The Day In My Life I Became Me Ch. 03

Story Info
A young woman's successful journey to love.
6.8k words
4.36
4.8k
5

Part 2 of the 3 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 06/02/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

CH. 03. - RACHAEL SEES LIGHT - 2

Prologue:

This is CH. 03 of my second erotic story submitted to Literotica. I continue being thankfully indebted to Candy_Kane54 for providing editing, style advice, and general encouragement for my several erotic story submissions.

Primary Characters:

Rachael (Rach) Saunders: MBA and Business Owner = 26 Years Old

Shels Gordon: HS Senior and Lost Girl #1 = 19 Years Old

Ames Davis: HS Senior and Lost Girl #2 = 19 Years Old

M. Chee (Moon) Hahn: HS Senior and Lost Girl #3 = 18 Years Old

Kelly Phillips: Resident Manager St. John's Group Home = 24 Years Old

As CH. 02 ended, Rach was phoning Kelly, the N. Florida Group Home Resident Manager. She planned to discuss an idea with Kelly regarding the Group Home Residents visiting Tybee for ten days of fun and learning.

Rach had held several conversations with Pam regarding Kelly, the St. John's Group Home Resident Manager, on how Kelly could advise Rach on maintaining good relations with Shels, Ames, and Moon. Although Kelly's residents were younger girls, seven to thirteen years old, there were some commonalities with Rach's situation. Finally, Rach said to Pam, there was an idea she would like to discuss directly with Kelly. Rach asked if it was okay for her to phone Kelly first, and she would then discuss the concept with Pam if they both agreed. Pam replied definitely, and Rach should phone Kelly when convenient for her.

Rach decided it was best to phone Kelly later in the morning after the Group Home girls would be at the St. John's Day School. Rach would also arrange for Shels, Ames, and Moon to work on an office project with Cat that morning. She and Kelly could then have an in-depth conversation without being interrupted.

Kelly answered the phone after only two rings, and Rach introduced herself as a former St. John's community member who now lived on Tybee. Kelly replied that Pam had mentioned Rach's situation and to expect a call from her. However, Pam hadn't discussed any details.

Rach said she had a proposition for Kelly, who laughed and shot back that they had just met by phone. Now Rach intended to proposition her for sex? She then added that Rach was definitely a fast mover!

Rach was very embarrassed and stuttered OH NO, not that kind of proposition.

Kelly came right back at Rach and said, girl, you were so out there, and Pam had not mentioned that Rach from Tybee liked girls!

Rach was totally flustered now, although Kelly's sense of humor intrigued her. Well, she thought, Kelly was joking around!

My proposition was a real one, Rach countered. Kelly hit right back; it definitely sounded like a fake excuse for a sexual invite to her.

Rach was actually sputtering now!

Kelly followed up, telling Rach to cool her jets. She likes to have fun messing with new and gullible friends. It seems that Pam had not told Rach that Kelly was the consummate jokester!

Okay, sweetie, what was the real proposition?

Rach said she wanted to offer Kelly and her resident girls a ten-day vacation to Tybee Island next month.

Absolute Silence! Rach to Kelly, was she there?

Kelly to Rach! Did she hear her correctly?

.

Rach said she would briefly state her thoughts, and if Kelly agreed, they could organize the travel details via email. Rach had met three teenage girls one week ago and, for some unknown reason, wanted to help them. Things had spiraled nearly out of control with her now becoming the girl's legal guardian, and they lived with her. Rach's problem was she had always been a loner and reared as an only child. Therefore she had no sense of relating closely with others, especially teenaged girls.

Rach absolutely did not regret her decision. However, she realized she needed input from someone on the ground who was experienced in relating to children. Pam had raved so much about Kelly caring for the Group Home residents that Rach thought, BINGO, Kelly's the one! Rach wanted Kelly's residents and a few others from St. John's to visit Tybee for fun, which was also a learning experience for Kelly's resident girls. Additionally, Rach wanted lots of one on one time with Kelly. She hoped to develop more insight into how she could improve Shels, Ames, and Moon lives. She wanted them to be happy and successful, especially attending university and earning a degree. Rach was totally sold on Kelly being able to help her. However, there were significant age gaps between the Group Home resident girls and Rach's three late teen girls. According to Pam, Rach and Kelly were basically the same age, university graduates, and nice people.

Finally, Rach was a business owner, with her company finances in great shape after only two years of operating. Rach had also earned lots of money investing in cheap stock during her final two years of study. She did not want to just throw money at the girls trying to buy their love. Rach wanted a family relationship with Shels, Ames, and Moon truly based on mutual love and respect.

Rach proposed to book a resort for thirty-five guests who included ten local persons and twenty-five people from the St. John's community. The ten days would be split evenly between fun and school-like activities, such as visiting the Girl Scout Museum in Savannah or a Sea Scavenger Hunt. Rach and Kelly would officially propose the ten-day travel to Tybee as a Studycation for the Group Home residents.

Rach ended the offer by stating that her company would fund the entire Studycation expense. This would include round trip travel by luxury coach, lodging, meals, museum tickets, and other valid travel expenses. What were Kelly's thoughts on the proposition?

Kelly replied she was all for Rach's proposition of Tybee with no Sex! She continued, seriously, a trip such as this would be awesome for her girls. However, she would need this request approved by Jai, Pam, and the Group Home Board.

Rach replied that they should iron out the wrinkles by email and phone, and then Kelly could present the completed proposal to the board. Rach wanted Kelly, the two resident assistants, and Pam and Jenny to travel with the girls to Tybee. There would be a few formal classes during the ten days. However, most of the education and fun activities would be in the form of field trips. Jenny should also know there was easy access to an excellent riding stable where she could hold a few equestrian training exercises.

Kelly said they should definitely do this but that she needed to run. See you next month if the board approved their proposal!

Kelly had several conversations with the local N. Florida Group Home Board Members and Rach, following up on their initial phone communication where Rach offered the travel proposal. She had tried to discretely learn more about Rach from others at St. John's; however, Rach's life seemed to be a well-kept secret. As far as anybody knew, Rach was an only child and a loner who was quite brilliant throughout her secondary school and university education. As a high school junior, she had received a full five-year MBA degree scholarship to the ACC University in Boston.

Tragedy struck in Rach's senior year of high school when her parents died in a boating accident. She recovered from this stressful event and graduated from university with honors. Rach then moved to Tybee and formed her company which was quite successful. Kelly could not glean much else about Rach's past, such as was she ever in a serious dating relationship.

Kelly finally cornered Pam one day after they met with the board to finalize approval of the Studycation. Kelly informed Pam that she had a bit of a dilemma and needed more information and details from her about Rach. In their most recent phone call, Rach had suggested that Kelly share a small suite with her for the Tybee Studycation. She and Kelly would have considerable more time to discuss Rach's new parenting situation in the evenings if they shared a small suite. Kelly said she felt Rach was honest and open, with no ulterior motive(s) when she suggested they share the suite during the visit. However, Kelly was quite intrigued about Rach, who seemed to be kind of a mystery to much of the St. John's community.

Pam smiled wickedly at Kelly and asked, had Kelly crushed on someone during their several phone conversations?

Kelly blushed brightly and said, stop it! She just wanted to learn a bit more about the person she had frequently talked with during the past two weeks.

Pam said she honestly knew very little about Rach, other than she came from the St. John's community and was quite innovative in business. Rach was seven years older than Pam's group of friends and a loner, so they had never hung out in N. Florida. Pam did not think Rach had ever seriously dated anyone and was often slyly called the introverted loner by a few folks at St. John's. Pam personally felt that Rach was a nice person who was a bit shy around most people. However, if Kelly was worried, she should politely decline Rach's offer and bunk in with her Group Home girls.

Kelly quickly responded that she had no reservations about sharing the suite with Rach. It actually could be fun for both of them. However, she was a young lady, so it was natural for her to be inquisitive about someone new.

Pam was on the run but gave Kelly a final gem to consider. Remember that she was also a mystery to Rach, and yet, she wanted to share a small suite with Kelly. Obviously, Rach felt comfortable with Kelly. After all, the two had spoken many times in the past two weeks. The Rach that most of St. John's knew had never before invited anyone to share her personal space. Therefore, it was very possible that Rach had changed a lot since she met the teenaged girls Shels, Ames, and Moon, who now lived with her.

Kelly thanked Pam for her insight and that she definitely would share quarters with Rach while on Tybee. She felt a pull toward Rach and was trying to understand girl-to-girl relationships. Kelly had never felt drawn to another woman before and was also intrigued to know how Rach felt about their budding friendship.

Kelly had spent several restless evenings pondering if there was an actual sexual attraction between her and Rach. Finally, she scolded herself, saying, Kelly, this is stupid. How could she be attracted to someone she never saw or met? Yet, her mind kept returning to the point that Rach invited Kelly deep into her personal space. There was not much more personal the two could get than sharing a small space for ten days.

Then crazy thoughts came to Kelly, such as would she see Rach naked or did she want to see Rach naked?

***

A month after Rach and Kelly's first conversation, the Group Home resident girls, along with their chaperones, were en route to Tybee for their Studycation. The board had approved Kelly's Studycation request because it was a well-developed plan which enriched the resident girls' lives. Kelly, her two resident assistants, Pam, Jenny, Kim, and Alice, accompanied the Group Home girls to Tybee. Pam and Jenny drove up to Tybee while Kelly, Kim, Alice, and everyone else traveled there on the luxury motorcoach.

Pam had several legal documents from her sister "2's" law firm for Rach to sign regarding her becoming the Guardian for Shels, Ames, and Moon. Pam and Jenny would witness Rach's signature and return the completed documents to the Law Firm when the Studycation was finished. The next time Rach visited N. Florida, she could initial the documents again, and the Law Firm would notarize them.

Rach had booked them into a small year-round tourist hotel and resort, and their group occupied a complete wing on the resort side. The younger girls, aged seven to twelve, shared a large suite with several small fold-out beds. Pam and Jenny were the counselors for this group. The teen girls, aged thirteen to fifteen, shared another large suite with Kelly's two resident assistants, who were the counselors for those girls. Shels, Ames, and Moon would share a large double room connected to this quite large suite. Rach's three girls were in the same age range as Kelly's two resident assistants, so they should enjoy being a part of that group.

Rach and Kelly also shared a suite in this wing as previously planned. The two of them had developed an easy-going relationship planning the Studycation, so Rach wanted to talk a lot with Kelly about how she related to the older Group Home girls.

There were many activities scheduled for the next ten days, but the first stop on Tybee was a brief tour of Rach's business and then a late lunch at Angie's restaurant. Everyone was definitely hungry following the three-hour motorcoach ride. Angie greeted the group and told them there were six special selections on the menu to choose for their lunch. Each selection included a salad, dessert choice, and soft drinks. The younger children could choose jello fruit cups instead of salads, and there would be several plates of fries for everyone. She also informed the adults that Angie's was an alcohol-free family restaurant.

After Angie finished discussing the menu items, Rach stood and informed everyone that most of their meals would be there. Breakfast was excluded since it was included in the resort room package. Angie's was a ten-minute walk from their office and served as her company's dining room. The restaurant would also deliver boxed lunches when work was extremely busy. Finally, if anyone had any specific dietary restrictions, please make sure that Angie knew. She would strive to offer enjoyable foods within their dietary needs.

Rach wished everyone a great Studycation and to have a nice visit to Tybee, including Savannah in SE Georgia.

Once everyone had finished the late lunch at Angie's, they checked into the resort, and all were soon settled in their rooms. The adults relaxed while the younger girls buzzed around with obvious joy. This trip was a dream come true for the girls, most of whom just two years ago were stuck in abusive homes, juvenile delinquent centers (JDCs), or abandoned to Foster care. Now they were on Studycation in a beautiful resort on Tybee Island for ten whole days!

Rach had thought of Kelly frequently over the past month. She was secretly pleased that Kelly agreed to share the suite with her. Rach was definitely intrigued with Kelly, although she could not fathom why.

Rach, stop lying to yourself, and admit you like Kelly a lot!

Following check-in, Rach and Kelly had comfortably settled in their small suite. Rach was totally frustrated with herself because she had always resisted any romantic inclinations. Then Kelly asked her the Sixty-Four Thousand Dollar question. How much in total was this Studycation costing Rach?

Rach pondered this for a moment and then replied that she honestly didn't know the exact amount. Twenty thousand dollars was a good guess. Rach further commented that life had changed so much since she met her girls, and bringing the two groups of young, early and late teen girls together for a week or more of fun just felt right. Rach's company was doing very well, and she had her own private investments as well. Rach did not smoke, go out to nightclubs, and only drank an occasional glass of nice wine. So, she was not concerned about the cost and just wanted all of the children to enjoy their Studycation.

Rach had given joy to Shels, Ames, and Moon, motivating them to learn many new things. But, what really amazed Rach was having the girls in her home. Life with them had lifted her spirits enormously, and Rach now viewed life in a much more positive way.

Shels, Ames, and Moon's studies were going great guns based on Pam's recent conversations with her. Rach generously bought clothes and other personal items for the three girls, and yet they had not once been greedy. Each one of them hugged and kissed her on the cheek several times a day and thanked her for giving them a new life. Rach was just so invigorated and happy now. Still, there was probably one more part of her life that needed rejuvenation.

Rach stared intently into Kelly's eyes and then shyly said they would talk more on this later.

For a moment, Kelly's beating heart made her feel as though she had run a hundred-meter dash. She then said to herself, slow down, girl, this conversation just got real.

Rach continued saying she was finalizing the plans for her new home when she first met Shell, Ames, and Moon. She then quickly modified those plans to include them. Rach cried at their stunned reactions when they saw the plans for their wing of the main house. She had previously spoken with Cat and Jocelyn about their permanently staying with them since they were so active in the girls' lives. They agreed, so a second wing was added for those two.

Rach then quietly confided to Kelly that she had signed over twenty-five percent of the investment company to Cat. Rach asked Kelly to keep this confidential for now since she had not told Cat yet. Cat was the first person Rach hired when she started her company. Cat was a super Business Manager who had helped Rach to grow the successful investment firm. Rach was not giving Cat twenty-five percent of the company and six hundred thousand dollars of this year's profits. Cat had earned every penny for being totally loyal to Rach and the business and now for helping Rach with the girls.

Kelly stood absolutely speechless at Rach's last statement, which mentioned six hundred thousand dollars of profits to Cat, along with twenty-five percent of the company.

Rach continued that Cat was the first person in the company who met Shels when she wandered in lost, confused, and so cute. After Rach met Shels and became protective of her, Cat had spent every night by Rach's side helping stabilize the three girls' lives.

Cat and Jocelyn already seemed to act as a couple; however, they were also strange birds. Both were video game nuts, fantastic at Math and Business, and dressed in an oddly cute way. They adored Shels, Ames, and Moon, helping Rach with her unusual task of allowing herself to bond with others. Rach felt that Cat and Jocelyn would soon become a fully committed couple. Then on second thought, Rach added, they were now a couple fully committed to Rach's girls.

Rach asked Kelly if she would sit on the patio and share a nice glass of wine with her on this beautiful evening? Kelly answered that would be awesome, assuming all formal activities were finished for today. Kelly then suggested that they get changed into casual shorts and tops, to which Rach agreed.

They returned to the patio, and Rach asked Kelly to move a little closer to her, which she did. As they relaxed and sipped the wine, Rach spoke of her previous life as a satisfied loner. A life that had changed dramatically because of the three girls now in her home and under her care. Rach had finally understood that her acceptance of being alone was most likely a defense mechanism. This prevented Rach from opening her heart at the risk of being hurt or rejected. In the past month, she had communicated almost daily with Kelly, making it her happiest month ever since her parent's death. Kelly had become Rach's first and only close special friend. Rach was now absolutely terrified of her intense feelings for Kelly.

Nevertheless, Rach needed to ask Kelly a question.

Would she consider?

YES! YES! YES! Kelly excitedly interjected, and then she jumped into Rach's lap, kissed her wetly, and happily declared that she was Rach's girlfriend! Kelly felt they should carefully move forward with their love because of the many affected children. Still, she definitely wanted Rach in her life forever. Kelly continued as huge tears streaked her cheeks and whispered to Rach; those were the words she so much wanted to hear from her this week at Tybee.

12