All Comments on 'The Compassionate Reporter'

by sr71plt

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

This doesn't work as a stand-alone - will there be further chapters?

sr71pltsr71pltabout 11 years agoAuthor
Eh what?

Do you mean am I going to put a happy ending on it? Because I can't get why you think it's not a standalone story. No, I'm not. I try to give my readers wide variety in my stories. This happens to be one reminding guys that sometimes life bites you in the keister and isn't fair. I try not to write in one dimension.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
It stands alone just fine.

There are many ways the story can go from here. Sometimes it is good the author let's us finish it how we see it. I see lots of sadness and damaged people.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

This is a stand alone for sure. And a left alone. Even though the reader is greatly tempted to imagine just how much worse this "story" could get.

andy190andy190about 11 years ago
Disappointed

Sorry mate. I am one of your BIGGEST fans but I didn't enjoy this at all. Not in your class. You can write sexy, romantic, nasty, short and long and in the past I have always found some empathy with your witing. Nope, not for me.

nanobotnanobotabout 11 years ago
Another brilliant experiment.

How brave this story was...you are the most impartial observer. This is on par with the noir of Dashiell Hammett and the dark realism of Edna Ferber. You do not mold your characters, rather better, you birth them. Like most people they shape fate through faults of subjective reasoning. They are not victims but engineers of personal disaster. Have you ever read 'The Devoted Friend' by Oscar Wilde?

The final line of your story is the brilliant finish of a story teller who, like a good chef, desires that the gourmet is left with a lingering memory with the last bite.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usersr71plt@sr71plt
Former SR71 pilot, currently professional writer and book editor; writes under name "habu" on other erotica sites. My erotica books can be found under the author name habu or Dirk Hessian (and coauthored books with Sabb under the names Shabbu or Stephen Kessel) at S...