All Comments on 'The Curse of the Scots Ch. 02'

by carvohi

Sort by:
  • 65 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Good story

Only complaint is the chapters are coming out too slowly!

JounarJounarover 10 years ago
5*

Good stuff so far and looking forward to the next chapter. Just a suggestion but would this story not be better posted under romance?

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
TOO SLOW

The story is coming along nicely but there is too much of a gap and i actually forgot some of it and had to read the first part again so like you promised post a chapter a day.

PostScriptorPostScriptorover 10 years ago
Great story, well told!

Thus far your tale of sin and redemption (had to throw that in, in honor of the Easter timeframe! lol) is going very well. I'm really impressed — it is a story with plot and you've taken the time to develop your characters. Disregard the negative nattering of nabobs (old enough to remember Spiro Agnew?) and keep up the excellent work.

At this point I'm rooting for your characters, hoping that they will all come out well in the end!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Sorry, won't trash your story.

This is turning out to be a very interesting tale. Hope the next installment arrives soon. Was definitely worth more than one or two stars. You are just going to have to be happy with the five stars I gave you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
I love this story so far

Cannot wait to see how it turns. Out. Hope he saves her and she has a normal life and saves his ex . It doesn't matter if he marries or remarries as long as they all go done the road as a straight couple.obliviously she is running

from a proper upbringing or a something else.

staliesinstaliesinover 10 years ago
Good read

My Fair Lady!! Pretty Woman, etc. These are tough acts to follow, You are doing a pretty good job. Keep it up. Oh yeah, fuck up Vince when he comes to reclaim Caprice. Big time.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 10 years ago
I am enjoying it for the most part.

Your plot is quite interesting. Occasionally, you become tangled in your characters perspectives. You use first person for them usually, but now and then you lapse back into third person. The punctuation is lacking at times, but overall, you're creating an interesting story with interesting characters and background. This story took a lot of work and I thank you for being so generous to us readers.

BriteaseBriteaseover 10 years ago
Great

Really different and completely drawn me in. 5 stars, to encourage you to finish it

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

Why doesn't he just have paternity done to prove he is the father? If he is looking for redemption why doesn't he start by.....I don't know.....maybe being a father to his daughter instead of an ATM. All he has to do is claim paternity and with his money he should have no problem at all getting custody. It is highly stupid and quite unbelievable that he hasn't done that yet!!!

SKHPSKHPover 10 years ago
Great storytelling, unique plot

Please submit the next chapters without so much time in between. Same as many other commenters, I forgot parts of the first chapter's plots, the names and character descriptions, and I had to review some of it. I understood that all chapters were ready when the first one was released - so: why such a long gap between the parts?

Nevertheless: a clear 5* submission!

hansbwlhansbwlover 10 years ago
5

This is a five star story!

ILienBagbyILienBagbyover 10 years ago
Not like the story?????

How could any sane person not love the story? Absolutely wonderful. Five stars are not enough!

One complaint: Please post the next chapter more quickly. I have worn out my eyes the past week looking for chapter 2,

Carvohi, as John LeCarre is the king of the spy story, you are the prince of the Literotica Loving Wife story.

bruce22bruce22over 10 years ago
Fascinating.

Jumping from one person to another does not seem to offer any problems with this author. Yes, I find the characters very interesting and the story complex especially since there are human beings involved!

johnnyjonesjohnnyjonesover 10 years ago
Loving it...

... Looking for more of Vince to rear his ugly head and finding out what happens to the ex. I'll echo the sentiments of post quickly please.

thatrobthatrobover 10 years ago
Please continue

This is most certainly a winner of a story.I love the character development and the pacing.Very believable conversations and even better is the continuous subtext. Consider this to be a rave review.More importantly,please keep on with this. It's wonderful.

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 10 years ago
Looking good!

Except for 'not very much Scotsman' this is a charmer!

5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
A very interesting story 5*'s

I'm enjoying this story. I think this section was a good length, but more importantly was more succinct and enjoyable to read.

Nicely done.

connoisseur29connoisseur29over 10 years ago
Finer

***** Kudos, laddie. Enjoying the tale! Cheers!

Scotsman69Scotsman69over 10 years ago
Interesting tale

and fairly well-written. But for the life of me, I cannie recognise any Scots connection at all.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 10 years ago
Ambitious Concept, Worthy Message, Belief Beggering Execution

I grew up on a farm. This gives me a whole different slant on the story. When you're managing a million plus in resources. Everything counts. Everyone has to earn their keep.

There are dawn to dusk chores & maintenance to be done or things go to hell in a hand basket in a quick hurry. There's no time to uplift slackers let alone expend money for whore makeovers or reformation.

This woman has substance abuse problems and giving her a new wardrobe and capping her teeth isn't going to get it. She needs to work 12 steps or go to rehab. It's just that simple. Yup, there's an addiction gene in my family as well. As per the author's request, I won't rate this sweet but extremely, improbable fairy tale.

TXanyTXanyover 10 years ago
Good writing and waiting for more

His ex-wife has some real problems. His new live-in has seriously problems too...and you have painted him to be the clown - oblivous to it all. I'm enjoying it, but it would be fun if you would pick it up a little.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Good Story

Enjoyed the first installment. Almost gave up waiting on this one –again, worth the wait. Looking forward to where you take this story. You certainly have a lot of possibilities. A cut above the usual. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Looks good

This was a very strong chapter. Looking forward to such worthy writing in the rest of this tale. 5*s.

x_witless_xx_witless_xover 10 years ago
Well not a huge fan

of pimp whore stories or coercion, however romantic the interdependents feel about it. Thanks. 3*

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Nice read

I liked the various story lines. Keep it coming.

lonewolf3307lonewolf3307over 10 years ago
Totally enthralled...

... Can't wait for the next installment. Hopefully, we won't have to wait a week for Ch. 03.

theFBReftheFBRefover 10 years ago
Only one problem!

Too long between chapters! Makes me keep checking for next one! Keep posting but quicker! :)

Sidney43Sidney43over 10 years ago

I am really enjoying this story and your writing style, which is just a bit different . Looking forward to the next chapters.

green117green117over 10 years ago
Interesting developments

From the first chapter you have now put the ex wife into play - before she was more of a caricature. You have made the whore character multi-emotional, which is more interesting but it is not yet clear as to why the shifts in mood occur. You seem to have lost a bit of focus in the main character, since he is now second guessing himself even more.

Still a good start - but now the balls are going to be even harder to keep in the air. Some issues with spelling, also tattoos are not that easy to get rid of - a "kit" just ain't ever going to be available. But! I am willing to suspend disbelief for that.

Good luck, and I wait with anticipation for the next sections.

Green-something

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Love it so far.

I'm just glad I don 't have to pay to buy this book. Love it so far and am waiting!!!!

GenghisKhanGenghisKhanover 10 years ago
Again, one odd but exceptionally thought-out character-driven story

It's gotten more serious and heavier.... unlike the first chapter, which was irreverent & hilarious...

But, as another well-liked Lit author has noted, it's a captivating story in which we want to know more about each character.... from Cayden's strange families ... to the black families who worked for him, to the black family who saved him as a tiny baby dying from frostbitten when he dad put him in the dumping place... to his wife/former wife he's determined to punish him for having so heinously wronged her... to the whore who refused to find out about her own self....

Again, well told, odd, and original story....

LeFrog08LeFrog08over 10 years ago
I'm intrigued about future chapters...

How will the church thing and next few days go? Will she stay or leave? What about the ex-wife? Will there be a confrontation with Bernard? So many questions and so many ways this can go...

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
different 'feel'

liked it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Tremendous !!!

I love it, just keep writing and do not under any circumstances let the bad guys win. Your doing a great job building a story line. Cant wait to read the rest. Fell like I know these people and excited to find out whats going to happen.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 10 years ago
Loving it

I enjoyed this chapter much more than the first. I can't wait for the rest. A very engaging story. Five stars.

pakmul48pakmul48over 10 years ago
Excellent

I have enjoyed it all and look forward to chapter 3. If I could give higher than 5 stars, I would have

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Real good

5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

I like stories of redemption... 5 ... Life is hope through faith, and its hard enough as it is to keep.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

I'm still reading and still enjoying it. Please keep it going and let it develop. You're doing a great job.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Interesting

I hope she finds her self respect.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 10 years ago
So

What are the long term plans? Is he just a do-gooder reforming an old whore? Is she just biding her time so she can slit his throat and take off? Interesting ch. 2 but we don't have answers yet. I'll continue reading.

maninconnmaninconnover 10 years ago
Better!

I didn't like the first chapter, but this is better. It is well edited, and the writing is both more engaging and makes better sense. On to chapter 3!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
So far ....

So good but a little formulactic and sugary but then I think it's that kind of a story.

tazz317tazz317over 8 years ago
DONT EVER FORGET WHEN YOU TRY AND BE A DO=GOODER

the cure is ten times worse that the curse. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
protagonist

the protagonist's actions and thoughts are somewhat less than believable and needs a bit extra suspension of disbelief.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
I wonder

I sometimes wonder if people think this is unbelievable, then why did the 'die hard' movies make so much money?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
love the story

There must be a lot of very jaded people on this site. People seem to be offended if they feel you are too hard or too soft on the characters. I am just enjoying the story and trying to guess which way you will go with the character development. I am going to read all you have written on this site. You are a very good writer.F6E5

DoctimeDoctimealmost 6 years ago

I am amazed at how many people forget that what we are reading for free is something that someone ( the author) has poured her heart into. I am enjoying it and am also intrigued by the subplots already established. KAK

DoctimeDoctimealmost 6 years ago

Sorry about the “she” reference. I suspect this author (a he) has more compassion and sensitivity then the average male. Now on to chapter three.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
fornicate

the scots

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Good story

Cayden shows us the difference between pity and compassion . Also, though Scots may be frugal they do care about people. I'll continue reading.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
My 2 cents

So far, I think I'm getting my money's worth. lol I will continue to read. Thanks for your time and imagination.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Simply Outstanding

This is better than a lot of expensively edited commercial fiction...much better.

ribnitinribnitinabout 4 years ago
Damn!

I didn't plan on getting so wrapped up in this story. I have other things I should be doing.

SlamnukeSlamnukealmost 3 years ago

Fantastic story. There is something about severely helpless and abused women in fiction that really get to me. It engages that primal need to save them and really hits me in the gut. Normally I don’t have sympathy for women like Angie in these stories but this one is different because the husband is the one who ruined her. They have all been beaten down by life in general through a series of bad decisions and the abuse from others.

This story is on the Dreamcloud level of professional quality. It hits all of the right emotional triggers, the dialogue is excellent and the characters are believable.

WargamerWargamerover 2 years ago

Please finish this story. I need to know.

5/5

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

This story is worth every cent I paid to read it. Plus a whole helluva lot more! Good tale, thanx Carv. LP

arsenelupin66arsenelupin66almost 2 years ago

Tired “Pretty Woman” trope, with continuity errors on almost every page, sloppy and inattentive at best.

carvohicarvohiover 1 year agoAuthor

A little missive from carvohi.

Just above this little note you might find a comment by arsenelupin66. I'd like to respond to his very generous contribution to me and to Literotica.

I'm just an old guy who has nothing better to do with his spare time than make up stories and put them out on the Internet for free hoping they might be entertaining. I am not a scholar gifted in the English language. I, like most of the people here on Literotica, write on the cuff and from the heart. I'm not writing a thesis. I'm not looking for a Pulitzer Prize. I know I make mistakes. I just want to tell a story every now and then, and if I'm lucky, I might make someone feel a little better. I hope so.

I suppose those among us who really are near sighted need to buy some spectacles that will enable them to see a little further than their noses. Sorry, I had to add that quip.

carvohi Jedd Clampett

Ocker53Ocker538 months ago

I got to say i like it⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Jetcrash747Jetcrash7472 months ago

If anyone is delusional it’s her, Cayden is treating her with kid gloves. Caprice is running away from her dark past. Still a great story still 5 stars.

cutedaddy69cutedaddy6920 days ago

It's an interesting story, told by a gifted narrator. I find the amount of derogative comments on women disturbing, however. It's definitely more frequent than the story needs, as if it is something that gives you, the writer from heaven above, some kind of special satisfaction. Not sure what to think of it, but it does not make the story any better in my eyes..

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous