All Comments on 'The Day Hell Froze Over'

by qhml1

Sort by:
  • 285 Comments
MehntalityMehntality3 days ago

Feels like a half-finished story...

AnonymousAnonymous4 days ago

Quid pro quo.

silverthorne16silverthorne1614 days ago

Liked it, but I'd REALLY like to see a sequel!

AnonymousAnonymous15 days ago

any reason a commenter had to add democrap in his little rant ??

AnonymousAnonymous27 days ago

typical american democrap arrogant entitled feckless shiftless cunt. rk

AnonymousAnonymous28 days ago

5 Stars from GW on this one .. My ex got nothing from my family . Man she was Dumb . Maybe she didn't know about the small inheritance I received from my Grandmother . I guess i should have told her about it

green117green11729 days ago
To the previous comment

""Cousin loving" is Boston, Massachusetts. Just can't leave your bigotry out of your stories, can you?"

Probably best to distinguish bigotry of characters, especially negative characters, to the characteristics of the author.

About the story? Not my favorite, but quite a competent entertainment.

Green-something

AnonymousAnonymous30 days ago

"Cousin loving" is Boston, Massachusetts. Just can't leave your bigotry out of your stories, can you?

kwalankwalanabout 1 month ago

It needs to be finished.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Definitely nowhere near your usual. It is hard to believe the comments of those who gave it a 5. I stretched to a 1.

OlefishermanOlefishermanabout 1 month ago

That last line means about October 20 something that's about the time that the first freeze hits Hell, Michigan. So the author while allowed some poetic license. Shouldn't get carried away. Google it. Oh Hell was established before the Civil War.

StevenJayStevenJayabout 1 month ago

A really well written story.

Like many others I got to the end and was left with lots of quiestions and I re-read it a few hours later to try to glean any details that I might have missed the first time before coming to the conclusion that that was exactly what the author wanted - to leave the reader in the same state as the main character wondering what had happened.

NitpicNitpicabout 1 month ago
Like

Liked it very much.The bit about her mother and the horse would have her wondering about it for months.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Please chalk me up as one more vote for a second part.

Also, she needs to be BURNED... thoroughly.

PrincessNutNutPrincessNutNutabout 1 month ago

Very, very, very clever and a good 4 stars.

Now, normally I despair with the "Finish The Damned Story" brigade. The trick is often finishing a story without a complete resolution.

Oddly, here I yearn for the tale that you have studiously avoided telling.

I guess the best I can take from this tale is a new experience from reading the story.

Big_Tim99Big_Tim99about 2 months ago

Ramaza asked, "Why didn't he use his evidence in the divorce?" Simple, he wanted her to not fight him in the divorce. He just wanted out. He decided to get word back to her that her lapdog was cheating on her. She couldn't stand that, she divorced him. He got out, he got what he wanted, freedom.

Chimo1961Chimo1961about 2 months ago

Crow is a tough meal to swallow, harder still when you’ve been spoiled for humanity

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

This section could be smaller. Reading some of the 'issues' it is obvious that many folks speed read there by missing the answers to their questions (either that or they need less challenging reading).

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

I lived in Michigan for a year. Its quite a jolt to the system when you enter a town with the sign - WELCOME TO HELL! Thanks for your tales Q, They are amazing!

somewhere east of Omaha

vanyevanye2 months ago

There's a Hell, Michigan. She could get her visit much sooner than anyone thinks.

Xavier3737Xavier37373 months ago

WOW!!! It was pretty good!!!⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

MrSpoojerMrSpoojer3 months ago

What a great story but I agree with others, a chapter 2 seems a slam dunk here..

AmbivalenceAmbivalence3 months ago

Wonder how long they were married...

Considering she started cheating with the fourth one three months after quitting with the third, she didn't spend much time *not* fucking around on him. At that rate, with only four affairs, you'd figure they weren't married very long (unless some of them went on for years).

It's possible the comment about the 'even a rabbit will fight back though it might take decades' is referring *only* to a future husband or if it could also cover them.

Reasonably speaking, it couldn't be a long time or the odds of finding any info about the older affairs would be much more difficult (unless she's so egotistical that she made little or no attempt to conceal them and regarding the last affair she said 'they were careful' which indicates otherwise).

Just surprised she hadn't cheated with *more* than four other guys if they were married a long time.

RamazaRamaza3 months ago

Hmm, it feels like the story is only half done? Why didn’t he use all that evidence before the divorce? That would have been so much better for the rest of mankind, to let everyone know what a snake she is, so that anyone is forewarned if they has to interact with her or her father’s company, because his sounds like her role model.

Could be fun with a part two to this, because she needs to burn.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

It's fun to see an entitled witch get slapped with a hard dose of truth and reality. Thanks for the story.

MisterPGMisterPG4 months ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Short story with an unexpected plot that unravels halfway through, and a mic-drop ending. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

The fact that you made Shane sound like a money grubbing gold digger was setup beautifully. The way you turned things around with the truth of putting the word out he cheated just to get her attention was awesome and it got better when she saw Shane’s daughter riding the horse and found out it was given to the girl by the dying mother of the rich bitch. Five big ⭐️

cherupatcherupat4 months ago

I have bookmarked this story waiting for the next part. What happened next...there should be a next part...

BlueEyd2BlueEyd24 months ago

Fun story, which I really enjoyed, but I don't get why he let her go "scorched earth in the divorce" when he had all the proof that she had been cheating on him, numerous times and with numerous lovers. Why wouldn't he have turned the tables on her during the divorce after her huge, ongoing betrayal. She clearly had no remorse.

Love to see a story where the tables do get turned, rather publicly, during a divorce for adultery with a rich heiress like her getting what she truly deserves.

TrainerOfBimbosTrainerOfBimbos4 months ago

It's an interesting story, but other than the reveal about Jasmine, there isn't much meat to it. You hardly get the idea that she's actually taken anything to heart, which is disturbing and sad.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I like that Shane She was such a self opinunated self entitled BITCH i am surprised he stayed with her that long Good story (jaybee186)

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Great start but it felt incomplete. More please!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

He can’t enforce their divorce agreement in a state she has no connection to and was not a choice of forum in the agreement.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I’d guess most towns in Idaho freeze over on occasion. Just sayin’!

BlueHemiBlueHemi5 months ago

Fantastic story!

We need more!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

The ex would be in a body bag sleeping

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Some people just are hard to please! Granted, it isn't A Summer By The Lake but it was a interesting story and in the end I thank you. My health was bad for a while and so I've been away from Lit for a few months. Thank you for your tales!

somewhere east of Omaha

orion2bear2orion2bear25 months ago

No complete story

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

That story made no sense, you didn't give enough context at the beginning and it will make most people not want to finish it.

Pinto931Pinto9315 months ago

Really could do with a second part.

SorchakSorchak5 months ago

Turns out Eric/Shane could have gotten his wish a lot earlier. And so could Jasmine. Hell, Norway, freezes over all the time. Temperatures in Hell can reach −25 °C (−13 °F) during the winter, just like it does in my part of British Columbia. (Actually, we hit -30C all the time. And even get down to -40C.) Btw, you started the story with Jasmine's ex being Eric, which then changed to Shane. You kept it as Shane for the rest of the story, but still lost a star for the original eff up.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

This seems like a longer story cut short, any chance of a follow up, or continuation? It works as a standalone. But the characters you created are entirely engaging. He comes across as patient and noble while she is a narcissist and self absorbed. It would be wonderful if hell to froze over once more.

Calico75Calico756 months ago

I love this story. I've read it before and enjoy it each time.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

That girl seems like pretty much of a lost cause. Not sure she has enough of a heart or a conscience to ever give up her mercenary ways. A sequel would be appreciated, just to see which way she might go after the meeting with her ex. Great little short one, Q, thanks much for sharing.

Five stars.

oldmanbill69oldmanbill696 months ago

Second read ! Wishing for more !

TerrydactilTerrydactil6 months ago

great read,keep up the skeer.

FluidswallowerFluidswallower6 months ago

Thanks for another fun read!! Good job!!

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Excellent but it feels unfinished ... why did her mother give the horse to the stepdaughter ... fill in the blanks (or write a sequel) and this would be worth 5 stars, not 4.

afanoffanlitafanoffanlit6 months ago

I would really love the get the sequel…to find out how her mom got him to promise to have the talk with her daughter. His life is obviously so sweet without her, but the pain she would feel finding out how much her mother was disgusted with her would be incredible

oddtomas1oddtomas17 months ago

Excellent, just as all your stories are.

WillowghbyWillowghby7 months ago
Spoiler Alert!

robdh51 (10/15/23) has closed the open issues on this story. For those who believe a sequel is necessary, I say, "blithhhhh."

qhml1 has delivered an extraordinary example of the entitled, arrogant, rich bitch who discovers her shit really does have an unpleasant odor. Imagine her angst when she figures out what robdh51 has laid out for us all, i.e. "Mom didn't love me best."

Keep 'em comin'!

WisquejacWisquejac7 months ago

Would love a sequel. Thanks for your work.

bigurnbigurn7 months ago

A good story, easily 4 stars. A bit more of his story and the bonus daughter could have made it a 5 star. Please consider that, sometimes, less is not more.

Asterisk42Asterisk427 months ago

NGL, I wish hell would freeze over again, if only to hear the questions she must have in her head.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Very good. And not one more word needs to be a said. Five stars

Btrying2Btrying27 months ago

I liked it. I understand the ending, but I feel cheated that there is no closure. So many unanswered questions are raised in this powerful but short well written story.

Maybe one day qhml1 will allow hell to freeze over once more.

Thanks for sharing your talents. John aka btrying2.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Bravo! 👏 Very nice indeed.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

LOve this story

orion2bear2orion2bear27 months ago

What story endd righ hen it go nteresti.g

dark2donut2dark2donut27 months ago

It is OK as an idea but it is somewhat overused in LW, I mean the entitled women because of success/wealth. It could still be interesting if there would be some more elaborate plot which is missing here.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I just love clever!

oldtwitoldtwit7 months ago

I don’t give 5 stars very often, but this gets it, brilliant, just brilliant.

robdh51robdh518 months ago

Oreospaz1 day ago

So he knocked up his mother in law?

NO!!! His new wife has a daughter and his mother-in-law treated her as a granddaughter!

And the promise he made to at least try an intervention was to her, the mother-in-law!

OreospazOreospaz8 months ago

So he knocked up his mother in law?

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

There has to be more to this story? Who did the ex-marry who had a Daughter? Did he make it back to become better off than when they were Married? Was there a connection between His Daughter and Her ex wife's Mom? Why did Her Mom send the Horse to Her Ex Husbands Daughter? These are just a few oof unanswered Question?

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Short and sweet. Great story, Q, thanks for sharing.

5 stars.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x8 months ago

@Anonymous, it doesn't say that her mother stopped communicating with HER, just that her mother stopped mentioning Shane.

davezqdavezq8 months ago

excellent portrayal of a spoiled rich kid, and the man who loved her anyway

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Some people can look true love ion the face and never know they did so. Such a well done story by a master!

The Hoary Cleric

Calico75Calico759 months ago

I disagree about the need for a sequel. It is perfect as it is. The MC does not deserve to know more about her mother, and Shane does not deserve to have to deal with her anymore. Sequels which are as good as an excellent first part are rare, not that I don't think Q could do it. I would just hate to see this story bogged down when it stands alone so well.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

An additional ending is needed. There is so much more explanation needed.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Who's Shane, when you're talking about Eric?

newford9bnewford9b9 months ago

Totally agree with a lot of comments, we need a part two.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Great story.obviously the promise was to the mother before she died.need a sequel.

rbloch66rbloch669 months ago

A good story, but it seems unfinished. It feels like I missed something.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

A series or at least a sequel would be great. This story has left a lot of people begging for more. Me included. Please Q consider writing the follow up please please pretty please 🙏 As always brilliantly written but needs a follow up. BardnotBard

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

4 stars a sequel give it the deserved 5

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Sequel.

Please.

Maybe she uses vast wealth to CAUSE a freeze in Hell? Cloud seeding and ten thousand gallons of liquid nitrogen?

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Great story. But begs for a sequel.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Well done..4 stars..If a sequel inline with this is possible without ruining what you already presented please write it..JZK

kamdev99008kamdev990089 months ago

wow .............

interesting

5 star

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Good story about a narcissistic, entitled (in her mind, at least) cheater.

However, unfortunately despite good writing, this story has a number of spelling and sentence construction mistakes. Proofreading, or getting an editor would fix this issue.

IMHO, this is a four star ⭐️ story.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Good story

bereznikbereznik10 months ago

I really liked this story with excellent writing and style. The story flows well has plenty for the reader to follow. The ending leaves the reader wanting more could do with a sequel .

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

A sequel would be great.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Doesn't come any better than this - 5*

RePhilRePhil10 months ago

I’ll pay you huge sums of money to write a sequel pls

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Liked it a lot. Wondering where it goes from here, but it stands on it's own and may be better for not continuing.

rn2711rn271110 months ago

It took me a few minutes to understand who he promised. Nice.

No second part needed.

5 stars

KittyCampbellKittyCampbell10 months ago

This doesn't need a 2nd part. It's fine just like it is.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Some entitled rich bitch!! Trailer trash story

golasgilgolasgil10 months ago

Weird story. Nicely setup but I'm wondering if there's another part to come

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

See? Silver poisoning is real. Shove a silver spoon up a brats ass and they will almost always turn into a self absorbed useless piece of shit. When the shit hits the fan and these self indulgent morons seek to flee from the sewers of their city toilets. They will find that their status means absolutely nothing to the fly over states that they laugh at. To bad that the initial shock will the last thing most of these bottom feeders experience.

Simon_MastersSimon_Masters10 months ago

Yeah, yeah, part2, perleeeeeease?

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Nice gentle twists and a few sharp ones.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman10 months ago

Good, but part 2 please to explain the young girl, horse, her Mother, etc.

Russ43ChandlerRuss43Chandler10 months ago

Good story just too short to get me to five stars.

Russ43ChandlerRuss43Chandler10 months ago

.hort to get me to five stars. Thanks

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userqhml1@qhml1
Can you believe that soon I will have been writing here for ten years? I never imagined I'd last that long. I figured I would run out of story ideas long before now. Instead I've filed over a hundred story ideas yet to be written. I'm retiring in a few weeks. I'm going to us...