All Comments on 'The Condos'

by Grey Eagle 286

Sort by:
  • 19 Comments
bruce22bruce22over 13 years ago
There are good parts and weak parts.

It reads more like romance to me than loving wives. Though I guess the dancing and the visit from Alfie puts it in that class since they generate a little tension. There are some fine ideas but the dialogue is a bit wearing...

Thanks for all your work.

tomscardstomscardsover 13 years ago
thanks

up to your normal standards.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
5 Stars.

Good story. Thanks.

BigJohn601BigJohn601over 13 years ago
This is a stimulating feel-good story!!!!

One of your best, Thanks!!!!

hodunkhodunkover 13 years ago
The Condos WOW !!

What a story !! Another spell binder. If only I could write like that I would be estatic . Whata story THANK YOU !! Can't wait for whats next.

maxx308maxx308over 13 years ago
Fantastic story

5 stars easily. You are rapidly becoming my favorite author. Thank you for sharing your work with us.

hawkeye007hawkeye007over 13 years ago
Something is bothering me

I think Chuck should have gotten to know Sue better better before he marrried her. When he told her forcefully to get rid of Alfie, she ignored his concerns. This does not bode well for their future. That issue was not resolved to my satisfaction. I think that she does not respect him as much as she claims she does.

demantoiddemantoidover 13 years ago
Man was I surprised...

At how I disliked this story. The love story/romance was never credible...happened too quickly and the two main characters were way too fairytale. The attempt at describing opulence and sophistication was uncomfortable. It seemed like a middle class description of "Life Styles of the Rich and Famous". The tries at creating tension fell flat with the daughters character very one dimensional and cliched. The Alfie interlude fizzled...badly. The dance tension FLACCID. This story was just a series of scenes from a poorly "made for tv movie". I normally very much enjoy this author's work...just not this time

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
I liked it BUT...

I understand the whole love at first sight thing that happened and can even see it, but Annie calling him Daddy after 1 day. Not likely. The ending (dance contest) help to show what a weak relationship they have right now. He shares everything and would do anything for her, but she is still keeping secrets and wouldn't even obey him when her life and marriage were on the line. Really detracted from the story built in the first 5 pages.

oldwayneoldwayneover 13 years ago
I gave you 5 Stars, but...

you almost lost me in that last chapter. Trust is central to any worthwhile relationship.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago

The one huge problem I have with this story - and any other I've read of this author so far - is the strange dynamic between man and woman. The hook-ups and marriages are in some cases instant but always happen super-fast. Once they are in a relationship, the partner or husband immediately decides to call it quits at every hint of unfaithfulness, whether warranted or not.

Maybe Grey Eagle's characters are all modeled after the same archetype, I don't know, but the way he writes them can't make for a very successful relationship down the line.

A marriage that is built to last will naturally be tested often enough over the years. If a husband never fully trusted his wife or never gave her the tiniest benefit of doubt, I don't see much of a future for them. That's exactly what Grey Eagle wants me to believe ... but after having read the third or fourth story of this kind, I can't suspend my disbelief anymore and ignore everything that is wrong in the couples' relationships!

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 9 years ago
It is an interesting plot device -

The love at first sight for 2 strong powerful personalities then get married yesterday and figure out to live together during the next year or so LOL!?

But it would, as it does in these stories, leave them open to huge mistakes, misunderstandings and misreads. That leads these strong people to make direct, deliberate and decisive decisions for the wrong reasons. I get saying you will fight for her in one paragraph then walking away in the next without a word - you will fight for something if it still exists the second it is gone you will walk away from the rubble and not look back. No point in fighting fro something that is already gone.

But that high and low is almost guaranteed in these whirlwind romances. With lot's of know;ledge missing and details that assume facts not present etc.

Makes an interesting roller coaster but these seem to find a way to work out in the end.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Proper use of pronouns

Like so many authors I've read on this site, you never learned a simple rule to determine whether to use 'I' or 'me', 'him' or 'he', 'them' or 'they', nor any other pronoun when combined with another person.

It's really simple. Just leave out all the words pertaining to the other person or persons and restate the sentence... For example: "Mr. Murphy, I'm looking for a new home for my daughter and I." Nope! Wrong usage of the "I'. Leave out "my daughter and", and try it. "Mr. Murphy, I'm looking for a new home for I." Not even close to correct. Change it to "me" and try again. "Mr. Murphy, I'm looking for a new home for me." Better, but still no cigar! "Mr. Murphy, I'm looking for a new home for myself." NOW, that sounds right, and it is. So incorporate that into the original sentence... "Mr. Murphy, I'm looking for a new home for my daughter and myself." It sounds much better, because it's the correct word to use.

PLEASE start using this simple rule. At least if you continue writing.

Too bad this site doesn't have a category for "Utterly Absurd Fairy Tales"... your stories would fit much better in that category! If your superheros and breathtakingly beautiful women are so wonderful, why are they still available after graduating from grade school? As quickly as they jump into an intimate relationship without bothering to get to know one another, they should be leaving hundreds of broken hearts strewn in their wake.

I think you're just using this forum to live out your own fantasies of what woulda, coulda, shoulda been your life. Pathetic!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Everything was just too "sudden"

These two people get together. They're both used to getting their way with things. They're both leery of the opposite sex. They're both hard nosed business people. And all of a sudden they throw caution and all their lifes experiences to the wind and get married? Implausible at best. At the end he wants to divorce her because she doesn't immediately obey him? Given her personality why would he expect that he could give her any order, without discussion and under a serious threat and have her just obey him? Too many inconsistencies for my taste. I've enjoyed your stories in the past. This one just missed the mark. Maybe next time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
you should realy rate your stuff to women romance stuff :)

every some lines someone is shedding some tears in one way or the other, seems the eyes are the most moist issue in most of your stories which last longer then a two pages.

you are free to post whatever you like as I am free to choose some more talented authors as well

fisheronefisheroneabout 6 years ago
Relationship

First you never allow a man to sleep under husbands roof without talking to him first and then refuse to have him leave at husbands request. Then just as things settled down Sue erotically dances with a male knowing husband is going to drop in. It appears that she has a lot of learning to become a long term spouse. To disrespect a man under his roof and work are hard to repair .

CumminginsiderherCumminginsiderherover 3 years ago
Not bad but

Nowhere near your best. Lots of missed opportunities here.

InfosaugerInfosaugerover 3 years ago

Ok, I admit I was looking forward to more sex between daughter and Charles and maybe even threesomes.

But nevertheless a very good story.

AnonymousAnonymous29 days ago

Too much fantasy. And while she acted stupidly and was trusting at the end, she is a seasoned professional and married to the MC. Alfie is a monster and she should have heeded his warnings, but he did a poor job of communicating. And once he learned of the threat, wouldn't he drop everything? Arrange for someone to get to their home? Instead it is like she failed an obedience test, and he is at first adamant about moving her out. Wtf? Yes she was stupidly trusting, and did not listen to his warnings, but he also communicated then to her in an absurd way. He could have spent the time to have a dull conversation with her and explain WHY Alfie was such a threat. But nope, gives ultimatum, and he has a plane to catch. F$ck that! And then he is intransigent even after she beat up Alfie when he made his move to tape her, and only when she explains she never let Alfie humiliate her husband. Oh joy! Now he can forgive her. Wtf? MC comes off as a selfish sshole. And the characters are too amazing to be so unattached. Sue hasn't dated in 20 years? Like reading the strained plot from a B-level superhero movie.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous