The Crew Pt. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Seriously? So you're nudists. Or...what's the word some people use now? Naturists?" She was beginning to smile.

"You could probably call us that, but we don't normally use those labels," I told her. "Whenever I've thought about it, it feels like too much work to fit into a label and all the baggage that goes along with it. We don't go nude to prove a point or because we're into some official nudist philosophy. We don't go to special nudist meetings or conferences or anything like that. Some people do. But we just live our lives in a way that's a little different...a little more free...than most other folks. And we live normal lives. We wear clothes for protection. Or decoration. Or because we need pockets." To make my point, I pulled the book from the pouch on the leg of my cargo shorts. "We're just people who happen to feel like clothing's a nuisance otherwise. We're family. And friends. We love and trust each other. No judgments. No secrets. No hidden agendas. No covering up. More often than not, that includes being free and casually nude around each other. It's easier that way."

Hannah was eying me closely, like she was studying a puzzle. Head tilted slightly to one side, eyes narrowed, brow furrowed, lips turned up in just the barest hint of a half smile. She had shifted her position on the bed. One leg was still bent to the side. The other was pulled up. Her knee was hugged to her chest. The t-shirt had ridden up enough to expose her navel and her tiny blue panties were drawn up into her crease, hugging and not quite covering the form of her mons. From what skin I could see peeking out on either side, she was totally hairless there.

"So...just to be clear," she said, "if I wasn't here you would probably be naked, writing or playing guitar."

"That's right," I replied.

"And somehow, you find that it's easier to write if you're not wearing clothes?"

"Absolutely," I said. "When I write...whether journals or stories or music...I try to let go of any pretense. Anything holding me back from being exactly who I am. I write like I talk or think or feel. I want the words on the page to paint a picture as real as can be, naked and unashamed. It helps a lot if I start out that way."

"And when you're around other people..." she started, then stalled.

"I try to be the same way. Yes. Open and naked and unashamed. I am who you see. No costumes or masks."

"And you hang out with friends and family and everyone's naked." She tried to suppress a nervous giggle. "I'm sorry. Maybe I'm asking too many questions or overthinking it. It's just...I've never even been skinny dipping...and...I've never talked with a nudist before..."

"Oh, you probably have. But they never came out and told you they were nudists. And you never asked."

She started to snicker. "Now you've got me thinking about some friends of mine and wondering...I know some of them have been skinny dipping somewhere out in the middle of Finger Lakes National Forest. That's just a couple of hours from here."

"But they're horrible freaky twisted people, right? Probably raised by hippies. All tie dye and macrame and sourdough."

"OK, now you're messing with me," she laughed. "For the record, my mom was a hippie. She still smokes up and hangs out with some of her old hippie friends. They go...Oh my God...do you think...?" She collapsed in a fit of giggles. "I am so going to ask her."

"You should," I told her.

"OK...OK..." she gasped, "...Here's what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna say I want to ask her a question and I want her to promise to tell me the naked truth." Then she lost it again.

When she calmed down, she checked around the room. She stretched across the bed and picked up the travel alarm from the nightstand. "I need to go in about twenty minutes, but I don't want to," she said. "I reeeaally like this herb. And thank you for answering my questions. I didn't mean to interrogate you. It's just that once I get on a topic, I dive in and prod until I figure it out."

"My cousin Scooter does the same thing. You two are a lot alike. I think you'd be dangerous together. Sometimes she laughs so hard she forgets to breathe."

"You have a cousin named Scooter and she's a she?"

"It's a nickname. Her real name is Laurel. It's another story."

"Of course it is," she said.

"Scooter and her brother Pete are twins. My mother's sister's kids. We grew up together and we're all really close."

"And they're both..."

"Oh yeah. Big time. One hundred fifty percent committed to all over skin. In fact, if you were to visit my parents' farm in the summer, there'd be a good chance that you'd find Scoot and my mom out gardening naked. Or maybe all of us, including parents and friends, skinny dipping at the quarry back in our woods."

"So...you would...um...wouldn't have any problem if...if I was one of your friends and I...happened to be in your area and...I stopped by and you were nude."

"No. Not at all. I think I have pretty good instincts and I think you already are a new friend. I don't think you'd come if it made you uncomfortable. I like you and trust you."

"Good to know," she said looking thoughtful and puzzling things out again. She didn't say anything for a bit and I let her have the space. She was still stretched across the bed and was looking at me intently. Finally she sighed. Her face softened. I took it to mean that she'd made a decision of some sort. She sat back up and into full lotus and fixed her eyes on mine.

"I like you too. A lot. And I think I can trust you as well. So it's my turn to take a crack at nakedly honest. Or perhaps something more like partially clothedly honest. You were planning to play your guitar and write for another couple hours. Correct?"

"Yes."

"And I know you were going to be naked," she said. "I got that part." She took a deep breath. "So here's the nakedly honest truth. I also know that you know I've been dodging your questions about my other job. Well, I think it may have been some kind of mystical fate that we ended up having this conversation tonight. You see, my usual part-time job for hotel is being a lifeguard during the high usage times at the pool because we get so many families with kids. And I normally wouldn't be working at that at this time of night but twice a month a private group rents the pool and hot tub area after the regular guests have to clear out. Dave, the other lifeguard, normally covers their time here. But his wife is nine and a half months pregnant or something and ready pop any second and he asked if I could cover his gig and I said sure because I can use the money. And then he said by the way it's not really a lifeguarding gig since there's no kids involved but we still need to open let and them in and then lock the doors and sort of supervise and make sure none of the regular guests can wander in because everyone there will be naked. They're some kind of nudist club that wants to buy land for a campground or something but hasn't so they rent the pool and hot tub. And you already know I've never been skinny dipping or hung out with naked people and I've been absofuckinglutely freaking out for two days but I still need the money. So Jamie, I'm wondering if I can hit that no inhibitions herb of yours again and maybe talk you into coming with me down there and get you to stick around for moral support since you're used to being around naked people. Dave said I could bring a friend and that we could swim and use the hot tub and didn't need to get naked with all of the rest of the people if we didn't want to and I was gonna stay dressed but if you come with me I'll change into my bathing suit and we can get wet and keep talking..."

She was actually panting when she finished. I couldn't hold the laughter. "Of course I'll come with you," I told her.

"Oh God thank you," she gasped. "I'll get changed."

I only got as far as an "I...uh..." before she had snatched up her bag and was gone. I had repacked the bowl and taken a hit by the time she emerged again, wearing the same concert tee. I could only assume that there was a bathing suit underneath. "I guess I could have just changed right here instead hiding in your bathroom given all this talk about hanging out casually naked with friends, but I'm not really ready for...oh never mind."

She picked up the clock and sighed a sigh of relief. "OK," she said, "Calm down, Hannah. Ten minutes. Plenty of time for a couple more hits and a leisurely walk to the pool." She turned to me and took the pipe from my hand. Took a couple of draws before handing it back. "Please don't let me forget to close the sun shades that cover the glass in the pool enclosure. No one's supposed to be able to see in from the outside. And I need to remember to lock the outside door to the fitness room." She took the pipe back from me. Drew another deep hit and handed it back. Plunged her hand into the depths of her bag and pulled out a set of keys. "Good." She took back the pipe and hit it again. We passed it twice more and I sat it on the table as she headed out the door. On second thought, I picked the pipe up and checked the load. Still about half. I grabbed my own key and stuck them both in my pocket. Then pulled the door shut behind me.

I expected Hannah to be halfway down the hall but she stood there waiting. Stock still. "Thank you so much for doing this," she said. "You have no idea how much it means." She stepped closer then, and slid her arms up around my neck. Pulled me close and pressed her lips to mine in a truly languid, lingering kiss. I put my own arms around her and drew our bodies together. Our lips opened. Our tongues danced together. Slowly. Deeply. She smiled without breaking contact. After we finally drew back from our embrace, she slipped her hand into mine, fingers entwining, leading me down the hall and around the corner toward the pool. "I wanted to do that now," she said softly, "before the...woah...too late." She giggled. "I wanted to say before it kicked in...so you would know that it was me and not the herb. I really do like you a lot and I wanted it clear that some inhibitions are dropping all on their own. Quickly."

***************

Two couples were waiting when we arrived at the alcove leading to the pool. Both looked to be about my parents' age. Hannah introduced us as she unlocked the outer door. "Hi. I'm Hannah," she said, "and this is Jamie. You may already know that Dave's wife is having a baby. We'll be your pool attendants tonight. Anything you need, just let one of us know."

They introduced themselves as Vicki, Connie, Jedd and Steven. Vicki, the short curvy blonde, had what looked like a dragon tattoo on one shoulder peeking out from the top of her strapless cover-up. She seemed to be the one in charge, at least based on the clipboard in her hand. "I'll stay out here in the hall," she said, "and handle the sign-ins. We've got twenty-two people coming tonight. Eight couples and six singles. Once everyone's here, you can let us in as a group and relock the door. Beyond that, other than towels, we're pretty low maintenance. Of course you're both free to join us to whatever extent you feel comfortable with. We've got pizza coming, and soda and such. Sorry we're getting such a late start."

"No problem at all," Hannah told her. "I'll just run inside and make sure things are set up for you." With that, she held the door for me and followed me in. The door clicked shut behind us. Someone had already taped a sign to it reading, CLOSED FOR PRIVATE PARTY. "We don't really lock them in," she explained. "Fire code prohibits that. I just set the doors to be locked from the outside. The push bar will always let people exit, but someone will need to let them back in. Probably the only reason might be if they need to get to the ice machine."

"Got it," I said.

To our right in the 12 x 12 alcove was the fitness room. I could see another door in there that led out directly into the main hall. Hannah went in and quickly locked that one. "I'll leave this poolside door open in case someone wants to go in for a naked run on the treadmill or work the resistance machine. That could be interesting." She then let us into the main pool area. There were the typical tables and chairs and loungers scattered around the tiled patio. The pool itself was L-shaped. The longer leg was large enough to swim laps and the shorter leg was set up with a volleyball net. Off to the side was a hot tub that might hold ten people if no one was shy. I didn't expect much shyness in this group.

Along one wall were five doors. The only one with a window was labeled as SAUNA. The others were MEN, WOMEN, STORAGE, and MAINTENANCE. Hanna went right to the storage room and rolled out a cart that was laden with towels. I grabbed what could only have been an empty laundry bag on a four wheeled frame. We positioned these on either side of the sauna door and straightened a few errant chairs and loungers. She stuck her head in the restrooms and sauna. "Everything looks good," she said. Then she unlocked the maintenance room and flipped two switches inside. There was a soft whirring sound as the sunshades descended. The ones on the inner and outer alcove doors needed to be drawn down manually.

What caught my interest in the maintenance room was a bank of small video screens. They showed feeds from various places around the hotel. Inside and out. "Are those what I think they are?" I asked Hannah.

"Security cams. Yes," she replied. "This is the main...interface, I think they call it. There's another set of monitors up behind the front desk and a third in the manager's office. The main controls are down here though. Now all I need to do is this, this, and this." As she flipped three toggles on the panel, three of the video feeds went dark. "We normally have security feeds from down here, but not tonight."

All of this took significantly less time to do than it's taken to write. We were back in the alcove. Hannah pulled back the shade and looked out. A sizable group had gathered. She sucked in a breath and said, "Well, it looks like the moment of naked truth." She opened the door and said, "We're ready."

"Lovely. Everyone's here," Vicki told her.

Hannah held one door open and I held the other as twenty-two grinning, chattering, laughing men and women paraded in. A few went to set out a huge stack of pizzas with napkins and plates on one of the tables. A couple more, Connie and Steven I think, were selecting CDs for the boom box they'd brought. One empty corner became quickly littered with random discarded textiles and beach bags as clothing was shed and more and more skin was exposed. People were talking and greeting and hugging with little or no regard to their own or anyone's state of dress or all over skin. Soon, Hannah and I were the only two wearing even a stitch. Hannah was watching everyone. Bemused.

"How are you doing?" I asked her. We were seated at a table in a corner that gave us a line of sight view of every square inch of the space.

"Surprisingly well," she said. "Everyone seems so happy and pleasant. So at ease with each other. It's kind of like what I was picturing in my mind as you talked about your friends and family. Not weird or pervy."

"Were you actually expecting weird or pervy?"

