All Comments on 'The Devil's Bargain Ch. 13'

by AspernEssling

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
Comentarista82Comentarista82over 1 year ago

His mom's death was anticlimactic, although her will basically urinated and defecated on him, especially after all he sacrificed for her--and the old bat expected it. But I suspected that was going to play like that.

You used Gabrielle for quite the twist and I really enjoyed how Dan used it to help heal her. No way Martine will forget him. Odd thing is you could have used her to push him to learn French and THEN he would have had another option for a woman (and a reason to travel). It mystifies me why you didn't send her to make love to Dan that final night before everyone left. I'm sure it's pure misdirection, because Holly will never give up chasing prestige, because Holly is no different from the addict that always promises to quit, and although there are some half-hearted attempts to quit, the person relapses because there's no true commitment. Lisa's showing she's still Dan's, and that hasn't changed. Only slightly odd thing is Aartis number out of service, although I now suspect she (because of all her Tarot and more) found Tansa and struck her own bargain. It's also obvious Lisa did likewise.

Only thing now is what and how bad will his 364 days of service will look like. I'd wager he'd end up caring for Sue's mom and then dealing with Sue and her insecurities and accusations, making him relive Connie/mom all over again; I also see it involving Holly and her wishywashiness, then even getting tortured by some part of Gabrielle's family that doesn't know about him. NO WAY it won't be the year of he'll!

Really sweet how he used his wish to do what he did with Gabrielle. Despite the huge trepidation I now feel for his immediate future, a 5 for this chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Another spectacular chapter and that includes you making me cry my eyes out at Freya taking a well deserved but very painful rest. It is rather interesting that this guy makes a deal with the devil which usually means that he is somewhat of a scumbag but Dan ends up treating these women better than any other boyfriend they ever had. I usually avoid stories like this but you hooked me fast and continued to deliver an amazing story that I always look forward to seeing more of.

pcman1950pcman1950over 1 year ago

Nothing about this tale has flagged in any way. Despite Tansa magic the characters continue to present as plausible and 'real'; not merely fictions of your imagination. And, despite the hedonistic license afforded by the contract with Tansa, Dan is not merely pursuing his own sexual gratification, but is learning something about himself and the women with whom he's become involved. In the midst of passion there is also pathos. I do hope that despite the loquacious and effluvious nature of some comments that you'll continue to share with us your creative mind. You're an edgy Canadian treasure.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I look forward to the next part

anubeloreanubeloreover 1 year ago

Poor Freya. What a good girl. I hope this decision to discharge his debt doesn't backfire on Dan...

InosolanInosolanover 1 year ago

Someone said about dogs and cats and ...

"They give us so much. And they hardly ask anything in return.

"Just a piece of your soul."

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAspernEssling@AspernEssling
Still writing. More to come. For those who are interested: you may have noticed that I mention music fairly often. That's because I tend to listen to music while I write, so that certain artists/albums become associated with certain stories. Here are some of the connections. G...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES