The Descending of Jessica Ch. 17

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Amber had a one o'clock class and as soon as she was out they were off and on the road. Gail's doctors confirmed that the uncle's sudden visit would be a shock to her but suggested that, overall, it would be a good thing. It was suggested that Brent drop by and tell her about it so while I picked up Damita from the groomers, where she had been well behaved and even a little sassy, Brent visited his mother.

We met back at the house to drive to Mom and Dad's, and Brent said Gail was ecstatic over her brothers and irate that he had not brought me as well to tell her about them. I guess I should have gone but the day had only so many hours. I would be there Saturday, of course, but still felt bad about missing Brent telling her.

There wasn't much time to worry about that, though, as once we got to Ron and Allison's all that was forgotten. Donna was off and my "sister mothers", as well as my sister, were laying in wait to plan invitations, menus, and catering for the wedding. Every time a decision was made and I felt progress was happening, I would hear the litany of things left: guest lists, rehearsal dinners, rehearsal dinner guests, who exactly was going to be in the wedding party... It seemed to never end. Also, I was told that I would need a different dress and bouquet for the rehearsal. Who comes up with all this shit? If I wasn't married already, I would have just eloped!

Brent, Ron and Alex did their part by staying in the den, playing with the dog, watching movies and talking about scouting adventures all evening. Brent and Alex were bonding fast like Brat and I had. Neither could wipe the mischievous grin off their faces when they were around each other.

The ladies kept me up late but it was such fun hanging out with them the time just flew by and we got a lot of work done, plus a lot of mom gossip caught up on. I brought up that someone had insinuated that I was trying to get pregnant to Carolyn and both moms denied it, but neither convincingly. I explained once again that Brent and I were waiting until after school and until we were established to have kids, that we both wanted it that way and that, yes, I took BC every day and Brent and I were quite happy in the bedroom. I don't think any of them believed me about waiting to have kids though, even though it was the truth. I suspect that everyone was just so psyched up about Donna and Dr. Riley's baby, plus the additions of Alex and Sarah to our lives, that they just assumed pregnancy was catching. I suppose my miscarriage added to this impression, but I was serious when I said I wanted to wait. If I hadn't miscarried during the wreck I would have loved to have had our baby, but I did, and that was that. I reminded them that pregnancy had not been either planned or expected, but both smirked at me. Ugh!

We hadn't stayed at Allison and Ron's in a couple weeks, since before Buddy moved in. Since Sarah had my old room and Alex had Brent's room, we stayed in one of the guest rooms, one I suspect no one had ever stayed in before. Ron had earlier opened the vents to heat the room. They were normally closed since it was hardly ever used but it had a dusty scent to it even as we snuggled under the covers.

Brent draped his arm around me and I rested my head on his chest, the comforter pulled up to my chin. The moon was bright outside and shown through the windows that are gables on the roof. It was as cozy and romantic as could be, except for being over Sarah and Alex's rooms, our old ones, and since we could hear them, we assumed they could hear us. One thing we aren't good at is being quiet during sex, and we both know it. So it was that we talked instead of what I think we both had in mind.

"Is Damita with Alex?" I asked.

"Yeah, she made it pretty clear that thing he's been sleeping on is her bed." Brent giggled.

"We'll have to drop her off at the house in the morning. I don't think Allison can keep her for the weekend."

"No, it is too cold for her to stay in the run all day. She's better off at the house. Besides, the flight doesn't arrive until twelve-thirty, so we have time. We should take the truck," Brent said.

"Oh? Why's that?" I asked wondering how much luggage two guys could possibly bring for an overnight stay.

"Well if they want to look down their nose at the southern folk, it's scarier than a Honda." He laughed.

"I'm sure that won't happen, but we can take the truck. It will be easy to spot at the airport. Are they staying with us?" I asked.

"I thought we should invite them to, but I guess I should have asked you first. I don't know what their plans are other than to fly back out Sunday."

"Fine by me. We can put one in Sarah's and one in Alex's, the beds might be smaller than they are used to." We had full sized beds in the kids rooms so that wasn't that big of a worry, truthfully, although the decor wasn't for grown ups.

"We'll ask. They may have plans. Who knows?"

Some time as we snuggled and kissed we fell asleep. Even though I was horny to the point of distraction, and so was Brent, it just felt awkward the idea of having being intimate here, especially since the kids could hear and at least one was known to eavesdrop.

We awoke to a gentle tapping on the door. The clock on my phone said "7:00" so we actually slept later than normal.

"Who is it?" I asked.

"It's us," I heard two wonderful children reply.

"Well, come in ya little brats!" Brent called back. We both were decent in that we had pj bottoms on, while I had a camisole and Brent wore a tee.

Both came running in wearing their pj's and dove onto the bed. It really is a great way to wake up. After a brief tickle fight the kids let us up, and downstairs Allison already had breakfast under way. We all pitched in but mostly we got in Allison's way so that finally she shooed all out except myself. Soon the kitchen was back under control and breakfast was served.

Next were showers, and while I and the kids got cleaned up, Ron and Alex straightened the kitchen and loaded the washer. I was reminded that I had not ran as yet this morning but decided to take the day off rather than risk getting sick and being shuttled back to the hospital. Even this announcement brought alarm as our runs had become so habitual that everyone wondered if I felt okay.

It's about an hour to the airport, so by ten Brent and I were getting ready. I dressed casually, but not too casual. I wore a grey sweater dress and black tights, along with black boots that were just above my ankles. They had heels that were a bit spiky and sexy but looked good with the overall ensemble. Brent wore khakis and a sweater. Guys have it so easy!

We went downstairs and along the way were joined by Alex, who looked cute in a blue blazer, white button down and bow tie.

"Hey, Buddy, what are you all dressed up for?"

"To meet your other family." He smiled at Brent.

"Oh? And who said you were going?" Brent grinned as we reached the great room, to find Allison, Ron and Sarah all dressed for church as well.

"I did, if that's okay," Ron said. "Our son is having a momentous day. We want to be there for him."

"I... I'd like that. Thanks," Brent stammered.

We gathered up Damita and agreed to meet at the campus house, which we did just long enough to let the pup run again.

Brent and I rode in the truck while Ron, Allison and the kids took his Lexus. Short term parking was pretty full, but we managed to find a spot that was a short walk to the terminal. Which was good for, as smashing as my boots looked, Nancy Sinatra would not have approved. They weren't made for walking. Sarah had little experience in heels, even low ones like she wore, and by the time we got to the edge of the parking lot Ron had scooped her up and was carrying her. Alex tried to be brave but church shoes weren't the norm for him and he fell behind until Brent picked him up in one arm as well. We arrived at the gate just as folks were coming off the plane.

I'm not sure if anyone other than I had taken the time to look up Robert's picture on his firm's website, but it would not have mattered. As soon as he walked through the gate his blue eyes, muscular build and facial features revealed him to be a relative of Brent's. He even had the same goofy smile I adore so much on my husband, which he displayed as he walked towards us carrying what looked like a gym bag. Beside him was a guy who looked, well, tired, but was clearly also related. Tim had worry and doubt all over him, but on seeing Brent recognized him as family as well with a smile brighter than the sun. Soon all three were in a group hug that seemed to last forever. Ron, Allison and I smiled and respectfully waited. Sarah looked stunned, perhaps by Robert's appearance, and Buddy, still in Brent's arm, looked like the king of the world as the three grasped each other beneath him.

"So who is this big guy?" Timothy asked as they pulled apart, each with tears dripping down their cheeks.

"This is Alex, but I call him 'Buddy', he's my new brother." Brent smiled at Alex.

"And you must be Jessica," Robert said as he extended a handshake and a smile.

"Just call me 'Jessie.'" I smiled back and took his hand.

"Brent, when we talked you never said how beautiful your wife was! It is so wonderful to meet you, Jessie," Timothy said, shaking my hand as well. He was visibly nervous and shaking at this meeting, but seemed like a nice guy.

Brent turned to Ron and Allison, "And these folks are my mom and dad, Ron and Allison. They took me in and adopted me when, well, you know. Anyway, whatever I am I owe to them." Allison blushed and I could have swore I saw Ron get a little red faced, too.

Ron extended his hand and said, "It's very nice to meet you both, I hope..."

He was interrupted by Timothy: "Oh my god, you cannot imagine how grateful we are to you both. It's, well... I..." and, with that, Timothy sat down to cry. Brent and Robert joined him, each saying how lucky they were to find Brent and his family after all these years.

Once they caught their breath, Timothy began apologizing for losing his demeanor, but Ron, nor the rest of us, would hear any of it.

"We, well, we're an emotional family," Brent said. "Oh, I didn't introduce you to someone very important, my little sister Sarah!" Upon being finally recognized, Sarah joined the hug fest and was soon doted upon by her new family members.

"So, what do I call you?" she asked Robert.

"Well most people call me 'Bob'."

"No, I mean, are you, like a cousin or," Sarah, asked her face showing genuine confusion.

"Well," Allison said, "If Bob and Timothy..."

"Just Tim," he smiled.

"If Bob and Tim are Brent's uncles, and Brent is your brother..."

"Just call us 'Uncle Bob' and 'Uncle Tim', if that's okay with you folks."

Allison grinned. "You'll find the relationships can get confusing."

"Oh!" Sarah announced, "They are like Aunt Donna's brothers, except she doesn't have any!"

"That's right!" Brent laughed.

"Wait, who is Donna again?" Tim asked.

"That's my other mother. Allison's sister mother," I explained.

"Oh, so Brent's mother-in-law?"

"Yes, but that's me, too, if he gets out of line." Allison laughed.

"You guys must be tired. We're hoping you will stay with us," I said.

"Oh don't be silly, Jessie. They are staying with us. We have much more room," Allison announced with a smile.

"Oh, we were just going to stay at the Sheraton or somewhere. Don't worry about us," Bob said.

"Well, now you don't have to. Jessie, why don't you get the truck and pull up while we get their luggage, then you can go on to Brent's mom. We'll meet you back at the house, and don't forget to bring Damita," Ron said.

"Oh, we just have carry on," Tim announced.

"Then we're good to go! Right this way, folks. Is it your first time here?" Allison asked.

"I was here at the Opryland convention center a couple years ago. My firm sent me for a conference. It was Christmas time and I got lost inside the place," Bob answered.

"It's my first." Tim smiled.

"Well, I wish you could stay longer. There is so much to do and see!"

"This trip is all about Gail but we'll be back for longer stays until she's well." Bob smiled.

We got to the exit and the cold air hit. Sarah complained, and Timothy told her it was warm compared to the weather near Buffalo.

We got to the truck, hugged Allison, Ron and the kids, and headed out. I drove, mainly so Brent could talk to his uncles without distraction. Of course, both remarked about women in the south driving trucks. Brent told them that not all women in the south did, but that his wife was "particularly kick ass" which got him a smile from me. They told Brent stories about his mother growing up, and repeatedly thanked us for contacting them. Both were sincere in what they called their "disappointment" with their parents. Apparently, both parents had doted on their only daughter and when she married young, they became angry not just at the marriage but at who she married. It was a rift that would never heal. Bob was about 13 or 14 when all this happened and was forbidden to even write his sister, although he immediately did. When the letter came back with the wrong address he had been punished severely for his indiscretion and never attempted again until he left home for college. By then Gail and her husband, Brent's father, were lost to them.

We arrived at the convalescence center, said a brief prayer, and went in. Rebecca was waiting for us with medical updates. Gail was doing well still, but the impending visit had made her quite antsy and animated so they had Xanax at the ready just in case.

Finally Brent went down the hall and into Gail's room, followed by Bob, Tim and myself.

"Hey, Mom!"

"Brent! I knew it was you! Remember? You told me yesterday that you would visit and..."

Gail stopped her recitation of yesterday's conversation when she saw Bob and Tim. She rose and walked briskly towards them and threw her arms around them both.

"Oh god, Gail. Oh god, I've missed you so much," I heard Bob say as tears poured down all their eyes.

Brent came to me and put his arm around me.

"I did good, didn't I?" I asked, and he could only nod his head as tears filled his eyes.

Rebecca brought in a couple of extra chairs after a few minutes as the tear fest died down and we spent the afternoon with them reminiscing and apologizing for having lost touch. About two hours in, Gail volunteered her history of where she had been the last 20 years starting with her marriage, her disownment, which she touched on only briefly, Brent being born, losing Ricardo, then losing her mind. She bragged that she had gotten Brent into the best home possible with the Andersons and seldom a week went by that he didn't visit. She even bragged about her daughter-in-law being in college. Her perspective on things was unique, probably because of her mental illness, but she was entertaining to listen to. Bob and Tim shared their life histories as well, and Gail demanded that next visit they bring their families, which both said they would. It would be dark before we left, and then we could go only with a promise to return in the morning.

I drove again while Brent and his uncles talked, this time about him and his history. Both regretted not being there to be his uncles as he grew and promised to make up for it now. We got to the house and they waited in the living room while we let Damita run again and we again threw some clothes in a bag for a second overnight stay at our parents. We got back on the road in just a few minutes with Brent's uncles now doting on Damita, which gave us a chance to explain Sarah and Alex's background and give them some advice on taboo subjects, like not asking about their biological families. Finally at the end of what seemed like a long day, we got off the interstate and approached Ron and Allison's gated community.

"Brent, Tim and I have talked, is there anything you need? I mean, I know money must be tight with school and all, but if you need anything, well, uncles are supposed to help..." Bob asked, his voice tapering as he felt the awkwardness of his question. It was really sweet though and neither of us were offended. Of course right then we pulled up to the gate and I rolled down the window to punch in the code.

"We have a passkey but it's in Brent's car," I said.

"Oh, you mean the Honda at your home? That's Brent's? So the truck must belong to Ron? He's a dentist, right?" Tim asked.

"Uh, no, the truck is mine, but I let Brent drive it some. And yes, Ron is a dentist. So if you don't want him doing fillings, don't smile too big." I grinned.

We drove past the McMansions on the entry road and Bob remarked that in their area these homes would cost a half a million.

"They're not quite that here, probably around a third. The bigger ones are at the back of the development, where we're going." Brent said nonchalantly. And he really was nonchalant as neither of us cared what manner of home the Anderson's lived in or how much money they had, only that we loved them and they loved us. When I finally turned in the driveway I thought I heard a gasp from Tim at the size of the place and it was only then that I realized that they must have thought Brent was raised in some Dickensian poverty. Nothing like Ron and Allison's home to burst that bubble.

While Brent was gathering our bags and his uncles staring at the home, myself and Damita were noticing that Donna's car was in the drive as well. It appeared I was in for another night of wedding planning. Yuck.

Allison and Donna had dinner ready and we ate in the dining room, which we had rarely used before. Of course, we rarely had nine people for dinner too. Ron showed the uncles to their rooms then the boys, Alex included, went to the den while the girls took over the great room for wedding planning. I couldn't complain. Being around Brent's uncles had made me realize just how lucky I was compared to most. Here they had thought we had grown up poor when we had grown up quite comfortably. Now, in truth, Brent and I were poor. Neither of us had income except for foster kid money to help pay for school, but Ron and Allison were rich and were inflicted with such generosity that money was never a worry. Before being a foster kid I had known poverty, and wasn't too many years removed from it. I still didn't know how to behave like a wealthy person, but I tried to be polite and friendly and hoped it worked out. It usually did.

By bed time, we had managed to pick out invitations and tuxes. The tuxes were easy actually and Brent said he would rather just leave it up to me. Of course by leaving it up to me he got to hang out with Ron and his uncles, as well as make mischief with Alex. We began working on the guest list, but that was not a problem for me. Most everyone I knew was either in the house or in Ohio visiting their family, or in Ohio banging my best friend's brothers. Allison had a list of church folks and Donna sheepishly asked if she could invite some of her and Dr. Riley's friends, which of course I agreed to happily.

Finally, around eleven, we crawled into bed. We had not been intimate in several days and I was developing strong urges. Okay, I was horny as hell and really needed Brent, but of course there was the noise problem. Once again, we slept frustrated. Before nodding off I mentioned that I had expectations for the next night, and with a deep kiss he told me he did too.

Morning came too soon and once again our younger siblings woke us. The plan was that Brent, the uncles and I would skip church and spend the day with Gail until they had to leave to fly back. Both uncles were staggeringly nice and good natured. The evening spent catching up with, or rather getting to know, Brent had been joyful for them and they only regretted having missed the first 20 years of his life. They took great pride in my husband and had everlasting gratitude to Ron and Allison for doing what they wished they could have done, which is to have raised him.