"To be honest, no. Probably not. Not with my rational head, anyway. Thinking about it, I knew the hotel wouldn't let them come back every month unless they were...you know...okay or...like...safe. Even before I met you and we talked tonight, I guess knew my problem with it was more about me than about them. I knew it was crazy, but the weird and pervy suspicion kept crossing my mind. The idea that normal people would get together like...this...it's like...they live and think in a place that's so far outside of the box I live in..."

"Boxes can be overrated," I said.

"I know," she replied.

Just then, a couple approached us, smiling and carrying two plates of pizza. They looked younger than most of the group. Perhaps thirty to thirty-five. It was hard to tell. Both had bodies that told you right away they were runners. Or triathletes. They could have been twins, based on body type. Sleek. Smooth. Lean. Strong shoulders and chest. Slightly narrowed waist with taut, sinewy abs and obliques. Her lines were softer than his, and her hips flared out more. Their well defined muscles didn't so much pop or bulge but flowed under their skin as they moved, waiting to break out and shine when called upon to perform. His uncircumcised member hung loose and relaxed and long enough to sway with his balls when he walked. Hannah definitely noticed. He also had shoulder length straight dark brown hair pulled back in a tie. Hers was auburn and longer, wavy and loose, almost reaching the tops of her quarter sized dark areolas. Her conical nipples were clearly erect and her breasts stood out proud with no sagging at all. Both had all over tans and their bodies were totally shaved from the neck down.

The woman spoke first, setting a plate on our table. "I'm Carrie," she said. "This is my partner Rick. We want to thank you so much for helping us make this happen tonight. We love it. The pool and everything are wonderful. Please have some pizza, it's amazing!" She nudged the plate toward Hanna.

"It truly is," Rick added, setting his plate down as well and pushing it toward me. "The stockier guy with the handlebar mustache that's serving..." he pointed toward a smiling short furry barrel-chested naked man with salt and pepper grey hair, "...that's Carlo. This comes direct from his restaurant. Home made ingredients. And he always insists that you know it's Sicilian and not Italian. There's nothing like it. There's more than enough, so come over for seconds. And help yourselves to the soda. We didn't know what you'd want."

"Please," Carrie said. "Do help yourselves. And feel free to join us. Swim. Soak. Have a sauna. There's gonna be volleyball too, if you play. We don't bite. And you don't need to be nude. We just think it's more fun this way."

"Thanks," I said. "We'll think about it."

"Yes...thank you," said Hannah.

They turned and moved slowly back toward the pizza group, stopping to hug and chat with other nude friends. Still clearly bemused, Hannah watched them intently. I was watching her. I laughed as I saw the second wave of my mother's herb wash over her face.

"That right there. That's what I'm talking about," she laughed, a little nervously. "Part of me doesn't know what to think about all of this. What to do. I don't know what I was expecting. I didn't know what to expect. I mean, Dave said they were really nice people to be around. Not loud or obnoxious like some private parties. Polite. Fun. Never a problem. They just for some reason like to get together and not have to wear any clothes. He's never joined in on the nudity, though they invited him. He may as well have, though, you know. In my opinion. He always guards in these little speedos the swim teams wear," she giggled. "He said he got used to seeing them nude pretty quickly, once the shock wore off and he really started to talk with them. And, it pays double our normal hourly and he said they tip really well."

"So there's that..." I mumbled over a mouthful of pizza, "...plus the fact that they're right. This Sicilian pie is amazing." She shot me a look, with the single raised eyebrow. "What? I'm hungry," I said. "I'm paying attention. She tried a bite from her own slice.

A lot of the people were in the pool, dividing up into volleyball teams. Off to one side, a couple of couples were locked in a fearsome game of nude chicken. Women up on the shoulders of men. Playful shoving and pulling and hands going everywhere. Hannah was smiling as we finished our pizza and watched.

"So you're not freaking out any more?" I asked her.

She thought for a moment. Did that frowny head tilty thing I'd seen earlier. "No. Not really," she said. "I'm not sure why. Maybe because you're here. I really meant what I said about needing the moral support. I couldn't imagine being down here with all these people by myself. It turns out they're nice and all, but they're still very naked. It's...an adjustment...in how I see things." She stood and pulled off the t-shirt. She was stunning in the minimal white bikini. The low riding bottom hugged her form in all the right places. The top seemed to struggle a bit. Most of her ample boob flesh was clearly on display.