The Devlin Family

Story Info
A man learns that his family are monsters! A family drama.
56.7k words
4.81
34.1k
99
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
grimbous
grimbous
1,040 Followers

Before you begin this lengthy tale there are a few things you should know.

First, I initially released this on a choose your own adventure site, thus the much despised Second Person POV. Also there will be parts that may seem odd in a purely linear read through. Had I known it was going to turn into what it did I would have done it differently.

Second, related to the first, there is a cast of characters and world elements introduced but left mostly unexplored for the express purpose of sequels or other story paths that I hope to write later. This initial story path was intended as a bit of a "tour" of the MC's world.

Third, on the lewd content, this is really more of a quirky family melodrama with very explicit content here and there than a pure smut story. This is no quick stroker. This story won't be for everyone, make sure you read the tags! The MC is bisexual though it is not explicitly stated. And, of course, all characters are over 18 years of age.

And finally, this story was written VERY quickly, purely for fun, and explored some kinks that are generally outside my wheelhouse. I am aware that the writing is rough in places and the tense jumps around. Please keep all of this in mind in your feedback, i.e. be gentle.

And with all of that...I hope you enjoy my story.

***

It is the day of your 21st birthday and you couldn't be more excited. Today, at last, you would find out the secret your father had been holding back from you your entire life. Even in your earliest memories you recall your dad preparing you for this day. He promised you that everything would change the day you turned 21. He had emphasized that you must be mature, resolute, secure in yourself, and calm. But most of all he stressed that you must keep your mind open. Recently, as the big day neared, you sensed that he was uneasy about it yet he assured you that the moment would not be delayed. Tonight, at precisely 8:44 pm, all would be revealed.

What could it possibly be? You already had everything a guy could want. You lived here with your family on a massive and opulent estate. The old manor house was ancient and full of quirky character but it had been modernized enough so that you had access to all of the conveniences. The land around the manor sprawled out for miles of densely wooded hills. And town life was just over half an hour's drive away, if you ignored the speed limit. Your wealthy parents ensured that you and your siblings wanted for nothing. You already lived a blessed life.

So what could this surprise be?

Money, you think, it is probably money. Lots of money. An early inheritance. Enough money to let you move out of the old manor and start a life of your own. Your mind drifts and you see yourself living the extravagant jet-setting life of a young bachelor millionaire. Ohhh the fun you would have.

Although, maybe it is an inheritance of another kind. You know you come from a long line of secretive and eccentric American aristocracy. Your family name might not have been in the history books but you knew a Devlin was lurking near the heart of every significant moment in the country's history stretching back to the colonial days. Were you to be passed some artifact or knowledge connected to your family's shadowy history? Membership into some ancient blue blood secret society? Given the colorful characters in your family tree anything was possible. You imagine yourself being welcomed into an Illuminati style organization, rubbing elbows and trading words with the world's rich and powerful. You could practically taste the power such a society would bring you and you liked it.

Or perhaps it is father's company. The mysterious business that allowed your family to live in such opulence though you could not find a single reference to it anywhere online. He wasn't as young as he used to be and the work was clearly its toll on him. He deserved a rest. With your youngest sibling turning 18 last month the kids were all adults now. He could retire and he and mother could finally get away, just the two of them, secure in the knowledge that you had things under control. With the way you were treated compared to the others you knew you were special, the favorite, the chosen one among your brothers and sisters. You were taking business courses part time at a local college in preparation of stepping into your father's shoes and perhaps today would be that day. You smile as you think about the stunned look on your brothers' and sisters' faces as the middle child of the brood took the reins of the family's great wealth to become the man of the house. It would be a good lesson for them. As they lounged here at the estate suckling upon the family teat like the spoiled rich kids they were you had been out there going to school and preparing yourself. What pride you would feel.

Obviously you had done everything you could to find out what the secret might be but it proved impossible. Try as you might not one of your relatives gave you the hint of what awaited you.

Tonight couldn't come fast enough. After a lifetime of waiting tonight was the night!

***

Standing in front of the century old full length mirror that stood in the corner of your spacious and lavishly furnished room you straighten your vest and smooth down your light brown hair. While you weren't quite the dashing figure that your handsome father was you were looking pretty damn good tonight. Butterflies danced in your stomach. It was so close now. The secret you had waited so long for.

There is a light knock at the door. You take in a deep breath and give yourself a firm nod of encouragement before turning toward the door.

"Come in."

The door swings open revealing the short plump yet shapely figure of your grandmother. Her long white hair is back in a braid and she wore a old style dress which hugged her voluptuous body. Even you had to admit that for a woman of her years she managed to stay looking surprisingly attractive. With that warm cherubic face of hers she smiles. Her eyes a cloudy white you knew she could only see you as an indistinct blob yet she says in a happy tone. "Oh my, look at you Jacob! So handsome!"

You chuckle. "You can't even see me."

She laughs along with you. "A grandma can tell." She approaches you and you smell the familiar pleasantly herbaceous aroma that always clung to her. She reaches up pinches both your cheeks too hard.

"Ouch! Grandmaaaa!" You whinge.

"He he he! Sorry." She cackles before looking over you with a melancholy sigh. "21 already. Where did the years go? You children grow so fast." She looks up at you with a strange expression, a mix of joy and concern, and pats your sore cheeks with her pillow soft palms. "Are you ready?"

"Are you kidding? I've waited for this all my life."

"Hmmm." She hums, still with that conflicted look upon her face. "Well, come on then. It's almost time."

You offer her your arm and she gladly takes it. Together you make your way from the room. Nothing more is said as the pair of you walk down the long richly decorated hallway of the upper west wing of the sprawling Devlin Manor. You move down the sweeping dark wood stairway to the main floor, helping your appreciative grandma with the steps even though she didn't need the aid. Paintings of your ancestors watch on as you walk through the grand entry hall and make your way to the dining hall.

Grandma stops you. "No dear, this way." She pulls your arm indicating the library is where you should go. You follow her lead and change direction. Letting out a soft sigh she says in a low voice. "Understand Jacob, we couldn't say anything."

You look down at her. Her head bowed she doesn't look back. "Yeah, I know. Big secret and all."

"No, it's not just a secret. I mean we literally couldn't say..." Her voice cuts off, shaking her head she says. "You'll see soon enough."

"Right." Now Grandma was a bit cracked, she said odd things from time to time, but something in the emotion in her voice had you beginning to worry. Perhaps this surprise wasn't the boon you had imagined all these years. Nah, probably just grandma being grandma. You pat her hand assuringly and continue on your way through the palatial manor.

You open the heavy oak door to the library to see the entire household sitting around on the stout leather furniture waiting for you. The lights were on low, enough to see by but dim enough to leave shadows in the far corners of the book shelves. You see no gifts, no decorations, and none of your friends had been invited, not even your best friend Grace. There is no indication that this might be a birthday celebration. Your mother and eldest sister had dressed up but the rest of them wore their everyday clothes. You felt a bit ridiculous now in your fine garments. Grandma pats your hand in a manner similar to what you had just done to her and leaves your side to join the family.

Your father stands and motions you forward. "Come in Jacob." He glances toward the towering grandfather clock ticking and tocking framed by the two huge heavily curtained windows on the room's outdoor wall. It is 3 minutes until the big moment.

You hesitate a second. The expressions on your family's faces ran the gamut of emotions. Everything from amused to tense to afraid.

"What's going on?" You ask.

Your mother beckons you in with a long finger. "Come in my darling. It is time you learned the truth."

***

Stepping in you let the door swing closed behind you and look around to the faces of your family and the manor's loyal servant. The room is alive with tingling anticipation with all eyes on you. Even your little sister had set her phone down to attend to the moment at hand.

You clear your throat in a vain attempt to break the tension. "Erm...where's Grace?"

Grace Minamoto was a member of the Devlin Estate's only neighboring home. Half Japanese-half English Grace was the only child of the wealthy neighbor couple and your very best friend growing up. Outside of the Devlins she had been the only other kid your age for miles around here in this remote heavily forested area. Smart, funny, loyal, and understanding with your family's eccentric ways the pair of you had formed quite a bond over the years. You knew she was a busy woman now with school and all, but you had assumed your family would find a way to have here on your birthday.

Your mother raises a finger. "Shhhh. Tonight is for the family. Two more minutes my love. Just wait two more minutes." Her large green eyes are glued to ticking clock, she couldn't wait.

"Uhhh, yeah, okay." You look to your father, a tall slender man of imposing yet dashing features. He stares back at you with hard gray eyes. You could see he wants to say something, to give you a warning perhaps, but is holding back. He strokes his well trimmed salt and pepper beard and waits. "It's only a couple of minutes, we might as well..."

"Shhhh." Your mom shushes you and you fall quiet. Man, they were serious about this exact time thing.

The seconds tick by as your heart beats faster in your chest and your anticipation builds to new heights.

You let out a loud gasp as suddenly you are seized by the feeling of the floor dropping out from under you. Your vision dims and a dizzying sense of vertigo overwhelms you nearly causing you to swoon to the floor. You stagger but are able to keep your feet. You grab your head and look up at your father in confusion just as the feeling is waning.

Your dad nods and announces. "It is done. The spell is broken. We may, at last, speak freely with him." He turns to look at the rest of them. "You may reveal yourselves now." He looks back to you and says in a low voice. "Remember, an open mind."

Your grandma steps up beside her son with a kindly smile. "We're still your family Jacob."

You tilt your head at them with a befuddled look. What was happening? Still your family? Spell? You felt fine now but what was that feeling that just washed over you?

Just then you hear a voice. Your mother's voice, but in tone richer and smoother than any human voice. "Jacob." She croons. "Look at me my child."

You turn your eyes upon your mom and watch in horror as red headed green eyed woman that had given birth to you transform before your eyes. Starting at the roots her long orange red hair changes into a shade of crimson. You let out a shriek as two thick curled horns sprout from upper edges of her forehead to curve down to either side of her head. Her creamy skin darkens before your eyes into a luscious rose color. Her long nails become sharp claws. Her teeth become more pointed. Her lovely emerald eyes shift to a warm amber that flickered like glowing coals. And from beneath her gown a long sinuous tail slithers forth. Her body is lean and lithe, her large breasts fuller and perfectly shaped. Her beauty is nearly painful to look upon. The creature before you still looked like your mom, but a sultry demonic version of her.

"Wha...!" You stumble back. "Get back!" You look to your father to do something but he remains calm.

"Shhh." She purrs in a way that tickles the back of your brain. "It's okay my love. It's me Jacob, it's your mom. The real me."

"Mo-Mom?"

"Yesss. Oh my dear boy, you have no idea how good it is to have you see me at last."

"Jacob." The eldest of your siblings, your sister Devany, says in voice as crisp and cool as a midwinter breeze.

You turn your eyes her way and watch another transformation take place. Not nearly as dramatic as your mother's but equally disturbing. She keeps her long blond hair, she keeps her clear blue eyes, and her elegant statuesque body slims just a little. Her skin pales to that of lustrous moonlight and her canine teeth lengthen and sharpen to fine points. This was no cheesy special effect, your sister Devany is a vampire!

With a very subtle lick of her teeth she whispers so softly you shouldn't have even heard her. "Hello little brother."

Seeing your stunned reaction your bully of a big brother Bronwyn lets out a huff of a chortle. "Me next!" He barks as she springs to his feet. Your wide frightened eyes dart his way.

Barely giving you time to focus on him his already hulking form begins to swell and grow taller. Sicking sounds of popping joints and stretching flesh fills the room. His button up shirt fills and starts to rip at the seams. Gray and white fur grows over his body. He tears the shirt open and watch his rippling muscles get bigger before being covered by a layer of the thick fur. Most grotesque is his head transforms into that of a great wolf, snarling fangs and all. His gray eyes, a match your father's, turn almost white. He throws his head back and lets out a long deafening howl that causes the short hairs at the back of your neck to stand. "RRRROOOOOOOOO-ooooo!"

"Oh be quiet you big oaf!" Devany gripes as she covers her ears.

You had never seen a wolf smile until now. With a growling chuckle he bares his big white teeth and takes a snap in your direction. "What do ya think of me now runt?" He says in bestial grumble.

"Don't worry." Your little sister Beatrix peeps. "His bark is worse than his bite."

Needing to look anywhere else you turn to your chipper, bubbly, goofy little sister hoping for some normalcy, you don't get it. When your gaze settles on her she gets a great big smile and...POP! All at once, where your cute as a button 19 year old purple haired sister once sat now sits...an entirely purple version of her! Her whole form now the same shade as her short pixie cut hairdo. The shape is familiar but everything else is weird. She looked like a human shaped jello mold. Her whole body was now a nearly transparent wobbly type of jelly or slime or...something. You could actually look through her to the leather chair back behind her. Her once hazel eyes, now a bright candy red, was the only thing not that same shade of purple.

She giggles and hold her right hand out proudly. "Check it out." Before your eyes her hand turns into a fly swatter then a hammer then a teapot and finally...a dildo? A smattering of laughs goes through the room which she eats up. Whatever this thing is it had the same sense of humor as Trixie. She then points at her gelatinous face. "Check it out." It was a bit hard to make out but you see her features change to your mother's then your father's and then yours! The purple version of your face winks back at you before you hear Trixie giggle once more and her features return to her own. "Pretty cool, eh Jake?"

"C-cool? What is happening?" You lean back into the door to give you support.

"Jacob." Your 18 year old little brother Lucian, the baby of the family, coos in a strangely soft and feminine sing-song voice. "Ohhhh Jacob."

You don't want to, you really don't want to, but your eyes turn his way regardless.

He hadn't waited for you to look at him before he made his switch. There, not 6 feet away from you, sits an alternate version of your baby brother Lucian. A bit smaller, a bit softer, a bit more slender, his face certainly more effete, and with a bit more curves on his petite frame. Beneath his fine shirt you could now see small breasts, his stiff dark nipples pressing out against the light fabric. On his head two adorable horns poked out from his hair, his ears were pointed like an elf, he had two short fangs and a tail maybe two feet long came out from around his back to waver back and forth at his side. His red hair had turned a soft pink and his already lovely green eyes had intensified in their shade. And behind those eyes burned a hunger that you could feel right down to your loins. His skin remained the same tone as before. His resemblance to what your mother had become was unmistakable, a lesser femboy version of what she was perhaps.

His plump soft pink lips turn into a flirtatious grin as his hand slowly glides toward the little bulge in his pants. "Mmmm, hiya big bro. When do you want your birthday present?"

"Luci." Your father's voice warns.

He titters and bats his eyes innocently, though they remain locked on you with anything but innocence in them.

You had to look away. Focusing on what you thought was an empty spot you realize that the maid Ciara had been standing there just a second ago. A moment later you realize she still is. Floating in mid-air you see a pixie, perhaps five or six inches tall, still wearing a wee little French maid outfit. Besides her sharp pixie features and wings she still looked like the household's loyal servant...just a lot smaller. Hovering in spot she give you a polite little curtsy. "Master Jacob." She peeps in a high voice.

You look back to your father and grandmother, never more happy to see their still normal and very human faces looking back at you.

Your father holds his hand out. "I will answer any question you have...but..."

Your mother interrupts him. "There is one more."

"Wha? Huh? How? What?" You stammer as you look around at the things posing as your family

Your mother's velvet smooth voice continues despite your confusion. "You have another sibling my love. You have...a twin."

"Twin?" Your mind couldn't even deal with what happened to your mother, never mind the rest of it, and now you're told you have another sibling? You just stare unable to grasp everything that was happening.

"Would you like to meet her?"

This causes a ripple of excitement through the room. "Is she here?" Bron growls in a gruff canine voice.

Your mother smiles knowingly. "She's here."

Even your normally stoic father straightens up with anticipation. "Ves?"

All attention turns to the shadows at the back of the room. "Vespera." Your mother says oh so softly. "Vespera my pet, come out. Come say hello to your twin brother." She looks back to you and smiles. "She is very shy."

You just catch your dad wipe a tear from his eye as he reaches out toward a seemingly empty corner of the room and says under his breath. "Let us see you my sweet girl. Please." His quavering voice begs. "Please."

grimbous
grimbous
1,040 Followers