The Descending of Jessica Ch. 17

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Jessie92
Jessie92
503 Followers

As we were about to leave, Allison asked if I had spoken to Carolyn.

"No, why?"

"Oh, they're calling for an ice storm this evening. You might want to call and warn her to get back before it hits."

"What time is it supposed to hit?"

"Around fiveish, I think," Ron answered. "Hey, you two need to take a kerosene heater just in case. Brent help me get one out of the garage for you."

"We have gas heat," I said, wondering what the panic was about.

"Well, yeah, sweetie, but you have an electric fan on the heat pump that moves the warm air around. If the power goes out the gas heat doesn't do a lot of good. You're better off with the fireplace and a kerosene heater." Ron smiled.

"Oh! You can make s'mores!" Allison giggled, which brought demands from the kids that they spend the night, which of course was vetoed.

"Well, if we take your heater what are you going to do if the power goes out?" I asked.

"We'll turn everything off but the fridge and freezer and hook up the generator in the garage. It won't power the whole house but it will keep the heat on. We'll be fine." Ron said.

Once loaded, and Alex had an opportunity to walk Damita, we headed out, first to drop off the pup again, then to spend the day with Gail. We had lunch there at the facility but rather than hospital food they let us call out for pizza, which was nice and Gail thoroughly enjoyed it. We spent the day again getting to know each other. Gail was less animated this day and seemed to have a foreboding sadness that her brothers would be leaving but each said they would be back in the next couple of weeks for a longer visit.

Our visit ended, as one might expect, in tears. After all those years of no contact it just seemed unfair that they should only have so few hours together. Bob said he would be back in a week or so, and Tim said he would be taking a week off in the next month to bring his family down. Both promised to call Gail and Brent everyday, and this was a promise they would keep. The doctor on call at the time of our visit went over Gail's status. One of her problems in the past was falling into the trap of thinking she was better and refusing to take the meds that had gotten her that way. It would be important in the next few weeks to constantly encourage her to stay on the regime as clearly they were working. All promised to help.

In the end, Brent and I visited Gail two or three times a week at minimum, usually more. After a few visits, I began dropping by on my own and she always made me feel welcome. Tim and Bob kept their promises and called every day and Bob flew in every weekend for a while, the very next time with his wife and children. Tim worked more hours, but took a week off the next month and brought his family as well. Gail was kept busier than she had been in years and began making off site visits with family. We would go to eat, or just to shop at the mall. Allison and Donna would come along on these shopping trips and it was apparent that all were forming a nice clique.

We took Bob and Tim to the airport, but they had to clear security an hour before the flight so there wasn't time for a long goodbye. By the time they left, Brent was emotionally drained and exhausted. We went home to finally rest and release some of the sexual tension that had been building up from several days of celibacy. Just as we got there it began to rain and I remembered that I was to call Carolyn.

"Hey!" she answered on the first ring.

"Hey yourself! Where are you?"

"About an hour north of town, why?"

"How are the roads?" I asked.

"So far they're okay. It's supposed to ice over isn't it?"

"Yeah, I meant to call earlier and give you the heads up but it sounds like you got it anyway."

"Yeah, Mom and Dad sent us off early. The weather channel might as well have said, 'If your daughter doesn't leave now, we will kill her.' It's not supposed to get bad until dark or so. We should be fine," Carolyn said with a laugh.

"Well, be careful! It's already raining here!"

"Here too, but it seems like I've driven in rain before. See ya in a few!"

Carolyn hung up and I caught Brent up on her progress. It appeared she would get home just before dark, which is when the temperature was expected to drop so I was concerned but not overly worried. Carolyn was the best driver of any of us and would know if she needed to pull over.

We got home and Brent cranked the heat up as he went down the hall to let Damita out. I jumped into the shower as I expected the house might be a bit cold if the power went out and I wanted to be fresh for Brent, anyway.

A jade green thong and bra went on and then some casual sweats before I dried my hair and applied some base and just a bit of makeup. Brent was awfully quiet downstairs and, once ready, I went downstairs to find a note that he had gone out for more kerosene and a couple of flashlights. Sure enough, the rain was turning to ice and I could hear the lines crackling. I was about to call Brent and Carolyn when they both slid into the drive.

"Hey, honey! Don't scare me like that! I came downstairs and you were gone!" I exclaimed.

"Didn't you see my note?" Brent asked as he set down a large blue fuel can on the porch and then put his arms around me with shopping bags still in his hands.

"Yeah, but I was worried." I grinned and kissed him.

"I called Allison. Everyone is home safe there, including your mom. Apparently they were discussing honeymoons when the storm hit so she's just going to ride it out there."

"That's good. So, lets get inside! It's freezing! Carolyn do you need help with your stuff?"

"No, I got it. Just a couple of bags. You're right, though, this weather sucks!" She smiled and hugged us both.

"Well, put it away and come tell us about your trip!"

"Okay, but you gotta tell me about the uncles!" She grinned.

We went in and the house was almost stifling warm. Brent had brought in wood for the fireplace but hadn't lit it, and the heater was set up in the kitchen but not on. It was hot because he had turned up the thermostat just in case the power went out. Before turning it down he insisted on assembling flashlights and a battery operated lantern, as well as setting up candles throughout the downstairs. I switched to a camisole so I wouldn't melt.

Carolyn came over and exclaimed it was hot on her side, too. Brent finally agreed to turn down the heat and just as he did the power went out. We heard the transformer blow and, a moment later, everything went dark and quiet.

Brent turned on the lantern and lit candles while Carolyn and I sat on the couch.

Once it was light enough to move around, Carolyn asked, "So, Brent, did you plan this?"

"What? No, I just, well Ron got me thinking, would we be ready if the power went out so I picked up a few things. I don't know how long the house will stay warm, though. I should build a fire."

The house was already cooling down, although it would be a half hour before it was comfortable. Carolyn and I chatted about her trip and the uncles while Brent built a fire and, when it was going, he announced he was going to take a shower before the house got cold.

"Well, don't use all the hot water. We don't know when we'll get more," I said.

"Uh, we have a gas hot water heater, honey. We aren't going to run out." He smiled and I could only grin at my silliness. Carolyn decided to wash up before her side got cold and ran next door, leaving me alone with Damita. It was cozy warm in the living room and I decided we should sleep on the foldout across the room from the fireplace. The power might be on in an hour, but it might not be on for days. In any event, given the ice build up I could see out the window on the cars and truck, we weren't going anywhere.

With Brent busy showering, I made the bed up. I hadn't slept in it yet but I stretched out and it was surprisingly comfortable.

"Geez, it's already cold upstairs," Brent said as he came down towel drying his hair. He was wearing his usual night time wear of basketball shorts and a tee.

"Yeah, I figured we should sleep down here next to the fire. Don't you think?" I asked as I sprawled across the bed as sexily as I could. Despite the weather, I was dead set on making up for the last few days of missed intimacy. Brent's smile told me he felt the same way. He stretched out beside me and smothered me with a deep passionate kiss that got all my juices flowing. I was so lucky to have him and wanted to do something special with him, although I had no idea what at that moment. I just figured to play it by ear.

The knock was quiet at first, then a bit louder. Brent jumped up to get the door and found Carolyn on the other side, shivering.

"Hey, don't forget to let your faucets drip or the pipes might freeze," she said.

"You might freeze. Get in here!" Brent exclaimed.

"Oh! Were you gone to bed? I should go."

"Carolyn, you're freezing. How long were you outside?" Brent asked.

"Oh, just a second. It's really cold on my side."

"Well, why didn't you say so? You're staying over here with us. We've got the fireplace and the heater," I demanded.

Brent shut the door behind her and she sat on the edge of the bed towards the fire. She really sat on the part of the sectional that was not the bed, but whatever. I sat up and wrapped the comforter around both of us as Brent disappeared into the kitchen.

Next to me as she was, she was shivering. Apparently, she had taken a shower but hadn't been able to dry her hair and left the bathroom to find her apartment side of the house had dropped into the forties.

"I'll get warmed up and go back to my place. I have a sleeping bag there. I'll be fine." She smiled.

"No, you'll stay here and stay warm with us. We'll have a slumber party." I grinned.

"Ha! I don't think Brent is ready for our kind of slumber party." She smirked.

"Are you kidding? It's all he thinks about... Well, that and taking me camping for some reason." I giggled.

There was a long silence, broken by Carolyn asking, "Are we talking about the same thing?"

I was freakishly horny, but even I knew there was a line approaching that I wasn't sure I really wanted to cross. I could only answer honestly.

"Well, if it happens, I'm okay with it. If it doesn't, well, I'm okay, too."

"No, that's a cop out, I need an answer. What do you want to happen, Jessie?"

I didn't have to answer as Brent returned with a tray covered with cups of hot chocolate.

"See! I told you my husband was perfect!" I exclaimed.

"Gawwd, Jessie, how do you do that?" Carolyn asked as Brent handed us mugs of cocoa.

"Do what?" Brent asked.

"Oh, nothing. Just one minute she's all mature and adult and grown up and the next she's a little girl excited about hot chocolate."

"Well, Brent makes great hot cocoa," I said, my confusion showing.

"Yeah, I don't get it," Brent allowed.

"It's just... well, one second we're talking about really grown up stuff, and the next minute she's just as innocent as the driven snow," Carolyn said.

"Oh, she's not that innocent." Brent grinned.

"Yes, I am. I'm a good girl!" I nearly shouted.

"No, you're wonderful girl, best wife in the world, but innocent? No, innocent girls don't have rules already made up for every situation." Brent said as his arms encased me.

"Oh. Oh! I see what you mean." I smiled at Carolyn and then Brent.

"Rules?" Carolyn asked.

"Uh, yeah, rules. You know how some couples have a list of celebrities that if they ever meet they get a free pass for? Well, Jessie doesn't have anything like that, but she gives me rules for any fantasies I have."

"Like what?" Carolyn giggled.

"Oh, like no... Uh, well, I shouldn't say." Brent smiled.

"Oh, no, go ahead, Brent. I have nothing to hide!" I laughed as he suddenly became shy.

Brent clammed up and refused to continue so, after several attempts, I gave up on him explaining.

"Okay, so Brent and I, we share, well, everything; our dreams, our hopes, and sometimes our fantasies. We're very open with each other like that. And nothing too weird... He doesn't want me to wear all black and whip him or anything, but the other night we were talking about if we ever asked someone else to join us, what the ground rules would be. And I told him no butt stuff."

"'Butt stuff'?"

"Yeah, you know, doing stuff to each others butt, like..."

"Ewww, no, you don't have to explain." She laughed, although as she did so she looked at Brent who suddenly had an interest in petting Damita.

"Well, it's not like that. It's just that's a bit too personal. Anyway, I had reservations about him kissing anyone else. He doesn't want any other men in bed with us, and neither do I, and he says he only wants to do stuff with me while our, uh, guest does stuff with me. I'm not sure I believe that part and, the more I think about it, that's not fair."

"Oh? Why not?"

"Well, I would be with two people. One is my husband, the other is another girl, someone we're both close to, you know, that we adore and stuff, but they are only with me. The whole point is for everyone to be with two others, and that's why I'm, well, nervous about the whole thing. But I have to give my perv husband rules or he'd be like a dog in heat."

"Sounds like you've put a lot of thought into this, Jessie. Brent, how do you feel about those rules?" She giggled.

"Well, uh, I. I've told Jessie, I don't want to be with anyone else and... Okay confession time. Ever since she told me about last fall, you know, at the dorm? Well, I've had this image in my mind. And, well, I love my wife though. I don't want to be with anyone else the idea of her and another girl just, well, its something I can't stop thinking about, and its really hot." He gave his goofy, innocent smile like he had been caught and was confessing.

"That's sweet, honey, but how would we invite someone to join us then dictate what they can and can't do? We have I wouldn't want anyone to think we're wanting them to join us, but we're unwilling to share with what we have. You know? I mean, it makes me nervous to think about it too, but, uh, turned on as well? And, well, if its just about me, it seems selfish."

"So have you two talked to Trish about this? If I know her, I think she would be willing..."

"No. Not Trish. The list of candidates is very short," Brent said.

"It only has one name on it," I added as I stared into Carolyn's eyes.

"I see."

We sat through a pregnant silence that must have lasted a minute while we all thought about it. I curled up in Brent's arms and he leaned down to kiss me. It was a nice reassurance.

"What about after?" Carolyn asked.

"What do you mean?" I replied.

"Won't it get weird?"

"Probably, but that's why we picked... Well, I know this is going to sound odd, but if Brent ever slept with anyone else that would be cheating and neither he nor I would do that. But adding someone we care about on occasion, for the physical release for all of us and emotional support for all of us too, and, well, exploring the fantasy, I mean, Brent, well with all that is on him I just can't show him enough how much I love him, and uh this girl, she's been there for me and suffered along with Brent while I was down, and she's so beautiful and but so insecure, well and knowing we all trust each other, well, I know, I'm babbling, but I don't think it would do anything more than strengthen the relationship between us, as a couple and as individuals, and her. Besides, if Brent ever fucks her behind my back, I'll just wait until he's asleep and..."

"Woah woah!!" Brent interrupted, "How did we get around to killing me in my sleep?"

"Just making sure you remember the rules honey." I grinned.

Carolyn giggled at our banter then, after a moment, became serious.

"I can live with that, your rules. But I have one of my own."

"Oh?" I asked.

"Yes. Jessie, I adore you. I love you like, well, I don't know like what. We said friends with benefits wasn't quite right once. I don't know." She talked slowly and softly, almost in a whisper as she looked at the comforter rather than Brent or I. "And I haven't stopped thinking about last fall either, I admit it, I day dream about it every day and it confuses me because, well, because I am otherwise not interested in girls, and, well I would never ever jeopardize what you have with Brent, you two are my best friends. Anyway, I, well you know how I feel about you, and that's, well, my rule is this: I can't fuck your husband. Brent, you're like a brother to me, but come on, I would never dream of fucking my brother." She laughed.

"Well, I guess that settles it then..." Brent began before I interrupted.

"No, wait. I, that's not fair to you or Brent."

"Sure it is. I get to be with my best friend again, and I like I said, I've thought about it every day even if it does confuse me. Brent gets, well, he gets... What do you get Brent?"

"I get to see my wife and our best friend naked and going at it?"

"See? He gets to be a pervert as you say... Brent, you really are perverted for wanting to watch like that and you... Well, look at Jessie, not me. I'm self conscious about that." Carolyn smiled and as she said this moved across me to kiss Brent on the cheek, leaving her kneeling between my legs. The comforter now laid behind us. "But I love ya! Now you..." she said as she looked into my eyes, "I think Brent wants to watch us? Is that right?"

"That's what he says." I looked up at her and smiled.

"And you want to make him happy that way?"

"Uh huh." I smiled.

"And you need my help?"

"Yes. He and I wouldn't bother with anyone else." I smiled.

"Then there's just one thing to do.."

Carolyn leaned forward and kissed me, tentatively at first, then with passion. Her hand cupped my breast and my temperature began to rise. I knew this would be a long hot night, even with the power off and the icy rain falling outside.

*****

Until next time!

Jessie92
Jessie92
503 Followers