The Coming Darkness Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Shit it an aftershock". I said as the wall gave way causing rock and dirt to collapse down with the large metallic looking wall sliding further into the cave.

I jumped backwards running a ways tripping and falling to the ground fearing I would get caught in the collapsing cave. The aftershock and collapse only lasted a few seconds and was very mild compared to what we just went through earlier. Once the movement stopped and the dust started to settle I looked around to see if Feline was alright. She was staring at something behind me with sheer terror in her eyes. I righted myself dusted off my shirt and pants slowly turned to look at what she was staring at. When I did the hairs on the back of my neck and arms stood up and a bolt of lightning went down my spine.

The wall wasn't just metallic in nature it was much more than that. It appeared to be some sort of manmade object. As I moved close enough I tentatively reached out to touch the surface.

"What the hell is that?" she said, breaking the now deafening silence.

"How the hell should I know I was just going to check it out before you scared me half to death?"

"Oh quit your whining."

I walked over the metallic structure. It appeared to be almost rectangular in shape butting out from the wall. The edges were smooth and about as tall and wide as a garage door. I slid my hand across the surface feeling the cold metal and checking for seems in case there was a door or something. The surface was smooth with no seems and no scratches anywhere. How the hell was this possible? This is definitely not natural and it sure doesn't look manmade either, but it looks and feels like nothing I ever come across before. I slid my hand all over the surface feeling for anything. All of a sudden I felt a warm spot which definitely contrasted with the cold surface around it. This totally perplexed me. As I placed my hand on the warm spot a second time I felt a slight poke to my hand.

I quickly recoiled my hand inspecting my finger and seeing a drop of blood forming at the tip. I gasped, at what I could only describe as bolts of light leaping across the surface of the structure following invisible lines in every direction. I grabbed Feline's hand and pulled her a few steps back as the light got brighter and brighter till a solid purple hue pulsated as the structure seemed to move. I stood there stunned as the wall slowly opened to a white sterile looking room that was definitely not made by man. At least nothing I've ever see before in my life.

"Um Nate, what the hell did you just do?"

"How the hell should I know, I just placed my hand on a warm spot on the wall."

"Are you seeing what I'm seeing right now?"

"Its kinda hard to miss Feline!"

"Please tell me what the hell we are doing here? And what the fuck is that?!!" she said almost screaming.

Turning to her I stated, "I could be wrong but I believe we just found some sort of Alien ship that been buried here for I don't know how long."

"No Nate, what the fuck is that?" she said with greater urgency

As I turned around to see what she was pointing and asking about, a section of the inside wall had opened and a large white triangular crystal with a glowing purple ring in the center started to hover out in the open space. It turned towards us and a flat beam of light shot out scanning us from head to toe as a holographic form took shape around the crystal of a tall caramel skinned woman with dark hair and beautiful hazel eyes without a stitch of clothing on. Needless to say my pants started to tent up. I felt a tingling sensation in my head as she walked closer and in a very sweet voice said, "Hello."

"A dios mio."

At that moment I heard a loud thud and felt my arm give way. I turned to see Feline had fell to the ground unconscious.

"Hello." The entity said again.

I quickly dropped to Feline's side to check on her. While keeping my eye on the form in from of me.

"What are you? And how do you know my name? What the fuck is going on?"

"My name is Caroline, I am what you call an Artificial Intelligence, I serve as this ships user interface and analytics program."

"Ok so you are an AI. That still doesn't answer how the hell you know my name." I said defiantly

"Well initial scan of your form and brain waves gave me your names and allowed me access your language centers so that I may communicate with you. I apologize for the inconvenience and intrusive means it won't happen again." She said matter of factly.

She continued "It appears your friend Feline merely fainted; her vitals are steady but she is under a great amount of stress at the moment compounded by a slight concussion to her skull which seems to be recent."

"Ya she hit her head on the desk during the quake. Is she going to be alright?" I asked inquisitively.

"Yes she will be alright with rest; she is not in any physical danger however her mental state is somewhat fragile at the moment." She replied.

"What gives you the right to scan me and access my brain centers without my consent? Not sure where you come from but that is just fucking rude. Pardon my French." I said authoritatively.

"I apologize; I only accessed what was needed to be able to communicate with you. If it is necessary to scan you further, I will ask for your consent you have my word." She said apologetically.

"Apology accepted." I replied.

I continued, "Although I love the female form as much as the next hot-blooded male can you please put some clothes on? you are um... quite distracting?" I said as I looking away visibly bushing.

"Yes I apologize, I used a form desired by you the most. Does this work for you?" she replied.

With that the AI's skin, if that what you called it, appeared to transform into a tight fitting outfit that did nothing to quell the growing erection in my pants.

"Um... Yes, thank you. Soooo I'm guessing you were not created by humans, we definitely don't have tech like you lying around or none that I've ever heard of or seen for that matter." I stated.

"You are correct in that assumption. I am a user interface for a much larger living electronic intelligence or AI as you call it in your language." She responded

"What do you mean living?" I said questioningly

"I will answer your questions in due time but planet wide sensors indicate another seismic wave is approaching this location which has the potential to collapse this subterranean cavern. I suggest we bring your partner aboard this shuttle for both your safeties and all will be revealed." She said with urgency.

"Can you help me get Feline inside?" I asked

As she turned slightly beckoning me inside as she replied, "Go on ahead I will dispatch medical to bring her aboard."

As I started to enter the ship I saw the wall open up and two smaller crystal type structures move in to position in front of Feline's head and one at her feet. A beam of soft purple light enveloped her body and lifted her off the ground. The crystals floated Felines unconscious body through the open wall into the bright white hall. As we stepped inside the rectangular room the outer wall we came in from appeared to close as another aftershock ripped through the cave. As the outer door closed I could see rocks and debris falling in large chunks into the chamber. I thought to myself, "The AI was correct. How the hell did it know?" I put my thoughts on hold as walked into center of the chamber. Out of nowhere a flat section raised up underneath Feline. It appeared to contour to her body as the light of the crystals faded. As the crystals moved back to the wall where they came from I noticed the floor seemed to raise up underneath of me enveloping me in a very comfortable captain's chair.

The AI spoke, "Please relax while I tend to your partner?"

"How the hell did you know that there was going to be another earthquake?" I asked.

"I am connected to trillions of nanoparticle sensors across this planet that live stream data to my processing core. I can accurately predict and model all planetary activity." She answered as she tended to Feline.

"How long have you been here?" I said staring at her.

She replied "My sensors have been on this planet since the seed." reading between the lines though she continued, "I have been waiting many millions of years for a seed species of sufficient intelligence to access this ship. However this planet was hit by an asteroid in the past. I was unable to escape. The ship was buried deep enough that I could not initiate my jump drive. So to conserve energy I have been in hibernation waiting for weather and erosion to break the ship free." She explained

The seed? What was she referring to? Has she really been around for millions of years? Is that even possible? I sat there in stunned silence contemplating everything she had just said and still not understanding the real picture.

As the AI checked over Feline and answered Nate's questions, unbeknownst to them the ship used the earthquake to free itself from the ground creating a sinkhole in the river bed. The AI subroutines started running calculations as the engines started spooling up the inertial dampening and artificial gravity system kicked in seamlessly. A quite calming hum buzzed through the ship. After reestablishing an active data link to the main core the active cloaking system turned on to hide its presence as the ground gave way around it. Lightning and thunder boomed all around as the wind whipped rain was falling in sheets. Inside the ship it was calm, quiet and business as usual.

The ship ascended slowly at first gaining distance from the surface and exiting the Earth's orbit shooting off at a high velocity using its gravitron repulsion drive. A second Ion drive spun up pushing the ship ever faster towards the fifth planet in this solar system, the gas giant named Jupiter. As it approached the planet a large structure started to rise from the swirling gases. It rose from inside the great red spot of Jupiter. The ship was close to eighteen thousand kilometers tall by ten thousand kilometers wide. It looked like a larger version of the crystal the AI was shaped around but on an unimaginable scale resembling an elongated diamond.

Back on Earth multiple things were happening simultaneously...

The radar station at Sky Harbor airport picked up a ship that did not match anything of the registry setting off alarms and calls to the military even as the signature disappeared not long after it was first identified.

Dr. Vernon a NASA space engineer reviewing images of the Red spot on Jupiter that were coming in from their satellite launch a fee years ago noticed the ship ascending orbit. Since the images were being broadcast live from the website and simulcast on YouTube she immediately cut the live feed reaching out to her superiors to alert the president while she looked on in amazement at the site in front of her. Definitive proof that we are not alone in the universe and aliens are here right in our solar system. However the feed wasn't cut fast enough and a few lucky people were able to record the live stream and within hours were starting to post the captured video on the web as well as contacting news outlets. News outlets were responding in kind by reaching out to NASA to get confirmation but were given the cold shoulder treatment.

At the same time President Isaiah Jones was being ushered into the presidential ready room under the White House to address some of his military advisers and assembled staff some of whom were still on their way.

"Attention!!" stated the Marine posted outside the room. As everyone stood and turned towards the president in salute.

"At ease everyone" The President stated as he took his seat. "What the hell is going on Lucas, I was just sitting down to dinner. You know I absolutely hate to be interrupted when Mrs. McCormick makes her southern fried catfish and Mac'n'cheese."

Thinking to himself, Lucas thought, Mrs. McCormick the white house chef arguably makes the best southern food in the U.S.. So he understood President Jones' dismay. "I'm truly sorry sir but we have a situation. A Ship emerged from the red spot on Jupiter."

"Lucas, you better not be pulling my fucking leg with this crap, what kind of ship?" the president retorted.

"We are still gathering information but our initial estimates show a ship on a scale that we can't possibly fathom. Let's just say that this ship was responsible for the storm on Jupiter. It's about the size of our planet."

"What the fuck, how have we not seen it until now? Where did it come from?" the president said demandingly.

"From the surface of Jupiter sir. But other than that I have no Idea sir." Lucas responded

"Where is it now?" asked the president.

"Right now it is in a stationary orbit around Jupiter. We are re-tasking all available satellites in the area and around Jupiter, as well as training the Hubble telescope to gather more information but with the time delay it's taking a bit, sir." Lucas answered.

"Show me." The President stated.

"Yes sir, right away sir." Lucas said as he turned to the tech to his right. "Chase, pull up the live feed from the Jupiter Space Probe One on the main screen please for the President."

"My God we are truly not alone in the universe." President Jones said aloud as he looked at the screen in utter disbelief of the sight before him. As he continued "Lucas, we need to get ahead of this before panic ensues."

"Already on it sir, The NSA and homeland have been taking the videos down as fast as they get posted and are squashing it as much as possible but we won't be able to hold off this kind of story forever. Luckily the Earthquake in Arizona is getting most front page headlines." Lucas said, continuing ""Another thing sir."

"What else?" President Jones said inquiringly.

Lucas explained "After the earthquake in Arizona a radar station at Sky Harbor airport picked up a ship that did not match anything on our registry setting off alarms and calls to the military. The ship was tracked accelerating towards space at impossible speeds before we lost track of the signal. We think this is related to the ship on Jupiter, sir." Continuing, "We are going to have to get out ahead of this and address the people of the world as soon as possible."

"Agreed, but hold it off as much as possible. This is just all too much at the moment. Either way I want a speech drafted and ready in one hour that I can start prepping for the address. I also want a conference call with all our allies and foreign leaders tonight. Prepare all secondary and tertiary measures. We will need to mobilize all National Guard and Military personnel as well as freeze all markets tomorrow when this goes live. I need answers though. My address is going to spark fears everywhere, and I want to dispel as much as possible when we go live with this in the morning." The president advised

Lucas responded "Yes sir, it will be done." continuing, "by the way sir, you have already received calls from half a dozen other countries asking for you."

"I will get with them in time, next, where the fuck is General Daniels? Get him in here as soon as possible. We are going to Defcon 2. I need military readiness plans. I also want the world's foremost experts in every field fully vetted by the CIA and secret service and in a conference call with me this ASAP. Get our best people on this immediately. This is going to be a long night." The president stated.

The Defcon indicator on the wall shifted from the Blue 5 to Red 2.

Lucas responded "Yes sir, consider it done sir. You heard him everyone, Get it done people."

A loud resounding, "Yes Sir" was heard in the ready room as everyone started running to work on all the Presidents requests.

President Jones leaned back in his chair at the head of the table looking at his generals and advisors. Lost in thought at the momentous occasion.

12