The Dark Star - Lockdown Vol. 02

Story Info
An unthinkable event causes turmoil and uncertainty.
17k words
3.5k
1
1

Part 2 of the 4 part series

Updated 06/13/2023
Created 10/12/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Dark_Logan_
Dark_Logan_
305 Followers

Chapter Four; Last Stand

The TV slipped into silence

Muting or pausing the broadcast would have been simpler, as the green volume bar on screen dwindled slowly from right to left the not unattractive Female Newsreader started to silently mouth incomprehensible words.

Reaching for the new full bottle of Brandy in front of him the breaking of the screw cap the crack of the caps seal filled the room shortly accompanied by the single ice cube rattling along the bottom of the tumbler to his left-hand side until it was muffled by the dark amber liquid that filled the base of the expensive looking cut-glass tumbler.

Bringing the glass to his lips, he didn't sip he took a long steady slug, the ice cube served no purpose whatsoever other than to rest against his top lip as he drank with a thirst, he'd not recognised he'd had, not the requirements of a thirsty man, the requirements of a man seeking to numb the increasingly heightened levels of anxiety that gnawed away at him.

Anxiety that had grown over seven long drawn-out days. Pouring another heavy measure free hand into the tumbler he picked up the phone from face down on the kitchen counter. Her smiling face looking straight at him, a smile from behind wide dark lensed sunglasses and beneath the shade of a large summer hat. Her wide mischievous smile. He could almost feel the stifling heat of the day he'd taken that photo; could hear the sights of the taverna that overlooked the small port where fishing boats would head out from at break of dawn and return laden with the most delicious fresh fish and seafood just before lunch. Long lazy lunches over glasses of crisp ice-cold white wine. Much happier times, carefree times. In actuality only less than nine months previous but feeling like a lifetime ago.

Pressing his thumb to the front screen the memory faded just as fast as the onscreen image did, replaced with the names and numbers of his most recent call logs. A pitifully short list of four contacts. Ari's personal number the most popular, seconded by her desk number, Jamie's number was the least contacted. The third number the number he'd called regularly since connecting the phone in November was Hetti's. Calling her simply to hear the seventeen seconds of a solitary answerphone message, seventeen seconds in which he could hear her voice.

Logan hit redial on Ari's mobile only to be diverted after a half a dozen rings or so to her own voicemail. "Hey it's Ari.... leave me a message for me to ignore"

Before the networks automated assistants voice offered patronising instruction, he cancelled the call and set the phone back down. He was sure she'd have heard the news he'd just seen. After all shit was getting far too serious, far to real, with the government enforced announcement that Pubs, Clubs, Restaurants and Entertainment Venues were to close doors with immediate effect. Draconian measures issued ridiculously on a Friday evening aimed solely at stifling the rise in infections from the virus, and to ultimately control the spiralling numbers of deaths across the country. The Dark Star wasn't immune. Logan's mind casting back the swathes of bodies that would cram the venue of a Friday and Saturday night. He could appreciate the breeding ground of an air born virus in the human soup the venue would become. Not from tonight though. From tonight as with all venues across the county the doors would close, the old girl would fall silent in the face of a growing Pandemic.

It was well over a year since he'd properly last visited his old club at full capacity. The Club he'd left to Ari, in albeit a crippled financial state having drawn down every penny he could to finance his new life and new start. He'd known Ari would, even without experience, keep the place alive and functioning and access the Mancini money to tidy her over would assist. From what he understood the place had never been so prosperous, so alive.

Reimagined slightly but maintaining its ethos, he could see her own passion for the premises her pride and sense of achievement when she spoke about the venue. She always referred to The Dark Star as his Club, but he knew, as did Ari, that the Club categorically belonged to her.

Coupled with the events of the last week on a personal level Logan realised the enforced closure would remove the positive distraction that the hands on and time-consuming business offered. He'd been genuinely shocked that by Saturday of last weekend Ari had found the resolve, had covered her bruised and battered body and made her way to the Club for the biggest night of the week.

She'd amazed him as much as she had concerned him, burying far too deeply and far too quickly the unknown, to him, traumatic events that befallen her at the hands of Hector Salazar and the patrons of his vile private members establishment. The Collective.

Logan's thoughts were suddenly rudely distracted by multiple pairs of heeled feet descending the stairs into the main hallway. He heard the cacophony of voices but could not make out, or for that matter care, for what they said such was their collective din. Sienna and a group of friends. Their laughter and excited shrieking filled the hallway into the kitchen on twisted slightly grating echoes. The front door eventually slamming shut behind them, silencing their caterwauling. Immediate solace returned around him. The mockery the group of girls made of the civil enforcement attempted to be being enforced nationally, all for the sake of one last night

Efforts to sidle up to and embrace the existence of Siena Mancini had not been working out, not in the least because of the random schedules adopted by the twenty-year-old. He'd been unable to engage with her himself purely from a lack of exposure to the youngster. Tonight, a prime example of the lifestyle led but equally to the contempt and respect she showed, having turned up at the house with a handful of friends around two hours ago. A noisy home invasion Logan had opted to avoid in the main so far but there was no doubt they'd all be returning at some point in the night. An entente cordial was barely maintained under the roof of the vast property; Logan's ability to ignore and hide away from situations and Ari's headlong dive into the positive distraction work provided were only delaying what he sensed was the inevitable. Perhaps Ari's distraction by work wasn't a bad thing after all.

He swilled the Brandy around the tumbler, the contents offered no genuine resolution.

Consuming enough would do though, if only in the short term.

Picking up the bottle and leaving his phone on the counter he slipped from the kitchen looking for a spot to become comfortably numb.

**********

Taking a deep inhale through the blunt of the hand rolled joint he felt the heat of the glowing ember on his lips.

Stubbing out the last of the spliff, his second of the night, into an ashtray fashioned from a little white ramekin he exhaled the thick long billow of smoke across the room.

His mind everywhere but on the film he watched. The effect of the weed dulled his senses but tinged his thoughts with paranoia as he tried to concentrate on the film, he'd already seen several times before. Thousands of films to stream and he couldn't find a thing to watch.

He felt a stir of hunger only then realising he'd not properly eaten since lunch and that had been an all too basic tuna salad Ari had prepared, which constituted little more than a can of tuna and a bad of prewashed lettuce. Rising from the comfort of the dark grey leather single recliner seat in the Cinema room he paused the on-screen image and made his way towards the double doors that led from the room.

Opening the doors, he immediately heard the excited shrieking voices coming from the direction of the Kitchen. 'Fuck' he wasn't in the mood for having to deal with people, let alone shrieking excitable people, but his need for nourishment was greater. 'Suck it up Logan' he thought to himself while continuing along the hallway a little fuzzy headed, the stark lights a little too invasive to his blood shot eyes as he entered the kitchen from a side door.

The four of them stood there around the kitchen breakfast bar which appeared to be littered with the contents of the drink's cabinet. Siena with her back to him stood with her arm around the shoulder of a blonde dressed in a black tight dress with thigh length black suede boots. A blonde with shorter hair stood the opposite side of the counter passing a rolled note to a dark-skinned girl in a leather vest top that barely covered ample breasts. Taking the note, she lowered herself over the counter and without hesitation inhaled a line of, presumably, cocaine from a mobile phone screen.

"Shit me," she gasped her hand to her significant chest on seeing that he'd entered the room "That's some pure shit there."

"Don't mind me girls," Logan said aloud as he walked into the room, in no way fussed by the narcotics that the girls did their best to hurriedly try and hide.

Muttered statements and dropped eye-lines roundly ensued from all four of them, bringing a wry smile to Logan's lips. What were they expecting to be chastised like naughty schoolgirls? Logan's only thoughts were that he was actually a little bitter not to be partaking. Figuring he couldn't ask and that they wouldn't offer.

The side unit was covered in a plethora of bottles of both spirits and mixers, alongside of near every glass from the cabinet and a bag of ice split open that slowly melted across the counter. No doubt their idea of an attempt at wiping down after themselves.

Headed to the fridge Logan grabbed a loaf of white bread, a pack of sliced chicken and a pack of ham, alongside a pot of Mayo and English Mustard. There was salad left in the bottom tray of fridge but in his current state of mind he viewed such foodstuff as simply empty calories.

"You're back early," he stated in their general direction looking in part to reaffirm no harm was caused by their presence as he busied himself.

"Everywhere was shutting early," Siena offered on a hint a little awkwardness

"Or just shut," offered the blonde with shorter hair. It was already patently obvious none of the girls truly wanted to fully engage.

Logan looked to his bevelled watch face seeing that it was a little after 11pm, his thoughts once again on what Ari was doing having not heard from her.

"Seriously though how long d'you think everywhere will be shut for?" He heard one of the girls enquire not to him but to her friends.

"Who knows Pip...couple of weeks maybe."

"You know what this is so un-fucking fair" he heard a response but wasn't sure from whom.

He was about to interject with a valid point as to the morality and the seriousness of the situation when he decided better of it. He might not command much street cred with the group of young girls but better to be seen as a middle-aged man making a sandwich than the lunatic stranger preaching at them. He set then to layering ham and chicken slices on bread.

Catching Siena's eye briefly as he looked over again, she was well dressed in a fitted white vest top over a black pleated leather skirt, stocking effect tights worn under the skirt met calf high white lace up boots. Logan returned the soft smile but also became conscious of the lingering gaze of the long-haired blonde girl who'd stepped away a little now from Siena and seemed to be watching him intently. He made brief eye contact and no more as he took a large knife and cut diagonally through the now stacked sandwiches.

"I'll leave you girls to it" Logan offered collectively, genuinely not as offended by the intrusion as Ari would have been.

"We'll keep the noise down." Siena offered sincerely in reply.

"Fuck that..." Logan stated with a smirk once again trying not to be seen as a prude. "...This place is big enough and I sleep like a log anyway... enjoy salvaging your night."

It was outright lie about sleeping but under the combined effect of the weed and the Brandy he hoped the artificial anaesthesia would tonight offer a little salvation to the crippling insomnia of late.

While leaving the kitchen he heard the main entrance door latching closed, this place was like Piccadilly Circus this evening.

Looking up with the plate in hand he saw Ari dressed all in an all-black fitted trouser suit, her platinum hair hung tied to the side down over her left shoulder. Logan realising the Club mustn't have even opened, let alone open to close early. She was not alone. She was shadowed by a tall dark male who Logan questioned if he recognised or not from somewhere or another. With a nod Ari fired him a look that was simply interpreted. He duly kept his mouth shut, even if his heart sank a little.

With a nod in return Logan disappeared along the marble floored hall that led back to the Cinema room. Not dwelling on who the stranger with Ari was so much as what he was doing here?

Logan was kidding himself he knew exactly what he was doing here. In his heart he questioned Ari's mental, let alone physical capacity to be involved with somebody so close to the events of last week. Perhaps such a liaison was what she thought she needed.

Entering back into the Cinema Room taking the film off pause Logan took a bite from one of the four sandwiches he'd hastily thrown together. Trying to clear his mind, trying not to consider Ari.

Trying not to consider the strong emotions she invoked within him.

**********

"What you watching?"

Her sudden appearance caught Logan unawares as he turned his head sharply towards the double doors.

The blonde stood there; the taller, longer haired blonde. Stood there in thigh high black suede boots which accentuated the strip of pale flesh between the top of her boots as the hem of her tight fitted black dress. In her left hand she clutched a bottle of Smirnoff Vodka.

He searched his addled memory for a name, or having overheard a name, when they'd been in the kitchen an hour or so ago. If she had one, in so much had she been called one in his presence he'd not remembered it.

"What you watching?" She enquired again.

Logans first thought being was she was impatient, or had she genuinely forgotten she'd already asked the question.

"Fight Club"

"Oh," she feigned interest. "Never seen what's it about?"

"See that's the first rule of Fight Club," Logan ambiguously answered.

"What is?" He watched as she stumbled a little as she invited herself in, passing across his line of sight to slump rather heavily into the identical dark grey leather recliner to his Left, he was obviously gaining company.

"I think the reference would be lost on you," Logan offered with a dry smirk

"Oh....Ok.... Oh my is that Brad Pitt?" She stated sitting forward as if a closer look would confirm for herself. "Fuck he was hot when he was younger... although...he's fucking hotter now though"

She fixed a lopsided grin on Logan as she took a swig from the bottle of Vodka before setting it on the table between them, next to his near empty bottle of Brandy, before asking aloud; "Can I smell pot?"

