All Comments on 'The Dancing Ghost of Webster's Gore'

by MelissaBaby

Sort by:
  • 20 Comments
steeltiger01steeltiger01over 3 years ago

This is a fantastic story. You tell a great tale of love and pain, and it certainly has an effect.

Thank you for sharing your talents.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Great story of pain, loss, and love. Very promising talent.

The story is entrancing and charming. Shows great talent and I will read others by this writer, but it badly needs proofreading and editing. Very good if a first draft. Please keep writing! But have your work proofread and edited like any talented author, and consider novel-length work.

SaffyreSaffyreover 3 years ago

I’ve been reading stories on this site for a few years and it’s the first story I’ve read in the Erotic Horror category and that’s only because your name is attached to it. An enjoyable story, as one would expect from a writer with experience and talent, but I don’t think it’s erotic or horror.

I may have glanced at the category when I first found this site but I definitely haven’t read any stories because I find the genre, books or film, uninteresting.

I think a story like this doesn’t fit easily into any category and maybe it could have been in NonHuman because it’s about a ghost or Non-Erotic because it isn’t erotic? It’s a difficult one.

Having said which if you had made the sex to suit a certain section of reader I think it would have been wrong. I think you got the sex right even though it wasn’t erotic. If they had been writhing around on the bed in ecstasy it would have been out of kilter with the story. I was looking for the stripper but you did have a “lady of the night” so that went some way to appease me! Sorry, just my attempt at humour.

As for the anonymous comment about the story being badly in need of proof reading and edited I think that’s a comment for laughter and the bin. As for it reading like a first draft?. There was the odd typo/missing word etc but nothing like I’ve read in other stories by some other very good writers. It’s easy for them to slip through, as I know myself, and I don’t consider myself a great writer. Certainly not when compared with some other writers.

I do have one complaint and the worst example is your use of the word “conniption.” I had to google it for the definition which I consider neither I nor any other reader should have to do. Whereas I was quite happy to google “gore.” You defined it so that’s not a complaint it’s just how my weird mind works. I google quite a lot because I like being as informed as possible.

Interestingly, at least to me, I found a comment crediting Al Gore with creating the internet. The things you find benefit of google! Generous of Tim Berners-Lee to give him the credit.

I think you weakened the ending by including the last four sentences. Personally, I think a better ending would have been to finish with “Annabelle was no longer there.”

As I said at the beginning I did enjoy the story even though the category wasn’t of interest to me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Bloody Good story

And Very well-told.

Thank You

HP

oldsage_1oldsage_1over 3 years ago

Oh, Melissa, you are a great storyteller! There are only a couple of other authors on my rather extensive follow list that would tempt me to read this genre and not sure of the other two. This was an enjoyable change of pace. I won’t call it refreshing but enjoyable.

Thanks again for sharing your talent for my entertainment.

Cheers

SAGE

P.S: 5 stars of course and ....... I miss Mary and Alvin 😔(sniff!)

jonnydoughjonnydoughover 3 years ago

Great Story. Sorry I forgot after reading it from Twitter yesterday to come by and rate and follow. But I remembered today. :)

theMasterBaitertheMasterBaiterover 3 years ago
Excellent.

Very well written.

HarryHillHarryHillover 3 years ago

"Lust and passion were as familiar to me as sunlight and rain,"

Excellent line, good story,I realized why she was dancing under the tree just before it happened. .

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Dancing ghost !!

Love the story !! Great read!! Please part 2 or more , need to see what will happen when his story is put to paper , - peoples reaction in the area , needs an ending ? It feels half done - good bad or ugly i - we need to know !! And who knows love may come back as well again great read here’s hoping for more on this !!

grampaaloisiusgrampaaloisiusover 3 years ago

A ghost with delicate feet - what a wonderful idea for a great story.

Thank you!

ishtatishtatover 3 years ago
Many layers.

This is very good. One or two rough edges but of no consequence. Erotic? yes, Horror? yes, but also more a love story, and not only Annabelle's story, but for the author something of a redemption.

I would like to see more of your short stories.

AnoniemousAnoniemousover 3 years ago
Wonderful Story

I'm such a dimwit and didn't comprehend the dancing until the end. Well told.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Simply captivating the whole way through. Wonderful Halloween story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

So happy to see you back on Literotica. Loved this story. You made my day. Thank you.

Cal59Cal59over 3 years ago
Thanks

Not my normal genre but I liked it very much, you get 5 stars from me, thanks for your efforts

Dingo_TriplesixDingo_Triplesixover 2 years ago

Great! I like it a lot, it´s a sweet mystery tale.

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissyabout 1 year ago

This story was captivating as Annabelle was captivating Jared ….. extraordinary …… breaking the cycle and freeing her soul, fantastic ….. five stars are not enough, you moving a magic pen

👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻 ten ghosts and hearts 💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝

artblueartblue7 months ago

Ahhh….a great story …one of the best I have read on this site. Well crafted and well paced.

mightyishmomightyishmo4 months ago

Great story, I was captivated the entire time. 5 stars.

TheOldStudTheOldStud3 months ago

Fantastic!!! You have talent, young lady...

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMelissaBaby@MelissaBaby
A bold bitch and a shy girl. An exile and an ex-con. A lover and a leaver. A wise fool and a stupid genius. A cocksucker. A student. A foodie, a boozie, a weedie. A rider of horses. A kisser of girls. A resister, an insister, a persister. Daughter of a goddess, mother of a gho...