All Comments on 'The Devil in Devlin'

by cliffgirl08

Sort by:
  • 34 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

I would have given anything to have a friend like Caleb when I came out. Damn religious bigots.

ingaalleningaallenover 11 years ago

Hot. have to wondr how they went from total secrecy to kissing in front of the f. parents like that but everybody has there breaking point I guess.

undead_queenundead_queenover 11 years ago

Nice solid follow-up to your last story.

MrDebonairMrDebonairover 11 years ago

Clever title but damn that kid had a screwed up life.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

Agreed, its so hurtful that ppl judge gay, lesbian and bi ppl like this after they tell us to be ourselves..... Love is love no mattter wat it looks like. Beautiful story, loved how they probably just thought "eff it" at the end and kissed in front of everyone

mattchu_pichumattchu_pichuover 11 years ago
Telling it like it is

I enjoyed this awesome story a lot. I agree with Anon that there are too many people hung up on labels in this world and the church leads the charge Just live and let live

coffeejunkie88coffeejunkie88over 11 years ago
Great

This was so great! I loved your last story and was looking forward to something new from you. Keep writing. I can't wait for more.

clairegermclairegermover 11 years ago
Well Done!

Thank you, cliffgirl, for your continued writing about happy (teenage) gay love. I applaud you for daring to dream a better future for these kids. This was beautifully written and carefully crafted. Perhaps, in time, we will learn about Dev and Kody five years after college: strong, accomplished and still in love.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Gawd...

It took me forever to read this through, and I could not stop reading it. Well done! The best of all your works!!!

thatonekiddthatonekiddover 11 years ago
Can I say ...

I loved it? I haven't gotten to a chance to fully read it yet (still on page 3, but getting there!).

I honestly thought Devvie was going to end up with Mr. Hunky Caleb, but I guess not~

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Casey 1988

I like the story. At first I thought that the story was gonna be too dark but you fixed that. Now as a question will this story be continued?

atheistinokietownatheistinokietownover 11 years ago
loved it!

Well written, great story with the perfect pace. The character development was done very well although I wish there had been more details during the development of their relationship. Overall a great read!

cliffgirl08cliffgirl08over 11 years agoAuthor

No, this is just a single chapter story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
I like it!

Thank you for writing this so soon after your last story. Please, please continue to share your stories with us.

montyw47montyw47over 11 years ago
More Please! We Like the Devils in All of Us

The story at beginning was a little too much written of the foster homes but I experienced some of what was written myself. Sometimes you have to get it on paper, so others know what REALLY was going on in that setting & loneliness in a loveless home. The rest of the story was a good read, needs another college life part with the wacky religious figures thrown in for some comic relief. The sex scenes are very good & enjoyed the story as a whole. Well done with Caleb.

8skaterz88skaterz8over 11 years ago
Great story

Where are all of your stories? Dreaming of Dax and Love Unexpected? Did you delete them?

About this one, I would have liked to see a little more of Dev and Dakota's relationship after they got together, but I like it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
where are the other stories

echoing what 8skaterz8 said...where are your other stories? I absolutely loved Dreaming of Dax series.

TimothyMTimothyMover 11 years ago
Let me hurry to praise this story before it disappears also.

To those commentators asking for cliffgirl's other stories, just go to the biography page, where she explains the reasons and let's you know where you can find the two series.

I liked this story for many reasons. One of them was that although you showed very clearly how sad religious bigotry against homosexuality is, you also gave credit to the fact that this foster famliy was so much better in many ways due to the inherent goodness (no abuse, kind treatment, simple decency to other humans) which is also part of a good Christian faith.

lonesomedove66lonesomedove66over 11 years ago
I have to agree

This was a sad but beautiful story as always and I hope we see more about these two because they are great. I would love to know how Dakota, coming from such a strict upbringing got away with the piercings and tatts though...

parkranger5parkranger5over 11 years ago
i'm sad

please don't delete this story too. so many of you good writers are leaving here.

i'm glad you didn't do the typical cliche where devlin and caleb fell in love, but i liked the role caleb played of cupid. he was a cool dude when you think about his background and what he had been taught about homosexuality. loved the interaction between caleb and devlin when dakota disappeared and how they banded together to find him.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

This story was amazing! You are very talented and could definitey get published! :)

randaltrirandaltriabout 11 years ago

I don't know how I missed this wonderful story. I dream of a day when bigotry is a forgotten word and children don't have to be afraid of telling their parents they're gay. Every gay teenager needs a friend like Caleb. Good job.

melonhead94melonhead94about 11 years ago
Heck yeah

What an awesome story! I agree with Timothy. Im' not excusing the Simons family for being ultra-religious and intolerant, but at least they were good people and didn't abuse Devlin. I hope we read more about these two.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
and i so want say

"climbed back in his truck and drove away to freedom." to save the world....

i can totally imagine the music to the film of this in my head. love, love, love this story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
yes!

Loveeeeeee it.

dez421dez421almost 11 years ago

Wooooooo. Read it and loved it you are av true romantic and amazing author. More from these two please.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Beautiful, film script material!

I've never read a gay romance story that I felt so inthrawled by. Towards the end I was on the edge of my seat, fearing that something would get in the way of their love.

Very nicely, tastefully written. I could really see this being turned into a film!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Breathtaking

Shocking, exciting.

Thank you, for highlighting the contradictory views of religion, and love.

Really one of the most beautiful stories I have ever read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Just a great story

Forget the sex (also good), this is a really good story, very touching. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Love it

Great story love the ending love the whole thing I was surprised that Deviln didn't like Caleb but I'm glad he's with Dakota their cute together

PleasepleasePleasepleaseover 7 years ago
CliffGirl08 wherever you are...

You are deeply missed and your memory will live on in all the lives you touched while here on earth.

Baby_MalenaBaby_Malenaover 6 years ago
Whoo yay!

You know a story is good when you can't wait for it to END so you can rest assured that it turns out okay in the long run! Had my breath held and my fingers crossed, and you didn't let me down! Kudos on a great story with a brilliant sense of pacing with a clean, satisfying wrap up.

OzeminotaurOzeminotaurabout 3 years ago

I really enjoyed this

That’s it great love story

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous