All Comments on 'The Devil's Bargain Ch. 15'

by AspernEssling

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
WatcherEyeWatcherEyeover 1 year ago

It was very nice seeing Dan helping the two women. Holly's news was pretty much as expected.

Excited about Lisa's arrival, and how the future chapter unfold!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Fantastic story, continuing your strong writing. 5 stars.

Comentarista82Comentarista82over 1 year ago

Smoothing out Kayla proved a painfully slow process, but it was so worth it; once he got her to open up, she blossomed--and who knew she was a little vixen? Thank you for having those guys thrash Mark...no sweeter comeuppance was ever read. I would have damn sure volunteered! I hope you'll leave some room in the next chapter to see Kayla with her teeth fixed.

Describing Lily's experience was quite odd: I've heard of guys being friend-zoned at the oddest of times, or even expected to be wingmen (without getting any action) but only asking her to go down on the guys? Don't know what to think of that, but I won't read much into it--except that Dan treated her like a woman and gently worked her up to being confident.

ZERO surprise with Holly: so many rocks roll around in her head that if she just hit the opposite ear, she could lay down a fully-paved pea-gravel road 100 yards long and 12 feet wide! Only a blockhead could think 3-4 hours away was "great news."

Now knowing Tansa is on Dan's side, no way Lisa's going to disappoint him--although she HAD to make her own deal with Tansa to remember him using the phrases on her. It surprised me though that Anna delivered Lisa to him. I don't think you'll use her as a final curve ball, as that would be too cruel. Dan truly earned her in spades, 10x over after all the garbage with Connie and then her mother. Hell...even working with Kayla was no small feat, and his greatest "dating" challenge yet. Then there's still the issue of having 3 "wishes" left for Dan, and the wildcard deal Lisa made. At first I almost screamed "HOT DAMN," but then after you cleverly hid Tansa's true nature and thinking of "Westrons," I feel it's best for me to be cautiously optimistic...even though all the structural evidence supports a final happy ending for poor, tortured Dan. 5

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

What a lovely conclusion to the Kayla arc. Although sex stories are commonplace, occasionally, something like this comes along and shines like a gem in the night.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well why using the spell when it is so limited and he is „only“ on an Angel job? 5 stars for sure

cma68cma68over 1 year ago

I hate you. I really, truly hate you. Every time you write a new story I say to myself, "OK - I'll wait until he's posted the whole thing - then I'll read it." And then, every time, I can't wait and start reading after you've posted 6 or 8 parts. In very short order I'm caught up, and then I am compelled to check for a new part on Lit several times a day, every day, even though I KNOW that it's always a few days between posts. I also know that parts don't show up until 2:00AM or so, but I check earlier, anyway. Then, although I'm a late night person anyway, I have to stay up past 2:00AM (Eastern time) to see if there's a new part to read, especially 3 or 4 days after the last posting.

You and "AuroraIncident" are the 2 best writers currently posting to Lit. Thanks for your creativity and great writing. (Even if you Canadians can't spell words like center or color or theater, think the "washroom" is something other than a room for washing things, and don't understand that a health center is a hospital and a gym is a gym.) :-)

NjoyreadnNjoyreadnover 1 year ago

Great! Can’t wait for the next…..

golasgilgolasgilover 1 year ago

I love the tangent that the year of service has opened up. It's also interesting that his use of the phrases and treatment of them has changed - full on caution through to using them on a whim. It shows his growth as a person. Fab.

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69over 1 year ago

Rolling along very nicely!

TomSavageIsFakeTomSavageIsFakeover 1 year ago

Such a great story, and a clever unexpected reversal. I never saw Dan using his spells to help other people. It was a way for him to have some growth, move on from the empty sexual relationships.

This story was written for mind control aficionados, and in a certain way maybe you could be slyly telling people who are interested in mc, maybe we should be looking for deeper relationships. We should find a real person who loves us, instead of a story where say the evil but sexy villain could be mind controlled and turned into our sexy plaything (because she's evil it reduces the immorality of mc-ing her). I'm willing to learn from experience about immorality ;-) Hasn't happened yet.

Polly_DollyPolly_Dollyover 1 year ago

Best chapter of this story yet? Excellent. Reminds me of waves in a building swell. And a joke, not entirely in keeping with the theme. I’m changing it.

Guy meets girl, girl says, “I’ll do anything you like for $500 (inflation you know haha).

Guy says, “Can you help me paint my house?”

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAspernEssling@AspernEssling
Still writing. More to come. For those who are interested: you may have noticed that I mention music fairly often. That's because I tend to listen to music while I write, so that certain artists/albums become associated with certain stories. Here are some of the connections. G...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES