The Darkside of Amanda Ch. 01

Story Info
John meets his new neighbor, Amanda.
5.5k words
11.5k
36

Part 1 of the 3 part series

Updated 04/24/2024
Created 09/20/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Preface: This first chapter is more establishing the two main characters.

For those of you old enough to remember the "adult bookstores," long before there was the internet, remember how all the erotic novels were prefaced with disclaimers that the story to follow was a psychological study in human behavior? That always gave me a good laugh. Don't think of this as an erotic story. This is a story about a woman who's life is forever changed as the result of one fateful encounter in college.

John drove home mentally and emotionally exhausted. It had been a long night with the Sheriff's Department. First, a domestic dispute that went sour before he and his fellow deputy even got in the door. Then while he was filling out the report for that, a call went out for back-up with an armed robbery at a convenience store. So, by the time he drove into his sub-division, as the sun came up, he was looking forward to spending some quality time with his friend, Jack Daniels, and then a long days sleep. 'At least I have the next three days off, and then it's back to daytime,' he kept saying to himself.

John had joined the Army right out of high school. After doing his four years with the Army he went back home to the Chicago area and decided he didn't want to live there anymore. He packed up what little he had, and the money he'd saved while he was in the Army and moved to Florida. At the age of 23 he was already sick of winters in the Midwest. He didn't care how hot it got in Florida, it would always be better than those cold winters in Illinois.

He'd visited Daytona Beach a few times during his teen years, when his parents went on vacation there. He loved it there. So that's where he settled. He got himself an apartment and then settled in. After several months of working several jobs to pay the bills, he heard the Sheriff's Department was hiring. So he applied. His military background was a plus for him, and he was hired. That was twelve years ago.

John was a quiet guy. He'd always been that way. He developed one love interest after he'd been in the department for a couple years. A nice girl named Shannon. They'd been introduced to each other by a mutual friend. She was an attractive girl with a great sense of humor. It didn't hurt that she had a great figure, with a set of tits that would have made Dolly Parton envious. He'd always tried to be respectful of women, and not treat them or think of them as sexual objects. But his kryptonite was big tits. And Shannon loved having hers played with.

He and Shannon were good together, in and out of bed. They began talking about marriage. But the closer they got, the more their differences became evident. Shannon wanted him to "share" his day with her, every day after work. Most days John didn't want to talk about all the stuff he had to deal with. John had never been much of a "talker" when it came to his day. Most days he didn't want to even think about it, let alone talk about it at the end of his shift. He didn't want to shut Shannon out of his life. He just didn't want to talk about that part of it.

Their break-up was an amicable one. But it left John realizing he had some issues that would probably always stand between him and a lasting relationship. He had several friends in the department, both male and female, that had the same issues. He understood why the divorce rate was so high among cops.

John focused on his job and making money, taking security jobs in night clubs and any where else he could when he wasn't on duty. He eventually made enough to buy a nice house in one of the new sub-divisions in the Daytona Beach area. A house at the end of a cul-de-sac that backed up to some wooded wetlands.

He waved at a couple of different neighbors, getting in their cars just starting their day, as he drove back to his house, looking forward to the end of his day. He was fortunate enough to have good neighbors who looked out for each other. Most of them also loved the fact they had a Sheriff's deputy living in the neighborhood. They usually had a couple block parties every year, to which he always brought the most popular dish. He always made his version of a sloppy joe that went before anyone else's dish. He made it with a couple different ingredients the women were always begging him to tell them what they were. John was not only a bachelor, he was a handsome man who kept himself in shape because of his job. His efforts were not lost on any of the women. He loved the attention his recipe and his looks brought him from most of the ladies, especially Jeana Sanchez.

Jeana had just had her third child, and she was breast feeding. He did his best not to be a lecherous pig. But there were far too many times he'd catch himself staring at her bouncing udders as she would talk with him in her animated way. But she knew what she was doing whenever she dressed for their block parties. She enjoyed showing off her huge tits for all the men to gawk at. Her husband liked it too. Tony had a trophy wife, and he knew it. He loved it when other husbands would drool all over themselves looking at his wife.

He saw Amanda Goodman standing in front of her car with the hood up as he pulled into his own driveway. Amanda had just moved in next door a couple months before. John had just met her casually once before as he drove by her place, rolling down his window and welcoming her to the neighborhood. They had talked for a few minutes. Amanda was a school teacher who taught at the local elementary school. John worked extra hard to keep his eyes on her face as they spoke that first time. Amanda was another woman who had been blessed with an ample chest.

John was lousy at guessing people's age. As they spoke that first time, he guessed Amanda was in her mid-thirties. She was an attractive brunette. She kept her hair short, which probably helped make her look younger than her age of forty-five. She had a few extra pounds on her. But not enough that would qualify her as being fat. She had just transferred from the panhandle of Florida as a third grade teacher.

John walked across the yard that separated their two houses. He could hear Amanda sobbing as she stood in front of her car with the hood up. "What seems to be the problem?" He asked her as he walked around the car and stood next to her. The two stood side-by-side staring down at the engine as most people do when they have no idea why it won't start. As though staring at it will somehow miraculously fix the problem.

Amanda's face was streaked with tears. "I don't know." She tried to force herself to stop crying. "I'm just so sick of everything. Now this. My life has just gone to shit." She tried to choke back the tears but wasn't doing a very good job of it. "Now I'm going to be late for class."

John didn't want to put his arm around her thinking that might be too forward. So he just touched the side of her arm with his hand. "It's going to be alright. We'll get this figured out." He climbed in the driver's seat and tried to start the engine. Nothing. "I'm no mechanic, but I think you've got a bad starter."

Amanda threw her hands up. "Great! Another expense I can't afford right now!" She sobbed.

John had had enough emotional people in the last ten hours. He just wanted to calm her down. He climbed out of the car and stood in front of her, grabbing her by the shoulders. His eyes dropped to her heaving chest. 'I am such a fucking cad!' His brain screamed at him as he forced himself to look her in the eyes. "Calm down." He said softly. "Do you have a mechanic?"

Amanda shook her head. "No. I haven't had time to find someone I trust."

"Ok. Not a problem. I'm going to call my mechanic, who also has his own towing company. He takes care of all the county vehicles."

John pulled his cell phone from his pocket. "Hey Charlie. This is John Bonnar. I've got a lady here who needs some help. How busy are you?" John listened for a few seconds. "Could you tow her in this morning and work on it? You know I'm no mechanic. But I think it's her starter." John listened some more. "You can! That's great. Her house is right next to mine. I'll leave the keys under the front seat. I need to get her to work. Thanks man. I'll take care of you." John shoved his phone back in his pocket.

He smiled at Amanda. "All taken care of. Now let's get you to work. Get whatever you need out of your car and then put your car key under the front seat. I'm going to go change clothes real fast. Come over as soon as you've got everything you need.

John walked out of his front door. Amanda was waiting for him with backpack slung over her shoulder. "You ready?" He asked smiling at her. She nodded.

She climbed in the passengers side, stood the backpack between her legs and buckled up. "Thank you so much for helping me this way. You're so kind. You have no idea how much this means to me."

John just smiled as he kept his eyes on the road, knowing if he looked at her chest again it would probably result in an accident. "I'm glad I can help you. I'm sorry I haven't had the chance to get to know you better since you moved in. Life's been kind of crazy busy for me lately." That wasn't completely true. It had been crazy busy for him for years.

Amanda's mind immediately returned to the problem of her car. "Do you have any idea how much the bill will be for the car?"

John could hear the worry in her voice. "Well the towing is going to be free. I'm going to have him tow you under my AAA account. I never use all the tows I'm allowed anyway. As far as the repairs go, I'll tell him to give you the cop discount he has for all the cops he takes care of." John smiled as he glanced at her quickly.

Amanda was speechless. There was something about his demeanor that she knew he was just being genuinely kind to her. He had no ulterior motives. She'd known too many men who showed her kindness, only to come back expecting some type of "payment." She was hoping John didn't turn out to be one of those guys. But for some reason she didn't he was.

"Thank you so much." She felt herself wanting to cry again. But this time it was that release you feel after the stress you were under is suddenly relieved. "That's so kind of you. I don't know what to say." She hesitated before her next statement. "How can I repay you?"

John chuckled. "You don't owe me anything." He said it without hesitating. "I'm just glad I can help a neighbor."

Amanda somehow knew he was genuine. "Thank you." Was all she could think of saying as she stared at him.

John laughed as he glanced over at her. "You keep staring at me and I'm going to start feeling self-conscious."

Amanda laughed. "I'm sorry. It's just been a long time since someone was so kind to me."

"Well that's me!" He said sarcastically. "Mr. Kind."

Amanda sat silently as she tried to think of some way to show her appreciation for his help and kindness. She was pretty certain he wasn't married as she'd never seen another woman at his house, just down the lane from her. Plus he didn't have a wedding ring. Not that that meant anything these days. She'd been hit on by too many guys who were married, but never wore a wedding ring in public. "Can I make you dinner sometime?"

John's eyes lit up. "I'll never turn down an offer like that. I get tired of eating my own cooking, or eating out."

Amanda smiled. "Then dinner it is. Do you have a particular meal you like?" She felt her heart racing as she thought about making dinner for him.

"Nope. I like it all." He laughed. "If you make it, I'll eat it." He looked over at her. "And I'll love it."

Amanda didn't know what to say. The man sitting next to her was the polar opposite of her ex-husband. He had been demanding, unkind, a picky eater, and at times verbally abusive. But she wasn't going to allow herself to get her hopes up too high, only to have them dashed again. "How about tonight?" She asked before thinking about it. She had never been this impetuous.

John laughed. "You're in luck. I'll be hungry this evening."

Amanda sounded like a little girl as she giggled.

John turned into the school parking lot. "What time do you need to be picked up?"

She looked at him shocked. "I couldn't. No. I mean I'll find someone to... "

John cut her off. "What time do you need to be picked up?" He asked with a much sterner voice.

"3:30. Thank you." Was all she could think of saying.

"Then I'll see you at 3:30. Now I'm going to go home and get some sleep. It was a long night." There was a softness in his eyes as he looked at her. "You have a good day, and I'll see you later."

Amanda felt her pulse quicken as he stared into her eyes. She reached over and laid her hand on his. "Sleep well." She said smiling. "I'm looking forward to this evening."

John turned his hand over and squeezed her hand. "Me too."

Amanda smiled to herself as she walked across the parking lot and into the building. Then she giggled as she thought about all the times she'd caught him looking down at her chest, but then trying to hide it. She would have been repulsed by most men who looked at her that way. And she had been in the past. John was different.

Amanda was almost running when she exited the building at 3:45. She was fearful John would be upset because she had told him 3:30. Instead she found him standing with the school's liaison officer laughing. "Hi" She said softly as she walked up to the two men.

"Hey you." John greeted her. He turned back to the liaison officer. "I'll talk to you later Tom. Try not to be too hard on these kids."

Tom just laughed. "Get out of here you asshole."

John turned with Amanda and walked towards his truck. "How was your day?" He asked her enthusiastically.

"It was good. Went by fast." That was a lie. All Amanda thought about all day was John and the evening ahead of her. She didn't think the day would ever end.

"Well I have bad news and good news. What do you want to hear first?"

Amanda frowned. "I guess the bad news. Let's get it over with." She was fearful it was going to be the final price-tag for repairing her car.

"The bad news is your car won't be ready till tomorrow. It is your starter. But it was a part he had to order, and it won't come in from the dealer till tomorrow. So you're stuck with me as your Uber driver for another day." He finished the last statement with a chuckle.

Amanda thought to herself, 'if that's the bad news, then I'm really going to love the good news.' She felt her stomach jump at the thought of being "stuck" with John chauffeuring her around. "So what's the good news?"

John smiled at her softly. "The good news is you're not going to owe anything for the repair. I've sent a lot of business in Charlie's direction. So he thought he'd do me the favor of fixing your car no charge."

Amanda looked at him confused. It felt like her world was crumbling around her again. She choked back the tears. "So I owe you for the car repair?"

John shook his head. "Nope. You don't owe me anything. Except dinner." He said smiling.

Amanda just stared at him. "Every man whose ever done something nice for me has always expected some type of 'payment'. Nothing was ever free. It always had a price. And I was usually the price."

John understood where she was coming from. He'd heard this same story from so many women over the years. A sternness came over him as he responded. "Let's get something straight right now. I'm not one of those guys. When I tell you, 'you owe me nothing,' I mean just that. You are my neighbor, and hopefully my friend. I will treat you with the same respect I treat all my friends and neighbors. I expect nothing from you. I'll never demand anything from you."

Amanda's voice broke as she replied. She reached out and grabbed his arm. "I'm sorry! I just can't remember a time a man didn't expect me to 'put out' for him because he was nice to me. I'm just not used to being treated with such kindness."

John grabbed her hand and squeezed it hard. "Well you better start getting used to it. Because that's just the way I treat my friends."

Amanda knew right there she wanted to be more than just his friend. But she also knew there was so much within her that stood in the way of that happening. That side of her that just made men give up on her, using her for their own enjoyment and then walking away. "Are you hungry?" She asked with a weak smile.

"Starving." He responded smiling, squeezing her hand again.

She felt her need for his touch growing deeper. "Good. I need a few things from the grocery store to make what I want to make this evening."

John helped her up into his truck. "Then let's hit the store and get you home."

"What do you have to drink?" John asked as they walked into the grocery store.

"I have wine and some tea." She liked the feeling of walking in John.

"OK. I'm going to grab a six pack of beer."

"Why just a six pack? Get a whole case. You can just leave the extras at my place."

John was about to head to the liquor section when her statement stopped him. He turned and smiled at her. He had no intention of drinking a whole six pack, let alone a case. "So is there going to be more than one dinner?"

Amanda returned his smile. "I hope so."

"Me too." He turned and walked away wondering how the evening was going to playout.

John helped her carry what they'd bought into the kitchen. "What time should I be back for dinner?" He didn't want to leave. But he didn't want to presume on her either.

"You don't have to leave. I know watching me make dinner won't be very exciting. I just thought..."

"I'll stay." He replied interrupting her. Actually, the thought of watching her do anything sounded exciting for John. "Can't think of anything I need to do before dinner."

"Good." Amanda responded trying to hide her excitement. "Let me go upstairs and change out of my teacher clothes. I'll be right back."

John was drinking one of his beers, sitting at the kitchen table, when Amanda came back down. She had changed into a pair of jeans and a tight fitting t-shirt. 'Oh fuck! I'm screwed.' He thought to himself when Amanda walked into the kitchen. Then he chuckled to himself. 'She knows exactly what she's doing to me. TEASE!' He laughed out loud.

"What's so funny?" Amanda asked, afraid he was laughing at her.

"Nothing. Just a thought." He worked extra hard not to gawk at the mountains staring at him. "So how was your day?" He wanted to get her talking so he wouldn't have to.

"It was good. I have a great class." Amanda talked about her class as she unpacked what they had just purchased, then began working on dinner.

John watched her every move, enjoying what his eyes drank in. He listened intently as his mind naturally drifted to wondering what those tits would look like and feel like. Then wondering how sensitive they were. He snapped out of it when he realized his arousal was beginning to show in his pants.

Amanda smiled to herself as she noticed his fidgeting in his chair. She'd seen him, out of the corner of her eye, eyeing her body. She knew she had a body men enjoyed leering at. With most men it bothered her. John was making her feel good about herself as desirable. After she'd exhausted telling him about her class with everything she could think of, she turned the conversation to him. "So what about you? Why a Sheriff's deputy?"

John retold his story, starting from his time in the Army, and how his life unfolded up to the present. At one point he got up to get another beer from the fridge and used the opportunity to look over Amanda's shoulder as she stood at the stove. "Mmmm! Smells good." He complimented her. 'Looks good too.' He thought to himself as his eyes stayed locked on her jutting mounds.

Amanda turned her head just enough to notice his gaze again. A wave of boldness came over her. "Liking what you're seeing?" She asked without thinking. She immediately felt embarrassed as she heard herself asking that question. 'WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU THINKING?' Her brain screamed. 'I CAN'T BELIEVE I JUST ASKED HIM THAT!'

12