"You probably can," Logan offered sitting back half watching her half watching the film, trying to justify it wasn't that old a film then realising it was probably older than she was. Despite her presence he wasn't minded asking her name.

"You're not gonna tell Sienna, are you?" Logan offered dryly. "About the weed."

His was words were dripping in a sarcasm which he wasn't sure she'd get. She seemed erratic, excitable and high strung, causing Logan to wonder how much cocaine the party of four had gotten themselves through tonight.

"Your secret is safe with me...She doesn't mind you...it's your girlfriend Arabella she can't fucking stand"

Logan didn't correct her about their relationship although he also knew better than to be drawn into such a conversation. None the less he turned to face her. Unable to keep his eye from casting up along her pale firm thigh that was exposed as she curled up a little in the chair.

"I've noticed a little tension between the two of them.... I can't think why?" Logan offered

The long-haired blonde simply chuckled shaking her head at him. On meeting her eyes, he could barely see the whites of her eyes for hugely dilated pupils, sat framed by dark dusky make up. It was patently obvious that coke was responsible for their distorted appearance, even if had not been for the tell-tale flecks of white within her nostrils as he paid closer attention to her petite features.

"So, you got bored of your little party then?" Logan enquired.

"A little," she mischievously stated "... and I just wondered how much more fun could be had than playing drinking games like 'I have never'"

Despite her obvious intoxication she spoke coherently, he had to credit it her with that much.

"Fun?" Logan responded. "You missed the games room next door then?"

"And what sort of games get played in the Playroom?" the blonde responded with her own question.

"Pool, Snooker, there's a Vintage arcade machine..." Logan stated matter of factly "...and it's a Games Room...the Playroom is upstairs"

He was unsure why he imparted such knowledge, especially having never seen inside of the room himself and making only assumption on the purpose of Ari's secret little locked room.

"Sounds intriguing..." the blonde offered biting a little at her bottom lip "...Maybe I should explore more"

"It's locked." was the honest curt answer he replied with "...saved for special occasions."

The second part of the statement even he couldn't be sure he was being honest about.

"So, I'm not special" she pouted with a delectable grin "So...Are you any fun then Mr?"

"I've been known to be," Logan offered keeping his gaze on hers, happy to entertain the notion of her interest in him if nothing else.

"Great... Fancy some coke then?" was her immediate slightly excitably delivered question.

Minutes later bent over the glass topped table which had been cleared of bottles and the makeshift ash tray he watched as she leaned forward offering an unfettered view into her cleavage as she inhaled through a twenty note the thick white line of crystallised powder, she'd chopped using a bank card.

Inhaling sharply, she sniffed her nostrils while handing him the rolled note; he dropped his head forward from his seated position and inhaled the thick white line cut for him.

The buzz was instant, he felt the tingle through his nasal cavity as he dabbed a finger across the glass table and rubbed the residual coke over his gums. It had been a while, like catching up with an old friend, he didn't miss the acrid taste washing down the back of his mouth though. Swallowing hard he reached for the bottle of Vodka and took a heavy swig before offering it to her.

"It's fucking good this stuff." she offered taking a swig of the Vodka

"Give it five and I'll let you know" Logan smirked, playing it cool but instantly agreeing with the purity of the coke.

"Trust me it is," she grinned.

Immediately something stirred with in him as he cast his eyes back over her, as the cocaine filled his bloodstream a numb tingle to his gums and the back of his throat already setting in.

"So...." Logan pondered.

"So what?" she offered.

"Sounds like you bailed on the game you were playing...., I have never is that what you called it.... So, what's something you've never done?"

She blushed a little, a sincere and hideously endearing little blush. "Seriously... you're seriously asking me that?"

"Sounds like I am....or are you scared"

Logan was all too aware of the open flirtation that seemed to be building. Aware and uncaring as he watched her brush hair back of her flushed face.

"Scared No...It's just a little bit cringe" she offered back

"I'll lead then..." Logan fuelled by the rush of overconfidence from the pure coke seized initiative, ignoring her bashfulness

Dark_Logan_
Dark_Logan_
305 Followers