The Diary of Jewel Delacroix Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The count knew that in Allegoria a same sex marriage was allowed, at least among the lower classes, but none had ever occurred among the nobles. Yet he had already married and had an heir. Could he now marry for love and happiness...or even better, revenge?

Revenge! The counts thoughts became flush with the realization that there was a way to get what he really wanted, and Count Delacroix always got what he wanted!

As the count formalized his thoughts into a plan he knew that he had one last person to consult. It wasn't often he sought advice from a commoner, but he knew he needed an expert opinion, and she was the best there was. The count called his secretary and had him summon her to his office that morning.

**

Leanne arrived at the office of the Chancellor of the Exchequer at precisely 9:15. Her appointment with the chancellor was at 9:30 and she prided herself on her punctuality. Leanne knew why she was called but she knew she had to allow the count to tell her who he wanted to marry and inquire as to whether or not she was available to act as wedding planner and chaperone for the new bride.

Leanne was a specialist. She made a living planning the weddings for the wealthy and noble classes. But she was also known as being the best at assisting the spouse of an arranged marriage accept and conform to their newly married status. She wasn't surprised when she was called upon like this anymore. She had an image and a reputation now that brought her respect in all the important social circles. And respect was good for business. As she waited in the reception room to be shown into the chancellors office she idly wondered who the woman would be. The count was never in any of the gossip columns. She only ever saw his name in the government, business or financial sections of the newspaper.

The phone rang on the handsome young receptionists' desk, interrupting Leanne's reverie. "The Chancellor will see you now." He smiled politely at her and Leanne noticed his perfect white teeth. The receptionist stood and escorted her to the door.

The receptionist announced Leanne's presence to the count and then bowed slightly as he left, shutting the door behind him.

Alone with the count, Leanne walked into the office and was greeted warmly and professionally. She maintained a polite and respectful silence as the count inquired after her well being and her day, giving only the polite responses members of the nobility expected.

"No doubt you know why I have asked you to meet with me." The count began.

"I only assume that it is of a personal nature my lord, since I do believe all my taxes are in order."

The count laughed pleasantly. He had heard jokes like that many times. "No, no, I am not here to inquire into your latest tax receipts," he smiled as he spoke "I am here to seek assistance that you can provide of a personal nature." The count wavered for only a moment before continuing on. "I am about to propose marriage and would like your services in assisting my future, ah, bride accept her new station."

"Of course my lord, I take it that it will be an arranged marriage and the lady in question does not yet know of your intentions?" Always respectful, Leanne bowed her head slightly as she spoke.

"No...he does not." The count watched Leanne closely as he let what he said sink in. He was amused at the changes in her expression as she worked to control her surprise.

"I'm sorry my lord, did you say 'He'"?? Are you saying that you are going to marry a...um...a man?"

The count couldn't suppress a small chuckle at Leanne's discomfort and surprise. "Yes. As you may be aware, the parliament passed a law last year allowing for same sex marriages." The count didn't say that he had originally opposed the law. He had an image to maintain after all. "I intend to propose marriage to the family of the young man and I want you to be his chaperone, but there is one other thing."

"Yes my lord, what is that?" Leanne asked, her thoughts still whirling with surprise.

"When I take my statement of intention and legal declaration to the crown I will be reminded that I have an image and a social standing to consider. In noble society anyone I marry will be eligible for the title of countess. I must also consider the feelings of the noble women who my wife will need to associate with. Therefore I have come to the conclusion that he will need to be dressed and be able to pass as a woman when he is out in public. There may also be more than the usual amount of...reluctance, as I do not know the young man's sexual orientation. I also do not want anyone to know that he is a man, not until I choose to make a statement and reveal the news. Can you do all this?"

Leanne was very surprised at the novelty of the proposal. She had never heard of such a thing, forcing a potentially hetero-sexual male to accept a same sex marriage and become a transvestite too. To her knowledge this had never been done to anyone.

She thought hard about the count's proposal and about the task ahead of her. Men say women are high maintenance. Arranged spouses are notoriously difficult to handle. Their level of acceptance is never the same from spouse to spouse, and with the new laws allowing same sex marriage there wasn't any precedent for an arranged same sex marriage for her to study and gain insight.

And the unusual request of feminizing the young man. Leanne could understand on an intellectual level why the count, in his social and professional standing, would need a wife for all the social functions where his and her participation is expected or required, but what about being accepted by all the other society and noble women of the country? The challenges would be enormous, but then again, so could the rewards. Leanne carefully considered what needed to be done and how she could do it.

"Count Delacroix, I accept your offer, but I must have complete and final authority over his training. You are no doubt aware that there are also going to be some, ah, unusual expenses involved. Compelling a straight male to accept a same sex marriage and a new sexual orientation has never been done before. You must be fully committed to his training regimen."

The count smiled broadly. "Of course, if you accept then you shall be his governess and chaperone. I shall leave him to you to prepare him for a long and happy marriage. As to his accepting his new identity, gays have been hiding their orientation for years; they were 'in the closet' so to speak; it will be no different for him."

Leanne could understand the count's reasoning, even if she didn't agree with it.

"Thank you my lord. I shall have an estimate of expenses drawn up and sent to you this evening."

"That will be fine. In the mean time there should be enough zeros on this check to get you going. I shall expect progress reports daily."

Leanne was surprised at the amount written on the check, although she was very careful to conceal it. "Thank you my lord, this should provide an adequate start. I can begin as soon as you have written consent from the family members for the marriage to take place. How soon do you think that will be?"

"I should have the families consent by the end of the week. How much time do you need to prepare?"

"There is typically three to six months of lead time and preparation." Leanne answered professionally.

The count studied his calendar for a moment. "Then the wedding will take place Thursday, in 3 months time" The count's smile grew even wider.

**

Jules listened as the lawyer spoke. His mother and sister both seemed equally stunned by this new development.

"The charges are lengthy and the penalty is severe, Mrs. Macleod. I would urge you to seriously consider accepting this plea agreement. If Jules agrees to the marriage proposal then the charges will be dropped and your husband will be free and can never be charged again."

Two weeks after their father had entered his plea, Jules and all his family had been summoned to the prosecutor's office. They had been shown into a large office where the prosecutor introduced a smartly dressed woman and said that she was an attorney representing a private party and needed to deliver important information.

The lawyer spoke directly to Jules. "It is important that you understand this. A noble has expressed interest, and states they are 'captivated' by you and they want you to accept a proposal of marriage. In return for your family's acceptance, the charges against your father will be waived without prejudice and your father will be released. If you accept their proposal this will also result in a substantial monetary endowment to your family, as required by law, as well as a noble title for you and entry into the noble society of Allegoria's ruling elite. The offer is made today and a decision must be given immediately. Refuse and the trial will proceed as scheduled; and in all likelihood your father will go to jail and you and your family will be financially ruined."

Jenny was the first to break the silence. "Oh my god, how romantic and wonderful, think of the title and the money. And dad goes free too. Go for it bro, do it!"

Jules mother was not so sure. "Now Jennifer, we don't know anything about this woman. Who is the noblewoman who wants to marry Jules? How old is she? What's her motive?"

The attorney interrupted "Allegoria's Laws only allow for the arrangement of a marriage like this for love. There can be no other considerations or ulterior motives allowed."

Yeah right, thought Jules mother. Her expression of doubt and hope clearly evident across her face.

"What do you think James?"

"Hey, if it gets dad free and all of us some money then why not?"

Jules was annoyed by his brother's cavalier attitude but he did have a point.

"See mom," Jenny was getting excited. She looked at Jules and her mom, "Marry the old biddy and you become a rich lord of the realm. And daddy goes free!"

"But shouldn't I meet her first? I mean, I have no idea who she is." Jules could feel the butterflies in his stomach. Excitement and fear together as well as what seemed like an opportunity too good to be true.

Their attorney spoke again. "There isn't any requirement to meet first, and given the timing of this offer I don't think you would have the time. I will need a decision right away if we are to move on this."

Jules grandmother finally broke her silence "It is your duty to the family to help your father. Arranged marriages are common here."

Jules mother looked at Jules as she spoke. "Ultimately it is your decision, if you agree to this..." her voice trailed off. It did seem like a perfect opportunity.

Jules was flustered and confused, and excited all at once. Here was his opportunity to be the hero and set things right! Just like in the movies, save the day and get the girl. He hoped that whoever she was she wasn't really an old biddy like his sister had suggested. He glanced at his grandmother and felt shivers as he imagined being with a woman that old.

"I require all of you to sign that you acknowledge the proposal and consent to the terms." One by one his mother, sister, brother, grandfather and grandmother were also directed when and where to sign. It bothered Jules for a minute that none of them actually read all the papers, but he figured the lawyers must have read them and must know what they are doing.

The attorney stood up and announced "Your lawyer and I will take this to your father and obtain his consent as part of a plea agreement. If you all will wait here it should only be a few minutes."

"Wait, shouldn't I sign as well?" Jules asked.

"Your signature is not required. Only that your family is informed of the proposal and agree. We only need 6 signatures and if your father agrees then it is all set."

Jules watched as the lawyer left the room. Jules and his family sat in silence until Jenny started chattering nervously. "I wonder what she's like. What kind of house will you live in? I bet it's a mansion. What will your title be? Duke? Count? Barron? Don't think for a minute that I'm going to bow down or curtsy to you now."

Although it seemed like much longer, after only 30 minutes they all turned simultaneously as the door opened and the attorneys walked back into the room.

"Your father has signed." She announced. "He was in disbelief at first, but when I showed him that you all had signed he agreed as well. Per the terms he will be released on the day of your wedding and will be free after the marriage vows are exchanged. Congratulations!"

Jules smiled as he accepted the Lawyers handshake and his family's approval. He had done it. He had saved his family. Life could only get better.

12