The Danish Ex

Story Info
Someone returns to a widower's life.
4.5k words
4.27
7.3k
6
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

'Niall? Niall? It is you?' Niall whirred around to see a late-thirties blonde woman striding toward him.

'Karina?' Niall responded in surprise. She almost launched himself into his arms. Almost 10 secs later did he respond in kind.

'I didn't know you would be here!' Karina burbled, almost jumping up and down.

Niall was surprised and shocked to see his Danish ex. It had been more than 15 years, and he'd been banished to the back of her mind after their breakup. Struggling to get his tongue out of first gear, he burbled 'What are you doing here?'

'I'm a friend of the bride' she excitedly said. 'I'm so happy to see you.'

'It's great to see you too!' Niall replied with a slightly forced smile. If she is here, she might have that neanderthal Mark she left me to be with, with her, Niall thought.

'I want you to meet my children!' Karina said, taking his hand and leading him towards a table. 'Are you on own today?' she continued without even looking up from her advance.

'Erm, yes I am actually' replied Niall, still bewildered at the speed of this reunion. 'Are you?'

'Just with the kids', she said still without turning her head to face him.

'Metta, Tilda, she called to two young blond girls seated at the table. Both were virtual identical versions of their mother. 'This is my friend Niall who I told you about!' Both girls looked up in surprise as if being introduced to the real Santa Claus. Their faces got Niall worried. What had she said about him?

'Hi' they both said in unison. 'I'm pleased to meet you' replied Niall.

Still in shock, Karina starts to introduce the kids and tell Niall about them. Tilda was 13, and Mette was 8. 'Nearly 9' pouts Mette. Niall grins, remembering what it was like to be that age.

Still guarded Niall started responding to the conversation, waiting for the moment that her husband might appear, although she didn't appear to be wearing a wedding ring...

'Are you married, kids?' she continued probing. 'No, nothing like that, replied Niall, dreading the moment he had to pipe up why he was on his own.

'Why not?' she smiled. Oh god, it was that moment. The moment when time stands still, people go quiet and the atmosphere changes to something resembling an autopsy.

'I'm a widower'. CLANG. Silence.

Karina's voice went very quiet. 'I'm so sorry. She looked up at him with eyes that were desperately trying to find something else to say, to move on the conversation.

Having had plenty of practice at this moment, Niall knew what to say.

'Well, the Mike (the groom) insisted I come to this, as he thinks he can get me paired off with one of the elderly aunts' Niall grinned. 'Sandy (the bride) has me in mind for a future project. She has decided to become a matchmaker, in reality, she just wants excuses to buy new hats for future weddings'.

Karina laughs at this, the atmosphere changing immediately.

'So is Mark about then?' Niall starts looking around the room. 'No' she simply says. A sore subject thought Niall. The evening went on with Niall chatting away to Karina and the girls, trying to be social, but still very guarded. Just remembering that this girl had broken, no, smashed his heart into pieces.

At the end of the evening, guests were starting to drift away. Karina didn't want to go, but she knew she had to take the children home.

'Niall...' she started. 'Yes?' he replied. 'It's been so great to see you' she smiled sadly. 'It's been good to see you and meet your children. They seem like fantastic kids'.

'Could I see you again' the words tumbled out of her lips like a waterfall. 'It's just I'm still here for a couple more days.'

Niall blanched, but heard a small voice say 'Ok'. It sounded like his but seemed not to be real. 'Where are you staying?' 'This hotel, Sandy booked me two rooms for 4 days'. Almost as if in a dream, Niall gives her his number.

Stumbling out towards the taxi, Niall starts to think out loud, 'Did that happen?'.

...

'Why on earth are meeting her?' Katherine laughed.

'Oh, I don't know' replied Niall. 'Casual interest, I suppose'.

'You do remember that she ripped your heart out, and it took us all nearly 3 months to help you get over it'. Katherine reminded him.

'Well, yes, there is that minor reason'.

Katherine threw a cushion at him. 'You can be such a twat at times!'

Niall batted away the cushion and sipped his drink. He was lucky that he had Katherine as a best friend. Someone who he could confide in, who had helped him during the dark days of Lisa's final illness, and had been there for him when reality had finally hit him that Lisa was gone and wasn't coming back.

Katherine's wife Annie, entered the room with a fresh tray of drinks.

'I've heard about this Karina, who was she?' Annie inquired.

'Everyone's after a couple of pints if I remember' sniggered Katherine.

'She wasn't that bad!' laughed Niall

'She was a Danish au pair who Niall got together with during his first year at Uni, and then left him for someone else' explained Katherine.

'We had a good thing going, but she got in with a bad crowd of other au pairs, drinking, drug-taking, etc. and they didn't like me because I told them what I thought of them, and they encouraged her to bin me and take up with someone else' recalled Niall, thanking Annie for the top-up.

'Is she together with someone then?' asked Annie

'Well, that's what I don't get'. Said Niall. 'She was so unforthcoming about the whole thing, where the kid's father was, and I don't know what on earth she has told the kids about me. I got the idea that they were expecting some sort of superman!'

'Ha!' exclaimed Katherine. The only thing that you have in common with Superman is that you might have your pants on outside your trousers!' Niall stuck his tongue out at Katherine.

'What did you see in her, when you got together?' said Annie, helping herself to another biscuit.

'Heh heh, I know', smirked Katherine. 'I saw her eating her corn on the cob once' Katherine demonstrated a rather phallic method of eating food. 'Swallowed it all in one' she laughed. Niall threw the cushion back.

...

'Niall, you made it' beamed Karina as she sure Niall walk through the door.

'Of course, I always keep my promises!' winked Niall. 'Fancy a drink?'

'I'm parched! -- See I remember your English phrases!' she giggled.

Once sat down together opposite each other and started talking about the past.

After an hour, Karina looked at Niall and said 'I came over a few years ago, and I looked for you, but you had disappeared, and there was nothing on Facebook or anything when I searched'.

Niall explained that after his parents had died, he had decided to move to another town nearer London, as his brother was living up in the north of England, so he no longer had any ties to where he had been living. 'I don't like Facebook or any of that social media, previously every village had an idiot, and now thanks to social media the fuckers have gone global! '.

Karina laughed at that. The little edges of her mouth curled up as they used to when he made her laugh.

'So are you on your own now?' ventured Niall.

'Yes', responded Karina quietly. 'Mark walked out on me when I got pregnant with Tilda. I don't know where he is. When Tilda was born, I called his parents, and they told me that they didn't care'.

'Jesus!' replied Niall. 'That's their grandchild!'

'We've never had a present or card or anything from the family' sighed Karina. 'It's just like they erased us from their mind.

'What about Mette's father?' Niall probed gently.

'He was nice at first, but he is an alcoholic, and he gets violent'. She shook her head. 'He was so nice when he met, I thought he was like you, but after we married, he got jealous, and put trackers on my car and wanted to know who I was meeting. The last straw was when he was drunk and punched Tilda to the ground. I fled to my sisters with the girls and a few clothes. We have a restraining order out on him'

'You do sound like you have been in the wars' Niall said sympathetically.

'Worse for you, with your wife dying' she replied.

'Not really in some ways. Lisa and I didn't want to part. You had no choice' shrugged Niall. 'What about the other au pairs?'

'Judith got caught with drugs by the family she worked with, two others disappeared into the night after running up a drugs bill with their dealers. I've no idea where they are now' she sighed.

Karina smiled. 'You were right about them, and Mark. You must be feeling so big-headed'.

'Nah, I knew I was right then' smirked Niall.

Time flew past as Niall told Karina about his travels from Australia to New Zealand, going down the Amazon in a canoe. He told her about Lisa and places he had been with her, dining on the Orient Express. Niall thought he could detect a small spark of jealousy in her eyes, but dismissed it. Karina spoke about her job as a nurse and her kids.

'I did try to find you', said Karina. 'I knew I had made a mistake, and I wanted to tell you, but I couldn't find you anywhere'.

'That's lovely to hear, but I don't we can be anything other than friends. I lost Lisa just over a year ago, and I just can't face another relationship with anyone. I would love to keep in contact with you as your friend though.' replied Niall.

Karina nodded sadly, knowing that this was right, but still one day hoping that it may change...

At 10 pm, Karina made her excuses as she had to go and relieve the babysitter. Hugging as friends, the former couple went their separate ways.

...

Weeks went past. Karina and Niall would email each other weekly, checking in about how each other was.

One afternoon, the MD called Niall into his office.

'Niall, we are really happy with your work, and we have a vacancy that we need to fill overseas urgently', the MD said. 'They'll be a big raise in salary, plus living expenses while you are out there'.

'Thanks' replied Niall sitting down in the chair opposite the MD.

'It's only temporary as we will review sales after one year, and if it doesn't work out, you can come back to London', the MD went on. 'I need someone whose quick to learn, and doesn't get flustered with the setup of a new office'. Thereof course was the unspoken reason that Niall didn't have a wife or children.

'So where is it?' asked Niall.

'Copenhagen' replied the MD.

'Copenhagen?' blanched Niall.

'Yes, Copenhagen, as in Copenhagen, Denmark' replied the MD. 'Problem?'

'Er, no' replied Niall.

...

Niall went home in a daze. Niall texted Katherine to tell her. Katherine responded with an invitation for him to join Annie and her for dinner and an emoji of a man putting his head into a tiger's mouth.

...

Settling into his new flat in Copenhagen, Niall looked out over the city. This would be his home for another year. What would the future bring?

...

Niall knew he was going to have to tell Karina that he was in Denmark. Texting her, he asked her to call him when she was home.

Karina called at 8 pm that evening. Taking a deep breath he answered.

'Hi, Karina. How are you?'

'I'm good Niall. I can't talk for too long. I've got a date in 20 mins'

'Shouldn't take long, but I thought I should let you know that I'm moving to Copenhagen for a while'

Silence on the other end. Finally, Karina responded. 'That's great! I can't wait to see you!' she said, before ringing off

Puzzled by that reaction, Niall put his phone down and went back to unpacking

...

Two days later, Karina called Niall.

'Sorry, if I sounded weird on the phone she said. 'It was just a shock to hear what was happening, and I didn't have any warning.

'No, I'm sorry I couldn't tell you earlier. The MD might have pulled the plug 24 hours before I left, so I waited until I was here and all official'.

'Can you come for dinner, this week?' she asked,

'Of course, I can, tell me where and when.

...

Dinner at Karina's started to become a regular occurrence for Niall. He started being invited every week, and always at the weekend. Niall also babysat for Karina when she was working late or on a date, and as he had a flair for languages, he often helped Tilda with her English/Danish homework, and being a former football coach he showed Mette how best to trap the ball and other ways to improve her football skills. Niall promised Mette he would come to see her play at her next match.

...

One evening, with the children in bed, Niall was waiting for Karina to come home. Hearing her car park outside, Niall began to gather his belongings to head home, when the door slammed shut harder than he had ever heard before. Karina was in tears.

'What's up?' said Niall, genuinely concerned. Sitting her down and getting her a drink, he waited for her to calm down.

'That bastard Ulrik has been cheating on me. I turned up at his house as a surprise, and found his ex-wife there in bed with him' she sniffed.

'Ah, that's a bastard' replied Niall slightly shocked.

'I thought he was going to be right, and then I find out this. What do I so wrong?'

'You don't. You just find out what people are like. I've been there'.

Karina hugged Niall. 'Please just stay a while. Please.'

'You just need to be with someone you can feel superior to?' grinned Niall. For the first time in the evening, she laughed. Wiping her eyes, she looked with gratitude. 'You always know how to make me feel better'.

'Would you do us a favour?' asked Karina. Not me, she said to us, noticed Niall.

'Sure', replied Niall, 'What is it?'

'Ulrik promised to take Mette and Tilda to Trivoli this weekend. I can't afford the tickets on my own. I can't face telling them that we can't go. Could you come with us?' pleaded Karina.

'Of course, I will'.

....

Niall had been to Trivoli before, but never with children. Mette had jumped onto his shoulders, and Tilda was running around trying to go on every ride. In everyone's eyes, the four of them looked like a perfect family.

....

One evening, Niall had sat down to dinner. It had been a hard day, and he was exhausted. He had flopped into his chair and was looking forward to some trash TV to relax. Suddenly his mobile rang, Karina's number was flashing.

'Tilda's gone missing' Karina said in a panicked voice. 'OK, I will be with you in a moment' replied Niall, grabbing his keys and heading for the door.

Driving towards Karina's house, he noticed a young girl walking on the side of the road away from Karina's house. Niall suddenly realised that it was Tilda. Parking up as safely as he could, he ran over to her. 'Tilda, what's wrong, where are you going?'

'My father and grandparents don't want me and I just hate school' she said, not stopping walking. 'Please Tilda, let's talk about this' Tilda stopped, burst into tears, and fell into Niall's arms. Walking her back to his car, Niall promised to take her home.

