The Darkness Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You lost about three pints of blood. Even with me replacing some of it, you are still weak. You will do this House no good if you try to leave now, and Gabriel has forbidden you to leave until his arrival." Alek moved to her side and placed one arm under her good one for support.

Yada looked into his eyes and was about to pick a fight, but she didn't. "Fine, I'll rest," she grumbled.

"Gabriel was correct when he said you learn fast." Alek laughed. "Now back to bed. I'll have Simon or Li Chou bring you something to eat later."

Yada stumbled back to the bed and laid on her right side so she could face him. "I have a question for you. When we were at the Council Hall, how did you know I would react poorly to what was inside?"

"I didn't. Sometimes we lose control with the smell of blood. I didn't want you to be hurt in case of a frenzy." He sat on the bed behind her.

Rolling over, she moved a pillow so he could lie beside her. "I'm rather embarrassed actually I got sick there." Yada admitted.

"Actually you handled yourself extremely well. I take it this was your first time finding anything like that."

She nodded. "It was. I have been trained to handle just about anything and everything thrown at me, but seeing Kevin like that was rather unexpected."

Alek pulled the pillow under his head and listened to her. "I remember the first time I saw a mass murder. It was in 1560 in Milan. The local Church there slaughtered twenty-two women. They butchered them in God's name and set the bodies on fire to cover what they had done. I lost my dinner as well."

"If you are trying to make me feel better, it's working." She nudged his side.

He grimaced. "Watch the rib please," he said, unbuttoning his shirt and removing it. Along his side was a ten inch long slash mark.

"What happened?"

"I brought you here and went back to clean the scene. I was attacked. It was some fledgling recently changed. She had a beer bottle and got a lucky slice in." He said it as though this was routine to him.

Yada thought about it for a long time. Killing and healing was becoming a routine. It was the law of the land-- Kill or be killed. She traced the wound softly. "How come you haven't healed it?"

"It'll be fully healed by sunset. Normally I would expend the blood to heal it faster, but," he paused.

"But you gave it to me instead. I get it now." She tried to smile. "Thanks for showing up when you did. I know my life isn't worth much and I am very grateful that you saved it."

"There are no thanks needed. You are a Michelson, and I protect all that is Michelson." There was conviction in his voice.

"I see," she whispered.

"Go to sleep, Yada," he yawned. "It's early and the sun is already up."

She closed her eyes and planned on resting for a few minutes and once he was in a deep slumber she would leave the room. But instead she fell into a deep sleep as well.

Yada tried to never dream. Ever since Gabriel cycled with her she had had nightmares about events in his past. Tonight was no different, except she dreamed of Alek's past. She saw him standing in Rome fighting through the centuries. It was always the same. Death and destruction followed by remorse and sorrow.

Gabriel walked into the room a little past 10:00 P.M. Yada was still sleeping on the bed with Alek's arm draped over her chest. He watched them for several minutes, trying to figure out just why they were still in bed and why he would find them this way. Stepping closer he saw the pink outline on Alek's side. He also noted the small pinky sized wound on Yada's shoulder.

Sitting in the chair in the corner of the room he waited another few minutes before clearing his throat rather loudly. Alek was the first to jump awake. He rolled off the bed and grabbed his katana before realizing where he was. "Sir," he bowed his head.

Yada was next. She sat straight up. Her right hand went under the pillow, looking for the handgun she normally slept with. "Gabe," she whispered as her mind cleared. She moved to kneel at his side. She placed her head on his thigh.

"I would ask the two of you what the hell you are still doing in bed, but that would defeat the purpose of why you were there to begin with. First, you Alek, you need to get some clothes on and meet with April and Miguel. They are waiting downstairs."

"Right away my lord," Alek bowed again and grabbed his shirt as he left the room.

"As to you," he lifted Yada's head so he could look her in the eyes. "I heard you were a bit defiant last night and nearly lost your life. How many times do I have to stress to you, if you die I will have to start over and I'm too bored to do that. Now tell me what happened on the street."

"Sire," she hated resorting to a title for him, but from time to time she had to. "I was caught off guard. He attacked me with a silver spike. It means someone told him how to get my attention. I killed him, he left me no choice. I have never seen him before. What troubles me is that I have only just returned home. Someone knew I was back and," she took a deep breath. "Someone has been watching me for a long time. They knew I would end up on that street."

"I see," Gabe cleared his throat again. "How long have you been frequenting this part of town?"

"For about a month after you left for New York."

"I see," he said again. "Get ready and meet me downstairs. We have a meeting," was all he said before walking out of the room.

12