The Council Ch. 12

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She was looking forward to seeing Ashleigh. She had hoped to see her yesterday when she stopped by the compound but her illness had put paid to that. Cedar had reported that Ash was doing great and Loretta was looking forward to seeing that for herself. Now she was mated to Nors, the little blonde would be so much more balanced and well on the road to recovery.

Loretta expected her shower to be invaded by Andrei and was surprised when it wasn't. She frowned as she dried off. What the fuck was wrong with him? Had he suddenly gone off her or something? He was insatiable when it came to sex and suddenly he didn't want to touch her?

She felt a moment's unease. He hadn't touched her since they had fully mated. Was he fighting the mating again? Did he think he could change his mind about it? Her concern quickly changed to irritation again as her anger rose swiftly. She was going to have it out with him. He would tell her what was on his mind whether he wanted to or not.

She was vaguely aware that her emotions seemed to be all over the place at the moment but she ignored it. Andrei Romanov had some explaining to do and if she didn't like what she heard he was going to be in serious trouble.

Andrei threw an arm over his eyes and lay in bed listening to Loretta shower. He didn't have the first clue what to do and it was driving him insane. He always knew what he was doing or if he didn't, he quickly worked it out. This situation was just so alien to him he was floundering and he had no one to talk to about it. Usually he would discuss things with Alexei but he couldn't this time.

He ached to be with his wolf. Denying her the night before had almost killed him and knowing she was naked in the shower was sending a whole host of erotic imagery running through his mind. He was hard and aching for her and yet, he was terrified to touch her.

Would he hurt the baby by making love to her? He didn't know anything about pregnancies and what the 'dos and don'ts' were. He would need to look it up because he wasn't going to last being without his woman. He needed her. He wanted her. God, he had to have her or he'd go mad. And yet, he denied himself and her for fear of inadvertently doing any harm to the child.

He muttered a frustrated growl and got up. Lying in bed imagining the water cascading down Loretta's lithe form was too much. He needed to get dressed and out of the bedroom before he gave in to his needs and ravished her sexy body. He was just pulling his jeans on when the object of his painful erection walked back into the bedroom, her hair wet and tangled, a towel wrapped around her body.

His mouth watered at the sight but he finished buttoning his jeans and reached for a shirt. He would contain himself if it was the last thing that he ever did. If felt like it was going to be. His woman could bring him to his knees just by looking at him.

"Where are you going?" Loretta growled irritation lacing her tone. "I don't have to be at the compound for another couple of hours. I thought we could spend some time together before I had to leave."

He knew exactly how she envisioned they would spend some time together. It was written all over her lovely face and her eyes were dark with desire. Her expression made his mouth water even more and his body strain against his jeans. He pulled his shirt on and looked away.

"I've got some things to get done this morning," he lied. It was only a little lie. He knew he could easily find a mountain of things to do. The first was finding out about pregnancies and babies so he could be prepared for what was to come. Maybe if he had some knowledge then he wouldn't feel so off balance about everything.

Loretta felt her temper spark as her mate turned away from her. She couldn't believe he was actually going to blow her off again. She had seen the lie in his eyes before he looked away. He didn't want her! "This is because you saw me vomit yesterday, isn't it?" she snapped angrily, though her voice quivered slightly as she suddenly felt unsure of herself. "It turned your stomach, didn't it? Made me unattractive to you."

His head whipped around and he stared at her in surprise. "Where the fuck did that come from?" he asked in a puzzled tone, a spark of anger flaring in his eyes. "Of course I don't find you unattractive. I've seen a lot worse than someone throwing up too. I don't know where you got that stupid notion from." He was genuinely puzzled. Understanding the way a woman's mind worked sometimes was an impossible task.

"Well if it's not that then you explain to me why I'm suddenly so repulsive to you," she bit back jabbing a finger hard against his chest to emphasise her words. His rejection of her was confusing and also hurtful.

Andrei sighed deeply and caught her wrist, almost groaning out loud at the contact. "I do not find you repulsive," he said slowly, spacing each word to make sure she got the message. "I told you I had things to do this morning." He saw a brief flash of hurt cross her face and he felt his heart twist hard in his chest. Why was doing the right thing so hard?

"If I'm not repulsive to you then why the fuck haven't you touched me since yesterday morning?" she demanded, her eyes flashing furiously. "You have barely kissed me since we mated in the forest. It's as if I'm suddenly abhorrent to you. Why don't you want me anymore, Andrei?"

Her ridiculous claim angered him and he dropped her wrist and turned away from the fury in her face. He didn't want to react to it. He didn't want to see the hurt in her eyes either. He had to do the right thing until he was certain he wouldn't harm her or the baby.

"You're being ridiculous," he said, his words coming out sounding cold and hard. He grimaced as he heard his tone. He should be reassuring her, comforting her but he was afraid to touch her. He'd lose control if he did.

Loretta stared at his back feeling a lump in her throat. His coldness hurt. The way he had stiffened at her accusation terrified her. She must have guessed correctly. He didn't want her anymore.

She swallowed hard against the lump, blinked against the sudden moisture in her eyes as her fear started to mount. He was withdrawing from her and she didn't know why. "That's it, isn't it?" she demanded hoarsely. "You don't want me anymore. You've decided you don't want to be mated to me, haven't you, Andrei?"

Andrei spun around, his eyes flashing furiously as he pinned her with a hard glare. He couldn't believe she actually thought that was true, that she trusted him so little it was easy for her to think so.

His control snapped and he reached for her, pressing her hard against the wall and grinding his aching body against her. "Does that feel as if I don't want you?" he growled loudly, picking her up so he could press his cock hard between her legs. Fury blazed through him and also desire. His hard aching need for her pushed him to the edge.

He ground against her, threading a hand in her wet hair and tugging sharply so he could tilt her mouth for a hard, punishing kiss. He moaned against her soft lips, his lust soaring high as she whimpered against his mouth, her arms fastening around his neck. Her words kept ringing in his ears, fuelling his anger and heightening his lust.

He forgot all of his good intentions and lost himself in her sweetness. His touch gentled slightly but he was still close to the edge, still so fired up that he knew their coming together was going to be swift and so incredibly satisfying.

He ripped the towel away from her body and freed his cock from his jeans. His heated gaze trailed down her naked, wet skin and he growled loudly and fastened his lips on one hard nipple, sucking the nub into his mouth and pulling hard on it. A part of his mind was telling him to be gentle but it was small part. The rest of him was on fire for her as he tugged and pulled at her tender peaks ruthlessly as she cried out and pressed her delicious body wantonly into his mouth.

"Look at me," he growled softly, waiting for his wolf to open her eyes and meet his as he raised his head and pressed his cock firmly up and down her soaking wet slit. Her glazed eyes met his and he felt his lust soar higher as he stared into their smoky depths.

He thrust into her honeyed warmth in one swift move, riding up hard until she was impaled on his cock. "Say that to me again, Loretta," he demanded hoarsely. "Open your mouth once more and tell me I don't fucking want you."

He withdrew and thrust hard again, slamming into her and dragging a loud cry from her lips and a louder one from his own as her beautiful body wrapped around his aching cock and welcomed him home.

Loretta couldn't catch her breath. Andrei's assault had been so swift it had taken her by surprise. Her wolf growled happily as their mate joined with them in such a primal fashion. It felt glorious and she could only shudder as his cock slid deep within her and his eyes glittered with lust as he kept her gaze pinned with hers.

"Andrei," she groaned softly, holding on as he pulled back and thrust into her again. Sweet bliss shuddered through her body as he stroked into her with hard, forceful movements. He was letting her know with his body and his words how much he wanted her, how much he desired her. And she loved every moment of it.

Andrei tried to get some semblance of control, tried to remember that he should be gentle with her but she was responding to him with a need as fierce as his, egging him on to take her deep and hard. He trust into her again, her silken walls caressing his cock and making the breath hiss out of his mouth.

His woman was spectacular, so lusty and sensual and he couldn't stop riding her sexy body with fierce strokes as he pushed them both quickly towards their completion. His body was on fire for her. His soul craved her very essence as they rode together in sweet bliss.

He could feel her shaking around him, her sweet moans ringing in his ears as he felt the tension build within him. His fangs elongated and he pierced her neck swiftly, groaning as her sweet blood filled his eager mouth.

Loretta screamed when Andrei bit her, her body exploding in white hot pleasure as the combination of him feeding and stroking deep within her tipped her over the edge. She shuddered wildly her heart hammering in her chest, her breath coming out in harsh pants as she rode her climax.

Andrei followed her almost instantly. She could feel his wolf knot forming but he didn't press for entry into her body, instead his strokes turned shallower as he licked the side of her neck to close her wound and threw his head back and growled his release loudly.

He held her trembling body for a long moment as he gathered his wits about him and then he slowly lowered her to the floor, his quick gaze checking that she was okay. The guilt began to sink in immediately. He had taken her like an animal, with little care for her well being or the child's. What kind of a bastard did that make him?

His expression closed off and he quickly stepped away from her, fastening his jeans and grabbing his boots, keys and jacket. "Don't ever say I don't want you again, Loretta," he said quietly, his tone sounding harsh because of his conflicted emotions. He strode out of the room without a backward glance.

Loretta stared after his retreating back, the warmth she had just been feeling quickly evaporating. She felt tears start to gather in her eyes again and she shook them away angrily, wondering why the hell she suddenly wanted to cry every five bloody minutes or so. She would not cry over the stupid asshole. She refused to. She didn't know what the hell was wrong with him but he was bloody well going to tell her tonight after the meeting or she'd beat the crap out of him.

Uttering a deep sigh she turned and headed back into the shower to clean up again. She couldn't stop the little smile that suddenly curved over her lips. At least she knew he still wanted her. He had been quite forceful with that little lesson and it had been truly glorious. Her wolf concurred and Loretta sighed again as her mood shifted once more and she was suddenly trying to balance being happy with feeling sad and also wanting to kick the shit out of her vampire. Being with Andrei really was a complete minefield at times.

*****

Ashleigh could see that Loretta was upset about something but was trying to hide it. She wanted to ask what it was but figured her friend would tell her if she really wanted to. She decided to grab a book and read a little while she waited for the Beta to finish changing.

Ashleigh felt good. Everything appeared to be going well in her life. She was thriving being back around her own people, enjoying the communal aspects of pack life once more. She didn't even falter when she passed the memorial anymore. Sometimes she even stopped and laid a hand on it for a brief moment before continuing on her way to wherever she was going.

Something had changed within her. Maybe it was working at the Bookstore or her mating with Nors, she wasn't sure which one it was but life felt good. She felt happy for the first time in a very long time. She was smiling quietly to herself when Loretta returned to the sitting room having changed into jeans and a button down sweater, her hair freshly washed and dried.

"I know that look," Loretta laughed softly. "Let me guess? You're thinking of Nors?" Her laughter increased when she saw the faint pink blush cross the younger woman's face even as her smile widened further. It was so wonderful to see the changes in Ashleigh, how much freer she was around the compound, how she quite literally glowed whenever her mate's name was spoken.

Her own lips tightened as she thought of Andrei. He'd called a couple of times during the day but she'd been pretty abrupt with him, claiming to be busy and unable to talk. Her lack of communication had irritated his already bad mood and both calls had ended rather frostily.

Loretta stifled down a sigh and smiled at Ashleigh. "You ready to go?"

They headed out to Loretta's car, the younger woman glancing sideways at her Beta. It was so obvious Loretta was unhappy about something. "Did you and Andrei have a fight?" she finally asked as she settled into the passenger side and pulled her seatbelt on.

Loretta sighed deeply and rolled her eyes. "He's enough to try the patience of a saint sometimes," she admitted but her lips twitched in a little smile as she spoke. "Life certainly isn't dull when he's around." Her tone was warm and her smile widened a bit more.

Ashleigh found herself smiling too. She didn't know Loretta's mate. Tonight would be the first time she would meet him. She had heard a lot about him though and was a bit worried about the meeting.

Her friend's ill humour hadn't really been settling her nerves any either. Now she could practically sense the hum of excitement rushing through Loretta at the prospect of being with her mate soon. Despite her annoyance with him she still couldn't wait to be with him. That settled Ashleigh's nerves slightly and she settled back in her seat as Loretta pulled out of the compound.

Caleb didn't stay that far from pack lands but they had left a lot later than everyone else mainly because Loretta had been tied up with a pack member for longer than anticipated. They would most probably be the last ones to get there but Ashleigh had called Nors and let him know they were going to be late and to start the meeting without them and they'd catch up with whatever was going on.

Loretta had just pulled onto the main road which cut through the forest when the car suddenly rocked violently and veered to the side. Ashleigh let out an involuntary scream as the car fishtailed and there was a loud bang from the rear and also on the roof. A second later the scent of vampires filled her nostrils and her eyes widened as she turned to look at her friend.

Loretta was fighting to maintain control of the car but she knew she was fighting a losing battle. The vampires were wresting the control from her and sending them ploughing toward the line of trees on her right side. Her heart hammered loudly in her chest as the car swerved again and the steering wheel was wrenched out of her hands.

"Ash, DON'T shift!" she had time to grind out before the back of the car connected with the trees with a sickening crunch. The roof of the vehicle was peeled back as if it was a tin can and long talons reached inside.

There had to be at least three vampires from the speed they were dragged from the vehicle. The seatbelt dug into Loretta hard before it snapped from the sheer force used to hoist her from the car. Fear shivered through her as she felt the hands on her body and memories of Sandro returned and the way he had tossed her body about as if she was nothing. Were they about to die? Was she never going to see Andrei again?

She pressed down the fear, trying to find Ashleigh and make sure she was okay. She wanted to scream at the unfairness of it all. The little blonde had been through so much already. She didn't deserve to have to go through any more anguish, not when she was just recovering from the last confrontation with vampires.

Ashleigh was almost paralysed with fear. The vampires were everywhere and it was like her nightmare coming to life. They were so beautiful to look at and so evil to their very core. She shivered and whimpered as hard hands held her around her throat. She wanted to shift to wolf form but Loretta had said not to. She wanted Nors to come. He always came when she needed him. Where was he now?

"There's two of them?" one of the vampire's ground out in a bored tone.

"Which one is fucking Andrei?" Another bored voice asked. "We're just supposed to bring that bitch. We don't need the other one."

Loretta felt her fear escalate at the words. She was being held so tightly she couldn't get a good look at any of the vampires but she could catch a glimpse of Ashleigh's frozen form just off to her left. The vampire holding Loretta leaned down and scented her neck.

"This is Andrei's bitch," he announced, disgust dripping from his tone.

"Fine. Take her," the first bored vampire said. "Kill the other one."

A whimper escaped Ashleigh's lips as she tried to twist out of the painful grasp holding her still. She could hear Loretta struggling furiously beside her. She knew she was about to die, that Nors would be beside himself with grief at losing her. She wanted to tell him how sorry she was that she was going to be responsible for so much pain for him.

"No, you can't," Loretta screamed at the top of her voice, struggling furiously in the vampire's grasp, her heart hammering wildly. She had to get free somehow to help her friend.

"Andrei!" she screamed mentally even though she knew they were too far away for him to hear her. Shifting to wolf form wouldn't help either because the pack were too far away. She managed to turn her body in time to see talons closing around Ashleigh's neck, the little blonde's face white with fear, her big brown eyes full of unshed tears.

"Tell him I love him," Ashleigh whispered softly her eyes meeting Loretta's frantic gaze. "Tell him I'm so sorry."

Loretta struggled harder, tears streaming down her face as she tried to save her friend as the vampire's grip tightened. A deep groan of anguish escaped her in a long tortured breath. "Ashleigh!"

To be continued...