asked, wondering just what reply I would get.

Kari paused for a moment, then glanced at the clock, then back to me.

"Mr. Frost, I have a study group at five, but I could meet after, but that would be six PM. But you don't work that late, do you?"

Again, her face seemed to fall. "And I have our volleyball match tomorrow, noon."

It hit me then, why she felt familiar to me, she was the star setter for our women's volleyball team. I hadn't linked the woman in my office to the sexy creature, who roamed the back court for our defending championship team. I had seen the team practice a few times when I was in the gym.

Whoever designed the women's volleyball uniforms must have been an ass lover, for those uniforms left nothing to the imagination. I wrenched my thoughts away from the virtues of (or lack thereof) volleyball shorts and back to the topic at hand.

"Kari, I have a bit more work to do here today, meet me back here at six, and I promise to keep the interview to an hour. Will that work?"

She glanced at me, to see if I was serious and seeing I was, her smile broadened.

"Thank you, Mr. Frost! I promise I won't be late."

She pushed her body away from the door frame and into my personal space. I could smell the faint scent of her perspiration and something else, something that had my nostrils flaring and my heart beginning to race.

She grasped my forearm as she turned to go, her grip tightening slightly as she said, "You won't regret giving me the opportunity to show you I can be an asset to your department."

My cock went full-on hard with her touch, her slight emphasis on the work asset had my brain reeling. Was I interpreting her correctly? Before I could answer myself, she had vanished through the door, and I could hear her feet pounding across the rotunda lobby as she ran for her study group.

Trouble indeed, I thought, as a slow smile worked its way across my lips.

I ran a skeleton crew in my department, as budget dollars were hard to come by, thus redundancy meant there were several checks I executed each Friday, to ensure our technology was running at peak performance and availability. By the time I had finished my checklist of items, the outer door opened again.

The sound of the footsteps was the click of heels on the well-worn wooden floor of the office. I rose to see who had come in.

Kari had taken the time to change before returning to my office. Gone was the co-ed attire of shorts and blouse replaced by a light-blue dress that accented her eye color. Her hair looked like burnished gold in the low light from the windows and was up in a long ponytail. Around her throat, hung a single strand of small pearls, the only jewelry she wore.

Her dress hung to mid-thigh and her legs descended into a pair of matching blue heels, her toes like her fingernails were clear of color, but obviously lacquered.

My heart skipped a beat, I had thought she was beautiful before, but now...

Her smile was bright and open.

"Study group ended early. I took the time to dress more appropriately for an interview. I hope you don't mind."

She twirled her hips slightly and the hem of the dress flared out just enough to display her strong, athletic thighs. I couldn't help but stare, my eyes drinking in her broad shoulders, the dress discreetly covering the impressive swell of her breasts, while the neckline plunged just enough to hint at what was beneath. It gathered snuggly at her waist to flare tantalizingly over her hips. Those long legs seemed to stretch on forever.

"Wow," my whispered exclamation slipped from my lips, before I could snap my gaping jaws shut.

Kari smiled broader, as her sharp ears picked up my words. Color rushed to my cheeks, before turning to lead her back into my office. I offered her a chair at one of the worktables. She turned with supple grace to descend into the seat, and with exaggerated extension, crossed her legs chastely. I struggled to find my voice for a second, as I prepared my interview questions.

I knew I was in trouble with her first answer. Her voice trilled in my ear, her breasts moving freely beneath her dress, completely unfettered by a bra, causing my cock to betray me with its sudden swelling. I shifted in my chair to hide what I could, but it was a token gesture at best.

I am not one of those porn gods who hangs to his knees, but I am not insubstantial, either. My ex used to say my thickness filled her in ways beyond words. Sex had never been our problem, even at the end. It was her infidelity that was. That sobering thought crossed my mind and helped ease the situation slightly.

Over the next forty-five minutes, Kari filled in the gaps in her background that a transcript couldn't. Her dual major in computer science and history was impressive, even more so, when she shared that she was an NCAA Academic All-American in volleyball. The more I learned about her, the more I wanted to know, and not just about her qualifications as an intern. She was bright, engaging, humorous, and inquisitive. As the conversation evolved, I found myself answering just as many questions as I asked. I posed a final question to her.

"So, Kari, why this internship? What do you expect to take away from this opportunity?"

I paused, while she formulated her reply, a trait I liked in my interns; evaluate, consolidate, formulate, respond.

"Mr. Frost, your internship is the only one on campus that would offer me real-world experience, to put into practice some of the concepts from my courses and labs. As for what I want to gain from this opportunity - a mentor..." with a brief pause, ..."and maybe a friend."

That last was delivered in a slightly lower and softer tone than her previous answers. I looked up from my notes and saw a bit of hesitation in her face, which contrasted the confidence with which she had answered all the previous questions. She had captured the corner of her lower lip in her teeth, then with a start, released it and sat straighter in her chair. Taking a deep breath, she continued.

"Even if you don't choose me for this position, I hope you would be open to being my mentor."

My hand trembled slightly as I closed my notebook. Setting it and the pen on my desk, I stood. She took this to mean the interview was done, and stood swiftly, hand extended. I took it in mine, again feeling the same thrill from her touch that the casual brush of her fingertips had before.

"Kari, why would you want me to mentor you?" I held her hand in mine, waiting for her reply.

She tightened her grip slightly.

"I did my research on you, after Dr. Kellogg suggested I come see you. You have a stellar reputation on campus, with both students and faculty. Your past interns tell me that you are the reason they are where they are today, that you helped them grow, both personally and professionally."

She took a slight step closer, once again entering my personal space. The warmth of her body was palpable, as she looked up into my face.

"Please consider it."

We both realized how close we had been standing to each other, and each took a slight step backwards.

Releasing her hand, I smiled warmly. "I will. You have given me a lot to consider."

I looked at my watch and realized it was only 6:00pm, yet the skies outside had darkened ominously. As if on cue, a low rumble of thunder rolled over the building causing the windows to rattle.

"Damn!"

I turned to see Kari looking out the window, as the wind began to cause the tree branches outside my office window to dance. I could see the consternation on her face; making her way back across campus in the rain, would probably ruin her dress. I quickly tossed a few items into my briefcase and grabbed my keys.

"Let me give you a ride back to your dorm."

Without waiting for her reply, I placed my hand on the small of her back and guided her to the door.

My Mustang was in its usual space, right next to the back entrance to the building. It was my one true extravagance since my divorce. I had always been a bit of a gearhead, and when the opportunity to pick up my dream car presented itself, I jumped at it.

With my hand still on the small of her back, I guided Kari to the passenger door, quickly opening it for her. She folded her long legs in, just as the first fat drops of rain hit the windshield. I had barely made it in myself when the skies opened. The rain pounded loudly on the roof as the car roared to life.

"Which dorm are you in?" I inquired, shifting the car into gear.

"Patterson Apartments, the complete other side of campus."

Just as I had pulled the Mustang out onto the main road, the car fishtailed when a large branch fell in front of us. Kari reached over and grasped my hand on the wheel.

We turned towards each other and in unison said, "We need to get off the road."

Patterson Apartments were on the other side of campus and a good twenty-minute drive away; my condo was much closer. It felt like an hour of terror, as I dodged flying debris and deep pools of water to reach it. Kari's hand stayed on my forearm, clenching it tightly from time to time, as we made our way.

A few harrowing minutes later, we stood within the foyer of my condo.

I ran my fingers through my hair to pull the wet mess from my eyes and turned to Kari. A bright flash of lightning lit the entryway silhouetting her form perfectly.

I must have gasped, for she turned towards me, placed her hand in the center of my chest and moved closer. Her rain-soaked dress clung to her curves, the full swell of her breasts, the tantalizing flair of her hips. I couldn't help but notice the hard points of her nipples threatening to tear through the fabric, it was obvious that no bra supported those wonderfully full globes.

Tbg1248
Tbg1248
57 Followers
12