All Comments on 'The Day Hell Froze Over'

by qhml1

Sort by:
  • 284 Comments (Page 2)
OmniferisOmniferis10 months ago

was ok, but it was really short

katibkatib10 months ago

Superb! So much revealed with a minimun of words.

c24jc24j10 months ago

Seed planted, though i was hoping she'd find out he hadn't cheated, and it was her hateful father's doing! Good story!

inka2222inka222210 months ago

On one hand, this was well written. Not too surprising given the author, but very pleasing regardless. On the other hand, I fail to see the point of the whole idiotic charade. He had evidence of her cheating. He should have AT LEAST, divorced her for cause and enforced the pre-nup. At best, made the evidence public to drag the asswipe through the mud. I absolutely can't find a single plausible reason he chose the most idiotic brain-dead route of pretending to cheat and getting less money and everyone vilifying him. So, I'm forced to give it 3 stars, and honestly even that just for author being a good one, and craftsmanship. The story in isolation doesn't warrant more than 2 stars, she LITERALLY lost nothing at all, got the very best case scenario she could and zero downside. And he didn't even get a child of his (biological) own as a happy end.

Jetcrash747Jetcrash74710 months ago

Jasmine the ex wife seems to be spoiled to the core, she suffers from a severe case of Rectal Crainam Inversion!

woodrangewoodrange10 months ago

Awesome story totally amused

stev2244stev224410 months ago

Good stuff, as always.

skruff101skruff10110 months ago

Once again this author achieves what most other authors here fail miserably at…writing a bloody good story. It’s 5 from me.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Great story telling and I loved the ending! Well done.

wolftrapwolftrap10 months ago

Agree with Omniferis, would have loved a longer year yarn. Great story.

MattblackUKMattblackUK10 months ago

A great story! A 5* tale of when a liar's lies catch up with them.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJ10 months ago

Please write another chapter. These are compelling characters, starting right after the divorce, Laurel, Missy, missy’s unnamed mother…How he recovered and found a better woman. Shane is a smart no longer naive guy.. That would be good reading.

GamblnluckGamblnluck10 months ago

She never asked him the one question that would have burned her up since she was so driven by money. "Why did he walk away on the short side of the prenup knowing she'd been a serial cheater?" He'd have least settled for half since he cheated too, but could have got the lion's share. That was a major plot hole.

Te idea of letting her twist with unanswered question was good, but not nearly enough to cover the other deficits.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Enjoyed the story very much! I'm thinking that if Shannon really wants a second meeting with Shane, she will move mountains or change town names that experience ice storms to Hell with her Daddy's help. She would do everything she could to facilitate another meeting, so qmhl1 would have to write a followup story for us to truly enjoy again. Thanks for your efforts thru out the years and enjoy your retirement!

Dare

ohioohio10 months ago

Brilliantly done. Straightforward, powerful, and clear. You don't dot every I and cross every T, but there's no need--it's all too evident what has gone on. Great work!

Thanks, ohio

someoneothersomeoneother10 months ago

I liked the story very much but expected from a great author. But some things do not hold together. Why did Shane not raise her cheating in the divorce as it ensured that wife would profit from her cheating. It is almost immoral for a cheater to so succeed. Also, how could grandmother have a such a long relationship with ex-son-in-law and her father not know?

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Nice one but Hell freezing over should happen every year.

63.445119300762784, 10.904729314573892

WargamerWargamer10 months ago

Good story as usual from one of the best authors on this site.

Scores 5/5, well done!!

bent16cabent16ca10 months ago

EXCELLENT. Love hanging over a cliff ! ! !

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

5 stars! Love that you didn't dot the I's and cross the T's at the end! Constructing your own scenario based on an author's hints is very rewarding. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Why did he OT break the prenup?

26thNC26thNC10 months ago

Great story! That’s the way to leave us wanting more. Thanks for another of your stories.

PierremanvisPierremanvis10 months ago

Stunning. Crisp and pungent. Keep on contributing

JusteenKJusteenK10 months ago

Sorry, that was very predictable. Well written though.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Excellent as usual.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

OK, he married a cheating heartless cruel promiscuous whore. Women that monstrous are about as hard to discern as an alligator in a gold fish tank. So who's fault is it that he got exactly what he married? This worthless whore was so repulsive that her own mother stopped communicating with her. And we are supposed to think its surprising or suspenseful that she's a soulless monster?

\

Was this just a cute play on the Hell Freezing Over cliche'? Nothing cute nor entertaining about it. We know essentially nothing about her marriage, her life, her husband's life, or her future. So what was the point?

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

BORING!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

An interesting twist, but lacking overall. I realize that you meant to punish her with not knowing but that, unfortunately, also punishes your readers.

I was originally impressed that you manage to make the cheater look good and the cheated on look bad. Unfortunately, the twist you added explained that away, which detracted from the build-up in the story.

Did he actually have an affair, or did he just start rumors that he was? The way he told her makes it sound like the affair was fake, although other parts make it sound like it might have actually happened.

It's also unclear when he hired the investigators. He says that he had no clue until his last lover's wife clued him in, but he also made comments about how long he put up with it before deciding to do something about it. Maybe the other wife was happy to live with the situation too, but why would she tell him if she was going to keep ignoring it? Sorry, but the timeline doesn't fit the narrative.

Either way, he was stupid. It's quite clear that divorcing her didn't really phase her that much, in part because of how little money she lost. If he really wanted to wake her up, he should have exposed her affairs and taken as much of the money as he could. The combination of having her dalliances exposed and losing a larger sum of money would have done more to create an intervention than some stupid contract about Hell freezing over.

In summary, a decent read but not one of your best.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

PS: I also found it very hard to believe that she didn't catch the relationship between her lover and her husband's lover. Sure, she's kind of a self-centered bitch, but there's nothing else to indicate that she's also a bimbo. Plus, even if she didn't manage to put it together, one would expect that when she told her lover about it that he would have recognized his own wife...

PowersworderPowersworder10 months ago

I hate it when the husband just walks away from a rich cheating wife and doesn't get his pound of flesh.

She was a narcissistic bitch, so the intervention was never going to make any difference... which unfortunately made the story pointless.

allansbulletallansbullet10 months ago

Bloody excellent!! 5 stars all the way!!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

That was great. But it suffered from the problem with 1st person narratives — the reader got fed with all of her anger and righteousness about his affair, but never knew until the end that she was a serial cheater. That kind of thing makes all the preliminary writing about her lose a lot of impact.

.

Finding out her Mother retained a relationship with her ex must have hit her hard. Obviously Mom learned the truth about her at some point. While Mom did not disown her daughter, she DID reestablish and maintain a connection with her ex until she died.

.

5 *****

rockdoctor63rockdoctor6310 months ago

Great story, please don't leave us hanging!

Wandering_MongolWandering_Mongol10 months ago

Completely excellent! Thank you!

-

Be well!

RanDog025RanDog02510 months ago

Loved it! Very clever, thanks. 5 BIG ASS FUCKING HUGE FLAMING NOVA STARS!

BSreaderBSreader10 months ago
It

Was a interesting story except I was confused as to who or what sex the mc was. You always do great job at story telling thank you.

corpsbumcorpsbum10 months ago

Oh my! You must write more of this! Please?! Great characters, so well written, and the story lines to be followed are amazing. Please, write more of this tale!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Poor

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Loved the hint about her mother

JClifeJClife10 months ago

I really enjoyed this. Thanks for the lift.

EastCoaster1EastCoaster110 months ago

Aw... c'mon !

You CAN'T leave it here... we NEED the next part that explains exactly how her Mother found out about the daughter's dalliance, reconciled with her son-in-law, met his new wife & stepdaughter, became close with them, and spent happy times with the before her death !

You HAVE to write it... your way ! LOL...

5 stars for a great tale that is a springboard to us to get our heads into it, and take it to whatever place we think it could/should go.

jmmj5jmmj510 months ago

Yep. That was more than just a little bit, great.

Well done, sir, and thanks for sharing.

LickideesplitLickideesplit10 months ago

Politeness means letting We-The-Readers know when a story is in discrete clumps …AKA title with

Chap 1 (or 01 or … horrors … Chap 001!) OR, less preferred, finishing with ‘TBC’!

*ranked when finito!

FabGMxFabGMx10 months ago

Ok. I have to gove you, in the end despite of the twist and the answers, give to us or just implicit in the story, there is still several questions and plot points left unaswered, that do merit a continuation that close the story.

Still one of the best stories of the event.

shopratshoprat10 months ago

Nice, you definitely left us alivating for the sequel or prequel or both!

GerMagGerMag10 months ago

I simply loved it, thank you! The story did finish, he gave her exactly the same but with a much better attitude and a very sweet revenge. 5*

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Someone else also mentioned this, but the MC isn't the only one that's left in the dark. You left the readers in the dark as well. No bueno.

DeanofMeanDeanofMean10 months ago

awwwww al those loose threads of plot and story lines waving in the wind, simple and succinct story strait up talk so much promise you could turn this into a series and i would be waiting for the next great consept

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

That was good. Very good. 5 stars.

WittonWitton10 months ago

Impossible fantasy, pure and simple. Extradition - it doesn't happen anything like this - not in the slightest - the procedure begins with a formal request by the governor of the requesting state, has to be for an action which is a criminal offense in both states, and its grant is subject to the discretion of the governor of the state from which extradition is sought.

"When hell freezes over" has the potential for a misunderstanding but nothing more - it deserves more thought than the author put into this piece

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

You can’t just seek to enforce a contract where you live. You need to have the contract have some relation to the jurisdiction or choice of laws as well as jurisdiction over the parties. If she had never been to NC, no personal jurisdiction. A divorce agreement would have been under the laws of the state where the divorce was, so no subject matter jurisdiction.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Jasmine should keep her eye on Hell, Michigan, as well as Hell, Idaho, and double her chances.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Typical brilliant, meaningful stuff from you. Thank you, AGAIN.

Wandering_MongolWandering_Mongol10 months ago

Most excellent! Thank you!

-

Be well!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Good stuff, well done. I feel like Oliver Twist asking for more gruel, but could we please have a Part Two? Great to see you posting here again, Q! 5 stars, as usual. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Never underestimate a country boy

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Not often I give a five, so count yourself a very good story-teller.

For those who cannot connect the dots....try a little harder, maybe if you place your tongue to the side of your mouth resting it on your lip, squint your eyes a tad....just maybe you could draw the pencil line.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Awfully sulky. Quite dull. Paint by numbers plot. Sock puppet characters. Not erotic. On a positive note … the spelling is good?

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

This was great. Thank you. I would enjoy a Part 2 if you ever see fit. But this was wonderful as always. :)

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

This one should go to FTDS.

stan234499stan23449910 months ago

5 stars. I think everything g that needs to be said has been said. I don't think a follow up is needed.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

QHML1 is hands down in the top 5 All Time! Every one of his stories have an origin and depth beyond most anyone. Harddaysnight always amuses me with his wit and humor. And Randi always delivers well thought stories even if I don’t always agree with her “politics”. I’ve read the “Big 3” stories multiple times and it’s always worth it.

GardenshedGardenshed10 months ago

WOW that was a great story, perfect ending. Even though it left me wanting more. Thanks for writing . Looking forward to your next story!

FlynnTaggartFlynnTaggart10 months ago

5 stars, interesting story with an interesting twist. Thought the MC was going to be sympathetic but turns out anything but sympathetic. Was wondering how the story was going to go, thought maybe the ex-husband had been set up by the powerful father and this might be a reconciliation story but nope, she was the cheater all along and he just cheated to get out. Would love a follow up explaining everything "behind the curtain", maybe a story from the husbands perspective, but a good story even if its alone. This story and Laptopwriter's are definitely the winners of this Lie story event.

Moonbat74Moonbat7410 months ago

Excellent story. A second part would be fascinating.

viking_blueviking_blue10 months ago

Great story! Don't need a sequel, but I would love to see Shane's parallel story.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

I really enjoyed it and gave it 5 stars. Q always seems to get it right, and leaving you wanting more.

I'm glad he didn't use "Hell, Michigan", or his story would happen every winter, as they see those kind of temps regularly in the winter months. It gets colder there than it does in Chicago. I didn't know there was a "Hell, Idaho".

Thank You for sharing it with us. I also added it to my personal favorites.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Wow, that was a good read. If course, the disappointment is when the story ends and I am for want more. For a poor reader like, that's high praise. Usually, I'm like a kid in a car on a long road trip. "Are we there yet? 🤣

oldmanbill69oldmanbill6910 months ago

Wish for more of her heartbreak.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Brilliant, except for just throwing in the MC's mother in at the last moment with no background or reasoning for separation (?) from MC's father or the MC - ?

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShades10 months ago

Bit different, but enjoyed the read. Thanks for your writing.

Nothingman83Nothingman8310 months ago

Why is it that people think their money makes them important? You can't eat it, it only keeps you warm if you burn it, and there is always some other asshat trying to relieve you of it. Finally, when you die, and you will, you can't take it with you. She was a cunt. Nuff Said.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

A bit on her realization of the monster she is would have made the story complete.

1Thinkingman1Thinkingman10 months ago

The mother knew, like father like daughter. When she found out that her son in law had not cheated but only made it seem like he did, she stopped talking about him. The horse was given to a little girl harmed by her daughter's actions because it isn't only the grown ups who get hurt in a divorce.

rnebularrnebular10 months ago

Could have used a little more at the end, but a nice little vignette. Thanks as always for sharing Q.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Nicely done sir

SyzyguySyzyguy10 months ago

5* Another beautifully structured story. You tell us just enough to make it clear and leave just enough mystery to keep us intrigued. (She clearly has enough money to find the answers to her questions, but we don't need to go there, it would weaken your powerful tale.) You unfold her narcissism very effectively. Thank you for posting it.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Splendid! 5 Stars.

G

poor_and_uglypoor_and_ugly10 months ago

Nice but kind of empty - unfinished...

afanoffanlitafanoffanlit10 months ago

Please, please write the other part of the story… I really think Grandma Laurel deserves to tell her tale…please!!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

One of the best stories I've ever read

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Ok. I think the ex husband could have taught his wife a better lesson, if he exposed all of her cheating at the divorce court, and took her for all he could. As I see things, his determination to get a final meeting , even 5 years after the fact, means nothing. I am sure you are trying to send a message to rich ex wifey, but I am sure the message is lost on her...

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Yoooo, this was a good ass story.

Previous anon, waiting 5 years was his revenge, now there's no chance that she'll change, she'll be selfish and miserable the rest of her life and the funniest thing is, she won't even understand why she's so miserable

Russ43ChandlerRuss43Chandler10 months ago

.hort to get me to five stars. Thanks

Russ43ChandlerRuss43Chandler10 months ago

Good story just too short to get me to five stars.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman10 months ago

Good, but part 2 please to explain the young girl, horse, her Mother, etc.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Nice gentle twists and a few sharp ones.

Simon_MastersSimon_Masters10 months ago

Yeah, yeah, part2, perleeeeeease?

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

See? Silver poisoning is real. Shove a silver spoon up a brats ass and they will almost always turn into a self absorbed useless piece of shit. When the shit hits the fan and these self indulgent morons seek to flee from the sewers of their city toilets. They will find that their status means absolutely nothing to the fly over states that they laugh at. To bad that the initial shock will the last thing most of these bottom feeders experience.

golasgilgolasgil10 months ago

Weird story. Nicely setup but I'm wondering if there's another part to come

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Some entitled rich bitch!! Trailer trash story

KittyCampbellKittyCampbell10 months ago

This doesn't need a 2nd part. It's fine just like it is.

rn2711rn271110 months ago

It took me a few minutes to understand who he promised. Nice.

No second part needed.

5 stars

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Liked it a lot. Wondering where it goes from here, but it stands on it's own and may be better for not continuing.

RePhilRePhil10 months ago

I’ll pay you huge sums of money to write a sequel pls

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Doesn't come any better than this - 5*

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

A sequel would be great.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userqhml1@qhml1
Can you believe that soon I will have been writing here for ten years? I never imagined I'd last that long. I figured I would run out of story ideas long before now. Instead I've filed over a hundred story ideas yet to be written. I'm retiring in a few weeks. I'm going to us...