'Your father and grandparents are missing out on knowing, a wonderful, beautiful, young woman, it's their loss, not yours. I'd be so proud if you were my daughter. Look at how brilliantly you have mastered those languages you are studying'. Tilda smiled.

Taking Tilda home, Niall saw Karina outside the house frantically seeing if she could see any sign of her. Seeing Niall open the door to reveal Tilda, Karina ran and embraced her daughter so hard. She looked at Niall with gratitude shining in her eyes.

...

The placement had been great for a year, but the MD had broached the subject with Niall that he might want Niall back to London or perhaps to a new office he was thinking of setting up in New Zealand. Niall had been excited about the prospect of going to New Zealand. He'd loved visiting that time, and the only reason he hadn't moved there was due to his new relationship with Lisa.

Still Giddy, he met up with Karina that night for their regular weekly dinner. Niall started gabbling away, telling her about the potential of moving to New Zealand, about when he had visited, and how much he was looking forward to going back.

Karina had been startled when Niall started up about New Zealand and tried not to look upset. She had loved having Niall back in her life, even if it was just as her friend. The kids loved him, he had been more of a father in a year than either of the deadbeat DNA donors (she couldn't call them fathers). Karina picked at her food trying not to cry.

She recovered enough to try to look happy for Niall, as it was obvious that he was so excited and thrilled at the chance of moving to New Zealand. She knew it was going to hurt when he waved goodbye to her and the kids at the airport, possibly never seeing them again. She had to do something, but what? Emotional blackmail wouldn't work, and she didn't want to use her kids as that may just damage them and hurt them even more.

There had to be another way. A thought started to emerge in Karina's mind. A dangerous thought. An exciting thought. Perhaps the only way was to channel her 20-year-old self again....

...

Karina asked Niall to come to dinner for a second night later in the week. She had sent the children to her mother's for the night. Having prepared dinner, and herself, she just waited for Niall's arrival. When Niall arrived, she passed him a drink, and they started to chat about each other's day. Niall noticed that Karina seemed to be nervous, but put that down to yesterday's news. After a few minutes, Niall noticed that he was becoming disorientated and dizzy. Noticing this, Karina asked him if he felt ok. Niall couldn't move and fell onto the couch asleep.

Sometime later, Niall awoke to find himself nude and spread-eagled on the bed. His arms and his legs were tied to each corner of the bed.

'What the fuck!' exclaimed Niall. His eyes were beginning to accustom themselves to the dark, and he could notice movement in the room. Karina came into his gaze, dressed only in a demi-bra and thong.

'I need you, I need you to stay with us she said. 'I know you love my kids, and I just want to show you how much I love you, and just remind you of what we used to have.

Niall was dumbfounded. Why this, why not just ask? Without further notice, Karina got onto the bed and moved her head close to his groin.

'Remember when I used to tie you up?' Oh god, that was her plan. She was going to remind him of all those hard-core sex sessions they used to have. They would romp all day, and she would tie him up and ride him hard. She used to turn Niall into a sex maniac in those sessions.

Niall groaned as she took him in her mouth, licking the head and then sucking him deep throat. Gently, she would caress his balls and would hum and sigh while doing it. Edging him close to orgasm, she would stop, and let the throb die, before starting again.

Virtually now insane with lust, Niall would haul at the ropes, thrashing around the bed trying to break them off.

'Do you remember the other game we used to play?' she flashed an evil smile at him

Niall remembered. She would tease him that she was ovulating that day, and would fuck him bareback. She would pretend to be ready for a baby....

'Well, this time, I'm not pretending. The small part of rationality left in Niall's brain shouted caution, but he was too in lust with her again. God, he needed to stay with her. He loved her kids, he loved his life here, and he loved her. He did.

Without waiting for a reply, she took his rock-hard cock, and gently inserted it inside her. Like a champion that has received their trophy, she looked proud and she started to bounce on him.

'You're going to knock me up Niall' she said as she rode him hard. Niall was silent, breathing heavily. His face was a mixture of anger, rage, and desire. 'I am ovulating, and I'm very, very fertile right now.

Karina stopped riding him. She could see in his eyes that the dangerous and exciting lover of her past was re-emerging. She decided to take a risk. Leaning over she started to gently undo the ropes. First right foot, then right hand, then left foot, and left hand. Just sliding the knots away, and seeing the ropes fall to the floor. Niall didn't move. Those dark eyes never left her face.

12