All Comments on 'The Convertible - Kiss from a Rose'

by NewOldGuy77

Sort by:
  • 14 Comments
far_wanderer1984far_wanderer1984over 3 years ago

Great read, look forward to Landon's story.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 3 years ago

This is a wonderful series of stories!

5

RABSTARABSTAover 3 years ago
I like British sports cars.

The Tr2 is not my favorite, but I am enjoying this entire series. I can't wait for the next episode. I guess Landon will be the next one to find true love due to the Triumph.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
101 Winchester pump?

A Winchester 101 is an over/under configuration. They were made in Japan by Miroku Firearms Mfg. Though not the most favored of the time they were a well made and 'pretty' shotgun. If the gun in question was really a pump, it was most likely a Model 12 or a newer model 1200. Just FYI, not a complaint about this otherwise entertaining story.

oldsage_1oldsage_1over 3 years ago

Wonderful story! You have come a long way as a writer since “Blue Ridge Romance”. This one was a real master piece written very believably from the woman’s perspective with good dialogue, good character development with a smooth flow and fast paced. Easy read drawing the reader into the here and now of the story.

Uncle Nelson’s talk with Rose was a master stroke that allowed the happy ever after ending and all because Big Ben developed a hoof problem! You are good, my friend.

There are so many BTB stories on this site it was refreshing to read a BTP (Burn The Prick) even as a sub plot along with the conniving daughter and back stabbing sister and friends.

This story deserves a 4.8+ rating and gets a solid 5 stars from me. Looking forward to the next Convertible fantasy.

Enjoy the Central Coast! Miss Pismo but enjoy being close to my 4 Grand Kids more.

Life is good!

Cheers

SAGE

robo057robo057over 3 years ago
Awesome

I have really enjoyed this series to date and this one is no exception. Always waiting

for the next instalment and haven't been disappointed yet. Keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
OK

but not the best of this series. Of course, maybe you just set the bar so high.

In the other stories, the car figured more prominently and served as a hook, or link between characters. This time, not so much.

Flar1958Flar1958over 3 years ago
Hey Sattletramp what did you do to NEWOLDGUY?

I was so happy to read your newest story and so disapointed i nearly skiped reading.

Your writing as good as always but the story dont put it for me. To point a gun to somebody especially your sibling really bad taste. And the TR gets half a sentence.

It has been every story without it. So get back to the first 6 parts and try again. This is a sidekick at most.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Rose is mean

What an abrasive, vindictive woman! Rose seemed to enjoy feeling wronged just so she would be justified in hurting her enemies. She relished avenging with abandon.

NewOldGuy77NewOldGuy77over 3 years agoAuthor

“Rose is mean”?

That’s the point! Dude, the description literally says “Rose has anger issues.”

AZTT2AZTT2over 3 years ago

The story was good and interesting characters. It feels a bit out of place in the series. Not enough of the story is driven by the car.

JuanaSalsaJuanaSalsaover 2 years ago

Well written as always! I kinda don't like Rose though, lol. Probably would like her more if we weren't seeing her at her worst. It's nice that Russ is so empathetic and kind and persistent. She's quite lucky.

Ravey19Ravey198 months ago

Rose is one hell of a woman once her ire is up. Brilliant story.

NicealloverNicealloverabout 2 months ago

Rose is a great character, she is resilient and I loved her inner monologue. The plot was a bit more complicated than it needed to be but I enjoyed it nonetheless.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userNewOldGuy77@NewOldGuy77
Male, living on the Pacific coast. I can see Japan from my house! UPDATE: January 1st, 2023 Currently experiencing an extended writer's block. What's up with that?!?!?! Most of my stories are longer ones. For those of you who invest the time to read them, I thank you, a...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories