All Comments on 'The Crumpled Letter'

by Just Plain Bob

Sort by:
  • 174 Comments (Page 2)
26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Good one

One of JPB's better stories. It had a solid BTB that was richly deserved.

neilnblowme2neilnblowme2over 5 years ago

at least he didn`t wimp out and take her back

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
An enjoyable JBP story

An enjoyable story, but I would have enjoyed it a little bit more if we had heard something from the wife. Why'd she do it, if she supposedly loved her husband? -JRZ

Mauser45Mauser45over 5 years ago
I liked it

Finally, a man with backbone. It's a shame that ALL your stories aren't this good, to be honest

Five stars

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 5 years ago
I still like this story!

I've read it before and I still think it's a great read. I'm always amused when a cheating spouse becomes incensed because they think their spouse is cheating on them. But that Mueller guy needs some serious pay back! There is nothing lower than a man who has sex with a married woman (well, unless she's his wife...).

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
You

You are the queen of male to female bitch mode husbands. with no sack. Catholics are not the 50s type you just wrote. Im catholic just a pussy /just lame bobby.

jtwheelsjtwheelsalmost 5 years ago
More payback for Mueller

Good story

Great payback for her

Liked the trashcan

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
it's the ultimate sin against a husband

while cheating is BAD and usually unforgivable.....having another man's child while married to another is the ultimate breech. that's the ENTIRE reason traditional societies did the awful virginal bride thing. men wanted to have early sex, women wanted to have early sex, but no one did for fear of ruining the virginal bride thing. we didn't have DNA tests.

and she tied he tubes to continue her affair and deny her husband a child. that's just evil. but i'm glad he left her and her tubes are tied. maybe she'll never ruin a poor child's life with her terrible choices.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Finally,

You got it RIGHT...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Good story

with a nice twist to it. She got what she deserved, except I think she should have been prosecuted for her expense fraud.

26thNC26thNCalmost 5 years ago
Best

JPB's best in my opinion. Love the "do you hate me that much, just because I'm a.lying,.cheating, bitch?"

"No, I hate you for calling me Sweetums! "

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitalmost 5 years ago
Exactly what she deserved

He didn’t have to offer NOT to contact her family. It was the decent thing to do, and affirmed that he was the better person. Instead she bluffed holding no cards and got what she earned and deserved.

Good job!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
New LW writers please study JPB

JPB doesn't waste words. He attacks the story using ordinary language, facing the ultimate test to relationships. 5 stars

reasonable man

lee5456lee5456about 4 years ago
BURN BITCH BURN

She got exactly what she deserved

PowersworderPowersworderalmost 4 years ago

That was an awesome BtB.

I would've liked to have seen some vengeance against the lover, but there was one thing this story really needed: A final confrontation with the ex-wife after he rained down a torrent of shit on her life.

Seeing Madeline heartbroken and devastated after he utterly destroyed everything she cared about would've been the icing on the cake. She lost her husband, lover, house, family, and career. That's an impressive bit of bitch burning.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
phenomenal!

This still could be one of you best stories ever! I've read it several times. Sure, the actual mystery of WHY she did it is out there, but in this story, I'm okay with that. not every story has to have every question answered. But him crushing her in a way that didn't involve physical harming was brilliant. BRAVO

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
When her world fell apart.........

She knew something was wrong...but still kept up her act...we see everything from his point of view...but not hers...her cheating is the story here...so what happens to her is important...but were only left to guessing what happened here....the ending stinks......

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Why?

still don't know why it happened

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Does It Matter?

To me it wouldn’t make a whit of difference “why” she did it. Just the simple fact that she DID do it is enough to kill any relationship we may have ever had. She could reflect on the why’s and wherefore’s after she signed the divorce paperwork. Nice story, JPB.

Dlh143Dlh143over 3 years ago

I'm glad the author didn't go into the "Why." It doesn't matter at all! She's nothing but a cheating whore and deserves to be shunned by her family members for that.

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago
Sometimes

Sometimes old Bob writes a great story. This was definitely one of those times.

iameaseliameaselabout 3 years ago

This was nearly a home run!

Pasqual_ClementePasqual_Clementeover 2 years ago

It is a good story. Thank-you

-

One thing to consider, as stated in the story, his having her medical reports is illegal. By admitting he had them, he left himself open to legal repercussions. He can be arrested and/or sued. Even if the judge was pre-disposed to favor the cheated on spouse, doing what he did in regards to the house is considered fraud and hubby can get in trouble for that as well.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

For those who ask why? Because she could. That's why. women think they have the courts and everything on their side when they cheat. They get the lions share. They are entitled like so many in this fucked up society think they are.

dark2donut2dark2donut2over 2 years ago

This is one of the best stories JPB wrote, without absurdities although the actions of wife after the hubby left home were rather strange. One would assume that she would have some inkling about the reason rather than acting surprised but I guess this is how JPB wanted to drive the plot. JPB writing is always weak on character development son, just like in every other story, there is no character development here.

Weak writer but not a bad story with these limitations.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 2 years ago

To those asking "why?" She's obviously a passionate person, on long business trips.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 2 years ago

Gotta’ love a happy ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I really liked it. For one, the protagonist was not a wishy-washy individual. Didn't really care for the why or when, except to see the actual journey to the abortion clinic. Once he decided to get rid of his cheating spouse, Rob made plans and went for the throat and did not sway from the course. No second guessing on his part and doubting himself. Great story line! Way to go JPB.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Who was the father of the aborted fetus? Could not the father have been Rob as easily as it could have been Trace? Why would Rob allow her to abort his child without a word of protest?

fishgetterfishgetterover 2 years ago

Rob had a vasectomy, therefore was not able to inseminate the slut. She was screwing tracie, the only one left was tracie. ( no caps for slime-ball tracie) """""To those asking "why?" She's obviously a passionate person, on long business trips."""" sbrooks103x"""" AYSM?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Good story, with one exception. I really would have liked to have seen good old Trace get what he had coming. And come to think of it, I’d like to know how and why Trace and Madeline got together. I know it ain’t going to happen, but that doesn’t stop me from wanting. Like I said, good story, JPB.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Really liked the story except you never explained how or why Madeline hooked up with Mr. Trace Mueller. That action is the heart of your story.

nixroxnixroxover 2 years ago

5 stars - mostly because he divorced her and did not commit any violent revenge.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

One of JPBs better efforts.

.

4 ****

AkSh4BloOdAkSh4BloOdover 2 years ago

Excellent JPB ..... I Love this B2B .

Give them the taste of their own Medicine.

Break them to Despair.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great story, very well written and the perfect outcome.

Les

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

"And then I woke up..."

The plot is juvenile, and lala-land fantasy material.

There is not one judge in all of USA who would make such a ruling, and assuming there was, the appeal judge would overturn the decision.

Nice fantasy...but that's all it is!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Sorry, Bob, I usually enjoy your stuff but I am getting really tired of these infantile boy-men who close down all communication. Sometimes “why” matters. Suppose Our Hero had been partly to blame because he has an asshole streak that he himself is totally unaware of. Maybe she was being blackmailed and she was protecting both of them from something dire. there could ve a million motivations. Not saying any of that would justify what Wifey did, but they could have had an adult conversation and maybe, just maybe, Our Hero might have learned a little something. Instead, he reacted without getting enough information. Just sayin’, a little maturity gies a long way, and you could still have a wonderfully tragic story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Well done. Good editing too. These negotiate comments are irratating, I know, I would ignore them. You did not make him out to be the kind of husband that would cause a wife to stray, he even fucked her brains out after he knew she was cheating, but his punishment was civilized considering what he could have done to Trace and her when they all were in Boston. I think most of the guys that read this will agree, she and her boytoy got off easy. Nice job. Keep writing.

XYZ

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Good tale JPB. LP

NitpicNitpicabout 2 years ago
Over

His revenge is over the top,he was just plain nasty.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Pussy story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Finally a good one

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

He ends up in jail for extortion and his attorney disbarred for helping him commit a criminal offense. You can’t blackmail someone to get a financial windfall.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Cold cold cold

TheRealMadtexTheRealMadtexalmost 2 years ago

Great and with an ending too!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Why were there no questions as to the possibility as to the husband being the father of the aborted baby?

Would that not have caused the judge to take a different approach on the division of assets?

As to the one commentor whining because the husband refused to meet with/talk to his wife. That is more than comical. IF the wife had problem with the husband, prior to having an affair, WHY did she not approach her husband? The way the story reads, she just WANTED to have an affair.

After having concluded the possibility of her husband being the father of her unborn baby was irrelevant, she had the unborn baby murdered, her tubes tied so she could continue her affair without another pregnancy. again, another swipe at her husband.

WHY would the husband want to waste his time "talking" to someone who obviously held him in contempt.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

excellent .

the cuck faggots will hate this one and try to nitpick it to death .

enjoy faggots .

5 stars

rn2711rn2711over 1 year ago

Why did she need to get a job if she had 50% of their assets?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

why bob why ,cause she a whore bob .

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeover 1 year ago

A great story.

So unlike JPB's many wimp stories.

I loved leaving out useless questions.

That's how you avoid useless answers.

I agree with comments saying this is one of JPB's best stories.

Top ratings from me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Wow. A rarity from JPB.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

One thing that is hard to swallow in stories like this is that the wife is clueless as to why the husband moves money and moves out. A normal person would most likely guess that the husband had discovered the affair.

oldguy1oldguy1over 1 year ago

Revenge shows a lack of a forgiving nature and this story just reinforces the angry man persona. I would want to be married to him she's better off out of that relationship even though she cheated.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A 4 Star...not quite 5 because of the open ended ending: Is Trace coming to town and will he be dealt with?

ErotFanErotFanover 1 year ago

Somewhat disappointing. There are several avenues of pursuit that would make more interesting stories. But then, perhaps you are pursuing them elsewhere.

I would have told her that I'd had my vasectomy reversed several months ago and was going to pursue the option of children. And, BTW, you seem to be showing some signs of pregnancy and we should cancel the Boston trip for health reasons get you checked out tomorrow.

Oh what a lovely mess he would have created.

JusteenKJusteenKabout 1 year ago

A load of utter carp. Author obviously has zero knowledge of how divorces proceed in court.

The author has over 800 stories on Lit. I suggest that maybe they spend more time on research and less time writing ill considered drivel.

EvelZombieEvelZombieabout 1 year ago

Now that was a down the line, hall of fame BTB. Unfortunately this is not the type of story I enjoy. The MC ended up being an even bigger cunt than his wife. Go ahead and get divorced and fight for whatever you can get, I'm all for it. However all the rest was so beyond petty. So the wife cheated and now I think it was because deep down she knew her husband was a piece of shit

RuttweilerRuttweilerabout 1 year ago
Not a serious story

It’s more of a chest-beating exercise for the “Me Trog with big stick” set. Bob can spew these out by the dozens with his “Bob-o-Link” story generator. It’s template-based with rudimentary AI.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

An accomplished professional woman is not going to end up waiting tables even with a shaky recommendation.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

I take issue with @Ruttweiler's comment that JPB's stories come from rudimentary AI. Computer-generated stories would probably be more plausible, although this story is one of the less dumb of JPB's collection.

muskyboymuskyboy9 months ago

Very lame revenge.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

The cheating whore got what she deserved.

skruff101skruff1017 months ago

Well slap butter on my ass and call me a biscuit (read that in a story on here once thought it was funny) a JPB effort that actually ends in divorce, and not ruined with a divorce followed by a lame assed reconciliation.

For once well done.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

See, see,see, JPB can write a story w/ an MC who has a spine conviction morals etc. Bet the cunt voted democrap w/ her arrogance and entitlement and self righteous certitude that she was the smartest biatch in de room and boss of her world and cldnt be denied. kudos Bob! "skruff101" agrees wif me. rk

bobareenobobareeno3 months ago

I would have enjoyed a confrontation where she explained and then rationalized her actions. Other than that, a good tale.

nixroxnixrox3 months ago

5 stars - Yes, JPB finally wrote a story that kept my interest to the very last word.

Neither one of these characters are very likeable.

The cheating, skanky, SLUT got exactly what she deserved. The part that upset me the most was the murder of the unborn baby. Hopefully, in any future stories, Bob will have the SLUT keep the baby to term and then give it up for adoption.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

You can warm yourself from the glow of the nuclear blast in the distance.

Waldteufel61Waldteufel6111 days ago

Classic JPB ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymous3 days ago

Not real life. Ask anyone who has been in divorce court. Husbands balls always cut off, normally with a very dull knife.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJust Plain Bob@Just Plain Bob
9072 Followers
Just a Dirty Old Man (of course I have been one since I was thirteen)who likes to write about the things that I've seen and been exposed to in my life. There is a little bit of me in almost all of my stories and in some of them there is quite a lot. I leave it to the reader ...