All Comments on 'The Dark Chronicles Ch. 00'

by ElectricBlue

Sort by:
  • 16 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
mistake already?

Its a bit of a downer to find you cannot even spell dragon correctly. What chance will the rest of your story have. You may have heard of this incredible program its called a spell checker.Perhaps you could spend a few seconds using it .As we had in school D- see the teacher

ElectricBlueElectricBlueover 5 years agoAuthor

Sigh. Look up archaic language in your dictionary.

challengemechallengemeover 5 years ago
dragen

damnit I only did it because nobody else had bothered to comment I hoped to get some responses going to get the readers to sit up and take notice while looking for other errors [analitis as it were] you could have called your creature a dorgon and someone would have had a moan good luck with the story I dont go in for destructive critisim its counter productive its a great way to lose the better writers from our story sites just as an example Jryter on sol got sick of the trolls berating him after all the only payment you guys [and girls of course] get is our thanks regards Andy

LoquiSordidaAdMeLoquiSordidaAdMeover 5 years ago
Mesmerizing

There's a poetry here worthy of a great epic. I expect the story will live up to the lofty language you've chosen to use, and I'm looking forward to being enchanted by this tale for many a night.

JasonClearwaterJasonClearwaterover 5 years ago
As a beta reader for this epic,

I can tell you this story is well worth investing in. By the last chapter I was demanding daily updates. The man knows how to spin a tale... and how to appease his loyal fans. (:

If only he could learn to spell... ;)

holliday1960holliday1960over 5 years ago
Masterpiece of writing rather than a left-handed read

A long awaited epic work of British-style writing and lore. A twist on ancient tongues, and a redux of a tale that carries the reader into a land of dark-ages and sinister dealings with the mysteries of those times. Despite the unfolding tale and the unraveling of notable characters, this is no one-handed read. It requires a small knowledge of UK history and a required taste for the unique eloquence of all that is Brit. This isn't everyone's cuppa, but it's a far more tasty cuppa anything else you may find on Lit.

SimonDoomSimonDoomover 5 years ago
intrigued

I don't usually read fantasy stories on Literotica but I'm intrigued about where this is going to go after reading the prologue. There are hints of things to come. It's obvious that a great deal of care has been put into the story-telling so far. As always you have a distinctive and interesting narrative voice and style. The description is excellent. You don't reveal too much, which makes me want to read more to figure things out.

Oh, anonymous reader, please get a clue. The spelling choice obviously was intentional. Mr. Anon needs to leave the archaic fantasy realm and go back to another modern telling of mom gives son a feel under the table while feeding him spaghetti. There will be no alleged misspellings of fantasy beast names in that realm.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
interesting

I like the story, wish it was a longer read. Love the plot and it is going to be interesting how you bring the two worlds together...

SamScribbleSamScribbleover 5 years ago
Craft!

About the closest I usually come to reading fantasy is my annual reading of the Seamus Heaney version of Beowulf. On the rare occasion that I dip into fantasy on Lit I usually find a couple of good ideas but an author totally lacking the skills to make them work. I only read this because a friend (whose judgement I trust) recommended it. (Well done, that girl.)

ElectricBlue is a craftsman with some serious skills. Damnit. Now it looks as if I’m going to have to stick with it right to the end – and thus break another of my rules. :)

ZZchromosomeZZchromosomeover 5 years ago

Loving this so far. Merlin is a classic archetype and I always enjoy seeing him in a story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Erm. . . DragEn ?

Good story, nicely told, but do please forgive me about dragen.

I believe the word is DRAGON. Of course, this could be a mis-translation or some other admin mistake, but it sure jars my soul. :)

ElectricBlueElectricBlueover 5 years agoAuthor
Dragen

is quite deliberate. It is used to show an archaic language, not a twenty-first century usage of English.

The story is set in the sixth century AD, and I suspect words were spelt very differently back then, at the whim of the writer. The reader is invited to picture Maerlyn writing the story out by hand, and as he is a cantankerous man, I imagine he spelt words as he chose.

AfterDuskAfterDuskover 5 years ago

You've a way with words and effectively translate the imagery you see; well done. (I picked up on the altered spelling right away and didn't find it at all distracting, it seemed to flow naturally with the voice of the story)

PurplefizzPurplefizzover 2 years ago

A cracking start to a series, I’m thoroughly looking forward to reading more!

LdyHoneybeeLdyHoneybeealmost 2 years ago

This makes me embarrassed that my little story got any 5s at all!

cmj711cmj711about 1 year ago

Oh, a voyage into the unknown.

I have avoided this series, I should've known better. xox

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userElectricBlue@ElectricBlue
A writer of mostly urban erotica, with more café scenes than a classic French movie; occasional departures to more fantastic worlds, off planet and on.

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES