All Comments on 'The Declaration'

by H20wader

Sort by:
  • 39 Comments
teflon1962teflon1962almost 18 years ago
Well done ....

Inspiring. It is good to see a man shrug off the yoke of oppression and claim his birthright.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Pointless

I get the joke being made but this declaration really had zero purpose. Go back to writting your regularly good stories.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Bravo 3 !

These are brave words that deserve to be ehcoed from the mountaintops.Your words are the last great hope of mankind.A huddled,broken mass of men must answer the challenge of their clarion call so that; marriage of the man, marriage by the man,and marriage for the man shall not perish from the face of the earth!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Independence

"...as a Free and Independent Man, He will have full Power to dress himself, have his own friends, drink beer rather than wine, buy the car of his choosing, vacation in the areas that He wishes, and to do all other Acts and Things which Independent Men may of right do."

If he can't do any of these as a MARRIED man, then he's not a man, period, he's a woman with facial hair. You don't have to divorce a woman to attain your "independence," man. In fact, if you didn't have it with her, odds are you didn't have it before her, and you won't have it after her either. Odds are that it was the REASON she left you/cheated in the first place.

'nuff said.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Brief, but then the original was.

Nicely summarized the issues with an unfatithful spouse. I look at it as somewhat of a conversation piece - something to spark ideas and discussion on what a marraige is... and isn't!

Good effort, DJ

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Declaration of Poop

You've really gone off the reservation with this one. You should add to the declaration; the wife shall have her hair long so the Neanderthal may drag her around by said hair. And the wife should compliment said Neanderthal's farts and belches. And wife should have said Neanderthal's wife beater tee shirts ironed to perfection.

These additions should give everyone who reads this rubbish a good idea of the kind of mutant you are.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Your Story...

... will be mentioned in the Story Reviews thread.

Lizzy

Link: http://www.literotica.com:81/forum/showthread.php?t=428901

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Doing it the hard way

While I am quite pleased by the effort in adapting a historic document like the Declaration of Independence to marital problems you have portrayed the wife as much more than an evil despot, and the husband, having put up with all that crap is most likely too big of a wimp to even consider making such a declaration.

It would have been better if it had been a man testifying in court to the offenses his wife made against him before he finally snapped and shot her 38 times then burned her body.

peggytwittypeggytwittyalmost 18 years ago
Fun read and great writing

Boy, that’s really heavy into trashing them bitches.

Have one more tankard and find a wench to moan about in the moro.

Good fun and well done.

rlg99rlg99almost 18 years ago
That Was Different

I like it,I like it

charleybearcharleybearalmost 18 years ago
Wader, fun read.

Though it was a fun quick read, there really wasn't a whole lot here. Waiting for your next truly great story.

Charleybear

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Bullshit

A waste of time.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
trash

Trash best put in the trash box.

KOLKOREKOLKOREalmost 18 years ago
Bring it on!

Call it quirky call it crazy –what can I do? I like it when Wader (I hope you don’t mind my short hand for your pen name) experiments a bit. Sure, in the process he could make mistakes. For example, IMO this story would have enjoyed larger readership and more understanding if it was put under humor, which is exactly what this story is.

As for me, I laughed hard both from the mixed use of language (the description of wives attributes etc. and the legal lingo), and from the amalgamation of pretty much all the stereotypes you can find of “bad women” into one ‘character’. You definitely created the archetypal Xantippe of modern times! Then I rushed to my wife and kissed her for not being that woman (actually I just thought – it would be nice to do it…)

So, even if Wader would make some mistakes when he experiments, at least it’s not same old; same old – so: bring it on!

Now, someone (it would not be you by chance, WADER?) needs to write the female parallel to this male declaration of independence!

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Rest of the story?

This is a really nice exercise, but strikes me more as being a scene in search of a play. Why not use it in the context of an actual story? You wouldn't have to force the Declaration to fit quite so closely to the original, it could more accurately reflect the details of the couple's story. It would provide a unique mechanism to advance the plot and would lead quite naturally toward a 'Bill of Rights' by the story's end. You've had the inspiration, now all you have to do is write the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
What seventh grader wrote this in history class?

Totally immature!

robinhodrobinhodover 12 years ago
I thought this was brilliantly clever

until I came upon the phrase 'a design to reduce Him to absolute Despotism'

How can you be reduced to a position of Absolute Power?

Musht be shome mishtake.

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
MARRIAGE LAWS AND DIVORCE LAWS

and never the twain shall have justice. TK U MLJ LV NV

EMiamiRiverRatEMiamiRiverRatabout 12 years ago
Marvelous

With the exception of the one significant error (despotism), and a few spelling mishaps, I salute your story. Simply marvelous and very imaginative. Well done.

UndrApprctdUndrApprctdabout 12 years ago
Very Creative

I find this truth to be self-evident.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 12 years ago
What?

It would be nice if the story was continued.

bruce22bruce22about 12 years ago
Good Read

But come on, Bishop Berkeley all ready made it clear that each of us creates the world that we perceive and thereby live in. If you have created a monster wife, you are stuck with her!

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 11 years ago
Rife with Frustration & Intrigue !

This was a very worthwhile,one-off, tongue in cheek , 4 star essay . For the full five stars I would have loved a story broken up and illustrating this pieces salient points.

Parodying the constitution and applying it to feckless slut wives was a diverting ide. I only wish the same spirit would be imbued in pre-nups so starry eyed future hubby's could be aware of the alarming tangent that Love's left turns can assume. I bow to this author's inspired blow hard bit.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
What nonsense!

This sophomoric article (not a story) is not the least bit imaginative. I have seen similar knock-offs of the Declaration of Independence several times...some of them interesting, most not.

It is some sort of comment on the various readers who find this amusing. Maybe it is just a youthful lack of sophistication.

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 10 years ago
Anons have no sense of humor -

Maybe we are not all as jaded or worldly as you oh great asshat -

I have NOT seen any such before and I DID see it as both fun and humorous - fuck you moron LOL

Before you dictate what all the world should or should not see as tasteful or humorous grow the balls to attach an identity to your own words. Better yet write better than this or any other author and share it with everyone out here ??

chilleywilleychilleywilleyover 9 years ago
Interesting concept

But a rough read. Gave it a 5 for originality. Generally like your stories,

Chilley

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
more ???

Needs more, theres an interesting epilog waiting somewhere waiting to come out.

tazz317tazz317over 8 years ago
A GREAT JOB OF PARA-PHRASING

and in keeping with the tone and genre. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Duh

The French would say off with her head.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago

You need a psychiatrist, and some meds.

Tiger27Tiger27almost 6 years ago
Not finished!

So what happened to the vile bitch???

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Not sure what the point of all this was.

I guess it was supposed to be an exercise in the use of words and terminology. In any event it didn't make much sense.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Meds

Me thinks meds may be the problemKK

AlericAlericalmost 4 years ago

Outstanding interpretation. Well written and accurately translated to its purpose. 5*

secretsalsecretsalover 3 years ago

Interesting writing exercise, not a good read. Seems like 'writing for other writers' territory.

Can't really rate it, though. Don't really like or dislike it. And it's definitely not average, which is the only other option.

26thNC26thNCabout 3 years ago
I looked

I looked for humor, but it was hidden too well.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

loser

btrying_2btrying_2over 1 year ago

OK this was an interesting exercise in word usage. Building.off the Declaration of Independence was quite unique. Since was not really a story I did not rate. Thanks John

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Worth a 4. Nicely constructed in Declaration wordage.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous