The Curse of Matriarchy Manor

Story Info
Siblings inherit a house with a mysterious curse.
8.4k words
4.33
38k
44

Part 1 of the 4 part series

Updated 06/11/2023
Created 06/12/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
XBan
XBan
1,278 Followers

"You fucking asshole."

"What? It was a slip of the tongue. I swear. I don't even know any Reginas." David said. "Please Cara, it was an honest mistake."

David barely dodged the thrown glass which shattered behind him.

"My name is Claire, you piece of shit."

"Sometimes my 'l's slip."

He dodged another flying object. There was no salvaging this one-night stand. Not after those two name gaffs. Why couldn't women wear name tags? It would make interactions so much easier. David danced his way through disaster to collect his things and hurried out to the safety net of the public eye. It was disappointing because he could tell she was going to be a crazy one in bed. Oh well, on to the next one. Since moving to the new city, there were plenty of fish in the sea. And he was just about to get his very own place.

***

David and Ariel stared up at the massive house on the secluded hill. He couldn't believe that it was now in their possession and it couldn't have come at a better time. With Ariel starting college and David starting his new job, they had both been dreading the laborious task of finding a place to live, until the manor came along.

According to their mother, their great aunt had long been forgotten by the family. Being the next of kin, their mother inherited the manor and had decided to let her children stay there to get their feet on the ground in the new city before coming and assessing the house's potential for herself. It was a win-win for everyone.

David followed Ariel up the winding path. It certainly wasn't the most accommodating place for visitors, and it was some distance from town. However, David was happy to live with those negatives in exchange for a rent-free place. At the top of the hill and in front of the house, an old sign hung by its final hook.

"The Matriarch Manor." David said. "What is matriarch, some sort of a bug?"

"It means mother of the household, dumbass." Ariel said.

"But she wasn't a mother." David muttered to himself.

The large pair of front doors towered over the siblings. David had never seen such a grandiose entrance before, and it demonstrated the true age of the house. He put the key into the door and unlocked it. Ariel grabbed one handle and he grabbed the other, pushing the large doors open and apart. Once inside, they let go and the doors shut behind them. The foyer was massive with a staircase on either side leading to the top floor. The sun shown down through an expansive skylight in the roof, bathing everything with a warm glow.

Ariel looked astonished. David was bewildered, but not by the wondrous display of architect before him. There was suddenly a strange feeling in the pit of his stomach. It was turning in knots and drawing his complete attention. He put his hand over the stomach as if all his problems could be solved by the simple act of a tummy rub.

Ariel clued into her brother's discomfort. "I told you not to eat two double cheeseburgers."

"It's not food related, it's just... Weird." David said.

He couldn't put his finger on it. He didn't have to use the washroom or throw-up, there was just a new sensation that he wasn't used to. Whether it was good or bad remained to be seen.

"Hey check this out." Ariel said.

In between the stairwells was another set of large doors and off to the side was a shelf with many pictures. Ariel picked up one with an older lady that looked similar to their mother. Sitting in front of her were ten men.

"That's a lot of kids." Ariel said. "I wonder why we haven't met them."

David grabbed the picture. "They look nothing like our family."

"Then why have a picture?"

"I don't know. Maybe Great Aunt Willis was into some kinky shit. Be careful, you might find a sex dungeon."

Ariel put the picture down. "Gross."

"Race you to the top of the stairs. Winner gets the pick of the bedrooms."

The siblings raced up either side of the staircase. As much as they bickered and fought, they still had fun together. That's why the living arrangement was going to work. Unlike their relationship with their older sister, Mary, they were closer in age and had more in common.

With the finish line in sight, David sped up, but somehow the distance seemed longer than the five steps remaining. When he got to the top, Ariel was already waiting.

"Took you long enough." Ariel said. "Looks like I win.

David keeled over to catch his breath while Ariel showed no signs of fatigue. Was he really that out of shape? The staircase itself was deceptively long and he couldn't believe that he had lost despite being faster than her in any other competition. The new feeling was still present, and David was doing his best to ignore it, but he suspected it was somehow responsible for his poor performance.

Down the hall were several rooms after rooms. The first few were virtually empty and could be transformed into anything from an office to an entertainment room to a guest bedroom. At the end of the hall was another set of massive doors. To the right was the only other room that had some character. It's pink walls and decorations matched well with the girl-tailored furniture which included a massive chest and a vanity in the corner. The closet doors lined one wall; no doubt retrofitted to contain a lot. It was the perfect room for Ariel and David hoped his room was just as well suited for him.

"This is cute. I'm sure you'll enjoy it." Ariel said.

"There's no way I'm taking this room."

"I won the race fair and square."

"But you haven't even seen the other room." David said.

"I don't need to. It's mine."

The problem with Ariel was that she wasn't a typical girl. She was girly in the sense that she liked to dress fashionably and made sure she looked good, but not in the sense that she spent her days shopping and gossiping. Like David, she was competitive and enjoyed a variety of sports. Her mean streak was not something that anyone would normally gather by looking at the sweet, innocent girl, but David had seen it plenty of times growing up. So, it wasn't a surprise when she opted out of the pink room. What was surprising was that David put up no further fight. He accepted her decision without the usual squabble they had over every controversial issue.

"Fine" David said.

Ariel looked sideways at her brother. He could tell she was ready to openly mock him, but then held back. She wasn't going to challenge him if that meant she truly won. Ariel moved with excitement to the next set of doors and opened them with both hands. It was everything David had hoped for in a bedroom. A king-sized bed. An area for television and reading. Its own personal walk-in closet that was about the same size as Ariel's old bedroom. And of course, no master bedroom was complete without a modern en-suite bathroom. They were the kind amenities a guest would hope to get in an expensive hotel room and now Ariel had them all to herself. It was too late to push back on accepting the smaller room. David had a chance earlier and he didn't take it. Now he was stuck in the small, girly room.

"Well, I think I've made the right decision." Ariel said.

She ran and jumped on her new bed, landing on her back. The more David looked at the room, the unhappier he was. Why did he agree to the other room? It was clearly better suited for Ariel, not only because it was more her style but because he was the older sibling. Despite losing the race, the family hierarchy dictated that he should have the biggest room.

David sulked and turned around to his new home. There was no point in fighting. Ariel would just complain to their mother and she'd win anyway. He'd make do with what he had. The whole room needed a drastic overhaul to fit his tastes, but it was one he could not afford and something his mother wouldn't financially support. There was no way he'd be able to bring girls back to his house with his room looking like a dollhouse Not to mention the optics of his sister being in the master suite. The decision seemed to get worse and worse the more he analyzed it.

Getting on his feet quickly and getting his own place became a more urgent goal than he anticipated. But if he wanted to resume his normal life, that was his only option.

***

Throughout the day, David unpacked his clothes and other items in his new room. The dressers with sparkling handles and the pink interior of the drawers were a constant reminder of his lose. Even the closet was more designed for a woman with an area for heels that thankfully could also accommodate his shoes. Not that he had many. Maybe it was a sign he needed to buy more.

What David didn't get was how his lonely aunt had a room that looked like it belonged to a teenage girl. Self admittedly he didn't know much about his aunt, but since they inherited the house, it seemed likely there was no one else in her life. A chat with his mother would be a sure way to fill in the missing details.

"You're settling in well." Ariel said. She was dolled up and looked ready to hit the town.

"You put your stuff away quick."

"Actually..." Ariel crossed her legs and played up the puppy dog look. "I have a date and I was hoping you'd be the best super big brother and put my stuff away for me."

David stood up in protest. "Ariel, are you serious?"

"Come on David, I know you don't have any plans today. Just put my stuff away for me."

"Fine." David said to his own surprise.

Ariel ran up to him and kissed him on the cheek.

"You're the best." She turned and hurried away before he changed his mind. "Don't wait up!"

David heard the echo of the heels all the way down the stairs and then the vibrant sound of the massive front doors shutting. And just like that he was alone in a big old house that he'd only seen three rooms of. But exploring would have to wait until after he was done with his sister's room. He'd feel much better when his chores were done and out of the way.

With the last of his clothes put away, David moved on to Ariel's room and was not surprised to walk into what looked like a clothes bomb had gone off. In her attempts to find the perfect outfit, everything else was thrown from her suitcases and onto the floor. All her panties, bras, dresses, heels, everything a girl needed, were now spoiling the floors of the once peaceful room. The once great room. Boy, did David wish he was staying in it rather than the pink room.

It dawned on him that while she was away, and since they hadn't really settled in or slept in either room, he could switch her to the other room. She'd put up a fight, but he was the older brother, and he deserved that respect.

After making his mind up, his attention was jerked to the unusual placement of heels in the room. Every item was thrown about without a care in the world, except for one pair of red heels standing upright and surrounded by a halo of discarded clothes in a closed off circle. Those specific heels brought to mind a taboo memory of his sister. When Ariel hit college, her looks and attitude had changed from casual to sexy. From David's own personal experience with women, she was obviously on the prowl. One evening she was rocking a super tight red dress and heels that made her ass pop. Seeing her from behind, David had thought she was one of her friends and was mortified at his sexual thoughts when she turned around.

He revisited that memory from time to time, ashamed and turned on by it. The heels reminded him of Ariel's natural beauty. It really was a shame that they were siblings. The way she regaled her dates, it sounded like a challenge he'd be more than up for. David knelt down and picked up the heels, handling them like they were sacred objects. Ariel was a beautiful woman and it made sense that she would have the master bedroom. She needed the space and privacy to prepare herself physically with her makeup and mentally for all the hopeless guys that were going to hit on her. It was hard being that beautiful and David fully understood how important his role was in helping her. Like making sure her clothes were perfectly placed and tidied. Why should she have to use her delicate hands to do such labor when he was perfectly capable? In the closet room, David found the wall dedicated to shoes and placed them on the centre shelf. One of many more pairs to come.

For the rest of the evening, David spent time carefully time putting his sister's clothes away one by one in her new room. The sight of the room no longer bothered him because he was happy that Ariel would be happy in her new room. Taking one last look at the tidied and orderly room, he noticed a pair of panties stuck under the bookshelf. He walked over and tugged at them, but they wouldn't budge. David pushed aside the shelf and to his astonishment, there was a hidden door!

If there was one thing David was hoping to find in the old home, it was a secret door. And he found one on the first day. The door opened without effort and the lights on the other side flicked on as if triggered automatically by the door. The hallway was made of stone and was narrow the whole way, forcing David to shuffle with his head bent slightly to account for the low ceiling.

At the end of the hallway, there was another door. David confidently turned the knob and walked forward, but he crashed into the solid frame. He turned the knob again and confirmed that it was locked. His hopes were crushed. He and his sister had only received one key for the front door, and he doubted it opened this door too. As he turned back to leave the hallway, the door he had entered closed and with it, the lights disappeared.

David was by no means claustrophobic. However, the unfamiliarity of the house and the fact that he was home alone sent him into a mild panic. Bouncing off the walls and skimming his head on the low ceiling, he raced towards the closed door with reckless abandon. The knob rattled, but it too was now locked. David tried kicking and pushing, but if there was one thing the house had, it was massive and well-built doors. When all hope seemed loss, the locked door at the other end opened and a bright light shone through. In the light David thought he saw a figure, but it was too bright to be sure. Having no other choice, David ran towards the open door and jumped through it before it shut behind him.

The figure must have been a figment of his imagination because the room was empty with no places to hide. The only item in the room was a table in the middle with empty slots where jewellery used to be, including a necklace and a ring. But in the middle of the jewellery display was an item David couldn't take his eyes off of. It was a beautiful, diamond encrusted crown that was probably worth a fortune. The plaque in front of it read 'Until a Queen is chosen, all will be served.'

The dazzling light in the diamonds mesmerized David. He didn't want to touch it or move it, he just wanted to stare. Until he finally blinked. Except he wasn't in a random room, he was on his sister's bed with her panties in his hand. He sat up and looked around at the clean room. Did he just dream that?

David got up and tried to move the bookshelf, but it wouldn't budge. He could have sworn that was real. But he was also tired from all the unpacking and tidying. It was possible he fell asleep and had a strange dream, especially after his prior week binge watch of 'The Crown'. David put the last pair of panties away and left the room in pristine condition, ready for his sister's return.

***

Nina fidgeted with her pen as she watched the presentation on the new marketing campaign for a product geared towards men. Of course, with her obnoxiously overconfident co-worker, Chad, as the head of the campaign, it was filled with oversexualized women lounging around in next to nothing. A classic technique to get approval for women in risqué outfits was to initially present them tastefully in the nude and then 'compromise' in the middle. Chad was no stranger to how things worked, and neither were the rest of the smug men at the table.

"Maybe even our very own Nina will do us the honor of gracing our ads and showcasing her natural beauty." Chad said, directing unwanted attention her way.

Being the only female on the board was hard enough with the hardwired behavior men used towards women in power. Suggesting that she pose naked for his marketing campaign was not helping her cause. No other member dared called out another man like that. But the women were fair game. Even watching the men treat their secretaries like slaves and pieces of meat was enough to give Nina pause. She did not want to end up back in that position. Sleeping her way up the ladder once was enough, and she had gotten lucky the first time. Unlike the other secretaries, she wasn't pressured into any sexual relations but gradually fell for her boss. She had made the first move and the next thing she knew; she was sitting with him as an equal. Not because of her skills in bed, but because of her many suggestions to him that ended up succeeding.

But in life, sometimes the good things come to an end. Her former boss had been poached by a company across the country. She had been offered a job too, but the distance was too great and she chose to stay in familiar territory, which was no longer familiar at all. It was hostile.

Chad wrapped up his presentation and fielded several questions related to the products in a professional manner. He was a misogynistic asshole, but he was still great at his job, which made it harder to watch him succeed.

The CEO, Trevor Nix, stood up and praised Chad for his well put together presentation.

"Nina, would you mind getting us a round of coffee?" Trevor asked.

"Uh..."

"Thanks cupcake." Trevor said.

It was more embarrassing than if she was a secretary. At least then, the behavior was expected. Being treated like that when she should have been an equal just showed how far from the truth her place in the company really was. But like every other time she was asked to do something, she kept her mouth shut and complied.

Nina left the room and walked down the hall towards the cafe.

"Need a hand?" Brandon said. He was one of the only kind executives left, but Nina couldn't tell if he was being nice to try and get into her pants or if he genuinely felt bad for her. Being a friend of her former boss made her believe the latter.

"Thanks Brandon."

"Look you didn't hear it from me, but Chad is pushing for you to be the star model of his campaign." Brandon said.

Nina clenched her fists, a stress relieving trait that she had unfortunately developed.

"There's no way they will let him get away with that." Nina said. "I'm an executive just like him, not some sexual object he can flaunt around."

"I hear you girlfriend, but you know how Chad works. He'll get what he wants."

Brandon and Nina grabbed the coffees and headed back to the boardroom. It was only a matter of time before they forced her career to take a step back. With her old boss gone, there was no one with significant power to stand up for her.

Back in the conference room, Nina handed Chad his coffee. He smiled at her in a predatory manner that made her feel uneasy.

"Thanks, doll. Maybe next time I can get a live demonstration for my ads." He winked.

Nina politely smiled while cringing internally. Sooner or later, she'd have to stand up for herself or quit. Was the constant demeaning behavior really worth it?

***

Ariel bit her lip with delight as her date went down on her. It was always a treat to be on the receiving end and to not have a cock shoved down her throat. It was for her delight now, not his. Right away, she could tell he knew what he was doing. The way his online profile was set up had already tipped her off to his experience. It had the right amount of information and photos to give a sense of what he's like, but enough missing to keep him a mystery.

XBan
XBan
1,278 Followers