All Comments on 'The Convertible - Hot Wheels'

by NewOldGuy77

Sort by:
  • 24 Comments
AZTT2AZTT2almost 3 years ago

Great story and you know I like the TR2 being a big part of the story

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyalmost 3 years ago

Most enjoyable story!

5

oldsage_1oldsage_1almost 3 years ago

Been with you since the very first episode of this series and enjoyed every one of them. This one was a stretch to suspend reality far enough to get submerged in the fantasy. I'll give you a five on this one for your time and past performance. I'll check back in a few days to see how the comments go. I may be just having a bad night.

Enjoy Paradise!

Cheers

SAGE

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I've thoroughly enjoyed every story in this series. You've done a fine job, and I expect you'll keep up the good work.

I look forward to your next offering.

AzureAshAzureAshalmost 3 years ago

@Anon -- There's a reason why this is one of the lengthiest and most emotionally complex pieces written by the Author.

Is it possible to forgive after being hurt like that? Is it possible for the guilty to make a meaningful change?

Well, love while being the most divine thing is also the most human thing ever. The scope and meaning and powers of love cannot be captured within the confines of a definition. They are only felt and made felt.

Who doesn't make mistakes? Even the gods do. But to those who make mistakes, love bequeaths them the power to make a meaningful change. And to those who were hurt because of such mistakes, love shows them the importance of forgiveness.

@NewOldGuy77 -- My heartfelt thank you to you for writing and sharing this beautiful story with us.

chris73170chris73170almost 3 years ago
loved it

old guy i needed this one after some shit went down in my life this past weekend. I hope you write another chapter with barb in it. Sounds like she can be a real ball buster with a kind inner core.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Another enjoyable read. I did think that it was a stretch for a TR2 to out perform any vehicle made in the last 30 yeas even if it was slightly modified. The joy of those old vehicles is that it feels like you are going fast even when you aren't. That being said, I still loved it. Thank you and I look forward to your next one.

maxsteelemaxsteelealmost 3 years ago
So is this it?

Is this the last we'll see of the TR2 or will Barb restore it and the story will continue?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I loved it. This is one of the masterpieces at thus website.

RRC2RRC2almost 3 years ago

Great fun.

I love the way OldGuy takes a familiar phrase and turns on it. So much fun.

Great read.

THANKS

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

great story....but webers instead of the su's sacrilege

JuanaSalsaJuanaSalsaover 2 years ago

Ahhh... This was so cathartic after the last one. I'm so happy that Rose and Bella reconciled. Of course Julia is great and Landon is a big sweetie. My favorite part was Julia's seduction, that made my heart happy. =]

ScorpioJJScorpioJJover 2 years ago

Couldn't get past Julia using the word "ableist" in such a denigrating way to Landon when they just met. Sometimes people just want to be helpful. I have worked with handicapped people and ADA for many years but not everyone has experience like that. There was no need for the vitriol when he tried to push her to the car. She can tell him nicely what she wants without using words like that. I liked the other stories in this series and might come back to this someday but not today.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Please, sir, some more?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

He is an idiot for taking her back, first one of these stories I'm rating lower than 5*. The cheating was bad enough but the twin-switch was the worst part. It was a cold, premediated act of betrayal. She may not be a serial cheater but she made a choice to go to a party instead of spending a night with her boyfriend and covered for it in the worst way.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I can understand forgiveness after all her apologizing and his ex's underhanded crap. But he should have had an honest heart to heart scene with her. " You didn't screw the guy, but you were all over him, kissed him. I'm willing to forgive you and take you back, but ...under the condition that you know you have to earn back my trust, and if I ever, Ever, find you stepping out on me, you can take a long roll off a short pier, and be glad I won't be there to push the wheelchair then. "

Instead he BEGGED. For her back as if he should have to. That was just degrading. And Rose should have apologized to him first as well.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I’m hoping Barb’s story is in the works & will be posted soon. I’m looking forward to reading it.

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyover 1 year ago

Great series! Thanks

EVLoverEVLoverover 1 year ago

Thank you for sharing some of the challenges that disabled folks get to deal with on a regular basis.

When Julia was telling Landon about some of her challenges in getting around, I was reminded of the days when my daughters were still in diapers and my wife and I had our own extra challenges transporting them around... dealing with diaper bags, car seats, strollers, etc., etc. It sounded like disabled challenges were like baby challenges...only on steroids.

Finally, I look forward to your upcoming "Welding Burns" story as a continuing episode of The Convertible saga. You mentioned that you were working on it in your July 7, 2022 Biography note. I'd like to see how the Triumph impacts Barb's love life.

AllNigherAllNigherabout 1 year ago

Agree with anonymous 10mo ago. I was ok with the reconciliation but if did seem lone here had to win her back inn a degrading way at the end... but nice story overall. Lots of people growing and learning.

dgfergiedgfergieabout 1 year ago

As usual a good story as some see it but I will not comment on it as it brings back so many sad times.

Ravey19Ravey198 months ago

Lovely change of emphasis.

woodrangewoodrange5 months ago

Ableist !!! cool word.

OhiobenzOhiobenz3 months ago

Leopards change spots when pigs fly.

Being drunk only removes inhibitions and reveals the true person.

Having low self esteem is an emotion that comes and goes unpredictably.

Lying is a character flaw, lying to someone who has shown they hold you in high value is nothing less than evidence of a lack of respect.

He should have moved on - she's inherently toxic.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userNewOldGuy77@NewOldGuy77
Male, living on the Pacific coast. I can see Japan from my house! UPDATE: January 1st, 2023 Currently experiencing an extended writer's block. What's up with that?!?!?! Most of my stories are longer ones. For those of you who invest the time to read them, I thank you, a...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories