The Device: Media Bias

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I..."

"I don't want to fucking hear it. Take a few days to clear your head and call your lawyer. I'm going to try to prevent things from getting even further out of hand, but at this rate there will be litigation."

"Wait, you have to understand! It wasn't -"

But it was too late. She'd already hung up.

My head swam. The device. Where was it? It had exploded hadn't it? But nothing was missing, nothing was out of place. Had it been real? It must have been. How else could I be... could I be this?

I think it was only then that it really hit me. It had been real. It had all been real. My vision blurred.

The phone rang again. It was Karen. Bilious regret rose up in my throat as I answered.

"Hi Kaitlin."

"Karen!"

"I'm glad I got through to you. I kept trying last night but it was no good. I was worried something might have happened to you. Are you okay?"

Sure enough I had a half-dozen missed calls. I had been so caught up in changing the world I didn't even notice.

"I- yeah, I guess you could say that." I struggled to keep my voice steady. "I'm fine now though." I looked down once again to confirm the lack of shrapnel wounds. "I think."

"Oh, I'm glad! Look," - there was a hitch in her voice - "I just wanted you to know that I don't hold it against you."

"What?"

"The promotion. I thought you might have been avoiding me because you probably think I hold it against you. I mean, does it hurt? Yes. But I understand. You probably have your reasons. When I couldn't get in touch with you yesterday I just... a part of me was worried that you thought I was angry or something."

"You're not angry?"

"I was mad at first, sure." she laughed, "but I think... I think I get it. It was a tough decision. I know everybody thinks that guy's a bimbo skank just because of the way he looks, but you know as well as I do that he works his butt off every day around the office. And its not like we have many men in the company hierarchy, right? I think it was very progressive of you."

"You... you what?"

"Sure, I'm upset I didn't get what I wanted, but I'm happy that it went to someone else who deserved it. The important thing is that I forgive you. We're still friends, right?"

My gut lurched. Oh my god all those awful things I had done to her. She didn't even know; she didn't even realize. She had every reason to hate me even without those things and I had made them so much worse.

Oh my god what had I done? Tears came unbidden to my eyes.

"Karen," I cried, "I'm so sorry!"

"It's fine. Like I said, I forgive you! I'm sure if the positions were reversed, you'd do the same."

"Yeah." I lied. "You're right."

"Great! I'm glad I was able to get through to you. Look, I've got to go. Kevin's waking up so I've got to go get the wine for round two. I'm glad you're okay! We should go get dinner sometime!"

"Y-yeah. I'll talk to you soon."

She hung up. Silence overtook the room.

I sat there staring at the wall, my brain simultaneously firing a mile a minute and not at all. I expected some big emotional reaction, but all I felt was shock.

Finally, the pounding of my head drove me to venture forth.

I poked experimentally at the floor of my new dream living room. It seemed real enough.

I poured myself a drink of water and took some aspirin, I was angry I hadn't upgraded the washroom when I'd had the chance.

The morning news was playing. We didn't normally have a tv. I sat down to watch. It just seemed like the thing to do.

I was having a hard time parsing what I was seeing.

The weatherman was a pretty guy in a yellow sun dress, small and petite but with big creamy breasts wobbling unrestrained beneath the low summery cut of the thin material. The anchor, a tall imposing woman attired much more professionally, eyed him hungrily. Her banter with him had an unabashed sexual dominance to it that he seemed to just eat right up.

"Coming up after the break," the anchor announced, throwing to commercial, "The identity of Chris Hemsworth's baby-daddy revealed? The illicit gay affair no one saw coming." Clips played of the celebrity trying to hide his distended pregnant belly from the paparazzi.

I started flicking through the channels.

Click. Muscular women wearing frumpy work clothes walked down the catwalk, their hair mussed up, their makeup smeared, cum stains dripping down their pants and in their hair. They looked like they'd stopped by a whore house after work.

Click. A petite male bimbo, naked save for the thin strap of his microskirt and the matching pink outline of his chastity cage was giving an oscar-worthy speech while getting his ass ploughed by a strong female superior officer wearing a strapon longer than her arm.

Click. A jockish sorority was planning on sneaking into a frat house and stealing all their pretty pink butt plugs.

Click. An ad for cosmetic surgery to give girls dicks. Hypersensitive lifelike texture so you can feel like the goddess you know you are. Sizes starting as small as 6 inches. Animal variants available.

Click. A girl tanning on a beach in her business suit.

I turned off the tv and let out the breath I didn't realize I'd been holding.

Despite all my changes the world still seemed so staggeringly similar. I had half-expected zeppelins or dinosaur nazis winning world war 2, but the world just kept carrying on, so different and yet so familiar. It was like society didn't even realize it had been changed.

And yet this was a whole new culture wasn't it? Familiar, but alien beyond what I'd intended. I'd been so concerned with trying to topple masculinity I completely failed to notice how it had changed femininity. I'd been so blind. A swap has two sides.

"Kait?" Came a soft sweet voice.

I turned and looked. It was Kyle. Or what remained of him at least.

The Kyle from last night had been one thing, but this bubbling sexpot before me was quite another. I could hardly recognize him beneath the skimpy clothes and the makeup. Two huge jiggling mounds of flesh jutted proudly from his chest, barely restrained behind a brightly colored string-bikini top worn under a gauzy translucent blouse that hung down just below his plentiful ass in a parody of a boyfriend shirt. There was a skirt beneath, but you'd hardly know from how short it was.

Apart from the soft cock dancing below the hem of his skirt, he looked every bit like the kind of vapid slut he was always hitting on.

"Oh my god!" I gawked at him. I tried not to but his boobs were like magnets. "You - You have tits!?" I thought he'd been feminine before, but here was a Kyle with much higher beauty standards.

Every inch of him that had been manly man before, was now girly girl. He was gorgeous. This wasn't just a Kyle who idolized some girly celebrities. This was a Kyle who grew up in a culture of that idealization.

"Wait," I said, scrutinizing his boobs. "Are those things real? I didn't turn you into a woman, did I?"

"Aw, thank you." he set a plate of eggs in front of me and ran a salacious hand over his bouncing pillows. "Best tits money could buy." With a practiced grace he took off his shirt to let the pendulous melons beneath swing free. "But just cause they're fake, doesn't make me any less of a man, sweetie."

"They're fake?"

"Uh, yeah? We can't all be as naturally stacked as Arnold." He giggled. "Or that slutty guy from your office. I got them put in when I was like, 16. Same as most guys, I guess. You like my big pillowy tits, baby?"

"They're great!" I gushed. He blushed. I guess in this world boob job technology had come a long way. "And the skirt..." my eyes drifted down to the thin flippy scrap of silk wrapped around his waist. "It's so... it's so short!"

"Like, duh? How else would you be able to see my big fat naughty butt?"

He spun around and stuck out his juicy round behind, the flimsy excuse for a skirt not even trying to hide his modesty. He wiggled back and forth, his juicy thong-clad ass just begging to be spanked.

"Is everything okay?" he said, looking over his shoulder. "It's not like you to be so sweet."

A muffled grunt was all I could manage. I bit my lip so hard it bled. I thought it had been bad yesterday but it was like I was on a hair trigger.

"Well, if you're enjoying it so much, then how about after breakfast," he grinned that familiar grin of his as he strutted back into the kitchen, eyebrows waggling. "what's say you get your strap-on and you can scramble my eggs?"

I spat out my orange juice. Oh my god. What had I done? I cursed myself for swapping away my dick.

My phone lit up with a notification, a text from some boy I'd never met begging for a booty call.

I pulled open my social media feed. My head swam. Everything was different. People I didn't recognize and activities I'd never heard of. And the porn. The porn was everywhere.

Pictures from last night showed that Karen had put that big black dildo to good use to fuck the now girly-Kevin. Not only was she bragging about it - she'd posted videos. People were liking and sharing. The top comment, which was from her brother, simply read "Totes jealous <3"

Even the tamest of websites seemed festooned with advertisements featuring all-but naked boys, and that's to say nothing of the wild ones.

The man who had been my boss was still kind of pudgy and ugly - even femininity couldn't make him less of a skeezeball - but the clothes he now wore were low cut to show off his garish large tits. He was gloating about his promotion and how it was nice to be taken seriously for once, even as a barrage of comments demanded to see him with his top off on his knees with a face full of cum.

I looked at my own profile in surprise. Was that supposed to be me? Who was this muscular woman in all my photos? She was doing these things I didn't remember, fucking all these guys I'd never seen. My family, my friends... all different.

The phone fell from my hand. My whole life was just... gone.

No, that wasn't quite right, was it? This was a whole new world, but I was the stranger here. I had stolen the life of the me that belonged in this world.

The breath left me.

"You okay?" Kyle wiggled his way back into the room.

"Yeah..." I fell back into the soft plush of the couch. I was dizzy.

"Here," his smile was almost sweet, "I know what always makes you feel better."

I felt hands tugging down my pajama pants and then soft hot breath at my snatch. A shiver shook through me. My legs clamped around Kyle's head as long slow licks of a hot tongue traced a preparatory path around my perfect horny vulva.

"Wh-at are you doing?" I gasped.

"Uh, eating you out?" he giggled. "Why?" he gave a few more muffled licks "Am I doing it wrong? Just pull my hair and push me where you want me to go. You know how much we both love that.

"Oh, fuck!" I rolled my head back as my hands gripped into his soft blonde hair. My eyes crossed in sweet warm delight as I gave myself over to his probing tongue.

This was a whole new world. But you know what?

I screamed out as I came around his face - the first of many orgasms.

I looked out the window into the world I'd created and I smiled.

Maybe life didn't suck so bad after all.

The End.